Home
Posted By: viking Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Gotta love em.
Posted By: Teal Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Doing ok but stupid penalties are killing them. Directly took 4 points off. Sputtering now.
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Lets go Pack! Lets get back on track!
I think that GB is definitely the better team - they just need to show it on the scoreboard.

I'd expect KC to come out after the half and rack up 10 points quick as opposing teams tend to do.
THAT was damned nice.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Randall Cobb is a Kentucky boy!

Did you guys catch Jamaal Charles say he was in the special olympics? Did I hear that right?
Posted By: viking Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Yeah, you heard right.
That's 4 passing TD's tonight for 12 - after the Shields' INT of Smith - who managed to under throw a 12 yard pass.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Solid, solid performance by both the Pack offense and defense so far. Not flawless, but definitely dominating.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Kinda think John Gruden has a man crush on Aaron Rogers...but really like listening to these announcers.
KC getting some garbage/prevent yards here.
Originally Posted by cv540
Kinda think John Gruden has a man crush on Aaron Rogers...

He has a man crush on whomever the best player is or isn't on whatever team he's calling that night.
Aaron's putting on a clinic.

3 offsides last week on hard count.

2 more tonight.
5 passing TD's tonight
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Can't give up long passes like that! Or penalties like that
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/28/15
Packers played a great game.
Posted By: viking Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
When the score was 31-7, I went bed. Got up this morning at 0430 and my cbs app showed 38-28. What happened, that's a lot of unanswered points.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Kinda think John Gruden has a man crush on Aaron Rogers...but really like listening to these announcers.

Rodgers

In all fairness, Rodgers is truly an impressive quaterback.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by viking
When the score was 31-7, I went bed. Got up this morning at 0430 and my cbs app showed 38-28. What happened, that's a lot of unanswered points.
I hear ya.. Couldn't stay awake past 2 mns into the 3rd..

But it figures. As I've said mucho times before, GB needs to put up about 35 pts/game to get a victory..

At 31-7, I wonder if the word came down from McStupid - "hey, let's now try not to lose the game so just play to run out the clock"...
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Whether it was 38-14 or 38-28, a win is a win. The Pack could have scored more points. Defense is better this year, teams play at the level they need to at the time. Should the Pack have scored more, sure. It was the 3rd game of the season, they will only get better. Mr. Rodgers is driving the bus well, and they learn from their mistakes.

R E L A X
Posted By: tzone Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
There was no way they were going to lose that game. They were toying with KC. They completely carved the Cheifs up. The D had nothing for Rogers. Not a damn thing. Total ass whoopin.
Originally Posted by tzone
There was no way they were going to lose that game. They were toying with KC. They completely carved the Cheifs up. The D had nothing for Rogers. Not a damn thing. Total ass whoopin.

Totally grin
Posted By: deflave Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15

Dude, I'm a Bears fan and even I was suckin' Rodgers dick last night. grin

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

You keep talking like that and we will have to hold the "Deflavathon" in Green Bay when you come back in December.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Shouldn't you be a Vikings fan?

Dave
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
The only aspect of the game that annoyed me was that Dom Capers once again went into caution mode in the fourth quarter. For 75% of the game, KC could hardly get a first down unless given one by a penalty. Then Capers changes his aggressive attack defense into his usual holdback mode and allows KC to score almost at will. Two more minutes on the clock and they could've lost that game. When will Capers EVER learn?

Gruden had almost as much praise for Capers as he had for Rodgers last night - which shows you what a doofus Gruden is.
Originally Posted by deflave
Shouldn't you be a Vikings fan?

Dave

Bite your tongue, knave!! I am from Wisconsin and will always be a Packer fan. Once a Packer fan, always a Packer fan.
Oh, and one more thing...

GFY smirk
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Saints need to take lessons from the Pack! Pack defense gets to the opposing QB!!
Posted By: ribka Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
I remember going to lambeau field in the 70's and 80's watching the Packers lose. There was a lonnng drought

Good to finally have a team to brag about
Posted By: SKane Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Pack defense gets to the opposing QB!!

It's nice to see some nastiness from the defense this year.
And they're certainly faster than they've been in eons.

Mike Daniels is going to get a huge payday in the off-season and I worry the Packers won't be able to afford him.
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Pack defense gets to the opposing QB!!

It's nice to see some nastiness from the defense this year.
And they're certainly faster than they've been in eons.

Mike Daniels is going to get a huge payday in the off-season and I worry the Packers won't be able to afford him.

With the cap space increases next year, one of the dregs of the league could offer him literally a truck load of money. Packers will offer him a solid contract, and he might do a cobb and take the less money to be on a contender
Posted By: Huntz Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15

Travis [/quote]

My new signature line.
Posted By: Teal Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The only aspect of the game that annoyed me was that Dom Capers once again went into caution mode in the fourth quarter. For 75% of the game, KC could hardly get a first down unless given one by a penalty. Then Capers changes his aggressive attack defense into his usual holdback mode and allows KC to score almost at will. Two more minutes on the clock and they could've lost that game. When will Capers EVER learn?

Gruden had almost as much praise for Capers as he had for Rodgers last night - which shows you what a doofus Gruden is.

All one has to do is ask and I'll tell you Capers sucks Cutler dong BUT I will say this - the end of the game, the defense was basically in a prevent type of deal and let the Chiefs burn clock.

What's the saying - when your enemy is making a mistake - let them?

For pete's sake the Chief's "2 minute drill" took 17 plays and 5 minutes to execute.

Pack was willing to let them chew clock and field because they were on pace to run out of time....
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
The Pack looks tough.

I still think the loss of Jordy looms big. They need that 80 yard take it to the house type threat.

They do look good though. D looks much better.
Posted By: Idared Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by 338Rem

I am from Wisconsin and will always be a Packer fan. Once a Packer fan, always a Packer fan.

Been a Packer fan for 65 years even though I left Wisconsin in 1975 and have lived in three different states since then. As said, "Once a Packer fan, always a Packer fan." wink smile laugh
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
NOT ever, IMHO..

Your frustration echos my own.. Lombardy tried that ONCE, back in the day, and lost the game.. He vowed to NEVER, EVER do that again - and he didn't... Too bad Clemments didn't tell him to GFY and we're goin' for the throat anyway..

Doofus - definitely the description for "Chuckie"..
Posted By: shaman Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
It was awful nice of your guys up there in Green Bay to soften up that KC meat before it gets sent to Cincinnati for Sunday's game. Thanks ever so much.

Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Delighted, good sir, delighted. May it benefit you.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
The Packers defense is atrocious.

They have a QB who might be the best to have ever played the game; doesn't turn the ball over, can make every throw, mobile, smart, reads defenses perfectly, etc., and an offense that has enough weapons to score 35+ in just about any and every game they choose to do so.

Yet, that QB and that team with him has only one SuperBowl ring?

Prima facie evidence to fire the entire defensive coaching staff.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
I don't know if atrocious is totally accurate for the defense. You can't have an all star offense and an all star defense. Due to the salary cap, you won't have both.

At the moment the Packers defense is ranked 16th
Last year (2014) regular season they ranked 15th

At the moment the Packers offense is ranked 9th.
Last year (2014) regular season they ranked 6th.

In 2013 Green Bays defense ended up being ranked 25th.

Fire the whole defensive staff and start over, when the window of opportunity is always a narrow one to get to the Super bowl?

As they say, any given Sunday.

Did they screw the pooch last year and lose? Sure, no question. This year they will try to remedy that.

Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Their defensive players are just fine. Lots of talent there - although it is sad that they lost AJ Hawk. What they need is a new Defensive Coordinator. How many games have the Packers lost because they allowed the other team to score at will in the fourth quarter? Way too damn many. And that shortcoming is completely in Dom Capers lap.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Who should they hire? Only star really is Clay; and as Andrew (Teal) said, Daniels is probably gone next year.

One more thing, Hawk was slow and was beaten in coverage a lot.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Atrocious D my ass.

They gave up a couple of garbage time TD's...BFD. They're pretty good.

I'd wager it'll be a Pack-Pats Superbowl this year. I'd like to see Rodgers vs Brady in the big one.

Posted By: SKane Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Ahhh, jeez, not the Capers things again. sleep

AJ Hawk was a liability for the Packers - that's why he's gone. The Packers desperately needed a MLB that could run. With all the "talent" on this defense - and without googling, I'll challenge any one of you guys (except teal..:)) to name a Packers linebacker that isn't named Matthews.

It's the tools Capers is given to work with - it's that simple.
For a draft-and-develop team, when you miss on high picks on defense - it kills.

Justin Harrell. 1st round draft choice. Bust.
Jerel Worthy. Second round choice. Bust.
Nick Perry. 1st round draft choice. Mediocre.
Datone Jones. 1st round draft choice. Mediocre.

The Packers are in the business of football - and they're pretty freaking good at it. If these same people thought they could get a better defensive coordinator, they'd do it in a heartbeat. They like Dom because he's pretty good at using the tools he's given. wink

On the"Rodgers should have more rings to show" comment:
Quick trivia; how many SB's did HOF-QB Dan Marino win? Orrrr, how many years did it take Elway to finally get one? How many did Favre win? Point is, winning a SB is really freaking hard even if you have the most talented team.

Posted By: Teal Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Scott -

My problem is while you've listed 2 first rounders currently on the team that are mediocre - that's 2 out of 7 first round players on this defense. They should be producing better than what they have. I will say - Raji has impressed this year and Daniels wants 10 million a year but it took till game 3 for his production to match his mouth. We'll see if it continues.

I'm not a Capers fan but I understand what happened in KC on Monday. That don't tick me off tho I think Elliot should be getting more than 8 snaps a game - dude flat out produces when he's in. Until Monday - Shields was a hot mess, Heyward wasn't far behind either.

I really liked Hawk as a person, 1/2 the hate has to do with him being a #5 pick and not his performance. He had to go tho.

Some may remember - last year I was begging all who would listen that we bring in Wade Phillips as the DC. Completely understand he's a crap HC but DC - yeah. Does a 3-4 but different gap system. Look what he's done in Denver - I think he'd be lights out here.

Posted By: SKane Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
AJ Hawk is indeed a great guy. And, I agree on the ill-will in where he was taken in the draft. To the Packers (and AJ's) defense, 2006 was quite a stinker for 1st round choices.

Raji is back inside where he belongs. Dix has been pretty solid but he's still finding his way. Randall is still wet behind the ears. And while Peppers is still performing, at 35, we can't expect the Peppers that played in Carolina (or early on in Chicago).
Posted By: Teal Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
I'll be keeping my eye on Joe Thomas - he seemed to do pretty decent for a guy in his position.

Raji is where he belongs but he's also lighter and faster.

Packers have used A LOT of early picks on defense since 2011 and sooner or later, they need to swing the other way.

Linemen would be a great place to start as the Persian prince seems to have regressed. Sitton/Lang aren't getting younger either.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Ah, da Packers - 09/30/15
Viking: I am no expert and no fan of the Green Bay Packers but they do certainly seem to be "dialed in"!
And I do NOT care much for the Green Bay quarterback personally, but as an athlete he is either THE best quarterback in the N.F.L. today or tied for THE best!
I love to watch football!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire