Home
If you were to stick to just one single brand for everything, rifle, pistol, shotgun; sport and defense, which brand would you choose?

For me it would be Beretta, what say you?
Ruger I guess
Ithaca
Ruger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Ruger I guess

Considering long guns as well as handguns, it'd have to be Ruger for me also...
What kind of sick basterd.... grin
Ruger for domestic purchase

Not sure on offshore purchase

An impossibility, your rifle shotgun or pistol one or the other would be a pos.
Ruger cover about everything, sporting or defense.
Ruger

Really they have most everything covered except for shotgun
My shoulder will not take Red Label

Hank
Ruger - if forced.

Better than ok 1911 along with other fine handguns.
Good to great sporting rifles
Precision rifle
Shotgun is where they're lacking relative to the rest of their line up. Kind of wondering if Ruger will ever do an auto-loading shotgun. Something to give a SuperX3 a run...
Savage
The one brand I will never buy is Ruger.
Tough choice.

Beretta has been in the business forever and not a bad choice.
Lots of guns made under the Browning name too.
Winchester is out sadly due to the handguns.
Remington and Ruger are running neck and neck coming around the last turn. I like revolvers and Ruger clearly leads there but living without M700's would be sad and Big Green has a lot of choices in the scattergun category.

I've made a decision, I refuse to participate and can not own just one brand...grin
Will Ruger make a lever action to go along with the vaquero?
Ruger. Only thing they make that sucks are their shotguns.
FN, from late '40-'50. And a Hi-power.
I don't ever want to be in this situation, but if I have be, I would have to choose Ruger. Everything they make is adequate to good; and great in some areas.
I'm not a shotgun guy, so the choice is easy, Ruger.

Fortunately I don't have to make that decision, but Ruger makes most of the guns I've already bought and most of those I plan to buy.
Ruger, FN, Springfield but I don't remember then having a shotgun
CZ
FN owns Winchester and Browning.
I would go with Ruger. I'm completely happy with their bolt action rifles and shotguns. To me, a Red or Gold label will work just fine for anything I want to do with a shotgun. I do wish that they would make a double action 44 magnum along the lines of a S&W 69. Their Red Hawks are on the heavy side to me.
I'd choose Beretta.
Great question/fun exercise.

For me it would have to be Browning. I shoot skeet and some sporting clays and own and greatly prefer their O/U shotguns. They have decent semi-auto shotguns that would serve for waterfowl. I have their A-Bolt Shotgun slug gun for hunting in areas that don't allow rifles. I don't have one of their centerfire rifles but could get by with an X or A Bolt or even the BLR for deer hunting,(though I prefer my Win M70 FWT). Their T-Bolt .22 would serve well and their Buck Mark and Hi-Power pistols would be all I need for the little handgun shooting I do.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Not with Beretta. Some may not be crazy about the M9, but that sucker really works. And same thing for the PX4. They make a first rate military semi auto. A very good bolt action rifle. A first rate defensive shotgun. An excellent semi-auto sporting shotgun and over/under. Heck you can even have a dangerous game double from Beretta.
Originally Posted by boatboy
Ruger

Really they have most everything covered except for shotgun
My shoulder will not take Red Label

Hank
Ruger red label blows!!
Originally Posted by GeoW
CZ
That was my second choice.
CZ ! I seem to have more of them than others.
Originally Posted by lastround
I don't ever want to be in this situation, but if I have be, I would have to choose Ruger. Everything they make is adequate to good; and great in some areas.

+1 And they are in country. GW
Tough call.
For me it is a toss-up between Ruger and Browning as I have and enjoy using both brands more than the others I have.

Leaning more toward the Browning as I shoot shotgun more than rifle and handgun.
CZ...I just wish they made a revolver....
Daisy.
Originally Posted by GeoW
CZ

Smart that.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
CZ - I just wish they made a revolver . . .

>>> http://cz-usa.com/product/dan-wesson-715-revolver-cal-357-magnum-stainless/ <<<

~ ~ ~ CZ / DAN WESSON REVOLVER

The parent company, Beretta Holding, also owns Beretta USA, Benelli, Franchi, SAKO, Stoeger, Tikka, Uberti, and the Burris Optics company

Lot of nice well made firearms of just about ever type, in that group.
Choke

Remington

1911s

ARs

I feel queasy
If you want all three kinds, it would have to be Colt.

