Home
Posted By: seal_billy Home remedies - 02/07/16
Been trying to eat a little better lately and also trying to take natural stuff to deal with a few issues. I weigh 206 and have just a little bit of pudge around my waist never been fat but am stocky but I have knee pain and back pain and sometimes a little in my shoulder.

So I buy this apple cider vinegar with the mother in it (nasty crap in the bottom of the jug) the other day. Your supposed to put a shot in your water and drink it. It's good for many things. Heart, digestion, joint pain and inflamation. I guess I'll die with heart disease, constipated and in pain. That $hit is horrific!

Any of you guys take natural supplements for everyday aches and pain? I don't really do pills unless I have broken a bone or have a migraine headache.
Posted By: K22 Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Yes, I have for a long time. But the biggest health change will be your food and maybe your water.
How much apple vinegar are putting in the water?
Posted By: wldthg Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I have a mixture of apple cider vinegar with mother, local raw honey (with pollen and small chunks of bees wax ) , and cinnamon in a jar in the frig. Every morn. a least a tablespoon full. Cuts my allergy problems in the spring down to almost nothing.
I've been told this mixture mixed with iced cold water every morn will help in weight control. Vinegar is the reason why I haven't had a sore throat in over 40 years.---Web
Posted By: 4winds Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Drink it like a shot with a chaser of water. Tablespoon of honey is supposed to be beneficial too, if you're not allergic.

I eat as many nutrient dense vegetables (fruits) and meats. A LOT of water.

If you're joints and back are giving you fits, you may need more hydration. So drink a lot of it over the course of the day and stay away from diuretics, like alcohol, coffee, high sodium content.

I won't take pills either, unless I am forced to when my neck or back lock up, which still happens, but a lot less since I've switched to water exclusively.

There are a bunch of websites with granola eating split tails out there who have pretty good tips on limiting chemicals in your house and food. Look for the paleo style food diets and forget. When it comes to cleaning products, I can assure you, windex will take care of about everything and stick to tide for your laundry needs; the granola websites have natural alternatives and none of them work for either.

Good luck, it's a lot of change and effort!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Live miserable or die happy?

I'm gonna bitch, gripe, and complain about the aches and pains... but, I'm also gonna have my bacon, eggs, and coffee!

grin

(Go for it and I wish you luck)

Posted By: milespatton Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Randy, where did you say to find the gelatin in the supermarket? Also I did some looking at May-haw and it looks like extreme Southern Arkansas is a far North as it grows. miles
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I almost drink water exclusively. I eat a little of everything and dont worry about anything. I eat sausage and eggs with hash browns every once in a while, oatmeal with honey and cinnamon or cold pizza. For lunch I eat whatever I want and supper may be a salad may be a steak. I'm just trying to not eat as much cold pizza. Lol I don't even like pizza all that well but I have 2 teenage boys, thus the pizza...

I may have to try the apple cider vinegar with honey or something because strait or in water it is truly fowl! As for portions I was putting about a shot glass full in about 8 or 10 oz. of water. I had rather drink bad moonshine.
Look for the gelatin in the jello section. The mayhaws must grow in a narrow belt. Reason I think this (I didnt look it up), some friends of ours, that live in south La., had never heard of them either.

Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Back pain can also be caused by smoking. The disks between the vertebrae are filled with fluid. During the day, the fluid is slowly squeezed out and they get flat. During the night when you're lying down, the pressure is off of them and they reabsorb fluid and swell back up again.
Smoking leaves chemicals in the body that coat the disks and prevent them from absorbing the fluid. They don't swell up at night and the result is pain the next day.
No soar throat in 40 years! I get one about twice a year and wake up with a dry mouth and swollen uvula (that little punching bag in the back of your throat). I gargle salt water and it goes away in minutes. My grandmother took a spoon every day. I feel old.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I had rather drink bad moonshine.

Done it.
RockChuck, tried smoking once when I was like 13 or 14, it sucked, I never tried it again. Weird thing is I hurt the worst around 9 or 9:30 in the morning right above my belt after I have been on my feet for a while. If I stretch and sit down for about 15 minutes then I'm OK for a while. I have never heard of the fluid leaking out and filling back up.
Posted By: stomatador Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I used to take several ibuprofen daily but now I might take 1-2 in a month. I got rid of my joint pain by cutting diet soda and adding high levels of polyphenols (a type antioxidants) to my diet. There's scientific research with reducing inflammation, fighting cancer and heart disease; and I don't have to do anything but eat good food.

