Home
WaPo: Bill Clinton encouraged Trump to play a bigger role in the GOP in phone call shortly before campaign launch
posted on HOT AIR, August 5, 2015 by Allahpundit

Who else would a conservative folk hero turn to for wise counsel while contemplating a run for president but Bill Clinton?

It’s cute that WaPo thinks this is a big “get,” as if it’ll discourage a single Trump supporter from backing him. The first rule of political hero worship is that the hero can do no wrong.

Four Trump allies and one Clinton associate familiar with the exchange said that Clinton encouraged Trump’s efforts to play a larger role in the Republican Party and offered his own views of the political landscape…

Trump took the call from his office in Trump Tower in New York, according to the four allies, who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly. The call came as Trump was making a final decision about whether to run, and he was candid about his political ambitions and his potential interest in seeking the White House during the talk, these allies said.

The 42nd president listened intently and then analyzed Trump’s prospects and his desire to rouse the GOP base, the Trump allies said.

The tone of the call was informal and Clinton never urged Trump to run, the four people said. Rather, they said, Clinton sounded curious about Trump’s moves toward a presidential bid and told Trump that he was striking a chord with frustrated conservatives and was a rising force on the right.

Clinton was reportedly “upbeat and encouraging” during the call because of course he was, darling.
Heard Clinton charges $350,000 to
"listen intently and analyze prospects".
He favor he did Trump is immeasureable, I'm sure.
Bill Clinton likes money (and poontang). He doesn't really GAF about anything else. Why wouldn't he wanna be Trump's bud? The #1 rule in politics is to hedge your bet. The loser can't do anything for you.
Clinton is a political animal, and an apex predator at that. I'd listen to his advice. We wouldn't agree on policy, but Bill could give pointers on how to get elected and how to move legislation.

And the LT is correct. In politics, and big business, you don't burn any bridges.
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Clinton is a political animal, and an apex predator at that. I'd listen to his advice. We wouldn't agree on policy, but Bill could give pointers on how to get elected and how to move legislation.

And the LT is correct. In politics, and big business, you don't burn any bridges.

So Bill is going to give advice to DONALD as to how to beat Hillary???

Trump is the Clinton's Manchurian Candidate. Watch and see.

Link:

https://insomniaclibertarian.wordpr...p-hillary-clintons-manchurian-candidate/
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman

So Bill is going to give advice to DONALD as to how to beat Hillary???

It ain't like Bill and Hillary are friends.
Last time I checked Bill was still campaigning for Hill.
But if you want to trust Bill and his advice for DONALD; go for it.
Bill Clinton should eat a dick...and probably has.
I've never seen a group more eager to throw a towel into the ring than today's Republicans.

It's incredible.

Travis

I don't trust anybody, but don't believe Bill Clinton is any kind of genius either.
Wait, wasn't BOWSINGER all hot and bothered recently because Failin'Palin was pushing Trump and some batschit crazy ideas about her being his running mate or in his administration?

Now, the same person is crying "wolf" because supposedly some kook fringe is coming up with Trump being a Bill Clinton puppet?
Help them lose. There is nothing to stop Trump from taking his "campaign" up within a short time of the election and then bail out, or any other kind of malfeasance. Anyone who can trust Trump can also trust a demoncrap, because that's what Trump has always been, supposedly until now.
If a Presidential prospect wouldn't make an excellent Sec of State, they most certainly shouldn't be considered for the Presidential office.

Hillary failed the test. Now think of Trump in that office and you have the answer why neither should be considered. Trump has many ideals that I agree with. But being President is not one of them. GW
Originally Posted by 4ager
Wait, wasn't BOWSINGER all hot and bothered recently because Failin'Palin was pushing Trump and some batschit crazy ideas about her being his running mate or in his administration?

Now, the same person is crying "wolf" because supposedly some kook fringe is coming up with Trump being a Bill Clinton puppet?

NO. BOWSINGER was reporting what DONALD said about wanting people as sharp and tough as Sarah in his administration.
And what Sarah said about DONALD getting a loud and clear message out better than the others.

Same as she has been doing since 2008. That was back when DONALD was a Clinton Democrat.
And Sarah also said she was not endorsing anyone at this early point in the race.

Never needed or used any kook fringe to come up with those news headlines.
Trump is high in the polls because of what he's saying NOW. People are fed up, he knows it and is taking advantage of that like a used car salesman. People are sick and tired of business as usual.

The GOP politicians need to take notes and recognize what's driving his numbers. He could easily cause the Dems to win yet again.

I do like what he's saying lots of times. I like that he doesn't owe any big corporate sponsors. He my well be a wolf in sheepskin.

If he puts together an actual list of long time conservative, liberty loving, cabinet members ahead of time and chooses a V.P. that's equally conservative by track record, he would absolutely smoke this election.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I don't trust anybody, but don't believe Bill Clinton is any kind of genius either.
He may not cure cancer but he's a genius at deception and survival.
Originally Posted by BigNate
Trump is high in the polls because of what he's saying NOW. People are fed up, he knows it and is taking advantage of that like a used car salesman. People are sick and tired of business as usual.

Trump is high in the polls because of $2 billion in free media coverage. That is the only reason, but that is also significant.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by ltppowell

He may not cure cancer but he's a genius at deception and survival.

You could say the same about Obama then, but I believe it's more a matter of being protected by the establishment. It's not like anybody believed his lies.
Well no...I don't think Trump, if he were to stay in the process and then win would ever choose Palin for anything. Choosing Sarah as a VP is a sure fired way to get smoked in the General.
Trump sure is scarin' the schit out of both sides. Gonna be interesting to.watch all this go down.
Does everyone here realize there is a difference between a capitalist and a conservative?

And they are not mutually inclusive or exclusive, i.e. Capitalists can be conservative, or liberal, or libertarian.

Just because he does not meet your expectation of conservative doesn't mean he's a democrat. Geez...

Suck that up for a moment.

Trump makes money and pays off whom he needed to in order to accomplish his goal.

Frankly, if he is making it his goal to getting the country out of debt, stop protected class favoritism, unrestrain the economy, and stop taking bullshit from the junior varisty teams, than fine.

It is apparent that some choir boy idealist isn't going to make this country work.

It's going to take someone who frankly is in a position to not give a [bleep].

If I was in that position, I wouldn't be working, I'd be hunting.

Trump is in that position. He would rather spend his time fixing the broken ass country apparently.

Bless his heart...
...and if he were in cahoots with the Clinton's, we will know soon enough, because a third party run would be his plan, at which point he would become the worlds worst villain. That's a pretty heavy goal.
© 24hourcampfire