Home
Seems like just yesterday we were rollin' with the Red Rider!!
[Linked Image]

Good thing it's such a joy to watch 'em grow up! smile
[Linked Image]

Let's see those pics!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Reagan

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My son Thomas.
Best years of my life were spent on rivers and on mountains with this kid.
For nearly two decades he was at my side and I enjoyed every minute...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now he's gone most of the time and at times I fear for his safety...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Awesome pics! That last sepia pic would look great on the wall.....

He hasn't gotten big enough yet, but someday he will. Everything is a gun, including this grill starter....

[Linked Image]
1st fish,
[Linked Image]
a few weeks ago
[Linked Image]
The grand daughters when they were just little and sweet.

[Linked Image]

Eighteen years later after passing their Hunter's Safety course. Two new Annie Oakleys. laugh

[Linked Image]

Yes, they grow up way too fast!! frown
Nice pics they grow up fast.

When I used to have to turn around and wait...

[Linked Image]

Now I can't keep up...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I've heard of road hunting, but road fishing is a first...

[Linked Image]
That particular road is on top of a USACE levy going through Sabine Lake and one of the best spring fishing spots in the spring. I don't even bother launching the boat at that time of year.
That's a beast.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
This is my boy as "then" as I have at this moment.

[Linked Image]

This is him about now.

[Linked Image]

He still fishes with me.

[Linked Image]

And hunts with me.

[Linked Image]

AND I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!
Uncle Butthead's niece.

Then

[Linked Image]

Between

[Linked Image]

Now

[Linked Image]
I guess what it boils down to is that I am an old softie at heart. I love all of these pictures. One of the best threads in a long while.
Here is my little girl from age 5 when I met her mother until age 11, she and my wife gave me this for my Christmas present last year.

[video:youtube]NFK4IOPZU-4[/video]

Here she is in late July working with her 4H project at the county fair. I was so proud of her and this project as I was busy with 6 months of training for my job, and when I finished it she had both of her steers tame and broke to lead and I never once helped her with them. She went to a fitting clinic and did everything on her own. I just supplied the money and guidance filling out her project record books.

This was her first year in 4H, as we just moved from Colorado Springs a year ago April. We didn't have the money to invest in her project like some other families, no air conditioned barns or specialty show breeds. She just picked a Charolais and Angus steer from Grandpa's herd. She did manage to win 1st & 2nd rate of gain with her project, Champion Intermediate Beef Showman, and turn a profit on her project.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Taking on such a difficult project and doing the hard work 100% on her own made me the proudest Dad around.

My grand-son

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He's now 11 years old and in Colorado he has to be 12 to hunt big game. He's real anxious to hunt elk with me.

KC

Here's my youngest, and pictures and my thoughts on the last time I'd be yute hunting with my sons:

Losing a hunting buddy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
. . .and back in 2007 I had to say goodbye to Mooseboy.

They Grow Up So Fast

Here is Angus and Moose and Me now:

[Linked Image]
The shootin', huntin' and fishin' photos of ours are spread all over and too many - so here is a shortcut series of our treasured ladies in group pics over a period of about 20 years. They sure do love one another and are as tight as ticks to this day. I have some marvelous friends, but these - and their Mom - are my best buddies.

Not here, but six grandkids are going through the same process.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by taylorce1
Here is my little girl from age 5 when I met her mother until age 11, she and my wife gave me this for my Christmas present last year.

[video:youtube]NFK4IOPZU-4[/video]

Here she is in late July working with her 4H project at the county fair. I was so proud of her and this project as I was busy with 6 months of training for my job, and when I finished it she had both of her steers tame and broke to lead and I never once helped her with them. She went to a fitting clinic and did everything on her own. I just supplied the money and guidance filling out her project record books.

This was her first year in 4H, as we just moved from Colorado Springs a year ago April. We didn't have the money to invest in her project like some other families, no air conditioned barns or specialty show breeds. She just picked a Charolais and Angus steer from Grandpa's herd. She did manage to win 1st & 2nd rate of gain with her project, Champion Intermediate Beef Showman, and turn a profit on her project.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Taking on such a difficult project and doing the hard work 100% on her own made me the proudest Dad around.

Made my day.

Being raised by a stepfather and also having a daughter same age as yours and into 4H and showing cattle in a big way, I really relate to your situation.
[Linked Image]

Do't' recall how long ago that was, but this spring the oldest boy graduated HS and next spring our daughter graduates college.

