Home
Rush Limbaugh

"Leaked internal polling from the Bush campaign and others, shows Cruz within 2% of Trump in South Carolina. But you will not hear about it in the mainstream media. Why? Because they, the media, along with the establishment fear Cruz more than Trump. With Trump it's situational, with Cruz it's institutional."
Cruz does have an incredible ground game on getting his supporters out. I will give him that.

Bush is taking it in the shorts from every poll that I've seen.
Leaked internal polling from the Bush campaign
===========

This is just TFF.
So what he is unelectable
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

This, he will never win a general election. I'm thinking Kasich might be the only hope for R in next election.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

This, he will never win a general election. I'm thinking Kasich might be the only hope for R in next election.

Saved for posterity
I'm thinking Kasich might be the only hope for R in next election.

He could share a place in history with McCain and Romney.

Voters don't care about solid records at all. It's all about being entertained and free schitttt.

Rubio, I think, could come closest to garnering the youth and hispanic votes that any R will need to win.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Voters don't care about solid records at all. It's all about being entertained and free schitttt.

Rubio, I think, could come closest to garnering the youth and hispanic votes that any R will need to win.

Oh, because that's what Fox News told you, and it must be true?

Roll eyes.

Rush's point exactly right there folks!
would not surprise me in the least. I keep telling y'all that these polls in SC are meaningless because the heart of the land does not participate in these idiot polls. Real polling is done in local churches. Although, down at 2% is a bit extreme.

If you do not believe me go look at 2012 clear politics polling.

Originally Posted by byc
The folks in this state who determine the primary outcome do not participate in all of these dumbazz polls. Especially, in high country. They could care less. The meaningful polling is done in Church.

Any SC polls MIGHT reflect about < 20% of the overall opinion. And they can all change BIG in just one week. Just look at 2012.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...epublican_presidential_primary-1590.html

The Democrats have never had a weaker field. You could pick anyone out of the phone book, put an R behind their name, and they would beat the Democrats.
Originally Posted by byc
would not surprise me in the least. I keep telling y'all that these polls in SC are meaningless because the heart of the land does not participate in these idiot polls. Real polling is done in local churches. Although, down at 2% is a bit extreme.

If you do not believe me go look at 2012 clear politics polling.

Originally Posted by byc
The folks in this state who determine the primary outcome do not participate in all of these dumbazz polls. Especially, in high country. They could care less. The meaningful polling is done in Church.

Any SC polls MIGHT reflect about < 20% of the overall opinion. And they can all change BIG in just one week. Just look at 2012.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...epublican_presidential_primary-1590.html

Not down at 2%. Within 2% of the lead. As in statistically tied for first place.
Originally Posted by winchester70

Not down at 2%. Within 2% of the lead. As in statistically tied for first place.

Yup we meant the samething. That's why I said 2% was a little much. Or little little! wink
Win70, Did you just finish up your shift down at TC campaign HQ calling SC voters telling them Trump's not running and race online to post this?
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-narrow-south-carolina-lead/2016/02/15/id/714459/
Yeah, the polls were showing him beating both Hillary and Bernie, and Trump losing to both. But they are only numbers, like those they will be counting Nov 8. Once the field clears a bit Cruz will wax trump.

If you are referring to Cruz, they said the same thing about Reagan.
Too funny, man.

Trump will win by double-digits this Saturday.

The credible primary polling has worked well enough the past 4 elections for SC so I have no doubt it will be fairly close again.

You've said this before. What makes him unelectable?
Rush Limbaugh

"Leaked internal polling from the Bush campaign and others, shows Cruz within 2% of Trump in South Carolina. But you will not hear about it in the mainstream media. Why? Because they, the media, along with the establishment fear Cruz more than Trump. With Trump it's situational, with Cruz it's institutional."

IF true, it helps explain why Trump went way off the reservation during the debate and later at his own news conference where he called Cruz a liar, what, 37 times?
I have decided that there are very few true conservatives that visit this forum. A few, but not many! Go Cruz!
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Rush Limbaugh

IF true, it helps explain why Trump went way off the reservation during the debate and later at his own news conference where he called Cruz a liar, what, 37 times?

