Home
Posted By: 7mmbuster Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
I admit, I didn't watch the half time show last night. I don't care for pop music and find SB halftime shows always overdone and usually distasteful, so I switched channels till the game come back on.
So I didn't find out until today exactly how bad it was, and the race baiting message it was pushing.
Pepsi was all over this, advertising the Super Bowl Halftime Show by Pepsi since the conference championship games 2 weeks ago. I'm not saying that they pushed this crap, but they sure weren't shy about attaching their name to It!
Maybe we ought to see if we can't make our displeasure known with a little pinch in their pocket. We could start by boycotting Pepsi products and letting them know about it.
7mm
Posted By: Bill_Davis Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Excellent idea...
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
I don't think I have had a Pepsi in 50 years
Posted By: rem141r Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
no prob. coke man here. but i hear they make it with dead babies so....., ya.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Well...since I haven't drank more than three Pepsi products in the last 65 years or any kind of soda pop in the last 30 I'm with ya all the way brutha....
Posted By: forsyth793 Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
same here...
Posted By: Snyper Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Yeah, we should all protest because our 1st Amendment rights ...............wait..........what?

Freedom for all who agree with me!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Ive been boycotting all Soda Pops for almost a year now.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by Snyper
Yeah, we should all protest because our 1st Amendment rights ...............wait..........what?

First Amendment freedom doesn't apply to private sector...unless the government says it does. Pepsi had the right to control the content. So did the NFL for that matter.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
A boycott, is inherently a blunt instrument.
It is an imperfect weapon, a carpet bomb,
when all involved would prefer a surgical strike!
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
I'm more a coffee drinker myself but I do drink Pepsi on occasion. Matter of fact, I bought my last one just this afternoon.
At any rate, if I you happen to agree, spread the word. I don't do social media stuff other than the Campfire, so I hope some other guys will help get the word out.
7mm
I didn't see it either. How was the race baiting message pushed?
Posted By: Snyper Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

First Amendment freedom doesn't apply to private sector...unless the government says it does. Pepsi had the right to control the content. So did the NFL for that matter.

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree.

Then they want to curtail their speech.

I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like

See where this leads?

It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway
Song, dance, music & costume.

Frankly I didn't understand a word, but I still got the message.
Snyder, I don't care what she believes but for this to be a lead message of the Super Bowl isn't right.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
time to boycott professional sports. oh wait, i've been doing that since 1984
Posted By: CCCC Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree. Then they want to curtail their speech. I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions. I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like. See where this leads? It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway

Yeah, snyper, I see where it leads - to the assessment that you are an ideological and illogical obfuscating numbskull.

No one here expressed a wish to curtail any speech rights - you made that up. They simply do not like the Pepsi speech - their right to dislike.

Because Pepsi is a commercial enterprise that chose to spend its profits advancing a socio-political agenda, Pepsi exposed itself to critique by those who don't like their agenda. You spend your profits to send your message. If some folks don't like your message they have the right and opportunity to speak back. That's a protest, - got it? In this case. the protest might be to decrease the profits that paid for the message being protested.

It has nothing to do with curtailing speech rights - it has to do with being forced to take responsibility for what one says. Try it !!

Posted By: RifleDude Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree.

I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like

See where this leads?

This is a non-sequitur. Unless I missed it, nobody said anything about anyone wanting to curtail free speech. I've found an interesting constant that those who scream "tolerance" the loudest seem to be the least tolerant among us.

Having the freedom of speech doesn't exempt someone from facing the consequences of dumb behavior. Just as Beyonce and Pepsi, or whomever have the right to express any opinion they wish, consumers likewise have the right to their opinions as well. By extension, consumers can vote with their wallets whether or not they support the message being sent.

Would you have it any other way? Should anyone be forced to buy a product if the company promoting the product sends a message one finds distasteful?

Freedom is a two way street.
Sorry to repeat your message, quad C. You and I were obviously typing at the same time.
And you said it much better than I did, I might add.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
I understand the sentiment but if you tracked back where every dollar corporations send money to and support, your home would be bare.
The Country is already in the crapper.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't think I have had a Pepsi in 50 years

me..not quite 50 yrs...that schidt will rot out your innards.....

drink beer......
Not promoting Pepsi here but what ever happened to good ole fashioned male chauvinist Superbowl ads?

Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16

Where do you get this stuff???????

One has a right to say what they want....and individuals have the right to react to what was said as they wish.