I drink a few cups of black coffee, make muffins with my moms spice cake recipe, eat a hand full of almonds, a few pieces of dark chocolate and berries. Burn my thumbs on roasted chestnuts whenever I can get them. Just eat good food.

High polyphenol foods:
spices (cinnamon, cloves, allspice, anise)
berries (blackberries, blueberries, huckleberries; darker are better)
chokecherries; pie cherries
coffee, cocoa, tea
red wine
nuts (chestnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, walnuts)
dark chocolate
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Apple cider vinegar, just as you described it, taken twice a day cured my acid reflux and has kept me off Pepcid and Zantac for two years. The taste is awful but I guess I've gotten use to it.
I have been eating tons of almonds but they are the habinero (spelled wrong im surs) bbq from Blue diamond, probably full of artificial flavor.

I had been having acid reflux quite often. But it has settled down. Hummmmm.
How bout hersey bars with almonds? Hell that has to be good for you! I think Jesus invented those dang things.
Posted By: EdM Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I take a multi-vitamin, 1000 IU's of D2 and 3600 mg of fish oil daily. My grandmother, who lived to be 102, drank three ounces of sweet vermouth mixed with a raw egg daily.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
It's far easier for women to live a long life because they don't have to live with them.
Posted By: mart Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I make a drink every morning of 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, a teaspoon of cinnamon and 2-3 tablespoons of raw honey on 8 ounces of warm water. I been doing it for three years and have not had a cold or sore throat in that time and very rarely (3-4 times a year) have acid reflux where I used to have it almost daily.

Posted By: TheOldTree Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Try some banana with the Almonds. I have noticed good results with ACV. Apple Cider chaser is the best. Try ACV on your salad or on chips.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
There was a 900lb guy (literally) in Mexico who just died from drinking too many energy drinks. They cooked his heart. I don't recommend them although it's possible that weighing 900 could have some minor affect, too.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
The wife makes me one Bloody Mary everyday, and that has all the added nutrients one needs to get through a day. Give it a shot.

[Linked Image]
It's missing a sausage biscuit.
Posted By: byc Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I use vinegar on/in everything to include canning. I am convinced this is why my kin live so long. This and GOOD raw honey like sourwood or Tupelo work for everything.

[Linked Image]

You can also try these!!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ltppowell Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Water's the secret. Almost nobody drinks enough. Me included.
Posted By: byc Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
no lie I bet I consume at least a gallon every day. I always have cases of water in my truck.

BTW you are correct!!
Posted By: White_Bear Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I have a ton of bad habits and don't eat properly as but this is what I found.

#1 is water. We don't drink enough. It's too easy to grab a soda or juice. That is the core to staying alive.

#2 ACV is a cure-all and I don't know why. I've seen and felt the results personally. A shot in some OJ, apple juice or cranberry juice makes it drinkable. I've seen it help/cure everything from kidney stones to upset stomachs.

#3 Exercise. I don't do enough but feel way better when I do. I walk many miles a day for my occupation and do manual labor for my job but there's nothing like working up a good sweat for 20 minutes a few times a week.

These are the three biggest things that I have found to enhance my standard of living. They are easy and take about an hour a week.

The other thing is sleep. I don't sleep much and it's never on a schedule but it needs to be a good one. 8 hours of tossing and turning cannot compare to 5-6 hours of restful sleep. Once you get out of a pattern, it gets worse. I do not take pills unless I'm near death but will grab a sleeping pill a few times a year to get back on track. It resets your body so the rest can work properly.

Granola bars will do nothing but get your azz beat by someone.

my $0.02
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I've had people from around the country, and from over seas, all say the same thing.

"Everyone around here looks so much younger than they are!
It must be something in the water."

Posted By: Pashooter Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Grain alcohol and distilled water got to preserve the precious bodily fluids.
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Processed foods with plenty of preservatives "preserve" your life.

smile

We eat a lot of fresh picked around here.
Eat it raw, too.

Whatver is in season, we're picking it and eating it.
Some we grow, some we just know where to find, catch or shoot.

Plus good clean water...

People always guess the wife and I 15 years younger than we are.

