Home
I was going to get a couple of the Victorinox paring knives. I was under the impression that there were two models, one of which had a longer handle than the other.

What model numbers are you using? Do they come with the color handles?

Straight or serrated?
I was curious at to why folks talk about them.

stumbled onto this instead

[Linked Image]

"poultry vent boning knife 4 1/2"

Because they are a better knife than 90+% of what being sold, and at reasonable prices
Originally Posted by 700LH

Because they are a better knife than 90+% of what being sold, and at reasonable prices

Deck guys on the tugs I work with use a serrated version strapped to their vests (PFD"S, "life vests") for cutting deck lines. If they ever get caught and sent over the side by a 1&3/4 inch line they want out fast. Those knives go thru poly line pretty quick.

Geno
I think it's this one.

Inexpensive and sharp.

http://www.victorinox.com/us/produc...s/Little-Vicky-Paring-Knife-Sheath/57611

Hope that helps.

Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I think it's this one.

Inexpensive and sharp.

http://www.victorinox.com/us/produc...s/Little-Vicky-Paring-Knife-Sheath/57611

Hope that helps.

Geno

I have an older one of those in my hay shed for cutting twine on square bales. Great knife.

Thanks a bunch.
Originally Posted by 700LH

Deck guys on the tugs I work with use a serrated version strapped to their vests (PFD"S, "life vests") for cutting deck lines. If they ever get caught and sent over the side by a 1&3/4 inch line they want out fast. Those knives go thru poly line pretty quick.

Geno

I wore a 2 when working the back of a long liner. Water was cold, deep, and I wasn't interested in seeing the bottom.

For meat duty, the 3" regular edge is a fave.
Deck guys on the tugs I work with use a serrated version strapped to their vests (PFD"S, "life vests") for cutting deck lines.

How did they fix the knives to their PFDs?
So none of the paring knives have a longer handle than the others? I had thought that maybe one of them had a "man-sized" handle over the other models?
There are several versions of paring knives and tomato knives, and all that I have seen have small handles. I like the poultry vent knife as it has a larger handle and the blade angle is a little different. They also make a knife for butchering rabbits that has a shortish wider blade with a big handle, that is handy for lots of chores. I have a lot of their boning knives and like them very well. miles
www.smkw.com

Smokey Mountain has lots of different paring knives. I prefer the "wavey" blade style, since I treat them as disposables. Great for field dressing if you have a Sagan Saw to split the sternum and pelvic bone.

If my assortment is representative, the Victorinox paring knives with 4" blades have longer handles than those with 3.25" blades. Mine appear to be SMKW item # F42604 at $5.99 per unit.
www.swissknifeshop.com
Originally Posted by Ben300WSM

Thanks, that was a very helpful website with good prices.

They do show that there are two sizes of handles on paring knives. It almost looks to me like the "large" handle version is being phased out by Victorinox.
Get on their e-mail list. They have super deals all the time.
© 24hourcampfire