Home
Hello Campfire members.

It is almost Christmas season and I'd like to put a gift box under the tree for one teen boy out there.

I've got a brand new pair of Danner Roughhouse Mountain Hiking boots in size 9D. I purchased them for one of my sons with credit I got from people referred from here on the campfire forums, but he's already grown beyond this size. I could easily sell them, but I'd rather they go to a kid that needs them

So here's the deal:

I'm looking for a kid that NEEDS a great pair of hiking boots. I want to pay it forward and let you wrap them and put them under the Christmas tree. I'll pay for the shipping.

If you have a son or know a kid that loves the outdoors but doesn't have the means to purchase a great pair of boots, then I'm your Huckleberry. Picture is below.

[Linked Image]
Sweet...
Hope this idea grows legs, wonderful thing you are doing.
Man great idea! Good for you
I have a down vest, like new, a Cabelas Premier Northern Goose down, tan color, in size Lg/tall, 650 fill, snap front.
To pay forward to someone, who may be having a tough financial
time putting something under the Christmas tree for his teenage son or family member.

And as the other poster mentioned, please only for someone who really needs it. This vest was worn only a couple times. Its like new. Thanks.
Thanks WyoGal.
Feel free to PM if you don't want to post to the thread.
Kudos all around....

this is the good things about the Campfire...

the generosity of some of our members...

Happy Holidays WyoGal and WyColoCowboy!
Bump it up.
cool smile
bump
:-)
TTT
WyColoCowboy: What a generous and thoughtful thing you are doing!
Good for you.
I have always preferred/enjoyed Danner boots and I hope these find a deserving/needy new owner.
I put three sons through teen and youngster years of buying boots and I know how expensive they are and how often they need be replaced.
Thanks to you again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The Cabelas vest has been claimed. Thanks.
Still looking for a home under the tree for the Danner boots
Posted By: RNF Re: Pre-Christmas Pay it Forward - 11/23/15
WyColoCowboy,

This is a good thing you are doing. Hope the boots gets to a kid who needs and uses them.
up
Still looking for a good kid that needs some fine boots.
Good on you WCC.

Bump for a great thread.
Still looking for a home under a tree...
We had a nominee, but the boot size was years away...

Still looking for a kid with a need for good boots under the tree.
Cannot help, but it is a very fine thing you are doing.

Merry Christmas!
A kid was nominated to me 10 days ago, but his boot size is a lot smaller than these. However, Danner had a sale the last couple of days and I picked up a pair of size 7 hunting boots and have contacted that person and I'll send them to him. I felt bad the size was wrong and still had some credit left, so the fortuitous sale solved that problem. It's better to give than receive, right?

Still looking for a good home for the boots originally posted.
Sending you an email reference a prospective young man. GW
Thanks again Wyo. Let's keep in touch about matching up for Pa. next fall.
Update for everyone.

oldtimer303 knows a young man (14) that is living with his grandmother and has had a rough go with his parents essentially abandoning him and his siblings. Says he's a hard worker and he called the grandma to check boot size and he's only 1/2 size off of these fitting.

So these boots will be off to Missouri and the second set of boots will be going to the son of campfire poster who was nominated by gophergunner, but needed a much smaller size.

Thanks for helping to keep the thread alive. The boots to Missouri will go out Monday and the other set will go out to Minnesota next week, just in time for Christmas.
© 24hourcampfire