Home
What can be done about the obnoxious pop ups that keep coming up on this site?????
No doubt it has gotten a lot worse. The advertising videos playing automatically is especially special!
Noscript, Ghostery, and UBlock Origin is what is done.
Adblock Edge, blocks them for me and I ghostery.
I have yet to see one.
It's ridiculous. This is the ONLY website that does it. The problem is THIS website.
If you access this website with an iPhone, the redirects are simply ridiculous.
I believe that I am using AdBlock Plus, at the earlier suggestion of others here. I get no ads, even the good ones about scopes, ammo, etc.
Originally Posted by Anjin
I believe that I am using AdBlock Plus, at the earlier suggestion of others here. I get no ads, even the good ones about scopes, ammo, etc.

This! I get no pop ups here using AdBlack Plus.
Originally Posted by antlers
It's ridiculous. This is the ONLY website that does it. The problem is THIS website.
If you access this website with an iPhone, the redirects are simply ridiculous.

I cannot help you with an iphone but FF with adblock works like a charm on my Android.
Never seen one here. Only have to do a search on how to eliminate the chance.

Couldn't see well enough to access on iphone anyway... wow, I"m getting old but phones ain't big enough to surf with.
Use the web browser Mercury on your iPhone and it stops the redirects.
Best one was this am when an ad video starts playing trying to sell me tampons.

Worst is when 2 start playing simultaneously and the audio for each is playing. What a CF.
Installed ad block.... Now let's see what happens.
I don't get pop ups on my PC but get slammed on my android phone to the point of giving up using it.
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Installed ad block.... Now let's see what happens.

You'll like it.
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
I don't get pop ups on my PC but get slammed on my android phone to the point of giving up using it.

Firefox and Adblock work on my phone just fine.
Hammers me on safari.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

Firefox and Adblock work on my phone just fine.

I've had to abandon Chrome on my tablet for just what you are using. Chrome I get ads on top of ads.
I am not saying it is good or bad, right or wrong, just that it works. Works with Ubuntu, works with Windows, and works on my Android phone and tablet.
I enjoy you-tube runnin in the background,including Corvus Corax the band, and Gladys Knight and the pips.

when the audibles, especially the Spaniards begin to conflict, I feel really violated.

I think the audibles are a fairly new invention to come along and infest this site. I don't know what of the Spanish ads are speaking.

Gillette I know about. and I don't want to hear it. Gladys, I'm sorry. I truly am.
Well that didn't work.....
This schit is fugking ridiculous.

Fix your schit Rick.

Clark
Firefox with Adblock Plus. Never had a popup yet. And I see no ads. It does say:

Blocked Items on This Page
39 out of 518

Did you set it up and turn on all the blocks?
Originally Posted by Scott F

Did you set it up and turn on all the blocks?

probably out of gas.
It really grips me when I pay good money to use something and all these ads come up. Oh wait.
Every time I try to access the Fire from my IPhone I get redirected to Uber.

Continue to get multiple page reloads.
Sorry Ed, I know nothing about iPhones.
Rick doesn't care as long as you pay your dues.
I appear to have no problem on my iphone
Rick , how about you fix this issue?????
Yea, it's really bad. When the ads start, you can't even pause them most of the time. When you do, they just start playing again.
If it was going to be fixed on the website end, it would have been long ago.

On the bright side, someone can always ask for a full refund for they paid for membership here... wink
but why are some sites so much worse than the others?

are the hook & bullet crowd being targeted?
the audibles continue to run on my machine. silence them, and in just a moment a new one pops up...and so on and so forth.

I know we don't pay for access to this site. but I'm beginning to wonder if members shouldn't be receiving a rebate, much like the electric membership corporations offer rebates.

it'd help salve the pain a bit.
I am trying like hell to recreate and I cannot either on iphone or iPad.

Just for shiggles, will you guys that are having issues clean out cookies, close browser, re-open browser, and login again. I am suspecting a stored cookie may be contributing.

In the meantime, I will keep trying here.
It's doing it on my PC. It's been happening all week. There are generally 3 windows at the bottom of the page that are running the video ads. Right now it's only 1.
Originally Posted by RickBin
I am trying like hell to recreate and I cannot either on iphone or iPad.

Just for shiggles, will you guys that are having issues clean out cookies, close browser, re-open browser, and login again. I am suspecting a stored cookie may be contributing.

In the meantime, I will keep trying here.

Done.

Rick, when I logged back on, and went to look at "my stuff" there were still 26-27 items appearing in "Cookies".

That normal ?

GTC
I'm technology challenged.... How do you find cookies on an iPhone???? Let the jokes begin....😀😊😂😬😕
Holy Smokes, Batman! Get a Mac! done deal.
Save your hard earned money and just switch to Ubuntu OS for free.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
It's doing it on my PC. It's been happening all week. There are generally 3 windows at the bottom of the page that are running the video ads. Right now it's only 1.

I just started getting the videos today, hadn't seen them before. I have to shut off the sound now because they start running every time I open a thread. I'm running every kind of adblocker, anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc. that I can think of and crap still keeps coming through on this site. ONLY on this site. Pretty much every piece of anti-anything software I've put on my computer is because I had to have it to keep this site running. I'm even using Chrome to try and make it work and I hate dealing with Google.

Yea, I know it's free. But it sure is a pain in the a$$ trying to keep this site working when you're not a computer geek.
It's the reloading pages that's killing me on iPhone. 50% of pages reload.
I've googled---- google chrome ad-blocker--

Bingo fixed it.

Down loaded it, all better now.

Right now, as I type this it's showing 16 blocked ads.
Last night I ran CCLEANER, which cleans out the cookies. This morning it was still running the ads. So I downloaded ADBLOCK on my PC and haven't had a problem since. I didn't do it on Crome, I loaded it on Mozilla and has been working great.
try epic privacy browser

John Boy, how about you toss in some money for the free site?
Originally Posted by rost495

John Boy, how about you toss in some money for the free site?

Give me a fu.cking break. Since an outdoor blog is free anyone visiting should expect virus', bugs and malware? This site is ricks bread and butter it behooves him to fix this sh.it.
across the web, how many other sites are as much fun as this one?

across the web, how many other sites causes as much problems as this one does?

where is the balance point/tipping point?

the snakes that creep onto this site seems to be increasing in both size and numbers.

how do we best kill off a bunch of the invading snakes?
I work in online media. Rick's choosing to have auto-roll, auto-sound videos because they pay a higher CPM. But he now has three video ad spots coded, so if you have a long thread, you get assailed with multiple ads. The more he puts intrusive ads on the site, the more people will install adblocker, which costs him money. It's a death spiral.
Originally Posted by rost495
Never seen one here. Only have to do a search on how to eliminate the chance.

Couldn't see well enough to access on iphone anyway... wow, I"m getting old but phones ain't big enough to surf with.
sorry wilford brimley

Diuhbeetus is a bitch
https://www.epicbrowser.com/privacy/intro.html

it works im serious
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

I just started getting the videos today, hadn't seen them before. I have to shut off the sound now because they start running every time I open a thread. I'm running every kind of adblocker, anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc. that I can think of and crap still keeps coming through on this site. ONLY on this site. Pretty much every piece of anti-anything software I've put on my computer is because I had to have it to keep this site running. I'm even using Chrome to try and make it work and I hate dealing with Google.

Yea, I know it's free. But it sure is a pain in the a$$ trying to keep this site working when you're not a computer geek.

Maybe sell your guns and take up cooking so you can hang out on the cooking web sites exclusively.

I run 4 different devices with Firefox and AdBlocker and have nary a slight twitch with any of them here. I don't think I lead a charmed life for some unknown reason. Maybe its those "other" sites that you visit that are maybe giving you the internet's version of the clap. Have you ever tried clearing your cache and cookies and your computer history in your lifetime?
Like others, if there was anything I knew that would help.......I'd certainly pass it along.

I run Firefox and Adblock Plus on my desktop. I also access the site with an iPhone 6. I absolutely have no problems. I experience none of the problems which many others have related.

I have cleared cookies......I do on a consistent basis. And I consciously installed Adblock Plus. Beyond that, there is nothing special with my environment. I certainly did nothing special with the iPhone. I'm a complete neophyte with the smart phone technology.
Originally Posted by SAKO75

Its also base on CHROME, and "customized to Indian users". #1 Most worry about Google, now you want them to use a customized version for Indians? Customized how? You want some foreigner stealing your schit, this is how to do it! #2 because its BASED on Chrome, by default it wont be updated to include the newest security fixes until AFTER Chrome updates.

If youre on windows, get Chrome, get adblock plus, get spywareblaster. Google how to install this kind of crap. If youre on an iphone, live with your overpriced POS.
What pop-ups? I don't see any advertisements, anywhere on the page.
© 24hourcampfire