whistle

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Yours or a Clients?

Battle Flag in store..?

Can't wait.
Holy cancer, Batman! Good thing you're a magician.
It's ours, we will build and sell.

The plan as of right now is resto mod.

I've thought a lot about it, all the different ways we can go. Such as: Late Hemi, 6 spd trans, 4 link, aftermarket coil over front etc...

I believe I would like to pay tribute to the original design and power plant of the car. I'm planning on using a 440 block, likely stroking to around 500 cubes, possibly EFI... Likely a modified 727 (need to handle 550+HP) and I believe I will look to the Hotchkis TVS components for suspension/handling upgrades. Brakes will be large disc at all 4's. Interior will be stock, besides maybe an updated gauge cluster package.

I want to follow a rule of utilizing improved versions of the original components. We do not intend to change it into a modern hell cat or something such.

The car will be, simply fantastic. We will leave no stone unturned. It will be powerful, beautiful and we hope to not offend the muscle car purists with the finished product.

It will not be cheap to build, and it won't be cheap to buy.

grin
Please tell me this one will get headers so it can exhale.
1969 Charger with 440+6, a dream car.

Plum Crazy, please.
Posted By: add Re: time to tease the mopar fans. - 09/11/15
1980 licensing.

What is the story/history on this one, a project someone never got around to?
I can hardly wait to watch this one take shape, YEE HAA!
Originally Posted by add
1980 licensing.

What is the story/history on this one, a project someone never got around to?

It's a local car. Run hard and put away broken.

It obviously needs nearly every external body panel. But the structure and belly skin is pretty amazing. She's got good bones.

It will be a while before we can start. Possibly next summer. I need to clear out the customer cars first.

Dave, nice project. Boy, looks like you've got some magic to work on the left rear quarter. smile

I like the merging of old school with some new technology. Best of both worlds, but still true to its roots.
"true to it's roots" is the key to our plan.

The car will likely get full OEM style (best quality possible) quarter panels as well as a full roof skin.

Piece of cake.

I hope you will revive the six pack. It's just something about a tri power pulling that orchestra of horse power.

W. Bill
Posted By: djs Re: time to tease the mopar fans. - 09/11/15
From the pictures, I'd say "Lot's a work ahead!"
Awesome.

Travis
i have a 67/68 hp 440 block/crank/rods and a 727.
for sales??

like button....
Is that an original 440 6-pack car? (E86 Fender tag code, "M" 5th digit Vin)?
When are going to put in the bare foot gas pedal?
Originally Posted by tzone
That IS the real Hot-Rodder test...
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

no frown

no! smile
Originally Posted by northern_dave

It will not be cheap to build, and it won't be cheap to buy.

grin

Let's hope it isn't going to be cheap to buy. I hope you blow the doors off Barret-Jackson with that sucker.

I cannot wait to see this build.

I have fender tag, even found the build sheet in the back seat springs. Sadly, she was a single 2 barrel 383 car.

Original engine is long gone.

In my mind, this sort of sets me free.
Dave,

while I'm no Mopar guy (fan yes, very little knowledge), the restoration juices always get me going. It will be interesting to see the sale value of other than stock since Mopars are so serially matched.

I know there are a lot of EFI mods happening on the lesser valued Dusters, Darts, etc, but that is much higher on the classic value ladder.....oh well....just thinking out loud as you're the pro. Good luck with the resto when you get to it!

Ah....you posted while I was writing.....seems the build sheet has set you free!!

no frown

Well, I guess that frees you up to do anything you'ld like without screwing up a very valuable car. laugh
Posted By: jpb Re: time to tease the mopar fans. - 09/11/15
HOT DAMN! grin grin grin

<Wipes anticipatory drool from keyboard>

The start of another great Northern_Dave megathread!

I would have said that restoration of that one wasn't possible -- but I have seen Northern_Dave's magic on other threads!

Your number one fan in Sweden,

John

Good on you for bringing these back from the dead, the right way. It's not easy.
You must have one heck of a pharmacist.
Thanks John!

Here's a real time shop tour.

Ford

[Linked Image]

chevy

[Linked Image]

BIG chevy.

[Linked Image]

I have to get the chevies rolled out, more fords and mopars are waiting to come in!
Bought a 69 R/T S/E (Black leather interior, 440 Magnum, auto in 1972 from a coworker. Plum Crazy with white vinyl top.

One of very few ordered from the factory with both the S/E and R/T options.

Posi rear, and aftermarket Holley 780cfm carb (List 3310). I chickened out at 140MPH.

