Home
Posted By: ltppowell Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Oddly, the "America's Future Fund" a PAC funded almost exclusively by the Koch brothers, attack Cruz and Kasich in support of Bush and Trump.

___

Anti-Cruz group launches $1.5 million ad blitz in South Carolina

America's Future Fund has long been critical of Cruz's foreign policy platform, and they're spending big against him ahead of the next primary.

American Future Fund, a "conservative" group that spent heavily against Cruz in Iowa, will begin airing a TV commercial in South Carolina that labels Cruz as “weak” on national security — a damaging label in military-heavy South Carolina. The spot ties Cruz to Bernie Sanders, the liberal insurgent who’s gaining momentum in the Democratic primary, and President Barack Obama. “Ted Cruz talks tough on national security. But look at his record. Cruz voted with Bernie Sanders against defense spending,” the ad says. “Cruz sided with Obama to weaken our ability to track terrorists.”
Story Continued Below
The commercial also attempts to paint Cruz as soft on undocumented immigrants, an issue where he has painted himself as the GOP field's strongest candidate of border security — as well as its strongest opponent of "amnesty" for people who entered the country illegally. The issue is a high priority for GOP voters, particularly in conservative South Carolina.
“Cruz proposed mass legalization of illegal immigrants,” it continues. “He even praised the traitor Edward Snowden. Ted Cruz’s talk is cheap. His national security record is weak.”
The outside group, overseen by veteran GOP operative Nick Ryan, is spending $1.5 million to air the commercial. It will air through the Feb. 20 primary on broadcast and cable stations statewide.
Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier slammed the claims, saying they were untrue and would not sway voters.
"The ad is appropriately titled “Weak” because none of the claims made stand up to reason or fact," she said in an email. "This is from the same group that failed to stop us in Iowa and will run into the same roadblock in South Carolina. As they should have already learned, misconstruing Cruz’s record will not work, because voters don’t believe it, they know that Ted has consistently led on efforts to strengthen our national security, fight radical islamic terrorism, and oppose amnesty."

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/20...ll-revenues-from-two-koch-linked-groups/
Interesting. The Koch's are Libertarian, correct?
Now, Pat....... you know those evil Kochs are Cruz's "handlers".

I've read it right here on this forum.
I sort of thought the Kochs were pro-Cruz ?

certainly , they are not in Trumps camp......
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
I sort of thought the Kochs were pro-Cruz ?

certainly , they are not in Trumps camp......

Liberals try to tell you that.
Posted By: isaac Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Well written, articulate and powerful come to mind.
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
I guess that they didn't want Cruz to feel left out since everyone's attacking Trump and not paying any attention to him... whistle
The "Cruz fear" manifests itself in lots of less obvious ways than the Kochs buying ads.

For instance, this morning Fox is showing S.C. polls over three weeks old showing Trump leading Cruz by double digits.

And Karl Rove is pronouncing the Cruz campaign "near the end" if he doesn't take the "white evangelical vote" in S.C.

Of course, those labels are applied during exit polls and we know Rove's success in deciphering those.

The candidates' rhetoric has never bothered the "big boys"......except with Cruz. He has a record of doing what he promises, so they feel threatened.
Rove is just trying to beat down everyone except Jeb/Rubio

If successful in that, then he will beat down Rubio.
Posted By: byc Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
I've seen that ad airing here in the upstate.

I actually shouted at the TV that LT Pat and Capt Dan were gonna pissed at you!! grin

========

Going to be a great fight between Rubio,Bush and Cruz for their 2nd-4th place finishes.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Really can't wait to get down to S.C. next week. I've been in a 'early primary' state during 'the week'.
Think I can vote in the D primary? Tell them I lost my ID on the way.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Originally Posted by isaac
Well written, articulate and powerful come to mind.
Scum bag, cork sucking lieberals come to mine.
I understand your pessimism.

========

Going to be a great fight between Rubio,Bush and Cruz for their 2nd-4th place finishes.

How many DELEGATES do you expect Trump to lead Cruz by when they leave S.C. ?
The issue is how many delegates could Cruz reasonably expect after losing both NH and SC.

All I can do is bring the truth to the people. It's your job to convince them it doesn't matter.
The issue is how many delegates could Cruz reasonably expect after losing both NH and SC.

Are you emotionally prepared for a Trump defeat in S.C.?

