Home
Pretty strong storm system over E. Tx. this morning and its about to hit us in an hour or so. Wind gusting up to 30ish, but very little rain, so far.

Hope everyone is ok.
Still hot and humid in S. Texas.

Supposed to cool off and perhaps rain this morning sometime. We could use it.
1.5 inches rain, 30 plus MPH winds.
2 lightngin strike fire calls during the night.

Main line of storms about to hit here finally. IE the norther.
Been raining here a since 4 a. m. Lots of rain. Haven't even looked at the gauge yet.
I just emptied mine. 2 1/2 inches and more to come. miles
May need Randy's pirogue here soon!!!! laugh
My duck pond still needs a lot of water.
Nothing here yet, besides clouds. We could use some rain, preferably without violent weather smirk

I guess there are some flight delays at the Houston airports, some UPS Red packages are delayed.
1.5". This morning. Still raining.
Heavy rain moved through again around 8am. Think its mostly over now. No clue how much now that I"m at work.
You can have some of our rain. It's been raining for days. It's better than snow though, I'll give you that.
Just checked my gauge and we've gotten 2.5" since 7 am, and the according to the radar, the worse is yet to come. The wind has died down and that is a good thing.

I hear a lot of thunder to the west, so it should be here soon.

According to the weather report, it should be over by 2 pm, and if it is, I'm headed for a deer stand.

Well Randy. Sun coming out here!
Wind finally died down here about 30 minutes ago. I poured out 3.6" of rain out of my rain gauge about an hour ago, but it's still raining pretty steady so who knows what the total will be.

Ed
The rain has started and it's really coming down. A little wind, but not too much. It's about 150 yds to the other side of the highway, nothing but open space, and I cant see the buildings over there.

I just looked at NOAA weather radar and, if it doesn't burn out, you're about to get hit with a pretty strong, long cell, Randy.

It's near Nacogdoches, TX right now and the path will run right over you guys.

Ed
Schools are letting out early today due to expected weather in Northcentral Louisiana.
Last night we got a foot and a half of wind and 3/4 inches of rain.
I thought this would be about the 6 campers murdered outside of Palestine. Was thinking they might be deer hunters cause they said at least 3 were family members. powdr
We're still waiting on it.
I just poured 6" out of my rain gauge, that was empty at 7am, and its still raining. Not raining as hard now, just steady. A little wind, not bad.

Weather report now says it will stop some time during the night.
Got an inch here.

Cooler temps were sure welcome.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
We're still waiting on it.

looks like you won't have to wait much longer...
We didn't get much rain, but there was a cool "cotton candy" sunrise this morning.
[Linked Image]
3.2 total here. Water everywhere, running all over the place.

A buddy was worried a duck hunting spot would be dry by Saturday... worry no more. LOL.

Anyone that complains about rain has not been through extreme droughts. I've seen both enough, to know at 50, I ain't gonna complain about a flood.
Good Gawd, just being stuck in Texass is bad enough-and then you've got weather to deal with? Man do I feel sorry for you boys.........well, not really, but....
It's coming here tonight.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Good Gawd, just being stuck in Texass is bad enough-and then you've got weather to deal with? Man do I feel sorry for you boys.........well, not really, but....

You won't see much bitchin' about rain after sixteen of the last twenty years being drought. Hell, we have an entire generation that doesn't realize that this weather is NORMAL.
Yesterday - Wednesday, Nov.18 - we had at least 5 inches on my part of the Texas coast by my rain gauge, and most of that came in a pretty short time period. Much cooler and sunny this morning, but had some wind damage in our area yesterday, also.
Don't know how much rain fell here but the 14ft john boat tied up at the dock, sank.

Many ways I agree that I'm stuck in Texas. But not for more than a handful more years before we move.

Obviously our panacea ain't going to be North Central US...
I ended up with 5 inches total. miles
I got .3" Monday afternoon, 8.1" Tuesday during the day, and 1.2" after dark for a total of 9.6"
I was at Little Rock most of the day, day before yesterday, and I think they were getting more rain than what we got. miles
I went to the creek yesterday and was going to put out a stand on one of the islands. All of the low islands were under water and the creek appeared to still be rising, so I didnt put out a stand. Just guessing, but I think there was a about a 3' rise. I stuck a stick at the water's edge and will check it again today.

Of course, this creed rises and falls pretty fast, so in a few days, it will be down and the islands good to hunt again.
Water was over the road to my stand yesterday, on the way in, but had dropped when I came out. I am about in the mood to day to hell with bucks and shoot a doe. Only buck that I have seen is a 4 inch spike and I have seen him 3 times. Not legal, but does are. grin miles
I am about in the mood to day to hell with bucks and shoot a doe

Told you. I made meat around 7:00 this morning. Big old doe, all alone, I figured she needed dead. miles
Good for you. I went a little while this morning and nothing was moving. No squirrels feeding, only a few birds, saw and heard more crows than anything.

Came out about 10, gonna eat a bite and go move a stand, then trim a tree for another.

Try them again this afternoon.

Damned few harp on Texass more than me. That said, it still kicks the crap out of places like OH and PA, among other bastions of unionista, leftist bullschit ideology and even schittier "hunting".
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Good for you. I went a little while this morning and nothing was moving. No squirrels feeding, only a few birds, saw and heard more crows than anything.

Came out about 10, gonna eat a bite and go move a stand, then trim a tree for another.

Good luck. Can't eat antlers anyway, so unless I see a wall mounter, I"m after any cull buck and a limit of does. I have no need to kill bucks just to kill em. I wished everyone on the lease felt the same way.
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Good luck. Can't eat antlers anyway, so unless I see a wall mounter, I"m after any cull buck and a limit of does. I have no need to kill bucks just to kill em. I wished everyone on the lease felt the same way.

Not in TX, but getting damned tired (and the freezer is wicked empty) of passing up small bucks and does. A handful of those grey faced, mule-eared fat old girls would do nicely this weekend. Or, a hammer buck or two, but I ain't picky and the does fill the freezer nicely.
We have a long season here with the limit where I hunt at 2 bucks and 2 does. I usually try to wait for the young to get a little bigger before picking on them or Mama. This doe was all alone, and I watched here for a while before killing her. She had a lot of milk in her bag, but no sign of little ones. miles

Finally saw a buck late yesterday evening and killed it. Tried to take some pictures but they did not turn out, so I will try again later. My wife's little dog went missing yesterday evening while I was hunting, so I will have to look for him when it gets light. Rode around some last night with no luck. miles
Hope y'all find the dog, Miles!
Three pages of Texans telling other Texans it rained.

Laughing my ass off.

Travis
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Hope y'all find the dog, Miles!

Good luck. Hope the little guy shows up!
I hate it when a pet goes missing, especially someone's dog frown

Hoping you find it.
Yeah. Grandkids have a little chihuahua here on place. Good little pup. I hope he don't get converted into coyote poop. They kinda ignore my warnings.
Tried to take some pictures but they did not turn out, so I will try again later.

Here Ya go. Light rain, but better. miles

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nuthin' wrong with that buck Miles! Nice!
Used the .280 RCBS with my fire form loads. I have 10 more out out of the 100 that I made and have not lost one yet to neck split or other causes.
Great!
Originally Posted by milespatton

[Linked Image]

Looks like a little slice of heaven you got there.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire