Home
Posted By: SamOlson Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
I'm sure all you fancy faukers all ready have one but if you don't these are handy...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: horse1 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
I have the 18V 1/2" drive High-Torque (up to 300 ft/#) behind the seat of my pickup 24/7. Breaker bar back there too. Invaluable.
Posted By: viking Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Sweet.

I was thinking about trading into a Tikka CTR.....that f'ing flave is one terrible influence.
Posted By: byc Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
I got myself a pair of Carhartt jeans. Put my emphasis on my sister and made an offer on a really nice crossover for her trek back to school.

After Christmas gonna' find my aging folks a nice used JD Gator for use around the ranch. Sure ain't about me this season!! cry

Maybe next year!!
Posted By: keystoneben Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
My brother has a cheap ryobi. Its pretty handy but doesn't have a ton of torque. Works good for driving lags, etc. But its only good on wheels once you loosen everything with a breaker bar.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Sam, you must be referring to that fabulous inventory of used parts?

That yellow gizmo is blocking my view of the tire tread!
Posted By: KyWindageII Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Merry Christmas!

I agree, in spite of the negative personalities on the fire, these ARE the good old days!
Posted By: deflave Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
I've been tempted but my hose has plenty of reach.

Battery powered schit has come a long ways.

Travis
Originally Posted by viking
Sweet.

I was thinking about trading into a Tikka CTR.....that f'ing flave is one terrible influence.

Guy's an a-hole.

Clark
My wife was gone working all day so I unwrapped my gifts and re-wrapped them long before she could ever know.

I got all my Dillon requests so I'm good to go there.

Shrap found me one of my all time most wanted Smith's some I'm good there too. Ingwe waved a rifle under my nose today so I'll get that as well.

Merry Christmas,
Bent Nail
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Dear Brent Nail,

It is now Stage One.

Merry Christmas
Posted By: sdgunslinger Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Sam , if you have flats like I do around the ranch .....you will not believe you waited so long to get one.....

near the best money you can spend
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Is that a suppressor on the end of that thing? A lot of people are going to want one of those!
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Sam,

Like Horse1 I have the older 18v version and it's changed more wheels than you can shake a stick at! What a life-saver!

Good for you. As you get older you value those things that can make your life easier. That puppy certainly is one.

PS, don't forget the pipe/cheater bar! Grin.
Posted By: EdM Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Nice Sam. My Christmas gift to me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mudhen Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm sure all you fancy faukers all ready have one but if you don't these are handy...

[Linked Image]

Combine that with a stout bottle jack and you're set. Use that sucker to run the jack up and down.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Well my Christmas present was a p14 sporter in 25-06.
I paid $200 for it at auction and it is heavy but the barrel is a douglas and is perfect. The Trigger is timney and 3lbs. The walnut while not checkered is pretty decent.

I am thinking that I might try to find a 416 Rigby or a 404 Jeffery barrel and let it be a good backup rifle.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15

[Linked Image]

Those are handy as a pocket on a shirt.

I have the milwaukee version. It'll break the lugs on my 1 ton. Took the blades off a bush hog thats been on god knows how long. And makes changing a trailer ball a breeze. no more pipe wrench and crescent.
Posted By: Maarty Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
We've got the small and large Makita ones, also got the Makita skil saw, recip saw, numerous drills, torches, radio and any other Makita tools that come along.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
F*cking rich plantation owners like Sam spend money like it grows on trees...I had to settle for a half dozen used books and a couple bottles of scamper juice....from me to me....
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
F*cking rich plantation owners like Sam spend money like it grows on trees...I had to settle for a half dozen used books and a couple bottles of scamper juice....from me to me....

is the code for Mad Dog 20/20?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/23/15
LOL.....no but I did get hammered on the stuff once....I never took acid but I imagine it was allot like it......

And to be perfectly honest.....it was three jugs....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Clay, this little guy is only 150 ft/lbs, might buy a bigger one this summer.

Viking, I agree, Flave is terrible!

BYC, you're a Saint!

Ben, this one did break a couple nuts loose on the pickup but I don't think it's really designed for that. Break 'em loose by hand and then go Nascar spinning them off and back on.

