Home
Posted By: Pappy348 Saw the real deal today.... - 08/27/15
Ran by Cooter's Garage today in Sperryville, VA. His General Lee was parked out front.
I'm almost sure the actual General Lee is owned by Bubba Watson, the golfer.
mebbe he has it fixed at cooters?......
Any pictures by chance?
Posted By: KFWA Re: Saw the real deal today.... - 08/27/15
I think there were like 20 General Lees- they went thru those cars pretty quick on that show

"Although the estimated number of General Lees used varies from different sources, according to former cast member Ben Jones ("Cooter" in the show), as well as builders involved with the show, 320 General Lees were used to film the series. Others claim about 255 were used in the series. Approximately 17 still exist in various states of repair. "
There's a few. Jones bought one after the show ended. Kind of a local attraction. I knew he was in the area, but this is the first time I saw where.

I was doing 55, so no pictures.

http://www.katv.com/story/29475780/confederate-flag-removed-from-dukes-of-hazzard-general-lee
John Schneider had one of the originals that was autographed on the firewall by all of the cast members. He sold it a couple or three years ago for several million dollars.
I could never have sold that car!
Posted By: dh84 Re: Saw the real deal today.... - 08/27/15
one of them is in Gatlinburg Tn.
I'm guessing his finances aren't what they used to be.......... eek
I just researched it, and discovered I was WAY off. He sold it on eBay, in 2007, for 9.9 million!
1 in Medford Oregon, or a clone.
Originally Posted by KFWA
I think there were like 20 General Lees- they went thru those cars pretty quick on that show

Yes, you are correct.

That is not at all unusual in Hollywood. For example, there were several Lassies used on the series as each Lassie was trained to do certain tricks. They all looked alike.

There were five Rosebud snow sleighs on set for Citizen Cain.

Etc., etc., etc.

L.W.
Posted By: EdM Re: Saw the real deal today.... - 08/27/15
Saw a nicely done replica, I suppose, at a show in Spokane a couple of months ago.
© 24hourcampfire