Home
It looks like the PETA lunatics didn’t get what they wanted.

Zimbabwe has charged a second man in connection to the killing of Cecil the lion, but his name is not Walter Palmer.
Prosecutors on Tuesday accused Zimbabwean farmer Honest Ndlovu of allowing the American dentist to hunt Cecil on his land without the required permission, the Associated Press reported.
He faces one year in prison or a $400 fine, his attorney, Tonderai Mukuku, told the AP.
Ndlovu is the second Zimbabwean charged in the case after professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst was arraigned on July 29.
Officials believe Bronkhorst lured the aging lion out of Hwange National Park and onto Ndlovu’s Antoinette Farm, which is separated from the protected park by only a railway track. Once Cecil was on the farmland, Palmer allegedly shot the animal with a bow and arrow before later finishing him off by gunshot. The lion was then beheaded and skinned.
Thank God. Now all the bleeding heart idiots can apologize to him, and send him donations to try to rebuild his life with.
Probably too late.
I heard on the news today that he has reopened his dental practice.
Anyone invovled or belonging to PETA or such should pay the damaged of $1 a peice thats would be a pretty good pay day to the accused
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I heard on the news today that he has reopened his dental practice.

his practice opened,but he is not there.
Prosecuting foreign hunters might hurt the influx of stable currency into the country (and into Bob's pockets).
Prosecutors on Tuesday accused Zimbabwean farmer Honest Ndlovu of allowing the American dentist to hunt Cecil on his land without the required permission

Interesting, since whites can't own land in Zimbabwe grin
lions lives matter

[Linked Image]
The lion was then beheaded and skinned.

Oh the horror!! laugh laugh laugh
Birdwatcher must be in mourning...
Birdwatcher must be in mourning...

Like I said earlier, it ain't everyone who has someone of your accomplishments as their own personal troll.
I don't see how that clears the hunter at this point.

Don't think that I"m against the hunter or for the lion.

But here, the hunter would still be liable, and I suspect over there could still be charged.

The article simple said the landowner was now charged along with the guide...

Here, you could get the guide, the hunter and the owner very likely

This whole thing will blow over and be forgotten.

No one in Zimbabwe stands to profit from a legal battle, as someone pointed out a legal battle against a foreign client would hurt the lucrative safari business.

Whatever his ethics may be....

(for my own part, if I had poached a bear and lied about it like he did I'd be considering hara-kiri)

....the dentist will restore/rebuild his practice and get on with his life. Ya don't get to where he was already financially by being a shrinking violet.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

THE guide who helped Walter Palmer ...minuscule fine, his lawyer has revealed.

By SELINA SYKES
18:31, Mon, Aug 10, 2015 | UPDATED: 19:17, Mon, Aug 10, 2015

Givemore Mvhiringi, the lawyer acting on behalf of the guide hired by Dr Palmer, spoke of the shockingly lenient penalties as he said he had conclusive evidence proving Cecil was lawfully shot - meaning he would not face any penalty AT ALL.

He also said there is no charge under Zimbabwean law that could be used to bring Dr Palmer to trial if he was extradited back to Africa.

“There is no point bringing Walter Palmer back to Zimbabwe because there is no charge I can find under the law that can be brought against him.

Despite Zimbabwe's National Park Authority claiming Mr Bronkhorst had broken several rules, Mr Mvhiringi said the local hunter acted within the current law.

Mr Mvhiringi said: “Our line of defence is that Mr Bronkhorst is innocent and he has all the necessary paperwork to prove it.

“We asked for the postponement of the case so we can put our defence together. We have to be sure of matters for the interests of our client.”

The respected lawyer claimed while the National Parks Authority claim certain rules were broken, none of these are stated in law.

He said: “The National Parks have written to Mr Bronkhorst asking for compensation of $20,000. That is not joking money in Zimbabwe.

“His reputation is at stake and his livelihood. At the moment he is in a bad place but this should get better in a month or so when we go to court.

“He will be prosecuted by local prosecutors. All the other cases like this have never been reported, it is only in this case because it is Cecil. If it was any other lion none of this would have happened. They acted within the law.”

Dr Palmer, 55, has reportedly hired armed security and installed cameras after vigilantes vandalised a number of his safari-themed homes.

Mr Mvhiringi said: “Mr Palmer would be more of a free man in Zimbabwe than he currently is in America. There is much sympathy here for the dentist in Zimbabwe.”