Posted By: rong Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
My wife drinks that,
what does it mean,with mother?
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Means it has the pulp in it and hasn't been filtered. That's the stuff at the bottom of the jar.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by Oldman03

I'm gonna bitch, gripe, and complain about the aches and pains... but, I'm also gonna have my bacon, eggs, and coffee!

grin

You can move to Colorado and smoke dope with your bacon, eggs and coffee, and cut out the griping.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Oldman03

grin

You can move to Colorado and smoke dope with your bacon, eggs and coffee, and cut out the griping.

Griping is one of the pleasures of life!!! grin

Instead of buying apple vinegar, I just grab the jar of dill pickles and take a swig.
Posted By: White_Bear Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I drink lots of pickle juice. I also eat pickled eggs, pickled fish, pickled beets, etc. It's a large part of my diet.
The ACV makes a difference. No idea why but it does. Good clean well water, ACV and a tiny bit of exercise. I'm thinking if I can keep it up, I may live to 60 or even 62.
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
I have already passed the 60 mark and soon will probably hit 61. Trust me, it ain't worth the effort.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Home remedies - 02/07/16
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There was a 900lb guy (literally) in Mexico who just died from drinking too many energy drinks. They cooked his heart. I don't recommend them although it's possible that weighing 900 could have some minor affect, too.

When I worked at the University of Washington Hospital after getting out of the Army.. they brought in a guy from Bainbridge Island that weighed 1200 lbs...

I was one of the people they called upon ( you could decline tho) to move this guy from the ER to ICU on the 5th floor...couldn't believe a human body could get that big... also wondered how his heart and circulatory system even kept him alive...

talk about a crap diet...

they took his weight down to 600 lbs before he was released...

the guy hadn't been out of his house in 2 years...the Fire Dept Paramedics had to cut out the wall, as he had collapsed in the bathroom... cut the wall out with a chain saw...

his wife was 5 ft and a 100 lbs... and pregnant...

the big two jokes around the hospital, was 'is it his'? and that was followed by trying to figure out the logistics if it was...

Medical Maintenance has to figure out constructing a bed to hold him while he was on the ambulance and ferry over from Bainbridge Island.... heard that it involved a quick trip to the auto parts store and purchasing some shock absorbers for a VW Bug..

guess his diet should have involved some Apple Cider Vinegar...

addendum:

just looked up that 900 lb guy.... Manuel Uribe...died in 2014...

the wiki article said he got up to 1350 lbs....

was going to post a pic... but decided it was probably a little too gross for some..
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Home remedies - 11/23/19
Originally Posted by K22
Yes, I have for a long time. But the biggest health change will be your food and maybe your water.
How much apple vinegar are putting in the water?

Apple cider vinegar is supposed to keep mosquitoes off also. A table spoon in a cup of water is no problem for me.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Home remedies - 11/23/19
"With the mother" means it still has the remnants of submerged mouse skeletons that fell into the vat.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Home remedies - 11/23/19
Originally Posted by Seafire

When I worked at the University of Washington Hospital after getting out of the Army.. they brought in a guy from Bainbridge Island that weighed 1200 lbs...

they took his weight down to 600 lbs before he was released...

his wife was 5 ft and a 100 lbs... and pregnant...

the big two jokes around the hospital, was 'is it his'? and that was followed by trying to figure out the logistics if it was...

Simple

5ft, 100lbs....she's a 'spinner'
Posted By: GBOB Re: Home remedies - 11/23/19
Had a neighbor give me a bottle of the Braggs cider 4 yrs ago
with some of his honey. Coincidence, maybe, but my allergies and respiratory system have never been better. Also gave up all sodas and drink nothing but black coffee and water FWIW
Posted By: Kyhilljack Re: Home remedies - 11/23/19
Originally Posted by seal_billy
I have been eating tons of almonds but they are the habinero (spelled wrong im surs) bbq from Blue diamond, probably full of artificial flavor.

I had been having acid reflux quite often. But it has settled down. Hummmmm.

https://nuts.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAzuP...suLGVyphPoR0Y3GAMJTPUA_Jh9hoCh3gQAvD_BwE
The best nuts and dried fruits. Nuts.com
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Home remedies - 11/23/19
I don't know,...but my old buddy, "Franco" says that eatin' puzzy is good for ya,...says it build up the bodies natural immunities and keeps you from coming down with something. He related this while we were sitting at the table during lunch at work one day.

A black guy was sitting at the table and responded, "You already come down with somethin' if you think I'm 'own be stickin' *my* face up some woman's ass".

So I don't know. I don't recall Franco being sick, however.
© 24hourcampfire