It's not a difficult concept.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Not promoting Pepsi here but what ever happened to good ole fashioned male chauvinist Superbowl ads?

Those producers were all sent to the re-education camps.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
go fishing....
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Boycott away Men, I don't drink that chit anyway, will do a bit of research on what other co's they own though.
Posted By: dassa Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16

Damn! You post some of the most illogical crap I've ever read.
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
First of all, I did see it. Seems you ought to at least do that to have an opinion on it. Watching it I didn't see any race related issues. Neither did anyone else I was watching it with.

It was a bunch of black dancers looking like black people. I'd say they did a pretty good job of it.

As far as boycotting pepsi products, you just might be surprised what that involves. I don't drink Pepsi but I do indulge in Lays, Quaker, and Tropicana, so it's probably not going to happen.

Turkish Airways was a big sponsor of the SB. I'm not flying on them.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/08/16
Originally Posted by RifleDude

See where this leads?

This is a non-sequitur. Unless I missed it, nobody said anything about anyone wanting to curtail free speech. I've found an interesting constant that those who scream "tolerance" the loudest seem to be the least tolerant among us.

Having the freedom of speech doesn't exempt someone from facing the consequences of dumb behavior. Just as Beyonce and Pepsi, or whomever have the right to express any opinion they wish, consumers likewise have the right to their opinions as well. By extension, consumers can vote with their wallets whether or not they support the message being sent.

Would you have it any other way? Should anyone be forced to buy a product if the company promoting the product sends a message one finds distasteful?

Freedom is a two way street.

I like the way you said it.
Posted By: Snyper Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
Originally Posted by CCCC

People claim the right all the time, until someone else uses it, and they disagree. Then they want to curtail their speech. I really don't care what anyone says, since we are all entitled to our own opinions. I just think it's silly to protest against her protest because you don't like her saying what she doesn't like. See where this leads? It's not like y'all were buying her records anyway

Yeah, snyper, I see where it leads - to the assessment that you are an ideological and illogical obfuscating numbskull.

No one here expressed a wish to curtail any speech rights - you made that up. They simply do not like the Pepsi speech - their right to dislike.

Because Pepsi is a commercial enterprise that chose to spend its profits advancing a socio-political agenda, Pepsi exposed itself to critique by those who don't like their agenda. You spend your profits to send your message. If some folks don't like your message they have the right and opportunity to speak back. That's a protest, - got it? In this case. the protest might be to decrease the profits that paid for the message being protested.

It has nothing to do with curtailing speech rights - it has to do with being forced to take responsibility for what one says. Try it !!

It's all about curtailing speech when you want to punish one group for something someone else said.

You want to bully them into promoting your point of view simply because you disagree with what she said.

She didn't diss cops any more than a lot of people here do every day.

You're still just whining because she exercised her rights, just like you want to do

You don't like it, so you want to try and shut them up, just like I said, but you're putting a lot of effort into denying it while at the same time stating it.

Posted By: RWE Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16

You don't like it, so you want to try and shut them up, just like I said, but you're putting a lot of effort into denying it while at the same time stating it.

Kind of like you putting a lot of effort into trying to shut us up about Planned Parenthood, Snypercrit?
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
i boycotted pepsi and all soda pop years ago.haven't drank any of that crap for 25-30 years.
Had a Pepsi once. Yuck!!!
Originally Posted by RWE

Kind of like you putting a lot of effort into trying to shut us up about Planned Parenthood, Snypercrit?

I haven't tried to stop anyone from saying anything.

I stated many times I don't care what you say at all.

I'm not boycotting anything to try and keep you from doing anything.

All you've got is silly name-calling and some delusions

Feel free to talk about anything you choose.
I will do the same.

If you think you not buying a Pepsi now and then will affect anyone other than you, feel free to do that too.

But don't deny the real motive
Posted By: RifleDude Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
Hey, Snyper... if your next door neighbor called your mother a whore, would you reward his behavior by buying life insurance from him?

Simple market forces at work. If one doesn't like the product being sold/promoted, one has the freedom not to buy said product. And, whether you admit it or not, there WAS a product being pitched. It's no different than voting for political candidates who best represent your values. In this case, the "ballot" is one's $.

Again, freedom is a 2-way street...or at least it should be.

I personally don't believe most boycotts work, but I'm still not going to knowingly support causes or companies whose products or message I find distasteful or I'm diametrically opposed to. I'm betting if you're being honest, you don't either.

But, this is such a basic, common sense concept that I suspect you're just trolling.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
Originally Posted by RWE

I haven't tried to stop anyone from saying anything.