---------

He was up by 16-19 before the debate and is up 16-19 points after the debate.

So much for that correlation.
Perhaps if you Cruz fans click your heals 3 times and close your eyes real tight, it will come true.

*Bookmarked* - because rubbing it in is under rated.
Kusinich should just run as a Dem---
He is the worst of all!
Jeb and Rubio close behind
At least our candidate isn't inline with Rosie O'Donnell and Michael Moore on 9/11. Maybe he should be in the next DNC debate and his numbers will go up even more.

You've said this before. What makes him unelectable?

Fox News told him so.

Oh, and I keep forgetting, Trump also won by double digits in Iowa, right credible polling data?
[bleep] you and Fox news. You may watch it but I don't waste my time.

He is unelectable, he will not be the nominee and if by powerball odds he was he would lose to any of the POS candidates on the other side. He has no friends on either side of the aisle, people other then cruztaceans see him as sleazy.

Originally Posted by kingston
Win70, Did you just finish up your shift down at TC campaign HQ calling SC voters telling them Trump's not running and race online to post this?

ROTFLMAO..

He is unelectable, he will not be the nominee and if by powerball odds he was he would lose to any of the POS candidates on the other side. He has no friends on either side of the aisle, people other then cruztaceans see him as sleazy.

Yeah, I got that. He's unelectable. According to you. You sound like Trump. Lots of platitudes but no proof of how any of this [bleep] is going to happen. You can't explain it because he's not your guy. That's okay if he's not your guy but to exclaim "he's unelectable" with your hair on fire doesn't do much for your argument.
Did someone say unelectable?
[Linked Image]

NC is a battleground state. Hitlery supports your opinion and needs your support.

Cruz will be long elected before you ever get a clue!
Now GFY
He has no friends on either side of the aisle, people other then cruztaceans see him as sleazy.

Folks down South have a different perspective on all that.

South Carolina is in the heart of NASCAR country. If, at the end of the race, you still have both outside mirrors and did not put any dents in the opposition you aren't trying and not worth spit. Rules are guardrails you lean into as you accelerate around your opponent.

It is a manly outlook on life, figuring the other guy is virile enough to take a few bumps and get on with his life.

Yeah, I am a damned Yankee, but I worked side-by-side with folks from Alabama and Tennessee. They were pretty clear when sharing their opinion of mealy-mouthed, back-stabbing Yankees.
Originally Posted by kingston

Still beating that mythical dead horse I see.
When Carson bows out.. bet his support will go to Cruz!
Originally Posted by isaac
Too funny, man.

The credible primary polling has worked well enough the past 4 elections for SC so I have no doubt it will be fairly close again.

You're funny and "soft" like a mushy overipe melon.
South Carolina ain't NY... They happen to have Values!

Penobscot
Originally Posted by lastround
I have decided that there are very few true conservatives that visit this forum. A few, but not many! Go Cruz!

Infested with sTrumpTrolls
Rush Limbaugh

---------

Not in SC dufus
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Too funny, man.

You're funny and "soft" like a mushy overipe melon.
South Carolina ain't NY... They happen to have Values!

Penobscot

Values like Illinausea, or are you just guessing?
Lose the hair thats up your axxe dikkwad.
Youre suffering from chronic PMS and OCD "cut n paste"

PO
Lose the hair thats up your axxe dikkwad.
Youre suffering from chronic PMS and OCD "cut n paste"

PO

Bud, you can throw around your weight(most of us do) but if you tone it down just a hair people might listen more.
I can see why some dislike the Cruzers....I'd suggest judge the poster not who they are supporting. There are Trump supporters and Cruz supports that don't do favor to their candidate of choice
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Oh, because that's what Fox News told you, and it must be true?

Roll eyes.

And you got your info from those paragons of veracity ABC,NBC,CBS,PBS, CNN, etc? Maybe the Washington Post other wise known as Pravda on the Potomac, or maybe Investia on the Hudson ?

