Home
Posted By: Klikitarik It bears repeating.... - 11/26/15
We've all done it, we all gamble from time to time. Usually the outcome isn't quite so terminal.

Alaska hunter killed deer hunting in Wisconsin

He was one of ours. He was a very intelligent, very gregarious, decent fellow, married to a wonderful local teacher who I have had the opportunity to work with a bit.

It can happen to anyone. Be careful out there.

Gun safety is about doing it right every, single time.

Sorry you lost a member of your community.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/26/15
Read that headline and thought it said a hunter from Alaska was hunting in Wisconsin and killed a deer.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/26/15
That sucks,

Geno
Posted By: rem141r Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/27/15
its real easy to forget the basic tenants of gun safety. lots of real experienced hunters have died like that.
Posted By: twofish Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/27/15
Sorry to hear. Sounds like he was a great fellow.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/27/15
There's a few lessons there. Sorry to hear it.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/27/15
The lessons are always so obvious after such an event, and my point was not to belabor the obvious nor impugn the fellow - and I appreciate the fact that nobody has piled on in that way. But I'm sure we all have a collection of close calls in our memory banks - or may not even be aware of all of them - when things could have become tragic.

They may not say it, but lots of people appreciate the fact that you take enough care not to leave them earlier than scheduled.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/27/15
Dad's gone 2 years now.

He died of natural causes. But I had to quit hunting with him because I got tired of looking down his shotgun barrel. He refused to up his level of safety and I refused to get my head blown off.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: It bears repeating.... - 11/27/15
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Dad's gone 2 years now.

He died of natural causes. But I had to quit hunting with him because I got tired of looking down his shotgun barrel. He refused to up his level of safety and I refused to get my head blown off.

Just the opposite with my dad. He stressed gun safety as far back as I can remember.
© 24hourcampfire