I stated many times I don't care what you say at all.

I'm not boycotting anything to try and keep you from doing anything.

All you've got is silly name-calling and some delusions

Feel free to talk about anything you choose.
I will do the same.

If you think you not buying a Pepsi now and then will affect anyone other than you, feel free to do that too.

But don't deny the real motive

Actually, you've tried time and again to have people NOT post things that you disagree with by saying (over, and over, and over) that they should just "mind their own business".
Hey, Snyper... if your next door neighbor called your mother a whore, would you reward his behavior by buying life insurance from him?

Simple market forces at work. If one doesn't like the product being sold/promoted, one has the freedom not to buy said product. And, whether you admit it or not, there WAS a product being pitched. It's no different than voting for political candidates who best represent your values. In this case, the "ballot" is one's $.

I personally don't believe most boycotts work, but I'm still not going to knowingly support causes or companies whose products or message I find distasteful or I'm diametrically opposed to. I'm betting if you're being honest, you don't either.

But, this is such a basic, common sense concept that I suspect you're just trolling.

Of course he's trolling. He's not intelligent enough to actually hold a conversation.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
Originally Posted by gunner500
Boycott away Men, I don't drink that chit anyway, will do a bit of research on what other co's they own though.

Anyone ever heard of a little brand called Frito-Lay? And Pepsi also owns the bottling rights to Mtn. Dew in most of the country.
As well as Aunt Jemima... whistle
Posted By: bea175 Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
I hate a Pepsi and never drink one
Originally Posted by 4ager

Actually, you've tried time and again to have people NOT post things that you disagree with by saying (over, and over, and over) that they should just "mind their own business".

That's just a lie.

I said they should mind their own business when it comes to telling women whether or not to have an abortion.

I said many times I don't care what anyone SAYS

You keep calling me stupid, but you can't grasp that one simple concept.

That's just a lie.

I said they should mind their own business when it comes to telling women whether or not to have an abortion.

Oh, your posts illustrate otherwise on each of those statements.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
Originally Posted by CCCC

That left a mark...

You're talking about apples and oranges since your scenario is personal while the Beyonce thing is not.

I probably wouldn't by from him, but I wouldn't try to deny it was only because I didn't like what he said.

This isn't about not liking the product.

It's about being racist hypocrites who want to "protest" because someone else "protested"

How can you say "freedom is a 2-way street" when you want to prevent someone else from talking?

Who cares what the big butt black girl said?
It doesn't affect me
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16

That's just a lie.

Taxpayer dollars funding that makes it everyone's business.

Although I don't agree with it, if it were not publically funded, they could do as they want, as long as it's legal.

That's just a lie.

Repeating the lie won't make it true, and it just make you look childish.

That's just a lie.

Repeating the lie won't make it true, and it just make you look childish.

You should once again take your own advice, as you seem to be talking to and about yourself more than anyone/anything else.

But....

[Linked Image]

You just keep hanging around for a while. I've got some other schit to do. I'll be back later, though, as toying with you is fun.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's just a lie.

Taxpayer dollars funding that makes it everyone's business.

Although I don't agree with it, if it were not publically funded, they could do as they want, as long as it's legal.

There are no federal funds spent on abortions, not all states fund them, and this thread is about boycotting Pepsi

Try to keep up
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
I think CCCC pretty much handed you your ass on this argument. Obviously, you failed to grasp the drubbing he gave you..
Try to keep up

Keeping up with you isn't hard.

Just take the morals and values of a reasonable man.... then look in the opposite direction, and there you are.

Consistently.
Try to keep up

Just take the morals and values of a reasonable man.... then look in the opposite direction, and there you are.

Consistently.

That's your delusional, biased opinion
I really don't care if you agree or not.
Try to keep up

Consistently.

Probably a good thing. I definitely see it as such.

Posted By: RWE Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16

There are no federal funds spent on abortions, not all states fund them, and this thread is about boycotting Pepsi

Try to keep up

The threads about Pepsi alright, but you keep interjecting your idiocy.

If federal funds support the agency in any way, than they support the functions of the agency, no matter how small or how much disconnect the accountants, liberals, and apologists say it doesn't.

Anyone that has a clue understands that, which means you either don't have a clue, in which case "minding your business" would be a Godsend to all, or you are intentionally being disingenuous, in which case, one would have to wonder if these posts really are your business.

You're talking about apples and oranges since your scenario is personal while the Beyonce thing is not.

