Home
I know this kinda got boring for ya'll after awhile, but we're still in the field!

Lily's learned the art of the head shot, taking the last couple pheasants in the air...

wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Never boring, always fascinating. Please keep posting.

Thanks, RS
I love it, keep it coming.
Great pics UL!! Thanks for posting!

In the 2nd pic Lily has the look of "I own you!"
Is the pheasant dead from impact or talons to the brain at this point or is it just trying to play dead and hoping for the best?
this particular one was dead at this point. Not always though -- the art of the killing grab comes with practice
what does it take to get into Falconry ??

gotta be cool......will they take out feral cats ??

............ grin...............
Super cool! My buddy, college roommate had a red and a kestrel...I got use to hearing them as I woke up each day.

Do I recall correctly, a red tail hawk can crush a coyote skull if placed right?
Nice!

Enjoy seeing your posts on Fridays! smile
Beautiful pictures!
puncture, not crush.

yes, the HHs killed a feral cat this year - and got 6 weeks of antibiotics for their trouble..... frown
UL, the pics and stories are never boring (cant say that about politics)... Keep them coming!
Amazing pics! Reall dig the second one.
we're often hunting in the evenings now, and often the light is just right .... whistle

[Linked Image]
Please keep 'em coming!
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
we're often hunting in the evenings now, and often the light is just right .... whistle

[Linked Image]

One of the best recurring themes on the fire. Never boring!

Please keep posting.

It helps to have fantastic photography, as well!

Damn that is awesome. The second pic caption doesn't even need words:

"I got your azz."
Nice stuff!
Fascinating sport and nice pics too!
Very cool!!
How do the birds interact with you,friendly,aggressive?
Just courious
Thanks again UL,

and if I ever get "bored" looking at your birds....

well, let's just say that better not happen.

Geno
Lefty, you always post such beautiful and interesting things. We all love to watch for your next post.

-tom
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
I know this kinda got boring for ya'll after awhile, but we're still in the field!

Lily's learned the art of the head shot, taking the last couple pheasants in the air...

wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Couple of the best set of pics I've ever seen. That second one says it all. I got you bitch! Please keep posting!
Originally Posted by rong
Very cool!!
How do the birds interact with you,friendly,aggressive?
Just courious

pretty friendly/tame when they're "full".

when it's getting about time to hunt again, I usually get a single (hard) strike on the shoulder...

wink
Beautiful bird. Looks like a good time taking her out for a hunt.

Thanks for the pictures and story, always good.
© 24hourcampfire