Home
[Linked Image]

Full article - Click Here

No way to verify if this is indeed the 2017 Super Duty, but we do know the next Super Duty will use full aluminum body panels, just like the new F150. Can anyone else pick up what else this truck shares with the F150?
Well, that's quite something! I've never seen a pickup truck that even looked remotely like that. Wow! Design revolution. Stop the presses. Hang on, I gotta take an Ativan.
Originally Posted by walt501

No way to verify if this is indeed the 2017 Super Duty, but we do know the next Super Duty will use full aluminum body panels, just like the new F150. Can anyone else pick up what else this truck shares with the F150?

A $60K+ price tag?
Looks like a Government Motors truck with a Ford grill and headlights.
Looks like it shares the same body... Are they going the Dodge and Chevy route and use one body now.
Pop top or pull tab?
Ford ought to "leak" word that these aluminum bodied trucks are resistant to detection by radar. There's enough of Barnum's target audience to fall for it and give sales a bump.
They need to focus on providing a dependable Diesel engine
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Yep.
Originally Posted by SKane

Yep.

My thoughts exactly.
Can anyone else pick up what else this truck shares with the F150?

I'll take a stab at a couple things:

The 3.5L Ecoboost is the base engine?

It's so low, to change the oil, you have to run it up a ramp, to reach the filter and drain?

The running boards are ugly?

It's too big and too expensive?

It now rides like an F450? Sort of like the F150 now rides like an F350?

You need a ladder to reach anything inside the bed?

The dealers will try to sell you the kitchen sink, when you go in for service?

let me know if I missed anything...

smirk

At least the wheel wells are not square. grin
Not sure these are the responses walt501 was looking for...

other than DocRocket's.

laugh

Why cant they build a damn pickup with 4x4, gasoline v8 that gets decent mileage, AC, and a manual transmission and sell it for 30k. I've been casually shopping the used market and it appears that something like I've described is an extinct species. Guy at the dealership told me to just order what I want as they have a big rebate right now. Bare bones regular cab F250 4x4 gasser with steel wheels and crank windows was 42k off the lot. Who the hell affords all these 50-70k pickups? Looks like I'm going to drive my 04 until the wheels fall off.

BTW the one in the pic looks like a Dodge and a GM got drunk and hooked up to conceive the bastard.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Well, that's quite something! I've never seen a pickup truck that even looked remotely like that. Wow! Design revolution. Stop the presses. Hang on, I gotta take an Ativan.

What we can't see is the other side of the truck. It's possible there is a completely different design to the right side of the pickup.......
Originally Posted by 79S
Looks like it shares the same body... Are they going the Dodge and Chevy route and use one body now.

We have a winner!

Looks like the new Super Duty will share the same cab as the current F150. Makes sense that Ford leverage their aluminum body architecture.
Originally Posted by ironbender

A $60K+ price tag?

Winner, winner chicken dinner. Damn trucks cost what houses used to. Can you get a 30yr mortgage to pay one off?
I'm gonna miss the drop-down for the rear view mirror view.
My Doc informed me that if I needed more exercise..some real strenuous stuff...to buy a Ford truck as the suspension system would give me a REAL workout!!

Told him...NO THANK YOU!!

They need to make one that doesn't bounce in the snow!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
My Doc informed me that if I needed more exercise..some real strenuous stuff...to buy a Ford truck as the suspension system would give me a REAL workout!!

Told him...NO THANK YOU!!

He was probably just trying to get you walk more laugh
My F150 rides rougher than the 4 door Jeep Wrangler, despite having a wheelbase 3 feet longer. I guess the stiff suspension is the price of higher load capacity.

I got curious and checked, a 1996 F150 had a GVWR of 6250lbs, and my 2014 has a 7200lb rating. In contrast, a 1996 F250 gives a rating ranging from 6200 lbs to 8800 lbs.
Front looks like a GM.
I just bought a 2015 4 runner. It will be running fine when the last of these is scrapped.

mike r
And I am sure it will pull a fifth wheel and haul hay better too.
Rauncho BoZo will be asking me so....

anyone know what a set of valve cover gaskets will be going for???? whistle

could be a deal killer.... grin
Ewwww...

I'll keep my '11 F-350..
If I wanted to do either I would buy a Tundra.

mike r
My first thought as well.
Comes with it own Obama Phone
Originally Posted by bea175
Comes with it own Obama Phone

No. That's those Govnt Motors trucks.
Can you still get manual hubs, or am I living in the past ??

(looks like them in the picture,but can't tell if they're real)
I'll put my money on a new Tundra when the time comes for a new truck.......problem is getting the 2004 Tundra to wear out. Next major mileage marker will be 300k.
Originally Posted by 79S

Not only is this unit "completely redesigned", Ford is blazing the trail in modular crossover assembly!
If I wanted a pickup that looked as ugly as a GMC I'd buy a GMC. It's impossible to buy real pickup these days. They are all catering to city dwelling panty wasted types. They're so full of girly gadgets and features they seem cramped in the cab, yet none are as durable in hard use as the older trucks.

I'll keep my old 7.3 PSD & my '75 F250. Either one will out work one of these new ones.
Originally Posted by bucktales

My 2011 has hubs that are both electronic and manual. While driving I can switch them in. However if I'm stuck and can't get the wheels to roll to engage, I can step out and turn the hubs by hand.

Best of both worlds.

Now the folding mirrors on the other hand, worst of any world...
I actually use the power folding mirrors darn near every day, on my F150.

One of these days I'm going to buy one of those mid-90's pickups, just to have a basic truck. The power & convenience doodads are nice on the new ones, but there are times when a plain old truck with 8' bed is the best thing.
Both my mirrors are having serious issues with folding. Going to try and open one up this weekend to see if I can fix it. If not they're pretty damned expensive to replace.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I actually use the power folding mirrors darn near every day, on my F150.

One of these days I'm going to buy one of those mid-90's pickups, just to have a basic truck. The power & convenience doodads are nice on the new ones, but there are times when a plain old truck with 8' bed is the best thing.

Be aware some of the Triton motors had a habit of launching spark plugs.
My friend's '05 F-250 spit 3 out.
spark plug blowout

I can't get excited about 50K+ trucks, especially with aluminum body panels, not when I could drop a 24V in this, Vintage Air, a used Chevy dually bed and enjoy every minute of it.

[Linked Image]

http://nacogdoches.craigslist.org/cto/5130997356.html
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by bucktales

My 2011 has hubs that are both electronic and manual. While driving I can switch them in. However if I'm stuck and can't get the wheels to roll to engage, I can step out and turn the hubs by hand.

Best of both worlds.
Same here. Hadda use 'em once too. laugh

Now the folding mirrors on the other hand, worst of any world...
No problems with the folding mirrors (yet) on my truck - just don't try to use 'em in the winter if really cold and/or snow/ice on the joints..

Also like the powered extension feature when pulling the camper..

Originally Posted by RDW
I can't get excited about 50K+ trucks, especially with aluminum body panels, not when I could drop a 24V in this, Vintage Air, a used Chevy dually bed and enjoy every minute of it.

[Linked Image]

http://nacogdoches.craigslist.org/cto/5130997356.html
Make sure your fillings ain't loose when ya steam into town with THAT.. Does it come with heated/cooled seats? laugh laugh
Speaking of folding mirrors....
Bossman smacked another superduty (2015) mirror to mirror.
Bought a new one from ford, price was north of $1000.00.
That's right...over $1000.00 for 1 mirror.
No labor, mirror only......... > $1000.00
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

I read an article on the new F-150 that discussed the cost to repair the aluminum body. They smacked a new truck with a sledge hammer to simulate being in a fender bender. In the process, they broke the tail light. On some models of this truck, the tail light houses a blind spot monitoring sensor.

The new tail light cost? Just a shade under $900. crazy
They are very nice mirrors though.

wink
Originally Posted by ironbender
They are very nice mirrors though.

wink

For a thousand a pop, they ought to show you where you're going, not just where you've been. grin

look at it this way, running 80 on the interstate you can easily fold the mirrors in to reduced wind resistance smile
Originally Posted by BigNate
If I wanted a pickup that looked as ugly as a GMC I'd buy a GMC. It's impossible to buy real pickup these days. They are all catering to city dwelling panty wasted types. They're so full of girly gadgets and features they seem cramped in the cab, yet none are as durable in hard use as the older trucks.

I'll keep my old 7.3 PSD & my '75 F250. Either one will out work one of these new ones.

Living in the past is a hobby all its own.

All front and no bed.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire