Home
Why cant I send pictures from my Iphone 5 to other Samsung's?

Iphone to Iphone seems to work everytime,

What am I missing?
Send them as attachments to email, then open them in your Samsung.
Email or text.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Send them as attachments to email, then open them in your Samsung.

Lets just say I don't have the e-mail addy, only phone number, now what?
is your iPhone set to iMessage only? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201287

Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
Email or text.

No email, but text is where my issue is,

If I send a pic from my Iphone to anyone else's Iphone, just hit "send meassage", add the pic and let her fly.

But if I follow the same sequence from Iphone to Galaxy, it immediately comes back as "not delivered".

I can text from Iphone to Samsung no problem, but add a pic and the whole deal falls apart.
I turned imessage off, and pics still won't go through.

Thanks for the link though.
Maybe this,

Iphone mms
Maybe second time's the charm... not really reading through these links (apologies in advance since this is a part of my day job) but this one should do it: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6301125?tstart=0
And the rest of everything Google has on the queried subject: Google Search

(The second link I gave was the first result in the above search)
PM me if you can't get it figured out. I'll ask one of our engineers on Monday at work and they'll know. We develop apps for iOS and Android. Someone on the iOS or Android team will know what's up so don't rule out that it could be something from the Android end and not your client.
Need more than one Android device to figure out if it is one specific Android device or all Android devices but this one might be of help also: Android can't receive texted pics from iOS device
I'm not an engineer, but I am Google Fu'd out for today and need a drink. This Google result page is specific to Samsung devices: One last try

So good to know for sure if it is only Samsung Androids, or all Androids. I know you said specifically Samsung in the OP but need to know to diagnose. Good luck! laugh
I'll check out those links, thanks.

Regarding Samsung and other Androids, all I know for sure right know is I can't send pics to at least two different Samsung phones.
Maybe I should mention this, I only have wifi access, I don't have data on my cell plan,

That shouldn't matter, as pics go through to other Iphones on wifi.

Correct?

It's a pain. I have a few employees that insist on Iphones.

Exchanging data directly can be a pain. Let me correct that, data exchange via Bluetooth or wifi is no biggie.

It could be the receiving phone's pic size limit thru text.
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Maybe I should mention this, I only have wifi access, I don't have data on my cell plan,

That shouldn't matter, as pics go through to other Iphones on wifi.

Correct?

Not 100%, but pretty sure it dont work like that..IMessaging uses wifi, android uses data..hence the blue/green..
I know if i have poor service I cannot send pics to an android even with wifi on..thats because it doesnt use wifi to forward to android
My son has a iphone5s,and I have a samsung android,we exchange pic and video all the time.
If your on wifi only you can only send messages to other apple products. Phone to iPad or Apple computers. You can't send any text via iMessage to androids system. If you download a texting app and your recipient has the same app you could.
© 24hourcampfire