Or maybe Browning.

But this is a trick question anyway.
would not do it but smith & wesson could cover all.
Maybe Sig Sauer
Smith and Wesson.

I wouldn't be happy but a good arsenal would be: Model 41, MP15-22, MP15, M1500 in 30-06, 629, Governor, M&P Compact 9mm, and a Schofield reissue. Smith pump 12 or 20 gauge. Throw in some collector's guns for good measure. Maybe a 686 too. I could get by with a 63 or 17 instead of the 41 if cost was a problem.

[Linked Image]
Easy, Browning.
I read some more posts and my memory was jogged. I would throw HK in there also.
I wouldn't be without my 870, my 700. Shoots lights out and I've heard 1911's are not terrible . So I guess I'm the unpopular kid.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Not with Beretta. Some may not be crazy about the M9, but that sucker really works. And same thing for the PX4. They make a first rate military semi auto. A very good bolt action rifle. A first rate defensive shotgun. An excellent semi-auto sporting shotgun and over/under. Heck you can even have a dangerous game double from Beretta.

I guess that's about as close as you could get. I had ruger on my mind but I wounderstand not own a red label for free if I had to keep and shoot it. Every one I have handled has the most sloppy action ever.

I don't know much about beretta pistols but I own a 391 sporting and it's an excellent shotgun.
I prefer Beretta shotguns but despise most of their handguns and they make no sporting rifles except their high end double rifles.

I would choose FN since they own both Browning and Winchester. I would use a Hi Power pistol for defense, A Browning 1911 .22 for plinking, a BuckMark .22 for hunting, a .22 auto rifle for the same, a couple of Citoris 12 and 20 gauge for birds/clays and a Winchester M 70 .270 or .30-06.
I could certainly get along just fine if all my firearms came from Ruger.
Ruger.

Travis
Originally Posted by gunner500
Easy, Browning.

Me too. Of course, none of them would have been made in the last 50 years.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Will Ruger make a lever action to go along with the vaquero?

I'm surprised that they haven't with the growth of cowboy action shooting /mounted shooting, etc. Their revolvers are pretty big there but they don't offer anything in the lever action category.
I see a lot of Red Label bashing, but for what it's worth, I have one from the mid-'80's that has seen thousands of rounds through it, everything from target loads to 3" duck and turkey loads and everything in between and it's still rock solid and unfailing. For several years it was the only shotgun I used when I shot trap every Monday and Wednesday night and sporting clays on the weekends in the summer, then birds, ducks and occasionally turkeys during hunting seasons. Newer ones, with the "easy open" feature I'm not so impressed with, true, but no flies on my old one.
Originally Posted by P_Weed

>>> http://cz-usa.com/product/dan-wesson-715-revolver-cal-357-magnum-stainless/ <<<

Well I'll be damned......CZ it is....

Ruger would probably work too....despite what the "experts" here say...I had a 20ga Red Label that fit me great and never let me down in 20+ years of hard use....
Im already "kind of" doing the beretta thing, if you consider the tikka in that line. I have the a390 shotgun, and my experience with that led me to look into the tikka years ago when looking for a rifle.
That's a twisted idea. I suspect it originated in the chambers of Holland & Holland.
To the OP -

Whadda you - some kind of commie subversive? smile smile
Tikka

Ruger would probably work too....despite what the "experts" here say...I had a 20ga Red Label that fit me great and never let me down in 20+ years of hard use....

I chose Ruger, but could easily rethink this. I owned a couple of Dan Wesson revolvers years ago and they are skookum. I'd still miss my SA Rugers, could easily live with all CZ rifles, and CZ hands down on shotguns...
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Fortunately I don't have to make that decision, but Ruger makes most of the guns I've already bought and most of those I plan to buy.