Richard, it's funny how junk seems to multiply in the pickup bed. The cab is just as bad, stuff everywhere!

KWII, Merry Christmas!

Flave, I'm too lazy to whip the hose out for most things but if I had a hose like you it'd be out ALL the time.

338, be careful out there........

SD, bought it last week and used it on two tires all ready.
Dropped those two trailer wheels off at the shop yesterday for replacement tires. $225 a pop for 14 ply, tires prices are ridiculous!

Cheyenne, it's the stealth version....

Bob, we'll see how the 20v does in the cold. It's lithium something or other batteries and they are supposed to hold a charge and work in the cold.

Ed, you win.....grin

Mudhen, there was a 12 ton jack under the trailer, don't leave home without it!

Kaboku68, you did great, especially for $200, NICE snag!

BigDave, they aught to work great on plow bolts. Changing tool bar shovels should suck a little less.

Maarty, DeWalt makes an uber 700 ft/lb version. I looked and see you can order them without the batteries and the price really isn't too bad.

Charlie, I don't feel sorry for you, be careful with that scamper juice!

Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I paid $200 for it at auction and it is heavy but the barrel is a douglas and is perfect. The Trigger is timney and 3lbs. The walnut while not checkered is pretty decent.

I am thinking that I might try to find a 416 Rigby or a 404 Jeffery barrel and let it be a good backup rifle.

[Linked Image]

friend of mine going through gunsmith school built me a .308 out of a p14, he left the original military look to it, but has a douglas barrel and competition irons sights.
I fired a group of 4rounds with it, all touching.
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15

Bob, we'll see how the 20v does in the cold. It's lithium something or other batteries and they are supposed to hold a charge and work in the cold.

just the opposite,dont work at all if left in the cold.
not that it gets cold in montana
Well that sucks!

It was 20F when I used it yesterday and it worked but that isn't really very cold.

I know the little lithium AA batteries work way better than standard batteries in the cold. For some reason I thought I'd read that the 20v version had better cold performance compared to the older style.

Don't charge them when they are cold.

I have 4 bosch lithium ion drills.
left them in my truck one night,wasnt real cold, 0` f or so.
wouldn't work for a couple hours after being brought in.
this was 5 years ago or so,maybe the newer ones are better
Hell if I know.

Supposed to be -10F tomorrow night, I'll have to test and report back.
"Extreme cold is also not good for Li-ion batteries. Don’t try to charge them in freezing temperatures, advises Buchmann, whose company produces battery chargers and battery analysis software. Trying to do so could cause permanent damage to the battery."

link

battery university
Posted By: deflave Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
ED,

Nice HBAR. That thing will shoot like a sumbitch.

Travis
Posted By: okie Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15

[Linked Image]

The 20 volt stuff rocks....
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Sam;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and your family doing well on this 2015 Christmas Eve.

I've actually been toying with the idea of a 20V impact of some sort myself - the thought gelling in my mind as I was finishing changing the snow tires onto the 3rd vehicle this past fall.

While we're running mostly 18V Milwaukee stuff at work, I'd say for an impact the 20V looks like a better way to fly for sure. I'll be checking the local Canadian Tire on Boxing Day to see what they've got on sale so we'll see.

In the same vein, which you may or may not appreciate Sam, I just ordered an LED light bar for the snow plow tractor this morning. Since most of my snow removal duties take place at night and my eyes aren't getting any younger, I'm finding that even the implement lights I added to the little import diesel aren't as bright as they were when I installed them 22 years ago.... go figure. wink

The theory there is that LED should take less current to run, as it's almost to the alternator's capacity now with the existing additional lights I stuck on. We'll see I guess Sam and if you're interested I'll get a full report on your desk after the fact.

Merry Christmas to you all Sam.

Dwayne
Dwayne Man!

Merry Christmas buddy.

See ya' in church.

Travis
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
I bet the women on the 'Fire would love that, especially with a deep socket.
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Well, it's not a DeWalt with a suppressor, but it should make lots of noise...