Jim

Rush's point exactly right there folks!
Rush Limbaugh

---------

Not in SC dufus

----------

Oh, ok.

Rush Limbaugh

==============

Epic fail. Likely actually shows Bush is within 2% of 4th place.
South Carolina Republican Presidential Primary

SC House GOP

Trump 34,
Cruz 16,
Rubio 15,
Bush 15,
Kasich 8,
Carson 7

Trump +18

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4lhKxf9pMitdGp6OVZxM2NFaGM/view?pref=2&pli=1
The mystery will be solved by Saturday night.
Yup.
Trump is scared. Narcissists don't handle conflict well. I don't really think he has that much to worry about in SC, but people are definitely coming to their senses and recognizing him for the loose cannon he is.
He's scared alright with another surge in the polls in both SC and Nevada. I guess the voters don't see the conflict you see.

Big battle between Rubio and Cruz for 2nd.

Rush Limbaugh

==============

Trump will probably win SC, but don't put it past Rush to be at least close to right. According to him, he's right 98.7% of the time. I think he knows more than the polls are reveling.
Cruz better do well in South Carolina. He's counting on the evangelical vote. If they don't come thru for him, he's toast
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Trump is scared. Narcissists don't handle conflict well. I don't really think he has that much to worry about in SC, but people are definitely coming to their senses and recognizing him for the loose cannon he is.

And his longtime supporters are beginning to see him as a cannon that ain't gonna make it to the REAL battlefield where the delegates are won.

But he is on track to achieve his real goal which is to deny the Nomination to any of the other candidates via a majority of delegates.

And the beneficiary of a brokered convention will have so much trumpshit smeared on him, likely Rubio but possibly Bush, that most of the Dem's work is done.

Add in a fractured electorate for the R's and a Trump/Clinton deal becomes a lot more believable.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Rush Limbaugh

==============

Trump will probably win SC, but don't put it past Rush to be at least close to right. According to him, he's right 98.7% of the time. I think he knows more than the polls are reveling.

------------

Bush's internal polling? Sure, man!

Have to get to court. You gents get these these Cruz numbers up 17 points today while I'm away.
------

Q poll: ‘Freight train’ Trump had 2-1 lead

Jim Shay
Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Donald Trump has scored his highest numbers in a Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016 that found him with a 2-1 lead among Republican voters nationwide, with 39 percent. He’s followed by Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida with 19 percent and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas with 18 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today. Ohio Gov. John Kasich has 6 percent with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Dr. Ben Carson at 4 percent each. Nine percent are undecided. Photo: Spencer Platt / Getty Images / 2016 Getty Images

Donald Trump has scored his highest numbers in a Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016 that found him with a 2-1 lead among Republican voters nationwide, with 39 percent. He’s followed by Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida with 19 percent and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas with 18 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today. Ohio Gov. John Kasich has 6 percent with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Dr. Ben Carson at 4 percent each. Nine percent are undecided.

Donald Trump has scored his highest numbers in a Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016 that found him with a 2-1 lead among Republican voters nationwide, with 39 percent. He’s followed by Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida with 19 percent and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas with 18 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today. Ohio Gov. John Kasich has 6 percent with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Dr. Ben Carson at 4 percent each. Nine percent are undecided. less

Donald Trump has scored his highest numbers in a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday that found him with a 2-1 lead among Republican voters nationwide, with 39 percent.

He’s followed by Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida with 19 percent and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas with 18 percent, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today. Ohio Gov. John Kasich has 6 percent with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Dr. Ben Carson at 4 percent each. Nine percent are undecided.

This compares to the results of a Feb. 5 survey by the independent Quinnipiac University, showing Trump with 31 percent, Cruz with 22 percent and Rubio with 19 percent.

In the Democratic race nationwide, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has 44 percent, with Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont at 42 percent, and 11 percent undecided, unchanged from February 5.

The top three Republicans are closely matched in terms of voter opinion as Trump gets a 62 - 31 percent favorability among Republicans, with 64 - 17 percent for Rubio and 62 - 23 percent for Cruz.

“Reports of Donald Trump's imminent demise as a candidate are clearly and greatly exaggerated. Like a freight train barreling through signals with his horn on full blast, Trump heads down the track towards a possible nomination,” Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll, said in a statement.

“There is a ‘but.' Trump's raw numbers are formidable, but he trails the pack on some ‘from the gut'’ character measurements. And the kind of bright spot that Jeb Bush supporters, few as they be, may grab ahold of. The former Florida governor polls best in the pack on ‘experience.’"

“Senator Bernie Sanders and Secretary Hillary Clinton are neck and neck. But while Bernie has the trust, Hillary has the experience. Two different measurements of two dissimilar candidates,” Malloy pointed out.

Trump has a good chance of winning in November, 77 percent of Republican voters nationwide say, while 61 percent say Rubio has a good chance of winning and 60 percent say Cruz has a good chance.

Looking at key characteristics, Bush leads in one area as 74 percent of Republicans say he has the right kind of experience to be president, with Cruz at 68 percent, Trump at 60 percent, Kasich at 59 percent and Rubio at 54 percent.

On other qualities, Republican voters say: 72 percent that Rubio is honest and trustworthy, with 70 percent for Bush, 65 percent for Kasich, 62 percent for Cruz and 60 percent for Trump.

Other poll results found:

80 percent that Trump has strong leadership qualities, with 69 percent for Cruz, 63 percent for Rubio, 60 percent for Bush and 58 percent for Kasich;

73 percent that Rubio cares about their needs and problems, with 67 percent for Cruz, 66 percent for Bush and 62 percent each for Trump and Kasich;

70 percent say Rubio shares their values, with 69 percent for Bush, 67 percent for Cruz, 60 percent for Trump and 57 percent for Kasich. Clinton - Sanders.

For the complete poll results: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-...l/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2323

And his longtime supporters are beginning to see him as a cannon that ain't gonna make it to the REAL battlefield where the delegates are won.
-----------

All while his polling lead strengthens. While I understand your survival instinct in hoping beyond hope for a brokered convention,the polling now corroborates Trump being the likely nominee at 77%.

One can dream, though.
Where is all the conservatism? Is it on Fox News? Is it National Review? Is it over at the American Spectator? Where is it? It isn't in the Republican Party. That is for darn sure, and so many people are livid about that. I'm talking about the party establishment. Yes, Ted Cruz. Look, what more do you want me to say? Ted Cruz is the closest living thing to Ronald Reagan we're ever gonna have in our lifetimes. I don't know what more I can say about Ted Cruz.
Originally Posted by KFWA
Cruz better do well in South Carolina. He's counting on the evangelical vote. If they don't come thru for him, he's toast

----------

Trump leads among Evangelicals in SC by a 2-1 margin.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Trump is scared.

Damn right he's scared.

He should be, since his numbers are not up since he entered the race. In fact, they are down considerably.

If he's so "presidential", and has so much confidence in winning the entire world, then why is always in attack mode? (A mode that his supporters adopted too.) wink
He should be, since his numbers are not up since he entered the race. In fact, they are down considerably.
----------

Just pure blather unsupported by any facts.

In fact, your emotional hopes and comment are completely reversed from actual reality.
Originally Posted by KFWA

----------

Cruz is sending out flyers showing Donald Trump praying at a mosque
----------

Just pure blather unsupported by any facts.

In fact, your emotional hopes and comment are completely reversed from actual reality.

Riiight...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...blican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Trump- 31.7 Now.

Trump- 41.0 Dec. 14

This is according to polls in the middle of December. The numbers are out there. Just look.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10777534/Latest_GOP_poll_TRUMP_41_,_Can

Do lawyers always lie, Bob? Or do they tell the truth sometimes? wink
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Riiight...

Trump- 31.7 Now.

Trump- 41.0 Dec. 14

This is according to polls in the middle of December. The numbers are out there. Just look.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10777534/Latest_GOP_poll_TRUMP_41_,_Can

From your source.