No, the issue is whether you want a liberal president, or not. I will concede that Mr. Trump will win if that is what America really wants.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Bob's not personally vested in any of this.
I will concede that Mr. Trump will win if that is what America really wants.

Guaranteed, it's what Soros wants.
Originally Posted by byc
I've seen that ad airing here in the upstate.

I actually shouted at the TV that LT Pat and Capt Dan were gonna pissed at you!! grin
wink
Posted By: byc Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Originally Posted by ltppowell

No, the issue is whether you want a liberal president, or not. I will concede that Mr. Trump will win if that is what America really wants.

That's almost exactly what Carson stated. Only he said "what America really deserves."
Talk the talk walk the walk Trump or Cruz.
No, the issue is whether you want a liberal president...
-------

What makes you believe you'll succeed after such silliness by the MSM and their papered cohorts was nothing short of an epic failure.

I trust you more than those entities of course but when the strength of the media and it's droids have been completely emasculated by Trump himself, I think he'll survive the demotivational posters and the last ditch efforts of the stragglers.

-------

What makes you believe you'll succeed after such silliness by the MSM and their papered cohorts was nothing short of an epic failure.

I trust you more than those entities of course but when the strength of the media and it's droids have been completely emasculated by Trump himself, I think he'll survive the demotivational posters and the last ditch efforts of the stragglers.

I'm not scared of not "succeeding". I'm scared of not trying. The county's future is at stake and liberalism is the enemy. Liberal republicans are as much to blame for our predicament as liberal democrats.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
THAT!

But he won't. He might win the R nomination, if enough R's decide it doesn't matter how Trump would govern and/or whether he's a lieberal or not, but he won't win the general. His negatives are far too high for him to overcome that impediment with the voting public at large.
True. I meant the Republican nomination.
You boys keep hoping on that silly-assed myth that's been laughed at as folly since it's first appearance.
You boys keep hoping on that silly-assed myth that's been laughed at as folly winning elections for Democrats since it's first appearance.
Means nothing.
I will still vote for Cruz when my time comes.
You boys keep hoping on that silly-assed myth that's been laughed at as folly winning elections for Democrats since it's first appearance.

========

No, it certainly has not. It's simply the flailing shots of those in the throws of desperation.
-------

Have you even considered that the Repub Establishment might be playing Trump like a fiddle?

They could not allow the traditional "two lane race" because Cruz was too formidable a candidate with the base being disgusted with DC. Allowing Trump his own "lane to nowhere" severely hampers Cruz's chances.
I never thought you possessed such a knack for humor,cur.

That's some funny schit you posted.

I used to daydream, too.
the throws of desperation

You best go back to typing your posts.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
I don't see that fund as a Koch backed PAC at all. In fact what I find is it's mostly a GOP establishment PAC. The Koch link comes from the fact that it gets funding from 2 other PACs that the Koch brothers work with. Weak link at best.

American Future Fund was founded by individuals who worked for Mitt Romney's 2008 bid for the Republican U.S. Presidential nomination.[6] Nick Ryan, an adviser to Republican US Representative Jim Nussle, founded the organization in 2007, with Nicole Schlinger, a GOP leader in Iowa,[7] as its president. Its current president is Iowa Republican state Sen. Sandra Greiner.[8]
the throws of desperation

You best go back to typing your posts.

------

I'll assume you wrote what you meant and it meant something to you.

Have you even considered that the Repub Establishment might be playing Trump like a fiddle?

They could not allow the traditional "two lane race" because Cruz was too formidable a candidate with the base being disgusted with DC. Allowing Trump his own "lane to nowhere" severely hampers Cruz's chances.

I don't think they're playing anybody, but it's obviously the reason they are handling him with kit gloves and attacking everybody but him and Bush.
Throes of desperation, maybe?
You boys keep hoping on that silly-assed myth that's been laughed at as folly since it's first appearance.
By those who believe a life-long lieberal will suddenly become a true conservative, despite his repeated references and demonstrations to the contrary and after a meeting with the namesake of the Clinton Foundation. Soros loves you big time.

You truly have nothing but blind faith, blind being the operative term.
Originally Posted by RickyD
By those who believe a life-long lieberal will suddenly become a true conservative, despite his repeated references and demonstrations to the contrary and after a meeting with the namesake of the Clinton Foundation. Soros loves you big time.

You truly have nothing but blind faith, blind being the operative term.