[Linked Image]
I'm seriously thinking about gifting myself 1/2 cord of seasoned almond wood....
Posted By: EdM Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Sam;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and your family doing well on this 2015 Christmas Eve.

I've actually been toying with the idea of a 20V impact of some sort myself - the thought gelling in my mind as I was finishing changing the snow tires onto the 3rd vehicle this past fall.

While we're running mostly 18V Milwaukee stuff at work, I'd say for an impact the 20V looks like a better way to fly for sure. I'll be checking the local Canadian Tire on Boxing Day to see what they've got on sale so we'll see.

In the same vein, which you may or may not appreciate Sam, I just ordered an LED light bar for the snow plow tractor this morning. Since most of my snow removal duties take place at night and my eyes aren't getting any younger, I'm finding that even the implement lights I added to the little import diesel aren't as bright as they were when I installed them 22 years ago.... go figure. wink

The theory there is that LED should take less current to run, as it's almost to the alternator's capacity now with the existing additional lights I stuck on. We'll see I guess Sam and if you're interested I'll get a full report on your desk after the fact.

Merry Christmas to you all Sam.

Dwayne

Boy I do miss wandering around Canadian Tire.
Originally Posted by deflave
Dwayne Man!

Merry Christmas buddy.

See ya' in church.

Travis

Travis;
Merry Christmas to you and yours too sir!

I hope it's a grand one for you all for sure.

I'll likely be in the back on the right side again tonight Travis, though it might be harder to save you a chair as the Christmas Eve service tends to be a full one, what with family in town and all. wink

Dwayne
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
I called Doug.....have a new Vortex DB HP 3-12 for my

new to me CZ Varmint 452 17M2.......spoiled kid I guess..... blush
Ed;
Merry Christmas to you and yours sir.

Yes the deals that Canadian Tire has on occasion are truly something.

I'm not sure that they match the prices one might find at say a Harbor Freight that you folks have stateside, but for us up here the sale prices are about as good as we're able to find.

The other nice thing about them is that the warranty on a lot of the hand tools is very good. You break a wrench - you take it in and they give you a new one. Nobody asks if you've double wrenched or were using it in a manner it wasn't designed for... wink

Their battery warranties are similarly good I should add.

Anyway sir, Merry Christmas to you all from a wee bit north of the medicine line.

Dwayne
Posted By: Redneck Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by horse1
I have the 18V 1/2" drive High-Torque (up to 300 ft/#) behind the seat of my pickup 24/7. Breaker bar back there too. Invaluable.
Ditto..
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15

[Linked Image]

I bought myself a Milwaukee Fuel 18V 1/2" gun for my birthday, and already used it twice to swap over my winter tires. I don't missing sitting in line at Schwabs...........
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by 222Rem

[Linked Image]

I bought myself a Milwaukee Fuel 18V 1/2" gun for my birthday, and already used it twice to swap over my winter tires. I don't missing sitting in line at Schwabs...........

thats the one I have. the 100ft/lb "lugnut" setting may work for lt / passenger but lacked the oomph for my 1 ton lugs. was afraid to try the 700 lb/ft so tightened by hand.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
To: Me

Benchmade Mini Griptillion

Everytime I use it, I think of "Me" smile

Merry Christmas all!
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
I need a new drill bad. My millwakee cordless drills batteries took a crap a while back. I always liked the Dewalt drills but I haven't used one since the lithium ion batteries came out. I have hilti drills at work and I didn't like them. Im probably gonna go with the Dewalt cause I already have a sawzall. I like the impact but I like the clutch on a regular drill, might just get a kit with everything.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
those 1/4" impacts are handy for screws.

if you shopping for new, home depot has a deal going with milwaukee/dewalt/makita buy a certain set and get $100-150 towards a free bare tool ( or extra batteries)
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by 222Rem

thats the one I have. the 100ft/lb "lugnut" setting may work for lt / passenger but lacked the oomph for my 1 ton lugs. was afraid to try the 700 lb/ft so tightened by hand.

I had one nut out of 8 wheels that was tight enough I needed a breaker bar. I assumed that was normal, as Sam has a breaker in his photo too.