Trump

Quinnipiac 12/16 - 12/20 - 28%
Quinnipiac 2/2 - 2/4 - 31%
Quinnipiac 2/10 - 2/15 - 39%

Waiting for the spin,......
I am having more trouble all the time with Trump... he is spooky in a very bad way. At best he will not make for comfortable times... just cannot trust the guy...

And with so much riding on it between the SCOTUS appointments and critical 2A cases coming on I just hate where this could go.
Oh I don't like or trust Trump either. He's just an end to the means. Tear apart the RNC and have the added benefit of a somewhat Republican doing it instead of an idiot liberal. Beyond that, he might actually do something about illegal immigrants and our trade deficits.

For some of us, it's a no lose situation.

That would be those of you who don't own guns, I reckon.
Trump=NYC mindset and NYC values.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I am having more trouble all the time with Trump... he is spooky in a very bad way. At best he will not make for comfortable times... just cannot trust the guy...

And with so much riding on it between the SCOTUS appointments and critical 2A cases coming on I just hate where this could go.

His platform is for nation wide CCW. Name a candidate with a better platform for gun rights than that please.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Trumps family are big time hunters and aren't doing it for photo ops. I suppose if someone sees Cruz shooting a duck for a press release, they might think he actually cares about guns.
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Trumps family are big time hunters and aren't doing it for photo ops. I suppose if someone sees Cruz shooting a duck for a press release, they might think he actually cares about guns.

The grownups would consider Cruz's arguments before the SC in favor of the 2A as "trumping" family members who hunt and shoot.

And the grownups would consider Trump's previous comments re the 2A PRIOR TO HIS SEEKING THE PRESIDENCY AS A REPUB INSTEAD OF A DEM.

Spin?

I quoted relclearpolitics.com and a poll Gahuntertom posted showing Trump numbers Dec. 14.

All I did was link what was said.

All that aside, why don't you inform us all about how Trumps numbers have risen? He sure seems to be flat, or dropping to me... smile

Then tell us all how he's going to win a national election with 20 something percent of republican votes in the general election...

He sure seems to be flat, or dropping to me... smile

Maybe because you're looking for the highest previous poll from one source and comparing it to his lowest poll from another source?

I dunno,.....
I think both Cruz and Trump are unelectable because they are to offensive to many IMHO. Rubio and Kasich have the best chance of winning in the general election, but I believe even Bush would win over Hitlery.
Trump is just clearing the way for the establishment candidate.

Rubio.
Trump hit his RCP all time high of 38 in Iowa on Feb. 6, flat-lined to Feb. 11 and now has dropped to 35 points.

During the same time frame Cruz has dropped from 20.5 to 17.5 points.
Rubio is right on his heels gaining his all time high of 15.8 points.

So far these numbers do not agree with all the internal polling leaks of Cruz being within two points of Trump.
Interesting times ahead.
Trump is just clearing the way for the establishment candidate.

Rubio.

Yep, and crippling him in the process to make Hillary's road a little easier.
Why do folks find it impossible to believe that Trump actually wants to be president?

All the conspiracy theories and make believe seems more true to some than that he actually wants to win the race and govern the country.

Why?
Internal polling is never leaked without a purpose.

Most "leaks" are actually guesses by folks confounded by actions which have no other rational explanation.

Like, why is Trump going after Cruz so viciously if he really is that far behind?

The answer is....... who in hell knows. Could very well be "ego feeding frenzy".

You just cherry pick your favorite bits from a mass of bad polls, eh?

That same poll from today you quote that gives Trump a 39% to 18% lead over Cruz also shows that Trump gets 30% of the evangelical vote and Cruz gets 25%.

Now, in my universe... 30% is not 2-1 over 25%.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us02172016_Ut34wgb.pdf
Originally Posted by Calhoun

That same poll from today you quote that gives Trump a 39% to 18% lead over Cruz also shows that Trump gets 30% of the evangelical vote and Cruz gets 25%.

Dude, you completely ignored the quinnipiac poll trend when arguing Trump was falling and now you use them as your source?