I don't think they're blind at all. They're just not conservatives, but can't say that. Republicans are, after all, conservative by definition...right?

=======

Good one,cur. Keen eye!

=======

Good one,cur. Keen eye!

I've always tried to get the most out of my eighth grade education. [it might would work for college guys, too] grin
U bashers need to remove ur broken record from the turntable.
Fortunately, I could always spin out of it by saying the w is right next to the e on the keyboard but then I'd be lying.
Posted By: tzone Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16

I'm emotionally prepared for SOMEONE to beat the D side. Well, except Bush. I'm not sure I'm prepared for that. God I hope it doesn't come to that.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I don't see that fund as a Koch backed PAC at all. In fact what I find is it's mostly a GOP establishment PAC. The Koch link comes from the fact that it gets funding from 2 other PACs that the Koch brothers work with. Weak link at best.

American Future Fund was founded by individuals who worked for Mitt Romney's 2008 bid for the Republican U.S. Presidential nomination.[6] Nick Ryan, an adviser to Republican US Representative Jim Nussle, founded the organization in 2007, with Nicole Schlinger, a GOP leader in Iowa,[7] as its president. Its current president is Iowa Republican state Sen. Sandra Greiner.[8]

So both the GOP establishment and the Kochs are getting worried about Cruz?
I gave up long ago on trying to figure out the Kochs.
Originally Posted by mog75

Haven't heard anything about the Koch brothers worrying about Cruz. They are seriously considering putting their money out to stop Trump though. From what I've heard, they'll either back Cruz or Rubio, probably the deciding factor will be which one looks more likely to beat the Dem opponent in November.
Posted By: mog75 Re: Koch's Attack Cruz in SC - 02/11/16
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I gave up long ago on trying to figure out the Kochs.

Me neither.

Wikipedia:
Former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough, co-host of MSNBC's Morning Joe, has pointed out that, although their critics are usually unaware of the fact, the Koch brothers have supported more than just what are generally considered conservative causes. They opposed George W. Bush on many issues, are pro-choice, support same sex marriage, and had worked closely with the Obama White House for the Obama administration's criminal justice reform initiatives that aligned with their own.[22][23]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_family

Haven't heard anything about the Koch brothers worrying about Cruz. They are seriously considering putting their money out to stop Trump though. From what I've heard, they'll either back Cruz or Rubio, probably the deciding factor will be which one looks more likely to beat the Dem opponent in November.

-------

Are you daft?
-------

Are you daft?

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/267766-koch-brothers-network-ready-to-oppose-trump

Donald Trump is so fiercely opposed by the Koch brothers network that some donors believe the powerful group will intervene to stop the billionaire if it looks like he could win the Republican presidential nomination.

"They are always very hesitant to get involved in a primary, but I think if they were going to do it, this would be the time because they just hate the guy,” said a donor who attended the Koch network’s winter retreat, held over the weekend at a luxury resort on the edge of Coachella Valley.

Both officials and donors within Charles and David Koch's powerful group hope the real estate tycoon's White House bid dies a natural death so the group can avoid spending a penny of its $889 million 2016 cycle budget against him. But the Koch network's conversations over the weekend concerning what to do about Trump were more detailed than previously revealed.

On the eve of the Iowa causes, Koch network officials referred in a private meeting with donors to focus group research that included a range of questions including some that identify Trump’s vulnerabilities.

And some influential figures in the group — which held its largest gathering ever, with 500 donors attending the weekend gathering — believe that action against Trump would be needed if he emerges dominant out of the Feb. 9 primary in New Hampshire, where he holds a commanding lead in polls.
Did you read the original thread post?
The reason the Kochs have stayed out of the Primaries is because their 500 Donors have their own preferences among the Candidates for the R nomination.

If they break with that and go after Trump, I guess it would indicate they believe two things:

1. That he has a chance at the nomination.

2. That he is so unpopular among the Donors they won't lose any of them.
Did you read the original thread post?

Yep.. you're not keeping up.

The fact that a PAC that gets money from another PAC whose board members have links to the Koch brothers does not mean the Koch's are attacking Cruz.

The Koch's have never put money into endorsing OR attacking Republican candidates during the primaries, they save it for the general election. The only candidate that they've considered changing that for is Trump according to multiple sources from their retreat a couple weeks ago.
Why don't you post the links those inner circle, multiple sources, genius.
© 24hourcampfire