Home
The flyer advertises a Leopold VX-3. $100 off.
Lotta room for interpretion there because VX-3 is a pretty broad product line.
Flyer also says, good for all in-stock and good in store, catalog, and cabelas.com.

Search a VX-3 and no deals.
Search Presidents Day and get their 2015 sale.
Search the item number and get 'no longer available'.

What gives?
VX-3 may be getting phased out. Natchez is selling them at deep discounts. Better than $100 off and free shipping is available.
The new bait/switch. Last year the local sportsmanship warehouse advertised a sale on an off brand 9mm pistol for $199. I thought what the heck a cheap tackle box gun or whatever. I went into town to purchase it and the gun counter guy said "We only had two of those and we sold them both already." Then asked if I wanted to look at some other 9mms. This was a large advertisement in the local paper that probably more than 20,000 saw. They only had two. Wow. But hundreds of people probably went in to see/buy one.
The vx-3 was discontinued, local cabelas, every vx-3 in store was discounted at least 100.

It is a good time to buy an excellent scope with the best warranty going.
at thanksgiving, they were $150 off plus a $100 rebate from Leupold.
Something I have also noticed regarding Cabelas is that they stopped offering any free shipping and I haven't been getting any discount codes in the mail lately either. Wonder if this is an indicator of them being bought out sometime soon.
The VX-3 is being replaced by the VX-3i I just got a great deal on a VX3 3.5-10x40 for $349.00
Originally Posted by RJL53
Something I have also noticed regarding Cabelas is that they stopped offering any free shipping and I haven't been getting any discount codes in the mail lately either. Wonder if this is an indicator of them being bought out sometime soon.

A buddy lives about 7 miles from the local Cabelas, I live about 5 miles away. We both got discount codes for $20 of $150 this past week. Could not find any $300 VX3s online.
I got a discount this past week as well
I think the rumors about Cabelas being in trouble could be true. They have always had a no questions return policy and even when you charge premium prices for items, that policy can catch up to you. I"m not saying that's the only issue that could do them in, but customers take advantage and ruin it for the rest of us.
Picked up the last 2.5x8 VX3 at the Billings Cabelas last Friday. It was marked down to 299, plus I had a 20 off 150 code. Brand new vx3 for 279. Can't beat that.
© 24hourcampfire