If I had the space for a real shop, I'd gladly pony up for a big compressor and air gun. For now, the 18V Milwaukee beats the hell out of hand tools. wink
Originally Posted by Lonny
To: Me

Benchmade Mini Griptillion

Everytime I use it, I think of "Me" smile

Merry Christmas all!

Me too. I bought my Griptillian Christmas Eve '08, and thank myself every time I use it. smile
Posted By: pal Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15

[Linked Image]

That's a great bargain, and it looks good. I'd leave it alone, at .25-06.

For Christmas I bought myself a used, full-frame, digital camera that is compatible with all my Nikon lenses: a Nikon Df.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anjin Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15

[Linked Image]

I recently picked up a 9.6v DeWalt impact driver as an impulse buy from a neighbor whose husband passed away, It looks much like this, but I do not expect to use it on wheels. Now I'm jealous.

Likely mine will be fine for my needs, though.

I also picked up a used Shopsmith Mark V multi-purpose stationary power tool. I had had one, but it was completely ruined in storage by a roof leak while I was in Japan. The new/old one has most of the high-cost accessories, too, such as the belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, scroll saw, jointer, planer, shaper/router and a few others. There is also a free-standing motorized power station to which one can set up various accessories. Plus a crate of manuals and woodworking books for a helluva bargain price. So, I am a happy camper. grin
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Went and bought myself a 4 pack of wife beaters today. Gotta dress up some for the Christmas Eve festivities at Bro Tim's house. 'Course I'll wear the wife beater under a nice button up long sleeve shirt.
Merry Christmas gents!
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by 3584ELK

[Linked Image]

I had that exact rifle minus the forward Pic rail. Nice!! I modified the rear aperture to pseudo ghost-ring size and gave it a tritium front bead. Bad. Ass. Rifle.

Sam, I hired help a couple times on my house build and my contractor buddy just worships his impact drivers. You're gonna love it long time. I've seen him drive 8" Timber-Lok's with one... amazing little tools.

There's a fixed blade Benchmade I am coveting IF I survive the €£¥%# holidays. I usually wait till afterwards to treat myself. Comes from having a few really broke years when my kids were little I guess.

[Linked Image]

Nice.

Travis
Posted By: bbassi Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
58 apache
All for me!!
Did you really buy a 58 Apache?

And why don't you get off your dead ass and make me one of those folders everybody likes so much.

Travis
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
58 apache
All for me!!

Sa-weet! Congrats
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
58 apache
All for me!!

I hope the Rez don't mess them.
Posted By: TXRam Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Feeling kinda guilty, said the magic words on this here little gem that was in the classifieds earlier...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by TXRam
Feeling kinda guilty, said the magic words on this here little gem that was in the classifieds earlier...

[Linked Image]

That's sweet! Don't feel too bad I bought myself a 20ga Beretta SPI and put a Sako 75 wood and blued 7mm-08 on lay-away. I bought a CZ 452 Scout for my 6 year old boy. It will be a little big for him but he will grow into it.
Posted By: kingston Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Originally Posted by TXRam

[Linked Image]

I've been using the high and rising price of ammo to justify recent year's acquisitions. Basically arguing that it's nolonger reasonable to shoot all this expensive ammo in just any old gun. The one category I had never considered applying this thinking to was the 22lr. However, acknowledging the continuing madness in .22 rimfire ammunition markets and seeing your beautiful rifle inspires me to broaden my application of the rule.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
Bob offered to sell me this ultra sweet 657. It was supposed to be my Christmas present to me. But Momma and the kids found out and Bob ended up with two checks for the same gun.

It shoots just as nice as it looks with the best trigger pull I have ever experienced on a handgun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He sent my money back, and I used part of it to buy a Super Chicken 10X42 MQ.
Posted By: 79S Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
I was going to get me a sled and wife caught wind of it and bought it for me for you lower 48 crowd you call them "snowmobiles"

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/24/15
I bought a couple SS 1-4 Illuminated SS scopes on their black friday sale. Told my wife and kids I didn't need any other gifts. Got them delivered and I wrapped them and put them under the tree myself, to myself.