I probably wouldn't by from him, but I wouldn't try to deny it was only because I didn't like what he said.

This isn't about not liking the product.

It's about being racist hypocrites who want to "protest" because someone else "protested"

How can you say "freedom is a 2-way street" when you want to prevent someone else from talking?

Who cares what the big butt black girl said?
It doesn't affect me
\

Dumbass... I don't want to "prevent someone else from talking." I WANT them to talk. I ENCOURAGE them to talk. In so doing, I now know where they stand on issues I care about and have the ability to vote on what they "said." I just happen to believe that a sporting event is supposed to be fun and think it's an inappropriate venue and in poor taste to use it as a platform to push a controversial political agenda -- even if the message was something I support. I don't believe a movie theater is an appropriate place to crank up a chainsaw. I bemoan the death of common sense. Is there ever a place anymore where one can just go to be entertained and get a break from someone's pet agenda?

It's not "apples and oranges" to someone with the first friggin clue. I take it personally that someone uses the largest possible public event to push PC agendas, thereby helping to stir up racial tensions.

Ah, yes... I was expecting the predictable "racist" label whenever one disagrees with someone of a different race. Such is the refuge of the weak-minded, devoid of an effective argument.

You're doing a great job of convincing everyone how much you "don't care."
Posted By: CCCC Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
Hey Sniper - here is a clue - sometimes the act of "minding our own business" involves illuminating the emptiness of some people who post on an otherwise good forum.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
'Snyper has the right to mind his own business, he just lacks the ability.....
Simple market forces at work. If one doesn't like the product being sold/promoted, one has the freedom not to buy said product. And, whether you admit it or not, there WAS a product being pitched. It's no different than voting for political candidates who best represent your values. In this case, the "ballot" is one's $. Again, freedom is a 2-way street...or at least it should be. I personally don't believe most boycotts work, but I'm still not going to knowingly support causes or companies whose products or message I find distasteful or I'm diametrically opposed to. I'm betting if you're being honest, you don't either. But, this is such a basic, common sense concept that I suspect you're just trolling.
You're talking about apples and oranges since your scenario is personal while the Beyonce thing is not. I probably wouldn't by from him, but I wouldn't try to deny it was only because I didn't like what he said. This isn't about not liking the product. It's about being racist hypocrites who want to "protest" because someone else "protested" How can you say "freedom is a 2-way street" when you want to prevent someone else from talking? Who cares what the big butt black girl said? It doesn't affect me.
Dumbass... I don't want to "prevent someone else from talking." I WANT them to talk. I ENCOURAGE them to talk. In so doing, I now know where they stand on issues I care about and have the ability to vote on what they "said." I just happen to believe that a sporting event is supposed to be fun and think it's an inappropriate venue and in poor taste to use it as a platform to push a controversial political agenda -- even if the message was something I support. I don't believe a movie theater is an appropriate place to crank up a chainsaw. I bemoan the death of common sense. Is there ever a place anymore where one can just go to be entertained and get a break from someone's pet agenda? It's not "apples and oranges" to someone with the first friggin clue. I take it personally that someone uses the largest possible public event to push PC agendas, thereby helping to stir up racial tensions. Ah, yes... I was expecting the predictable "racist" label whenever one disagrees with someone of a different race. Such is the refuge of the weak-minded, devoid of an effective argument.
Excellent posts, RifleDude
Lolz. I don't recall any mass walkouts at half-time or even anyone not watching the rest of the game. Everyone watched the racist show and cheered on their chosen team of racists before, after and will in the future.

I don't see how anyone can be a consumer of the NFL's product and have any ground to criticize anything about that half-time show. It's just more of the same that has been going on for decades.

Beyon...aw, I can't even type that nonsensical name, but anyway I have more respect for what they did than any football fan figuratively speaking out of both sides of their mouths. You're either honor and class or you're willing to support thuggery for winning games. At least they were forthright and acting on principles they believe in. They stake their careers on that. Everyone else is just whining about what they got when they purchase entertainment.
I agree - you tune in to a show - you are subject to what you chose. You may be unknowing about the content, but quite often you subject yourself to that in today's media world - if propoganda is not part of the show, it may turn up in the commercials. Caveat Emptor.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Time to boycott Pepsi - 02/09/16
Didn't watch the super bowl and I don't drink pepsi. If I want a soda which is just a guilty pleasure once a week or so it will be a Coke, Dr pepper or IBC cream soda. Pepsi sux.
© 24hourcampfire