Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
I was in Costco yesterday & picked up some Kirkland brand merino wool socks - 4 pairs for $11. Usually these cheap socks are maybe 10 to 20% wool but these are 70% merino. They're not real heavy duty but for the price, they seem like pretty good socks. They should be very good for casual wear or moderate duty hiking.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
my wife is always complaining about being cold, and especially her feet...minus June, July and August, she has the car heater on, blowing on her feet...

even at 74 degrees in the house, she's wearing a sweater...

bought her two sets of these socks.. 8 pair total....

She LOVES them...

now her little tootsies are warm!

great value! and nice socks..
Posted By: mcmurphrjk Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
I wear them almost daily.
They hold up very well. Heck of a good sock for the money.
They are as warm as my Smart wool socks.
That's CHEAP!

I'd spend a hundred bucks.

I buy 60 percent minimum and have paid 20 bucks a pair.

Wool is awesome.
Especially merino and lamb's.

You can wear it right against the skin with no itch.

Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
These are a standard crew length. They'll work great with 6 or 7" boots but they're a little short for high tops.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
I bought my first pack of them several years ago, and they're still going strong. I just bought a second pack on the theory that when I do finally need them, they won't make them any more.

Great socks.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Bought 2 packs for casual wear, they're great socks for the money!
Posted By: Dutch Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
They are my winter work socks, have worn them for four years, and are still going strong.

Kirkland DRESS socks suck, however. Don't last. One of the few items I have ever bought at Costco that are sub-standard.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Costco merino socks are a freakin great deal. Love them and wear them probably 7 months a year.

The paradox merino base layers are great as well for the price, even at only 5 or 10% wool.

Is there better stuff? Absolutely.
For the money? Nope.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
MY Costco wool socks are three years old and still good enough shape to t least start this year. I love them.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Merino wool sock are all I wear. 365 days a year and the Kirkland sock last me about 6 months before I've walked holes in them. Other brands like danner last about the same. For the money it's a fair deal
Posted By: Huntz Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Sams Club has a 70% Marino sock 4 pair for $14.00.They last forever and are warm.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Do they come in the larger sizes. My son wears a size 15 shoe.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
I've been wearing them for years now.

Use them hunting down to the single digits,

But then again my feet run WARM. I wear sandals right up until snow flies.

Still, even when I still have older ones, I end up picking up a 4 pack every year.

Good luck with them,

Geno
Posted By: Anjin Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I was in Costco yesterday & picked up some Kirkland brand merino wool socks - 4 pairs for $11. Usually these cheap socks are maybe 10 to 20% wool but these are 70% merino. They're not real heavy duty but for the price, they seem like pretty good socks. They should be very good for casual wear or moderate duty hiking.

I am wearing a pair right now. They may not be the ultimate sock, but for the price they seem awfully satisfactory.

I have at least four packs, as they stock them in season, not all year.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
I buy three or four packs every year, except I skipped this year as I still had five new pairs on the shelf. They are the best deal out there and I wear them year round.

DO NOT be fooled by the shoddy imitations sold by Sportsmans Guide. One year when the Costco socks were late coming in, I panicked and bought some of the SG brand. They didn't even come close in quality or wear. SG has some good deals, but not these.

Cariboujack: I am a duck-footed 13EEE and the largest Costco size just fits after washing. Sorry. My older son has monster feet too and good socks and boots are tough to come by.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

I'd say no. My son uses size 13 and that is pushing it.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Originally Posted by Anjin

Sorry, but no. I wear 12's and their largest are just barely big enough.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Anjin

Sorry, but no. I wear 12's and their largest are just barely big enough.

Same here. I also like the cabelas wool socks. I think they come in a 3 pack.

I also believe they come in bigger sizes. I bought the XL and I think they're sized for 12-16. A little loose being a size12
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Merino wool sock are all I wear. 365 days a year and the Kirkland sock last me about 6 months before I've walked holes in them. Other brands like danner last about the same. For the money it's a fair deal

AcesNeights;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust this finds you and yours well.

I'm in the same situation as you since finding them a couple years back - although I'd say they last me about 8 months more or less.

They are the only thing that seems to keep my feet warm and dry in all of our varied Okanagan weather.

Anyway here's another vote for the Kirkland socks.

All the best to you folks.

Dwayne
Posted By: JBARTRAM Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
haha...just got back an hour ago from Costco with these and was preparing to text my buds to go get 'em...wearing them now..paid $13 for 4 pair.

they feel great....I may grab a few more sets tomorrow.

Posted By: ribka Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
wearing em over 10 years. great deal
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
I've been buying those socks for years, and they're one of the best deals going. Right up there with $28 Buck 110s.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/21/15
So, you like my socks. smile

Why...Thank You! laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
I have a big pile of them in my closet that haven't even been worn yet because the first batch (20 pairs) I bought about 5 years ago are still going strong.

I've lost a few to holes in the toes due to inattentive toenail clipping, but I wear them everyday. I buy a couple or three packs every fall when I do my semi-annual shopping in the late fall.

I have maybe 10 pairs of cotton socks. They are worn in the house only.
I've use these for hunting and hiking. Very good value and a good height for my boots. They are very comfortable and good cushion on the bottom. The thing I love the most is once you have them on, they don't move - very little chance of rubbing and blisters, even with a new boot.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Yup, COSTCO will have some great prices if you are vigilant. Of course none of it is made in the USA but what else is new?
Posted By: Anjin Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Yup, COSTCO will have some great prices if you are vigilant. Of course none of it is made in the USA but what else is new?

As far as clothing and textiles go, the USA lost that struggle to "free trade" decades ago. Some would say they like the prices, but it certainly has had an impact on domestic employment. frown
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Sorry to be a buzz-killer, but the socks under discussion are made right here in 'Merica.

Posted By: WVGuy Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Hope you all are happy. I bought a pack.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Then my work here is done. Thank me later.
Posted By: wildbill59 Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
I'd love to shop at Costco. The no weapons sign in the front door keeps me from patronizing killing zones.
Originally Posted by wildbill59
I'd love to shop at Costco. The no weapons sign in the front door keeps me from patronizing killing zones.

Signs? Please. The first "C" stands for concealed.
Posted By: JGray Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Well chit - ya'll sold me and just bought two 4 packs...
Posted By: wildbill59 Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by wildbill59

Signs? Please. The first "C" stands for concealed.

Worked good for the Vet in Vegas that printed and was shot to death on the way out by two eager beaver rookie cops.
Posted By: mack5511 Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
What are socks?
Posted By: Seafire Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Originally Posted by mack5511
What are socks?

fuzzy things we put on our feet to keep them warm.....

hope you weren't going barefooted in your snowmobile boots back there in No MN as a kid....

my ex wife was from Chisholm... she was so lazy, that she use to walk out to the mail box barefooted thru the snow.. said it never bothered her... but she turned out to be part Walrus anyway.....

on the socks, stopped by Costco after the movies tonight and even tho they were closing in like 10 minutes, had the time to buy me a packs of 4......

since you guys talked them up so well....
Posted By: old_willys Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Got mine at Costco today, always stock up each year!
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Merino socks at Costco - 11/22/15
Costco online.

Free shipping
© 24hourcampfire