Drove it two years and had an electrical fire. Gave it to my Brother-in-Law.

Gas crunch ate me alive. The trunk lid interior was plastered with first place stickers from Englishtown, NJ.

Greg
nice!
Posted By: Teal Re: time to tease the mopar fans. - 09/11/15
First thing I thought of....

[video:youtube]it8W7SkJAOY[/video]

Don't know if you watch this at all - free on youtube but I dig what they do.

[video:youtube]0JXDcJQqZrA[/video]
As the 2nd video shows - old Class A Mopar based RV's are cheap, a lot around and come with a 440 and 727 - might be good donor material...
Dave, ballpark what do you figure something like that will run your eventual buyer?

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Dave, ballpark what do you figure something like that will run your eventual buyer?

I'm not Dave...but my guess would be a kidney, a lung, and a left nut on the Chinese black market...
A bit early to say, but it may take better than a hundred thou.

Wow

I guess I'm sitting on a plum crazy retirement nest egg that I didn't realize. All this time I was sweating not having my e body no.s match.

well I had no idee you were working so cheap! shocked

in that case put two of em together and bill to issac/bob

I'm pretty sure he'll want me to have one just like his minus the fuzzy dice of course on mine.

can't wait to see it, never owned a 68 or 69 (my faves of the mopar offerings)

my first car was a '71 Charger, oh lord did I think I was BA blush
Was going to post a comment, but realized it would range uncomfortably close to the "hijacking a thread" area, so will just start a new thread.
Pollock Dave,

I have a soft spot for all things Mopar so I must share this drunken evening.

I was blessed with having a neighbor that did this type of schit growing up. His name was Ken Evans. He and his shop made a bunch of restoration parts for Indians and Harleys, but holy fugk did he know his way around anything cool.

You and your son remind me of him and yes that's a compliment.

GFY.

Dave
Why would you efi that car when you have a tri-power setup? I know efi is a lot "better", but this is an enthusiasts car. Of course my Dad had a 389 tri-power Pontiac and it was cool. Will an efi setup sell higher?

Now we're getting into custom ceramic coated stainless headers. grin
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Why would you efi that car when you have a tri-power setup? I know efi is a lot "better", but this is an enthusiasts car. Of course my Dad had a 389 tri-power Pontiac and it was cool. Will an efi setup sell higher?

Why not?

Nothing on it matches, make it UBER.

Travis
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Someone dropping 100-120k on a car of Dave's quality will be one of 2 people.

1. Older established people who may know how to tune a carb but after dropping 6 figures, they want to drive, not work on it. This isn't the 4k car you wrenched on in high school. It's a serious play toy/status symbol.

2. Younger guy with huge disposable money that has no clue how to tune a carb but can work a laptop easy. No vehicle they've ever owned has had one. EFI allows that person to tune this car.

IME - those that can afford buy, but have no interest in building a huge dollar car want to DRIVE not wrench. EFI allows that.

Friend's Camaro - better believe he has north of 100k into it easily. Note - not a carb to be found.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Two wind pushers???? SWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!
Hey ND.

If you see greasy, oily, dirty smudges on any one of those cars you build, it wasn't me dry-humping them. It was one of the other members here. Just sayin.

Make that old Charger awesome and bring that business to an entire new level. I personally know you can.

BTW. Do you need anyone to do any test driving or anything? I'd be willing to donate my time to help out a friend.
I'm not totally committed to the efi Idea, I just know it's going to be easier to make the power I want with efi. We can throw the 6 pack on there, multi carb sets are way cool, but IMO they are more novelty than performance, Someone will take offense to that statement, and guys like me would probably take that statement as some sort of a challenge. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not going to be cost effective. lol!

As far as the idea that this car as it sits is worth a bunch of money, or similar project mopars? No.

It's the stuff that we are going to do to the car, the parts and labor going into it, all of these new components with warranties. The build recipe and quality of work, coupled with the fact that it's a 69 dodge charger, that's what cooks up the value.

When we are done, this will be a brand new 69 charger..... on steroids.
Everything about it will be better than the original, power, handling, braking, chassis rigidity, panel straightness, paint quality...

A lot of people will understand that when they see it. A few of those people will be able to buy it, one of them will.

grin
fun project - always did think the Chargers were good looking cars. Handled funny, but good looking smile

I know John Hotchkis. If he designs a suspension, it will work well. smile
Carb vs. EFI. It really depends on the "feel" you're going for with this build. EFI gonna be easier but 3-dueces is cool as hell. Gonna need lots of bling to make the carbs fit the build I'm thinking that you're thinking of doing.

My $0.02 (since we've shared an easy million over the years) is to do the EFI & save the 3 2's for a ratrodish build down the road. Much more fitting.
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Carb vs. EFI. It really depends on the "feel" you're going for with this build. EFI gonna be easier but 3-dueces is cool as hell. Gonna need lots of bling to make the carbs fit the build I'm thinking that you're thinking of doing.

My $0.02 (since we've shared an easy million over the years) is to do the EFI & save the 3 2's for a ratrodish build down the road. Much more fitting.

This is also my feeling (not that I get a vote).

I'm not really a Mopar fan but it's better than the bowtie.
Still waiting for an EPIC Torino build.....
the 6 pack will likely be shop office art until the right project comes along.

It can keep my dual quad SBC set company.

That will be for ME. lol!

One of fords ugly ducklings, I will build one hell of a machine out of one, some day.
Unless I bring you one first...... smile
EFI that summbitch. Sell them duces to one of the guys from Craigslist that beats off to the 1973 Mooar calendar in the back of his 1977 short wheel base brown Dodge van with the tinted port-hole back window. Use that money for suspension and go fast parts.
How about an Uber Ford Maverick?
no
Old Merc Cougar with a modern supercharged Ford Coyote 5.0

You'd have 2015 reliability and over 500 hp.
I guess... if you like mercury's mustang.

grin
I guess... if you like mercury's mustang.

grin

Mustang's abound - seriously doubt I go more than 36 hours in the summer without seeing at least 1 pre 1970 Mustang on the road. Really is almost daily.

Haven't seen a Cougar in over a year.

That will be for ME. lol!

One of fords ugly ducklings, I will build one hell of a machine out of one, some day.

No no! Not ugly!
This was my HS ride:

[Linked Image]
mine was a 70 GT

grin

mine was a 70 GT

grin

You haven't built my first Torino yet.....

Oh wait.... Mopar thread....

Go Chargers!!!! smile
mine was a 70 GT

grin

Love that body style also. Back in HS we went to the local drags for shop class. Some guy showed up with a mint dark green '68 fairlane coupe with the cobra package. I'm talking factory 428CJ and 4-speed. He launched it by tickling the rev limiter and side-stepping the clutch on the light. It would carry one front wheel about 10 feet and haul ass down the track. The input shaft on the top loader called it quits later that day and it ended up on the trailer. I lusted after that car.

As far as the Charger, let me recommend this. Start on page 22. laugh
http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/catalog/mopar_performance_parts_catalog.pdf
Some day I will have a 66 or 67 Fairlane, big block FE tri-power. Don't care if it's factory. Well....it won't be factory because I don't have the spare $150k it would take to get one.

But this a Mopar thread so, build this and a bad ass cuda.
How about an Uber Ford Maverick?

oh ya. my first car was a 71. 4 door, 250 auto, pale yellow where it wasn't rotted, which was almost all of it. audiovox 8 track screwed to the hump. fuggen thing was sweet. 0-60 in about 40s. chicks dug it.
71 maverick grabber next to the 70 1/2 RS i had in high school

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by kecatt

As far as the Charger, let me recommend this. Start on page 22. laugh
http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/catalog/mopar_performance_parts_catalog.pdf

I like it.

a lot
i had a 71 camaro when i was stationed in La. it didn't last long once i got back to the rust belt. the 70-73 are my favorite camaro.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
What motor will the Camaro get?
350, its a customer's car, I'm just doing the metal work, body, paint, glass, weatherstripping and some molding/emblem stuff. Also adding a factory 3 piece style rear spoiler.
One of the best cars ever!
Can't wait to see this unfold!
those camaros with a nicely built 350, 4 speed and 3.73 rear are quick as hell. they will switch directions in a heart beat too. lot of rear quarter panels have been destroyed by nailing it pulling out on a corner.
Subscribed. This is going to be fun!
Dave, we need some updates!
Originally Posted by grouseman
Dave, we need some updates!

It's cold and rainy.

grin
Dave i might let the short block go, not sure about the 727, big block 727s are getting pretty rare.
cool, the build is probably a year out. i'll keep it in mind.
10-4
I'd like to put a Passon trans behind what ever engine we use. but I think they have a waiting list....
if there is anything else you're looking for let me know, we have a storage room full of old mopar stuff.
have 3 complete 340s
I'll take it! laugh
© 24hourcampfire