I don't ever recall making a conscious decision to buy so much Ruger, but they sure arrived naturally in the pursuit of stuff that works hard, and they cover more bases quite decently than just about anyone else.
Lots of Ruger answers. That would be way down the list for me. I have had numerous issues with their long guns and would never own another.

I'd go. With Betetta.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
To the OP -

Whadda you - some kind of commie subversive? smile smile

Yeah that was an efffed up thing to do right?
Can't get that from Ruger

Beretta Diana hammer gun...how sweet it is...
[Linked Image]
If you were to stick to just one single brand for everything, rifle, pistol, shotgun; sport and defense, which brand would you choose?

Tuff choice ....

Ruger - very good handguns and rifles. poor shotguns.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

I don't ever recall making a conscious decision to buy so much Ruger, but they sure arrived naturally in the pursuit of stuff that works hard, and they cover more bases quite decently than just about anyone else.

There stuff just works, you can shoot the crap out of it and it won't wear out and it's reasonably priced. Kinda hard not to buy their guns if you put them to hard use.
Originally Posted by JGray

I chose Ruger, but could easily rethink this. I owned a couple of Dan Wesson revolvers years ago and they are skookum. I'd still miss my SA Rugers, could easily live with all CZ rifles, and CZ hands down on shotguns...

I hear ya.....I really like my single action revolver so I could go either way too.....

First revolver I ever bought and the only gun I ever had stolen was a Dan Wesson....that was over forty years go so I'm not sure if it was made by CZ or not....it was wearing an 8" barrel when stolen...I still have the 2" barrel laying around here somewhere....
Hmmm.
Beretta? Maybe if I could get a BM 59....
It would have to be Browning.
ruger

Just keep what I have and forgettabout.
I still haven't seen a Ruger rifle action blown up on the net. I'm sure they exist but it probably takes a hell of a lot more than others to really fugg it up.
A-5 Belgian Browning, Browning Safari 30-06 made in Belgium, Browning T bolt Belgian, Browning Hi power Belgian. Browning Challenger 22 Belgian.
I could use a Super posed to come to think of it.
They can keep the Japanese stuff.
CZ.
Well for just plain durability you can't beat a Ruger fire arm for most things! Thou Beretta makes good shotguns and they do well with handguns! The whole question is a bit bogus to me, Buy the Rife you like, the handgun you like and the shotgun you like!
Threads like this are very telling, and not always for the better. They kinda freak me out in a way...like finding out your mother is a lesbian, or something.
Oh Lord there will be campfire members walking around muddling under their breath for three weeks over this thread, better start a daily check in to make sure nobody wanders off too far or has a mental health episode grin

I would have to buy only Remington, but I'd start stealing Glocks whenever possible laugh

Mike
Ruger for me too. That being said, I just got a Redhawk that has sights I can barely make out and a 9.5 pound single action pull. I actually laughed out loud as I was trying to squeeze off the first shot, it was so hard. I guess no company is perfect. I'll have some fun getting this one shooting right.
Colt or CZ.
If only one brand of gun were available to buy, I wouldn't be able to afford it. Only those with lots of money could buy them. Competition among gun makers -- and any product -- is what keeps them affordable.

Steve.
Heads, Remington. Tails, Ruger.

I'd be good to go, whichever way the coin fell.
I just hope that nobody starts combining these threads and comes up with something like "One brand of firearm and you can only have four…" what would your list look like?
Pre remlin Marlin
22 to 45-70 covers everything
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Oh Lord there will be campfire members walking around muddling under their breath for three weeks over this thread, better start a daily check in to make sure nobody wanders off too far or has a mental health episode grin

I've already contacted Texas authorities to request a daily welfare check on LT....he seems quite distraught...
Remington was my initial thought but Browning might be better since they offer such an extensive line up and I'm a lefty.
Ruger.

They cover everything from ARs to defensive pistols, heavy-hitter revolvers and sporting rifles. Shotguns are their only Achilles heel.
I could get by with Ruger, I'd prefer Cz.
Guns are on battle ships!
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

I've already contacted Texas authorities to request a daily welfare check on LT....he seems quite distraught...

I hear he's wandering the halls yelling OMG WTF😀

Wait that was......

Mike
© 24hourcampfire