Home
My son was out of town for the week, he has a dog, so to look in on the dog I had to hang out on his couch, drink his beer, and watch his big screen grin

First time I've been exposed to Netflix. The Brits are still making some great TV and some great movies.

This is a movie worth watching, effectively told from an 8 yr old viewpoint....

Birdwatcher

will watch, thx
I'd dump the dish and go with Netflix in a second if our stone age Internet would support it.
Yes, good movie.
My wife watched it, and wept.

I cant do movies like that with kids. I've had my fill of death and despair.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
My son was out of town for the week, he has a dog, so to look in on the dog I had to hang out on his couch, drink his beer, and watch his big screen grin

First time I've been exposed to Netflix. The Brits are still making some great TV and some great movies.

This is a movie worth watching, effectively told from an 8 yr old viewpoint....

Birdwatcher

When I signed up for Netflix in June my wife thought I was wasting money since we get several hundred channels on FIOS, after one day she was hooked on British detective shows and took ownership of my Roku smile I wanted to try out the Amazon Fire Stick anyway smile
I watched it a good while back on one of the satellite channels. Seen it listed a time or two since on the channel menu but once was enough. Too sad for me to watch again.

Movie is based on a book if you are more the reading type.

SS
Since your there for a week, you might look up Foyle's War. It was on for 8 years and one of my favorite series. Takes you from the early days of the war on into the early cold war. Much historical fact included that you may not even realise if you don't know much of WWII history or even if you think you do.

When his son joins the RAF you find that even though the Spitfire is beloved in the air, because its wheels were so close together it was dangerous to take off and land. Lots of other mini-facts as the series progesses.
Another fan of British detective movies here.

+1 on Foyle's War for sure.

Also, Midsomer Murders is another one that I often watch -- and I'm not alone in liking it because it has been running strong since 1997.

John

Don't drink while you watch it.
Great movie that makes you think.
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Since your there for a week, you might look up Foyle's War. It was on for 8 years and one of my favorite series. Takes you from the early days of the war on into the early cold war. Much historical fact included that you may not even realise if you don't know much of WWII history or even if you think you do.

When his son joins the RAF you find that even though the Spitfire is beloved in the air, because its wheels were so close together it was dangerous to take off and land. Lots of other mini-facts as the series progesses.

Yes! Foyle's War is very good! Mid Summer Murders is also, very good. So is New Tricks and Doc Martin.

The new version of Poldark is very good as well.

A couple of older series Danger UXB is good (WWII bomb disposal in Britian). Also, Piece of Cake (WWII Brit Squadron)
I started watching the movie a few months ago. Don't remember exactly why, but wasn't able to see more than about 2/3 of it. Didn't see the end, but liked what I saw.

I rarely find anything on Netflix that I enjoy, but it is only about $10/month and there are tons of great kids stuff. I have 3 grandkids ages 7, 5, and 2. When they come over it is well worth the price to me for them.

Thanks for the tip. NF just got The World's Fastest Indian with Anthony Hopkins - an utterly great movie.
© 24hourcampfire