[Linked Image]
I'd have to scan some old pics first. There were no digital cameras when my kids were kids.
smile
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I'd have to scan some old pics first. There were no digital cameras when my kids were kids.
smile

Get a scanner, that's what I did and they aren't that hard to use, or I couldn't do it...
they've all got birds in them, 'cause it's what we do... wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
More great pics! Utah Lefty, your daughter's steely-eyed look in that 3rd pic would make Clint Eastwood proud....
2005,helping dad with the clothes chute

[Linked Image]

last weekend helping dad with the "deer stand"

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Uncle Butthead's niece.

Then

[Linked Image]

Between

[Linked Image]

Now

[Linked Image]

Damn. Those pictures make you look almost human SH.
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Made my day.

Being raised by a stepfather and also having a daughter same age as yours and into 4H and showing cattle in a big way, I really relate to your situation.

Thank you!

I have this feeling she'll be my greatest accomplishment.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

first deer for each, oldest @ top youngest bottom
and now
[Linked Image]
2002 when he was 11. His first deer, 9 pt. Remington 870 20ga. junior model.

[Linked Image]

2009 when he was 18. It's always a happy day when you kill a monster doe.

[Linked Image]

2012 when he was 21, catching blue fish on Nantucket.

[Linked Image]

2013 when he was 22 with his 10 pt. that dad pushed to him as I was walking to my stand. He got there about 15 minutes before me. I jumped it up and the deer ran in the direction of his stand. I knew he wouldn't be ready, so I yelled, "Here he comes" to get his attention. I didn't hear a shot for a couple of minutes. I thought he got by him. Then, BANG. He heard me yelling, so he stood up and looked behind him and here came the deer. So he stopped him. The deer stopped behind a tree. So when the deer started moving, he stopped him again, 30 yards. I tried to take credit for it, but I wasn't going to take the glory away from him.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Uncle Butthead

Admitting it is the first step. Congrats?
Great pics everyone! Love these threads.

When they were 3 and 4:

[Linked Image]

10 & 11:

[Linked Image]

14:

[Linked Image]

this year (13&14):

[Linked Image]

Last night:

[Linked Image]
My Wife and I decided since we met in our middle thirties not to have kids.

Lately we've talked about how we wished we hadn't made that decision. None of my Nieces and Nephews have any interest in hunting, fishing, and the outdoors. We have borrowed some of our neighbor kids at times but if I could have had a Thomas or any of these other fine kids pictured above...
Originally Posted by BeanMan
My Wife and I decided since we met in our middle thirties not to have kids.

Lately we've talked about how we wished we hadn't made that decision. None of my Nieces and Nephews have any interest in hunting, fishing, and the outdoors. We have borrowed some of our neighbor kids at times but if I could have had a Thomas or any of these other fine kids pictured above...

How old are you now?
56 and 51
BeanMan a couple of my friends have expressed similar sentiments, particulalry after having spent time with our kids/grandkids or other folks' kids. At your age there is still plenty of time to generate rewarding moments and experiences with youngsters - likely some that will much appreciate your attention and guidance, and love you for it. It might take some seeking and sorting but should be doable if it's something you both would really want and enjoy. Wishing you the best.
[Linked Image]

Sons, Skane and little brother Mark, dragging a buck I shot about 1974 by my cabin.

[Linked Image]

Here they are again about 40 years later doing much the same thing in almost the exact same spot! Both the boys and the buck are much bigger! grin
Long ago
[Linked Image]

Less long ago
[Linked Image]

Long ago
[Linked Image]

4H JML
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Last May
[Linked Image]

Diploma apparently came with tickets........to the gun show!
[Linked Image]
Great bear pics, bender!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Winchester
4 weeks

[Linked Image]

4 months

[Linked Image]

Full grown

[Linked Image]

My wife tried to turn him gay for Christmas.

[Linked Image]

He takes after his old man.

[Linked Image]

My daughter back then.....
[Linked Image]

And now..... smile
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Winchester

My wife tried to turn him gay for Christmas.

[Linked Image]

Be careful with that!!! My wife put some Foo Foo stuff on my German Shorthair once. The dog chewed up his bed trying to make a rope to hang himself with. Luckily I rescued him and got the Foo Foo stuff off him before he finished the job. laugh

one of the BEST threads around, thanks guys

norm
I'm not much for posting family pics but I am proud of this boy. He's wrapping up his senior year.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Baby Rommel...

[Linked Image]

Grown up....

[Linked Image]
[img]http://s48.photobucket.com/user/tracy_green1/media/114_zpsxiyyl7du.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[/img]

That made me LOL! grin

Thanks! Great kids!
© 24hourcampfire