Originally Posted by watch4bear
Prosecutors on Tuesday accused Zimbabwean farmer Honest Ndlovu of allowing the American dentist to hunt Cecil on his land without the required permission

Honest Ndlovu doesn't sound like a white name to me. He's probably one of Mugabe's henchmen who didn't pay the right bribe to the authorities.
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

By SELINA SYKES

Givemore Mvhiringi, the lawyer acting on behalf of the guide hired by Dr Palmer, spoke of the shockingly lenient penalties as he said he had conclusive evidence proving Cecil was lawfully shot - meaning he would not face any penalty AT ALL.

He also said there is no charge under Zimbabwean law that could be used to bring Dr Palmer to trial if he was extradited back to Africa.

“There is no point bringing Walter Palmer back to Zimbabwe because there is no charge I can find under the law that can be brought against him.

Despite Zimbabwe's National Park Authority claiming Mr Bronkhorst had broken several rules, Mr Mvhiringi said the local hunter acted within the current law.

Mr Mvhiringi said: “Our line of defence is that Mr Bronkhorst is innocent and he has all the necessary paperwork to prove it.

“We asked for the postponement of the case so we can put our defence together. We have to be sure of matters for the interests of our client.”

The respected lawyer claimed while the National Parks Authority claim certain rules were broken, none of these are stated in law.

He said: “The National Parks have written to Mr Bronkhorst asking for compensation of $20,000. That is not joking money in Zimbabwe.

“His reputation is at stake and his livelihood. At the moment he is in a bad place but this should get better in a month or so when we go to court.

“He will be prosecuted by local prosecutors. All the other cases like this have never been reported, it is only in this case because it is Cecil. If it was any other lion none of this would have happened. They acted within the law.”

Dr Palmer, 55, has reportedly hired armed security and installed cameras after vigilantes vandalised a number of his safari-themed homes.

Mr Mvhiringi said: “Mr Palmer would be more of a free man in Zimbabwe than he currently is in America. There is much sympathy here for the dentist in Zimbabwe.”

Well that says according to the defense attorney nothing can happen to the Dr.... I"ve heard that a LOT before.

It'll be over when its over and thats when we will know how it all played out. And if not charged I'd be worried, as I have no clue if they have statute of limitations there....
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

By SELINA SYKES

Well that says according to the defense attorney nothing can happen to the Dr.... I"ve heard that a LOT before.

It'll be over when its over and thats when we will know how it all played out. And if not charged I'd be worried, as I have no clue if they have statute of limitations there....

'Rules' VS 'Laws'.....justice VS corruption. Anything goes....over there.

Used to think we had protections against such actions here, but recent high court rulings prompt folks to wonder.

Again, I"m not for the lions and against the hunter, just saying that proclaiming the debacle over is false advertising big time IMHO.

And his life is ruined likely, PETA is nothing but life long terrorists anyway, they won't go away.
The land this hunt was conducted on had been "resettled". Good old Honest is on land once owned by a white family. He is definitely one of Bob's favored tribe.

I always wondered why anyone in Zimbabwe would hire an attorney when it is cheaper to buy a judge.

Perry
Once the "payola" was undoubtedly handed out to the proper people, it is business as usual over there. Just a guess, but I'm guessing I'm right.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Honest Ndlovu doesn't sound like a white name to me. He's probably one of Mugabe's henchmen who didn't pay the right bribe to the authorities.

Here's Honest

[Linked Image]
I don't know a single person that would give two-flying-fugks that their dentist hunts in Africa.

I think he'll be fine once the morons get wind of a new "tragedy."

Dave
My niece who works in dentistry in Eagan, which is just a stones throw from Bloomington, knows the dentist in question and says he's great. Fun person, very successful.

In the end nobody will care about this story and his career will be just fine...I hope.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

In the end nobody will care about this story and his career will be just fine...I hope.

Of course he will. WTF do dentists do all day? They babble about themselves non-stop while they work. Every client he has likely knew he was hunting in Africa.

Nobody gives a fugk.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Of course he will. WTF do dentists do all day? They babble about themselves non-stop while they work. Every client he has likely knew he was hunting in Africa.

Nobody gives a fugk.

Travis
Yeah, I wish my dentist had killed Cecil. That would give him better [bleep] to talk about than he does.
Honest is looking at a $400 fine, they must really be pissed off!
My dentist is grumpy. Maybe he needs to kill something.
© 24hourcampfire