Dude, you completely ignored the quinnipiac poll trend when arguing Trump was falling and now you use them as your source?

First, I've used Quinnipiac a LOT since they publish the actual poll, so that's not an honest assessment.

Second, to the best of my knowledge I'm using the poll that isaac has been talking about this morning. Even if he isn't using this poll, it's still one of the better and most unbiased polls out there and crushes that 2-1 argument about evangelicals.

1.(If Republican or Republican Leaner) If the Republican primary for President were being held today, and the candidates were Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Marco Rubio, and Donald Trump, for whom would you vote?
White Born Again Evangelicals
Bush: 4%
Carson: 8%
Cruz: 25%
Kasich: 6%
Rubio: 16%
Trumpm: 30%
Don't Know: 11%

The Quinnipiac poll is a national, so maybe isaac is still right about evangelicals in SC being 2-1 for Trump?

CNN poll from yesterday:
Trump: 42%
Cruz: 23%

Ahead.. and math is hard.. but still not 2-1.

Maybe this one from last Friday?
http://opinionsavvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/OS-SC-2.12.16.pdf

Trump gets 32.8%, Cruz gets 23.4%.

Darn, still can't hit that 2-1 number.
I believe that Iowa was/is proof that 'polls' don't mean schidt!

BYC hit it[for South Carolina].
You confuse caucus polling with primary polling. Vastly different. The RCP averages for NH and SC have been near spot on for NH and SC for elections past and were spot on for NH a week ago.

The Quinnipiac poll is a national, so maybe isaac is still right about evangelicals in SC being 2-1 for Trump?

CNN poll from yesterday:
Trump: 42%
Cruz: 23%

Ahead.. and math is hard.. but still not 2-1.

Maybe this one from last Friday?
http://opinionsavvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/OS-SC-2.12.16.pdf

Trump gets 32.8%, Cruz gets 23.4%.

Darn, still can't hit that 2-1 number.

2-1....2%

split the difference
You confuse caucus polling with primary polling. Vastly different. The RCP averages for NH and SC have been near spot on for NH and SC for elections past and were spot on for NH a week ago.

I feel that it's going to be much closer in SC than these polls are indicating.
He often misses the big picture. Cruz relies on the Evangelical vote and Trump is crushing him on that demographic. Cal's sophomoric retort is basically, it's not 2-1, it's 1.8 to 1. I understand his need to go there,though.
Ive always said the only poll that counts is the election... Time will tell winpoor
Look at history.

2012, SC went Gingrich over the GOPe preferred candidate, RINOmoney.
SC was ahead of the curve on not wantin an establishment candidate.

Explains all the latest numbers perfectly.
He often misses the big picture. Cruz relies on the Evangelical vote and Trump is crushing him on that demographic. Cal's sophomoric retort is basically, it's not 2-1, it's 1.8 to 1. I understand his need to go there,though.

I'm just trying to figure out where you're pulling your talking points from. It's hard to debate facts when one side isn't using them.

As here, when 3 sets of numbers are presented and you cherry pick the largest one.

It's almost as if the Trump team isn't logical, just running on emotion. Hmm.
Ted Cruz on Wednesday assailed Donald Trump for threatening legal action against his campaign, unloading on the Republican presidential front-runner ahead of the South Carolina primary.

"Donald Trump doesn’t want to be under oath answering questions about his own record because his position is anyone who points to his record is somehow lying. This threat and lawsuit is the very definition of frivolous," Cruz said at a press conference in South Carolina.

Trump’s campaign has sent a cease-and-desist letter to Cruz over an ad running in South Carolina that paints Trump as supportive of abortion rights. The ad features a clip from 1999 in which Trump calls himself “very pro-choice.”

"Bullying others and threatening frivolous lawsuits is one tool he's used. The bullying is not going to work here,” Cruz said.

New polls released Wednesday show Cruz trailing Trump by double digits in South Carolina. The state had been seen as favorable territory for Cruz due to its many conservative and evangelical voters, but Trump appears poised for a huge win in Saturday's primary.

