Home
Just when it all can't be full of enough political BS,
evidently Westboro Baptist Church is coming to Roseburg OR to demonstrate and claim the killings earlier this week was God's Revenge for acceptance of Gay Pride by the public...

Evidently there is another group, that is planning to attack the Baptists, and "beat the schitt out of them".....

The source of the info, was from my son, who is assigned to Douglas County District 2 Fire and Rescue....( those are the folks you saw as paramedics, carrying the wounded from Umpqua Community College ).....he usually does a 24 hour shift.... he just called home 5 minutes ago ( 11:45 PM) to tell us he has no idea when he will be home... he is suppose to be off between 8 and 9 AM....but the entire agency has been put on High Alert and StandBy....no one is on call... they have called ALL of their Emergency Personnel in to the station...

Douglas County Sheriff's Dept is also on high alert, and the local Guard Unit is being Mobilized to StandBy Status...

I'm sure this is all to be highly precautionary, with the Guard being on Standby.... but evidently Westboro Baptist Church is picking this tragedy to get their faces back in the Headlines...

and they are expecting out of town ( from Portland, Seattle and the Bay Area/SF) to be coming into town, if they have not already started arriving...both them and Westboro..

Nearby Emergency Agencies are also being called and will also be on standby...

They are expecting some serious stuff to potentially go down..

Lets hope this is all a bunch of hot air, by both sides...

and if you aren't doing nothing, how about giving the Good Lord a prayer to watch over the Paramedics and EMTs over the next 48 hours in Roseburg...and mention Seafire Jr. if you don't mind...his name is Jonathan...
off the net:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/umpqu...victims-funeral-westboro-baptist-church/

local Medford TV Station...

https://kobi5.com/news/church-group-says-its-going-to-picket-at-ucc-victims-funerals-2227/
Prayers on the way.

That Westboro Bunch is gonna keep on until they incite a major blood letting. mad
They are the real-time equivalent of trolls. The only reason they do this stuff is they get a response. National Guard? Wtf? Pay them no attention and they'll go away.
I can hear the thunder from here.
I can see the black leather and polished chrome from here.
I can see the level gaze and stars and stripes flapping in the breeze.

Gloved hands cranking throttles.

A "national guard" like nothing the government could ever assemble.

Don't worry.
They'll be there.

I think they should protest Muslims. How come they do not do that? I mean the whole Cain and Abel thing and all...Might be because Muslims will kill them, I dunno...
Very interesting, Bench.

Who would ever have thought that I, I of all people, would think inviting the idea of a moment's worth of carrying out of sharia law.

Don't say anything.
Let me savor this...

Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Prayers on the way.

That Westboro Bunch is gonna keep on until they incite a major blood letting. mad

I am always surprised when Westboro shows up, and there is NOT a massacre.
Roseburg is a small town ( 21,000 Population...) they don't have the resources to prevent a major confrontation of these Westboro people....

Major threats are on the way, against the Baptists and their anti gay crusade, from many different sources....from gay pride supporters, to plain old conservatives...

to people who are pissed stating that God sent this guy to kill these people...for revenge of the sins of man allowing gay marriages etc to go on... Oregon has passed gay marriage ( thank you Portland)....

While I went up to Roseburg and the college the other day, early in the morning.... News Outlets were reporting the locals as solemn and mourning, while just devastated and shocked over the massacre of the previous day.... I didn't see much of that.... what I saw was people were pissed... real pissed....

sure Roseburg has small town problems still... drug use, welfare abuse and all that goes with that...but not problems of this magnitude...First the Killings and then Westboro using it as a stage, planning to do protest ralleys at the funerals of those killed....

and especially not a place to be a battle ground for those opposed to Westboro's Shenanigans...

yeah Westboro's Shenanigans piss me off severely as well.. protesting the killings by blaming the victims as penance ordained by God...for this community...makes me want to get a baseball bat or golf club and go bash some heads myself...I won't of course, but those people certainly give you the motivation...

on the other end, I have a son, working up there on standby to take care of injuries ( regardless of who they might be and the reasons why they might be injured).....while on student status wrapping up his paramedic training...

the incidents are a good training situation for sure... but as a parent, I certainly worry about him being in harms way trying to help those in need...
The guy was singling out Christians to kill. Why would God kill his own people rather than the queers? WBC is totally screwed up.
Evidently there is another group, that is planning to attack the Baptists, and "beat the schitt out of them".....