I was lusting after the Montana listed here earlier in 7-08. But, I have purchased a number of things throughout the year and figured I better lay off any more goodies.

I do need a new cordless drill and Sam's post got me thinking maybe I will look for a kit with a drill and impact. Will be staying with the 18v though because of the sawzall I already have and all the 18v stuff at the cabin.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
Merry Christmas everyone, I see you all did a fine job of finding excellent gifts.

Dwayne, those LED light bars all the rage here with kids and the 'off road' crowd. Several ranchers have the remote control LED 'turret' on the top on the pickup cab. They must be pretty good but I'd be worried about tree branches.

I changed out two more tires on a horse trailer yesterday and the little 20v broke all 16 lug nuts loose. It got them back on fairly tight but of course I snugged them down with the breaker bar.
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
what about the cold test?
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=530226664

I will have to wait for a cold day, around 20F again yesterday so not much of a test.

Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15

[Linked Image]

Suhhhweet

So lemme get this straight. You talk me into buying Leica Geovids @ 8x the price u gave for that rifle & I wonder why my wife likes you so much better than me????

Merry Christmas Thomas you.re the best!
Posted By: whipholt_wahoo Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
I will have to wait for a cold day, around 20F again yesterday so not much of a test.

so the weather guys were only off by 30 degrees? laugh
Tomorrow morning is the chilly one, I might have been off a day!
Posted By: deflave Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
IS,

That's a great Smith dude. Enjoy.

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
Originally Posted by 79S
I was going to get me a sled and wife caught wind of it and bought it for me for you lower 48 crowd you call them "snowmobiles"

[Linked Image]

Bad ass.

Travis
Posted By: TXRam Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15

Any colder than that, I'm not working either laugh - so good enough for me!

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
Momma took me to the toy store for Christmas

[Linked Image]

So she got a Christmas boner

[Linked Image]

Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

[Linked Image]

Suhhhweet

So lemme get this straight. You talk me into buying Leica Geovids @ 8x the price u gave for that rifle & I wonder why my wife likes you so much better than me????

Merry Christmas Thomas you.re the best!

Dang it Randy. Next time there is an auction I am taking you with me. You would not have gotten away so easy. It was Bill Stoecker's collection. Eight early period Winchesters from 1890 to 1930.
1886 45-70 80% - 1100
1886- 33WCF 70% -1000
1895- 30-40 70% -750
1895- 30 Gov(30-40) 70% -650
1895- 35 WCF 70 %- 1200
1894- 38-55 80% - 1300
1886- 45-70 60% -650
model 61 - 22 - 90% -1500

I bought a pair of those Geovids as well

Have an awesome year.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15

[Linked Image]

Hey Elk, that's poetry, man.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Bob offered to sell me this ultra sweet 657. It was supposed to be my Christmas present to me. But Momma and the kids found out and Bob ended up with two checks for the same gun.

It shoots just as nice as it looks with the best trigger pull I have ever experienced on a handgun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He sent my money back, and I used part of it to buy a Super Chicken 10X42 MQ.

Congrats. That's a nice looking shooter. Big plus, you got it from Bob. So you know it's been taken care of.

[Linked Image]

Sam, I haven't had a flat for four decades..until this past year. I've had a flat on a boat trailer, my truck, and wife's car in the last six months; all on the road. All in cold, wet weather.

Amozon's got 'em on sale. I'm getting one.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
Walkin bill stoecker

Dang hadn't even heard about it. Joe vogler introduced me 2 bill

Kinda sad that stuff went to auction

Oh well about the only way us reg guys get a shot at me.

Glad you scored Thomas
One of these

[Linked Image]

with a set of these

[Linked Image]

and 2 of these

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Tracks Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
Bought myself a nice Beretta 92FS from a member here.
Think I'm gonna like it.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Gift for yourself. - 12/25/15
Originally Posted by deflave
IS,

That's a great Smith dude. Enjoy.

Travis

Thanks. You are right, it is.

Am I wrong in that I thought Bob stopped at your place when he came through in '13.

You might have seen or even shot this revilver as he had it with him that trip. I added the Altamont grips, as they fit my fat fingers better than the original.
© 24hourcampfire