A new Monmouth University poll gives Trump 35 percent support in South Carolina, nearly twice as much as Cruz, who received 19 percent.

Seeking to shake up the race, Cruz on Wednesday laid out a heated point-by-point argument about Trump’s past positions on abortion. He noted that Trump said last year that his sister would make a "phenomenal" Supreme Court justice.

"Who is his sister?" Cruz asked.

"A court of appeals judge appointed by Bill Clinton. His sister has an extreme left-wing record on the issue of abortion."

The Supreme Court has become a focal point of the presidential race following the death last Saturday of Justice Antonin Scalia.

Cruz went on to accuse another rival, Marco Rubio, of taking "parallel strategies" with Trump for refusing to engage in debate about his own record.

"Marco Rubio is behaving like Donald Trump with a smile," Cruz said.
wait... Trump sent a cease and desist order for a campaign ad which shows Trump actually saying what the campaign ad says?

Where did he find a lawyer that would do that? Oh.. wait.. lawyers. Never mind.

Appreciate it tho. Another example of Trump throwing a temper tantrum.
it won't be the last

he can do it with that 2-1 lead
Too funny, man.

Got any money on that?
You bet I do. How much you thinking?
20 bucks that Trump doesn't win by more than 9.9% Another 20 that Trump comes in second.

Riiight...

Trump- 31.7 Now.

Trump- 41.0 Dec. 14

From your source.

Trump

Quinnipiac 12/16 - 12/20 - 28%
Quinnipiac 2/2 - 2/4 - 31%
Quinnipiac 2/10 - 2/15 - 39%

Quinnipiac is a good poll but RCP is a combination of all the polls. Not saying one is better than the other but it is something to consider, if you choose to be objective.
Saturday is getting close Issac.

http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/02/15/south-carolina-race-close-cruz-catches-trump/
Originally Posted by Steve
20 bucks that Trump doesn't win by more than 9.9% Another 20 that Trump comes in second.

------------

Just saw this.

We're on, Steve.

edited to add sorry for delay.
Got it.

-------

Yeah, got ya'!
-----

Back to normal: Trump leads Cruz by double digits in new national, South Carolina polls

Hot Air
Feb 18,2016

In case you’re still wondering whether that bombshell WSJ/NBC poll last night showing Cruz ahead nationally was an outlier, here’s new evidence from CBS that it is. The numbers for Trump and Cruz here are right in line with virtually every other recent national poll:

Donald Trump (35 percent) continues to hold a commanding lead over the rest of the field, with a 17 point lead over his closest rival, Texas Senator Ted Cruz (18 percent). John Kasich (11 percent) has now risen to a virtual third-place tie with Marco Rubio (12 percent)…

Trump’s support cuts across nearly every demographic group in the Republican electorate. He holds a double digit lead among Republicans and independents, men and women, white evangelicals, and Americans of all income levels. He leads among Republican voters of all age and education levels, but does particularly well among voters without college degrees…

As attention shifts to the Supreme Court after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia, Republican primary voters are split between Donald Trump (25 percent) and Ted Cruz (25 percent) over who is most trusted to make appointments to the Supreme Court.
Where Trump has locked in support is on specific topics such as: Immigration, Economy, Foreign policy, winning the general, Conservatives, "Strength", and changing how Washington DC works.

Some of the leads on those topics are as much as +44% favorability over the rest of the field.
Rush Limbaugh

Laughin'.

Limbaugh was spot on. He just got Trump mixed up with Rubio.
Rush Limbaugh

Laughin'.
What a boob!
Limbaugh's been in the tank for the Cruzer.

Somebody needs to call his show on Monday and call Trump "Donaldus Magnus".

He'll drop dead right there in the studio.

------------

Just saw this.

We're on, Steve.

PM your mailing address and I'll get you the 40 clams.

damn....

wink

------------

Just saw this.

We're on, Steve.

PM your mailing address and I'll get you the 40 clams.

damn....

wink

Steve: I'm not sure I like all your politics, but I do like your honor. -tnscouter
© 24hourcampfire