Home
Posted By: OrangeOkie Making Fresh Sausage - 10/05/15
[video:youtube]k1bG2EPGmI0[/video]
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/05/15
Yup, it's amazing how many Liberals, have no clue where their food/Meat comes from.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/05/15
bummer, thought this was gonna be a serious thread about sausage making,

was talking to a bud earlier today about trying to make some again this year with wild hog / deer.
Big Dave,
Do yourself a favor and get the book put out by Mule Deer and his wife, Eileen. Not only does it have recipes, it also tells you why you are doing certain things to the meat and why the ratios need to be what they are. Great resource!
http://www.riflesandrecipes.com/ind...ry&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=6
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/05/15
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Big Dave,
Do yourself a favor and get the book put out by Mule Deer and his wife, Eileen. Not only does it have recipes, it also tells you why you are doing certain things to the meat and why the ratios need to be what they are. Great resource!

Ordered.

thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/06/15
I ordered one too.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/08/15
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Big Dave,

Ordered.

thanks for the heads up!

was in mailbox today, fast shipping.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/08/15
great joke,not hard to make your own sausage for real. i make pork ,deer,and deer bologna all the time.

for fresh pork i usually just buy boston butts . i have a supplier that will sell me a few hundred pounds for around a dollar a pound.for pork or deer i like morton sausage seasoning. cut them up in small chunks and season before grinding. one can does 18-24lbs depending how strong you like it. i use a can to 20lbs.

deer breakfast sausage is the same only add 20%pork fat. there are many different seasonings to be had for sausage,check lem products ,eldonsausage ,con yeager spice co.
eldons has a excellent book on all kind of stuff made from wild game. sausage & jerky handbook.

for deer bologna(just made 23lbs last week) i use bologna kits from con yeager spice co in pa. follow the directions on the bag. oh,if you buy a dozen kits at once ask about bulk prices.its way cheaper.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/08/15
Originally Posted by srwshooter
great joke,not hard to make your own sausage for real. i make pork ,deer,and deer bologna all the time.

for fresh pork i usually just buy boston butts . i have a supplier that will sell me a few hundred pounds for around a dollar a pound.for pork or deer i like morton sausage seasoning. cut them up in small chunks and season before grinding. one can does 18-24lbs depending how strong you like it. i use a can to 20lbs.

deer breakfast sausage is the same only add 20%pork fat. there are many different seasonings to be had for sausage,check lem products ,eldonsausage ,con yeager spice co.
eldons has a excellent book on all kind of stuff made from wild game. sausage & jerky handbook.

for deer bologna(just made 23lbs last week) i use bologna kits from con yeager spice co in pa. follow the directions on the bag. oh,if you buy a dozen kits at once ask about bulk prices.its way cheaper.

[Linked Image]

this one?
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Making Fresh Sausage - 10/09/15
the one i have is called

sausage and jerky handbook
© 24hourcampfire