Home
Posted By: bruinruin Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/22/15
I just had a strap on my freshly hung hammock give way, dumping my fat azz on the hard ground. Damn, that gave me a heck of a headache.

I got her re-hung and she's holding fine. Maybe a nap will help with the headache. I'm going to give it a try.
Some joke here somewhere about being poorly hung....
Apply bourbon. sprinkle with PBR, as needed.
Just looking at a hammock make my back hurt!

Hope you're ok!!!
Apply bourbon. sprinkle with PBR, as needed.

Might cause a worse headache than the hammock incident. miles
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/22/15
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Just looking at a hammock make my back hurt!...

Out in the woods, Black bears look at hammocks with people sleeping in them and think, "Ahhh, burritos on a string!" grin

L.W.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/22/15
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I just had a strap on my freshly hung hammock give way, dumping my fat azz on the hard ground. Damn, that gave me a heck of a headache.

I got her re-hung and she's holding fine. Maybe a nap will help with the headache. I'm going to give it a try.

You forgot to use PVC glue on the knots?
I'm sipping a cold one from a local brewery and reading a book from the Longmire series. The headache is pretty much gone and the weather is beautiful.

All's well that ends well, as they say.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/22/15
Just looking at a hammock make my back hurt!

Hope you're ok!!!

AMEN, never could get comfortable in one.
Posted By: byc Re: Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/22/15
It's the squirrels I tell ya! They're eating everything around here!!

The hammock supports went last year. Found out the same way that you did Scott! And they were Pawleys Island Hammocks!! cry
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Just looking at a hammock make y back hurt!...

Out in the woods, Black bears look at hammocks with people sleeping in them and think, "Ahhh, burritos on a string!" grin

L.W.

Used to see a cartoon showing 2 bears looking out at Boy Scouts in their sleeping bags, one commenting "Oh goody - Oreos!"
Was considered funny by the locals around Philmont - politically incorrect by outsiders.
Originally Posted by byc
It's the squirrels I tell ya! They're eating everything around here!!

The hammock supports went last year. Found out the same way that you did Scott! And they were Pawleys Island Hammocks!! cry

It's a hard landing, isn't it, David? eek

Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Just looking at a hammock make y back hurt!...

L.W.

Used to see a cartoon showing 2 bears looking out at Boy Scouts in their sleeping bags, one commenting "Oh goody - Oreos!"
Was considered funny by the locals around Philmont - politically incorrect by outsiders.

I remember seeing a similar cartoon, but the 2 bears were looking at a couple campers in their bags, asleep on the ground by a campfire. One bear says, "You ever notice how how an open fire boosts your appetite?"
Originally Posted by bruinruin

If it makes you feel any better, earlier today I gas up at a service station, grab a couple snacks, and am in the process of stepping into the F150, when my left foot slips off the running board, due to rain.

I'm in just the wrong position to catch myself, so I basically fall to the cement, from seat height or so. I land hard on left knee, and face plant from that point.

After I collect my wits, my first thought is, I hope a cop didn't see me do that. I stagger up, shake it off, get in veeerrryyy carefully, and drive home. Two bruised & skinned knees, and two scraped knuckles were the result.

That's the 2nd time I've slipped off the running board. Think it was the last, too!
Posted By: byc Re: Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/22/15
I have these retracting running boards on my SUV and it took about 4 times of totally busting my butt before I realized NOT to use Armor-All on them. That does hurt!
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Some joke here somewhere about being poorly hung....

Better one about being rehung...
Posted By: deflave Re: Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/22/15
Hammocks suck.

Travis
Originally Posted by byc
I have these retracting running boards on my SUV and it took about 4 times of totally busting my butt before I realized NOT to use Armor-All on them. That does hurt!

Got those on my 2015 F150 4x4 Platinum Model SuperCrew. First truck I've ever owned with the retractable running boards. I got them so it would be easier for my elderly Mom to get in & out of the truck when I take her to the Dr. Or to buy her grocerys.
First time it rained, and I stepped up on the running board in my Croc's, I busted my ASS!
Mine are slicker than goose ShiiTT.
They were great when I was 12. Not sure how I'd like one now.
Gravity sucks. grin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Well, that fricking hurt. - 08/23/15
I bought a Mayan hammock from Amazon that's rated at 650 lbs. Also got the Pawley's Island nylon straps that can't come undone. It can be tricky getting out of it, especially if I forget and wear my flat-soled house shoes that won't let me get a grip on the ground. I'm sure the neighbors get a bang out of watching me attempting to escape.

It is very comfortable provided you get situated properly.
© 24hourcampfire