Home
Posted By: LostHighway Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Go Broncos

Will it be "Carolina On My Mind" or the Sheriff happily rides off into the sunset?
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Carolina jumps on the Broncos out the gate the way they did the Seahawks and Cardinals its going to be a long night for Denver.
Posted By: poboy Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
I have many of the "SuperBowl 50 Commemorative"
Bud Lite cans for sale. P.M. me for prices.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Denver is doomed. Manning will not get a chance to ride off into the sunset this Sunday.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
We've seen hot offense vs. powerful defense 2 years ago.

I hope it's a good game. Gotta cheer for Payton one last time.

We'll see I reckon.
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
does Carolina have anyone that can block Ward/Miller?
Posted By: poboy Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Omaha!!!!!
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

Yes. Their O -Line is pretty good. They shut JJ Watt down.

Can Denver's line keep the Carolina front 4 off Manning?
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
I hope that Manning gets the win.

This seems to be one of those defensive games shaping up.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
None of my teams are playing, so I really don't care. That said, I'm betting the Panthers claw down the Broncos. Badly.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
If Newton keeps wearing those pants, he will be gang raped somewhere in San Francisco !!!
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Cam will probably be a little harder to catch / bring down than Brady....
If Denver can run the ball and keep it to a score like 17-10/20-17 game they have a good chance of winning.

If Carolina shuts down the Denver running game and Manning has to throw 30+ times it will be lights out for the Broncos.
Originally Posted by 338rcm
If Newton keeps wearing those pants, he will be gang raped somewhere in San Francisco !!!

Cam is either channeling his inner Clyde Frazier or he's been a regular at Liberace's garage sale.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
I'll be pulling for my Broncos. I don't bet, but I wouldn't bet against Carolina.
Cam will probably be a little harder to catch / bring down than Brady....

If Denver leaves those gaping holes in front of Newton like they did Brady, Cam will run for a 150 yards.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Need to ask Isaac about which team he's rooting for.......
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Go Broncos!
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Dear God! Neither team deserves that.

Don't care for whom he 'roots'. Just want to know where his money is for the pool.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
None of my teams are playing, so I really don't care. That said, I'm betting the Panthers claw down the Broncos. Badly.

Same here. I wish they both could lose. Cam is irritating. I don't want to see him get hurt, but maybe getting a tooth knocked out would humble him a bit... whistle
Originally Posted by ironbender

Don't care for whom he 'roots'. Just want to know where his money is for the pool.
May have to ask the Yorkies. grin
That'll cost you.

Right, Bob?

smile
Yup,it will. grin
Posted By: byc Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
50 is a blowout!!

No doubt!
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/01/16
Not many gave Denver a chance against the Patriots either.

I think they like the under dog role just fine
Posted By: Redneck Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Why don't they call it Super Bowl "L"....

All the other SBs were in Roman numerals.. Could it be that "L" stands for 'loser'?

laugh laugh
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
My brother was down at the NFL Experience in San Francisco on Friday. He said he's never seen security that was so tight. They even had snipers on top of buildings. Back to the game. Carolina is 6 point favorite which makes sense given what they did to the Seahawks and Cardinals. They are 17-1, have a good defense, can run the ball, and Cam is playing well. That said the Broncos can win this game. After all they were 12 point underdogs in the Super Bowl against Green Bay.
Posted By: MileHighShooter Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Broncos were underdogs against the Pats (twice) and the Steelers. They said Denver couldn't be beat undefeated GB, they did. Said they couldn't get past undefeated NE, they did. They said they couldn't get past the red hot Bengals. They did.

Call us underdogs, it seems to be working.

Manning had almost 2 months off before the post season got going, he has never been this healthy this time of year. Miller was out last SB. We didn't have Ware or Talib. Yes the offense just has not moved the ball like years past, but the number 1 defense is going to give Carolina fits. Who ever wins, it is going to be a hard fought game, this won't be like 2013.

GO BRONCOS!!
Posted By: Micro_Groove Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Denver is a 4 point dog, it's gonna be closer to 14. They're gonna loose big.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
It ain't gonna be close, Panthers in a route 35-6 and Cam gets MVP of the SB and league.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Yes. Their O -Line is pretty good. They shut JJ Watt down. ...

Not to mention Clowney.
Posted By: 375fan Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Can Denver's line keep the Carolina front 4 off Manning?

No. 38-13 Carolina. Peyton doesn't make it all 4 quarters either.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
It ain't gonna be close, Panthers in a route 35-6 and Cam gets MVP of the SB and league.

Nah the Donkies get the extra point 35-7
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Broncos were underdogs against the Pats (twice) and the Steelers. They said Denver couldn't be beat undefeated GB, they did. Said they couldn't get past undefeated NE, they did. They said they couldn't get past the red hot Bengals. They did.

Call us underdogs, it seems to be working.