They need the schitt beat out of them.
Mostly old smelly people with a mix of younger hippy types. Got to see them in the NCR Northern Capital Region. They did their "death walk" while beating a drum then attempted to block some entrances where the ones they selected were arrested. The judges usually let them off "light" so they continue doing what they do.
Douglas County Sheriff's Dept is also on high alert, and the local Guard Unit is being Mobilized to StandBy Status
-----------

Treat them all to lunch and let the "another group" take care of things.
You folks should INSIST that any and all Westboro Church "members" be turned back at the State line, by Your DPS / Hwy patrol,....if your Governor doesn't have the cojones for that Your SHERIFF should hold his County line inviolate. Turn them around, or arrest them.

That's been the game plan with those a-holes here in Az.
....it WORKS

GTC
What is their angle on this?
A loss of respect for life due to the culture of death? I don't get it, abortion would seem to be a lot closer.

I've got no problem with protesting against sodomy, but I'm just not seeing the connection here or at soldier's funerals. They need to protest those responsible, not at victims.
Originally Posted by BarryC
A loss of respect for life due to the culture of death? I don't get it, abortion would seem to be a lot closer.

I've got no problem with protesting against sodomy, but I'm just not seeing the connection here or at soldier's funerals. They need to protest those responsible, not at victims.
They are extremely anti-homosexual. Fred Phelps was a crazed lawyer here in Kansas and ran for Governor a couple of times. He founded his own Church having really nothing to do with mainline Baptist denominations. When he was "just" anti-gay, he had a lot of support. I remember people saying they thought old Fred had it right. Then at some point they decided that the whole USA was gay and specifically the military was promoting gaiety. So this somehow translates into protesting at dead military personnels' funerals.

The Church is mainly offspring of Fred Phelps and their families and friends. Several are lawyers and will not hesitate to sue. I think Fred was disbarred at some point. He's dead now and so no longer an issue.

They obviously get off on publicity and people saying they need beaten just feeds on their martyr complex. I'm no legal expert but I cannot understand with all the smartassed lawyers around, how somebody hasn't figured out a way to legally keep them away from these funerals. IMO the whole "getting out the National Guard" and stuff is drama. They are kooks but not what I'd consider dangerous. They are totally whacked and disrespectful and I don't blame people for getting extremely angry about their friends and relatives' funerals being disrupted but the attention just feeds the Phelps clan.

[Linked Image]
If God was into revenge everyone of those Westboros would be burning right now.
Anti gay is one thing but that westboro crowd carries it to an extreme , a "church" apparently based on nothing BUT gay hating.

I gotta wonder if maybe old Fred got abused by some pedophile when he was a kid.

Mike
I don't think the folks in that part of Oregon will take too kindly to that nonsense, likely to be some confrontation .
WBC came to Savannah about 2 years ago to protest a fairly high profile military funeral but before they arrived, city leaders and LEO sat down with all the TV and other news outlets and had them promise not to cover them. The Sherrif's office and Ga. State Patrol corraled them in a "protest zone" about 2 miles from the church. After about 2 hours and realizing no media was coming, WBC got mad and left. They even tried going to a couple of the TV station's parking lots and STILL couldn't get any attention. After that they simply slinked out of town.
This is how to handle these [bleep].

John
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Anti gay is one thing but that westboro crowd carries it to an extreme , a "church" apparently based on nothing BUT gay hating.

I gotta wonder if maybe old Fred got abused by some pedophile when he was a kid.

Mike

More likely that Fred was a self-loathing old polesmoker himself.

John
Originally Posted by john843
WBC came to Savannah about 2 years ago to protest a fairly high profile military funeral but before they arrived, city leaders and LEO sat down with all the TV and other news outlets and had them promise not to cover them. The Sherrif's office and Ga. State Patrol corraled them in a "protest zone" about 2 miles from the church. After about 2 hours and realizing no media was coming, WBC got mad and left. They even tried going to a couple of the TV station's parking lots and STILL couldn't get any attention. After that they simply slinked out of town.

John

This.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

John

This.

Everything but the "protest zone".

Freedom of speech is a constitutional right that has no "zones".

You may not like what they say, but they have a right to say it like anybody else.

Be careful of what rights are stepped on and applauded. They may be stepping on ours next.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The guy was singling out Christians to kill. Why would God kill his own people rather than the queers? WBC is totally screwed up.

There are some eye witness reports that say he didn't really single out Christians. He shot them regardless of how they answered, and he just told the Christians they were about to meet God

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-gunman-army-dropout-studied-mass-shooters-041933070.html#
Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Her son said the shooter had people stand up before asking, "'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."
Few years ago, when then congresswomen Giffords was shot in tucson a little girl was killed. They arrived in area to protest timed with her funeral. Bikers of all types, from harley's to me, gold wings, showed up, and lined the route to and from the church. this made it rather difficult for them to show up. A local station gave them about 30minutes to blow off steam and than ended it.
A couple of years ago when we lost 19 local firefighters in a forest fire, there were thoughts of them showing up. And yeah, the patriot guard and other groups lined the route too.
Yeah, roseberg is a small town, and i would imagine just livid. And i couldn't blame any of the local people regardless of the laws if they went beyond the law at these toilet scum.

Bingo... grin

Don't think they get it, big time.

If they are into Scripture (wondering about that), they should spend time in Genesis., studying "Two trees in the Garden", the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life. One is rooted in death, the other in Life.

WBC may be a church/denomination; they're just operating out of the wrong tree... shocked

And, one is deceived if one doesn't know that he/she doesn't know... blush

DF
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

There are some eye witness reports that say he didn't really single out Christians. He shot them regardless of how they answered, and he just told the Christians they were about to meet God

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-gunman-army-dropout-studied-mass-shooters-041933070.html#
Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Her son said the shooter had people stand up before asking, "'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."
Horse [bleep]. The stuff I've read said that he asked them and then shot the Christians fatally. If they answered negatively then he shot them in the leg.
=============

Sure it does.
Originally Posted by isaac
=============

Sure it does.

When George Bush came to Savannah for an appearance on River Street all the people protesting the Iraq war or anything else were herded into a "free speech zone" about 2.5 blocks away.

John
Is something unclear about this?

[Linked Image]

How can one claim to cling to one amendment that guarantees our freedom while flushing another?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Is something unclear about this?

[Linked Image]

How can one claim to cling to one amendment that guarantees our freedom while flushing another?

Absolutely clear. However the rantings of the WBC is more akin to screaming, FIRE" in a crowded theater and that crap ain't allowed.
Paul B.
There can only be "free speech zones" until enough people agree on the subject at hand to exceed the boundaries of the zone. If there are enough citizens protesting, all the traffic cones, plastic tape and cops in the country could not stop the exercise of that constitutionally protected right. WBC is a minority opinion of a few kooks that are better served (for their safety) in a "zone"
They have all the rights in the world to their first amendment rights....and if they chose to voice them in the same way they have been doing..... then anyone present has the right to respond to them in accordance with their personal beliefs....

I like what the bikers up there in Roseburg have to say in response to them, than I like what the Westboro Baptist Church has to say...

and then everyone has their first amendment rights guarded and shared with each other...

John

That seems to be the best approach.
While we're shredding our Constitution, I think we should load them on cattle cars and ship them to the nearest FEMA camp, where they are free to protest indefinitely.

Constitution, we don't need no stinking Constitution.

WTH is wrong with you people?
I, for one am not advocating the use of these "zones". But it is a fact that they are established from time to time and since the W administration at least, have passed constitutional muster. They have been contested in court and for the most part have been upheld. I think you would have to agree that you can't protest something ANYWHERE you may want to. I sincerely doubt that one could protest the gay marriage ruling in the SCOTUS' chambers. A LOT of other examples come to mind.
Also, when I stated in my first post on this that the city and LEO had the news media promise not to cover WBC, they ASKED them not to and all the media outlets thought it was a good idea, and agreed not to.

John
I've read that several of the WBC family are lawyers and they specialize in this. They handle their defense in house and they're good at it.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
While we're shredding our Constitution, I think we should load them on cattle cars and ship them to the nearest FEMA camp, where they are free to protest indefinitely.

That sorta reminds me of the talk about mentally unfit not having guns.

Remember, the Soviets rounded up hoards of "mentally unfit" and sent them to Gulags for "re-education".

Maybe Jade Helm has the old Soviet playbook and guess who will be declared "mentally unfit"... shocked

Yep, and guess who decides all that... blush

Yeah... cry

DF
Westboro has threatened to show up a LOT of places over the last few years, but often they are no shows.

Betting this will be one of them.
Their MO is to insight someone ,hopefully LEO, or city , sue in court for damages. How they fund themselves. If they can't get a big response and possibility of a suit, they stay away. Just their saying they are coming gets them lots of free press.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I do not think for one second that the framers ever intend to protect the rights of portesters over the rights of an individual to BURY THEIR DEAD IN PEACE.

At other events, I have no problem in letting them protest. But at a funeral service...back them up!! All the way to the middle of the interstate if necessary.

If others have a problem with that...so be it.
A few years ago they came to my town to protest a marines funeral. Several marines were there and they were very angry. Our police force was there and they told the marines we are leaving and when we leave you guys can handle this however you see fit. The police then went to the 2 vans and told westboro that they were leaving and the marines are coming to kick your ass. Westboro packed it in and left. That was one time I was proud of our police force.
Westboro threatened to come to my county and protest at the funeral of a local young Marine killed in action in Iraq. Our Sheriff stated publicly that they had better follow the laws to the letter or he would arrest them. Westboro didn't show and later the ACLU sued the county Sheriff personally for failing to provide protection for Westboro. Remember, they didn't even show up. Westboro won the lawsuit in a St. Louis federal court and the federal judge awarded them $10,000 of the Sheriff's personal money. Our Sheriff said that since they didn't come and sully the funeral of a combat Marine it was absolutely the best money he had ever spent. He has my vote every four years.
Originally Posted by MOGC
Westboro threatened to come to my county and protest at the funeral of a local young Marine killed in action in Iraq. Our Sheriff stated publicly that they had better follow the laws to the letter or he would arrest them. Westboro didn't show and later the ACLU sued the county Sheriff personally for failing to provide protection for Westboro. Remember, they didn't even show up. Westboro won the lawsuit in a St. Louis federal court and the federal judge awarded them $10,000 of the Sheriff's personal money. Our Sheriff said that since they didn't come and sully the funeral of a combat Marine it was absolutely the best money he had ever spent. He has my vote every four years.

Amen to that MOGC!

I hope the citizens of the community, passed the hat and made it up for him...

These people have ZERO CLASS...and are a major embarrassment to any decent conservative...I have no patience for all of this Gay Stuff being shoved down society's throat ( no pun intended)...but picketing a funeral? Good Grief...
Those bastards came to protest here in WV about 5 years ago when the Upper Big Branch coal mine blew up and killed 29 men.

The State Police told the miners gathered there that they were all going for a coffee break which would take about a half hour.

The miners beat the hell out of them and they hauled ass. Crazy Bastards who claim to represent Christianity.

Originally Posted by model70man
Those bastards came to protest here in WV about 5 years ago when the Upper Big Branch coal mine blew up and killed 29 men.

The State Police told the miners gathered there that they were all going for a coffee break which would take about a half hour.

The miners beat the hell out of them and they hauled ass. Crazy Bastards who claim to represent Christianity.

yeah, I was going to say....

a West Virginia coal miner has a real easy solution for those types....they're not folks to piss off, especially if they are mourning a loss of a fellow coal miner or family member...
If these misguided cumquats were protesting homos they'd they'd go to phag pride parades.

But they don't.

They "protest" greiving times and burial places of fallen American Patriots.
They drag and stomp flags into the mud and chant anti American slogans.
They twist our bill of rights and use it against us as though a handful of toilet tissue.

Remind you of anyone?

No, what these people protest is this great country of ours and the freedoms she represents.

Their mission, just like the commiefagjunkies, is to destroy liberty by using it against you.
Destroy it one bite at a time.

Remind you of anyone?

Originally Posted by WildWest
Their MO is to insight someone ,hopefully LEO, or city , sue in court for damages. How they fund themselves. If they can't get a big response and possibility of a suit, they stay away. Just their saying they are coming gets them lots of free press.
And I bet, if they come, that the Patriot Guard bikers will be there to greet 'em..

God bless those men...

Yep.
the federal judge awarded them $10,000
When did lynching go out of vogue? I believe we need them back. smirk
Originally Posted by RickyD
the federal judge awarded them $10,000
When did lynching go out of vogue? I believe we need them back. smirk

This is why I so savor the idea Benchman suggests.
A couple minutes of sharia law.
A few necks chopped with dull swords.
And everybody lives happily ever after.
What's not to like?

Go ahead.
Join me in this visualization.
Savor it.

Originally Posted by Redneck
And I bet, if they come, that the Patriot Guard bikers will be there to greet 'em..

God bless those men...

Men AND women.
That's what I was talking about earlier.

Gloved hands cranking throttles.
Black leather and polished chrome all the way up and down the street with old glory flappin the breeze.

Then there's the thunder...
and that level gaze.

It is a sight to behold.
And a memory to be cherished.

But what really haunts my memory is those two little kids.

30 or40 PO's standing guard with this freak show cordoned off over yonder.

A good friend of mine's funeral.

It was the first I learned of the existence of this cult.

The look of that 9 or 10 yo little boy's hatred in his eyes as he dragged that flag with his elders chanting behind him and his frightened little sister being pushed towards the "show" clearly against her will...

Haunting...
Heart breaking...
It still makes me sick to my stomach.

Just give them the same welcome as Obama...
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
But what really haunts my memory is those two little kids.

30 or40 PO's standing guard with this freak show cordoned off over yonder.

A good friend of mine's funeral.

It was the first I learned of the existence of this cult.

The look of that 9 or 10 yo little boy's hatred in his eyes as he dragged that flag with his elders chanting behind him and his frightened little sister being pushed towards the "show" clearly against her will...

Haunting...
Heart breaking...
It still makes me sick to my stomach.

Sounds like child abuse.
© 24hourcampfire