Home
Posted By: jnyork Getting older - 10/07/15
Saturday will be the big 75.eek Starting to feel it a little, cant work as long or as hard as I want. For my birthday present I got a Handicap Parking card to hang on my mirror. Swore I never would, but there it is. Can still make it to the range and to the desert for prairie dogs, so still have a little spark left grin
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
Happy Birthday and enjoy Yuma (if I remember correctly) this winter if you get down there.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
Dang sir, your inspirational. I am just 56 and got into a fight today with a drunk bum four years younger than I am. I am a cop in San Francisco and this bum came up and punched a city street sweeper. I ran into it and the wrestling began. The street sweepers, all good guys, were going to jump in and help but they were fascinated with the two old guys fighting it out. I won, but they said it looked like two tortoises f--king. I'm still trying to catch my breath.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
I'm glad you got out of the fight okay.Those bums are nasty.

10-15 1 bum
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Dang sir, your inspirational. I am just 56 and got into a fight today with a drunk bum four years younger than I am. I am a cop in San Francisco and this bum came up and punched a city street sweeper. I ran into it and the wrestling began. The street sweepers, all good guys, were going to jump in and help but they were fascinated with the two old guys fighting it out. I won, but they said it looked like two tortoises f--king. I'm still trying to catch my breath.

LMFAO!

That's what it's all about, right there!

Now just wait until we youngsters begin to put up a REAL fight!

wink

Posted By: 12344mag Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
Damn York, there's getting older and then there's just old. Yer just old but I'm getting older. grin

Happy Birfday!
Posted By: night_owl Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
Glad you won! lucky the S.O.B. didn't bite you.
I've heard the whole bum situation in S.F. is out of control.
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
ps
I was laughing so hard I forgot.
A happy one to ya and many more.

You just shoot.
Leave the clean up to us kids.

(im still lmao over here)
tff

Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by jnyork
Saturday will be the big 75.eek Starting to feel it a little

Congrats...whining (at 75) will get you little sympathy here... wink
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Getting older - 10/07/15
You can not help getting older.....but you do not have to get old!
Posted By: jnyork Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Happy Birthday and enjoy Yuma (if I remember correctly) this winter if you get down there.

Headed down there in about a week, Jcubed, Ace Hardware is having their sidewalk sale on snowblowers, so time to get going. grin
Posted By: bea175 Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
It is now Time for you to go and drag out a Bull Elk before you get any older
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
Happy birthday! I am limping along, about 5 years behind you. smile

Sure ain't easy at times, but it always beats a dirt nap. shocked
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
Happy birthday. Hope I can make it to 75.
Originally Posted by bea175
It is now Time for you to go and drag out a Bull Elk before you get any older

Gave that up as a bad job several years ago. Even then, I didn't shoot anything unless I could back my truck up to it. grin
Posted By: add Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

lol

Where was the billy club?
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
I'm 15 years behind you but there are days when I feel older than white dog schit. Fortunately not very often though.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
Enjoy your winter "down by the river" Colorado that it.

Somewhere in my mind I seem to remember some geography class and maps and stuff. Seems there's a river up there near where you are now that eventually ends up down in......... Yuma. Imagine that. wink

It must be preordained then for you to go where the water flows.

Wishing the best 75th birthday ever.

Geno
Originally Posted by RS308MX
there are days when I feel older than white dog schit. .

Har, har, gotta remember that line. laugh
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Enjoy your winter "down by the river" Colorado that it.

Somewhere in my mind I seem to remember some geography class and maps and stuff. Seems there's a river up there near where you are now that eventually ends up down in......... Yuma. Imagine that. wink

It must be preordained then for you to go where the water flows.

Wishing the best 75th birthday ever.

Geno

Thanks, Geno, not much left of the poor ol' Colorado by the time it gets to Yuma, more like a crick than a river. frown
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
I really should have said is that I envy your "spark." I am determined to get it back and will hit the range as long as I can. I have some friends getting near your age and I hope we all will be hitting the range for a long time. With backgrounds like yours, and theirs, you do keep a lot of us guys fired up to go "once more into the breach."

America needs you.
Posted By: pal Re: Getting older - 10/08/15
Happy birthday. 72 for me next month.
© 24hourcampfire