Manning had almost 2 months off before the post season got going, he has never been this healthy this time of year. Miller was out last SB. We didn't have Ware or Talib. Yes the offense just has not moved the ball like years past, but the number 1 defense is going to give Carolina fits. Who ever wins, it is going to be a hard fought game, this won't be like 2013.

GO BRONCOS!!

You are not playing the Pats or the Steelers and best of all are not playing at home. You could have easily lost either to the Steelers or the Pats. It's called homefield advantage. Peyton will have to win this thing with his arm...Good luck with that
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
I remember the first one, back in the day when it was about two football teams playing a football game.
Posted By: SKane Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
SEAHAWKS IN A ROUTE!
Dynasty baby! whistle

I think it'll be a close one. I sure would like to see Manning go out on top but the Panthers are on quite a roll.
Posted By: 79S Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/02/16
Broncos fans better enjoy this cause this will be last hoorah for awhile... You will probably see some of their top players jumping ship too..
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/04/16
My brother mentioned the VERY tight security, seeing swat teams, snipers on the roofs, etc. So did some reading. There are around 60 different agencies federal, state and local involved with security including Coast Guard, Air National Guard, and Homeland Security. One site listed about 4,000 LEO will be at the stadium on Sunday. Wow.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/04/16
It is a win win situation for the NFL. If Denver wins, then the NFL's "golden boy" will go out in style. If Carolina wins, a Black QB will become the new face of the NFL. So, you can bet that the powers-to-be at the NFL are smiling big time.
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/04/16
I'll be at a local sports bar in a sea of orange watching the game. The no Seattle teal green in sight. Book that.
Posted By: las Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/04/16
Originally Posted by byc
50 is a blowout!!

No doubt!

Go Broncs but I think Pats by 4..touchdowns.
Posted By: las Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/04/16
Oh yeah. I'll be in Bar in Old Mexico just like last year. Hawaii the 4 before. It ain't a bad football day that away. smile
Posted By: Paul_C Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/04/16
15 year Panthers season ticket holder. Thrilled the Cats are in the big game, been fun watching Cam grow into a real leader and great QB.

Denver D is really tough and Manning might be limited physically but he's smart.

While Denver D a little bit better than Carolina's stout D, the Panthers O much more productive than Denver's.

I'll call it Carolina 24-16....

MVP: Greg Olsen
Posted By: ironbender Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/04/16
Originally Posted by las
Oh yeah. I'll be in Bar in Old Mexico just like last year. Hawaii the 4 before. It ain't a bad football day that away. smile

Have I mentioned lately that you suck?
Posted By: dassa Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
The Broncos have been involved in three of the six worst blowouts in super bowl history. I think they'll go for number four.
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by las

Wish I could get away to some place warm for the winter.

Is this playing in the background?
"Keep on talking momma I can hear
Your voice it tickles down inside of my ear
I feel a tropical vacation this year
Might be the answer to this Hillbilly beer

I think Jamaica in the moonlight...

Voila an American dream
We can travel girl without any means
When it's as easy as closing your eyes
And dream Jamaica is a big neon sign"
Voila an American dream- Rodney Crowell

Reports say Peyton had a very good day of practice yesterday.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
ahhh, enjoying yet ANOTHER Seattle-less bowl.

Kind of rooting for Denver since I got family out that way but mostly going for whichever team makes my squares work out!

Regardless of how it turns out will someone PLEASE promise to re-post that look of dismay on Sherman's face when its over!
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
Originally Posted by Paul_C
15 year Panthers season ticket holder. Thrilled the Cats are in the big game, been fun watching Cam grow into a real leader and great QB.

Denver D is really tough and Manning might be limited physically but he's smart.

While Denver D a little bit better than Carolina's stout D, the Panthers O much more productive than Denver's.

I'll call it Carolina 24-16....

MVP: Greg Olsen

Congrats to your team, hope you are loving it Paul.
Posted By: Lorin Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
It WONT be a "route!" It may be a rout.

rout 1. n. a terrible defeat; 2. a rabble or mob; 3. a disturbance.

route n. path, road, course.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
This is the route to no rout.
Posted By: centershot Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
Rooting for Denver, betting on Carolina..........
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/05/16
Rooting for Denver and betting on them as well, taking the 6 points.

Super facts
The favored team has won 33 Super Bowls.
Number one defenses in the Super Bowl are 11 and 4.
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Super Bowl 50 - 02/07/16
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the Broncos quarterback was among those who addressed the team Saturday night, delivering his final message.
DeMarcus Ware also spoke to teammates prior to his first Super Bowl.
"Both were very emotional and near tears," team president Joe Ellis told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.
"Peyton told a few jokes to lighten the mood," Ellis said, "but then he got very emotional (when talking about what the game meant to him). And so did DeMarcus. The room was silent. It was a very emotional gathering."

Some play only for a check and some play because they love the game. Off to a local sports bar to watch the game in a little while.
© 24hourcampfire