Home
Posted By: BOWSINGER Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Hillary ain't the only one with legal problems. Even if she is indicted and drops out, the Dems are going to have a field day with this...

The New York state appeals court has green lighted the Trump University lawsuit.

The New York AG is “authorized to bring a cause of action for fraud” and through “their deceptive and unlawful practices, (Trump and the school) intentionally misled over 5,000 individuals nationwide, including over 600 New Yorkers, into paying as much as $35,000 each to participate in live seminars and mentorship programs with the promise of learning Donald Trump’s real estate investing techniques.”

Before the court enlarged the case to include over 5,000 plaintiffs, Trump said this is no big deal.
Trump told CNN February 25: “I could settle it right now for very little money, but I don’t want to do it out of principle.”
Meagan Kelly bitch slapped Trump over this issue. He looked pathetic.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Trump will never be in the court room this is what you pay big bucks to Lawyers for.
Posted By: isaac Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Since you have no idea as to how this process works, let me help you.

Bookmark your thread. Put it up again in 3-5 years when the litigation has run it's normal civil litigation course.

In the meanwhile, I think you should follow the advice of your latest fan Cruz and let there first be the trial then a verdict before you finally make up your mind.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Originally Posted by bea175
Trump will never be in the court room this is what you pay big bucks to Lawyers for.

Isaac maybe? Could explain a lot of things if so. grin
Posted By: Raeford Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Meagan Kelly bitch slapped Trump over this issue. He looked pathetic.

She did have her facts checked and ready....for Trump, but apparently not so much for any of the other three.
That's not really 'fair & balanced', but no one should expect that apparently.
Posted By: wdenike Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
[quote=BOWSINGER]Hillary ain't the only one with legal problems. Even if she is indicted and drops out, the Dems are going to have a field day with this...

The New York state appeals court has green lighted the Trump University lawsuit.

The New York AG is “authorized to bring a cause of action for fraud” and through “their deceptive and unlawful practices, (Trump and the school) intentionally misled over 5,000 individuals nationwide, including over 600 New Yorkers, into paying as much as $35,000 each to participate in live seminars and mentorship programs with the promise of learning Donald Trump’s real estate investing techniques.”

Before the court enlarged the case to include over 5,000 plaintiffs, Trump said this is no big deal.
Trump told CNN February 25: “I could settle it right now for very little money, but I don’t want to do it out of principle.”

So an AG from a democratic state ok'd a CIVIL fraud lawsuit. On a republican, that just happens to be the front runner in a republican primary. All the while the Hilda bitch is running around. While the FBI and DOJ seems to be dragging their arses to bring a real criminal to justice. Quit drinking the bong water!! You'll have to do better than this.

Take care, Willie
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Originally Posted by isaac

Bookmark your thread. Put it up again in 3-5 years when the litigation has run it's normal civil litigation course.

In the meanwhile, I think you should follow the advice of your latest fan Cruz and let there first be the trial then a verdict before you finally make up your mind.

This case is already at least 3 years old and is the first of at least 3 cases in at least 2 states that will start later this summer during the election.

by Deroy Murdock March 3, 2016 9:21 PM Donald “D-minus” Trump won big on Tuesday evening, but lost big on Tuesday morning. Before scoring victories in seven primaries, Trump suffered a legal setback that could explode in his face later this election year.

A four-judge appellate-court panel in Albany rejected Trump’s motion to dismiss Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s (D., N.Y.) $40 million fraud lawsuit on behalf of some 5,000 students who spent up to $35,000 at Trump University. They learned little, and now ask — as Billy Joel once did — “Is that all you get for your money?”

The judges unanimously cleared this case for trial. Thus, the potential Republican presidential nominee soon could address twelve Manhattan jurors under oath, rather than 12,000 Michigan voters under blue skies.

“I’ve won most of the lawsuits,” Trump told CNN February 25. “I could settle it right now for very little money, but I don’t want to do it out of principle.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432328/donald-trump-trump-university-lawsuits-are-headed-court

Posted By: Greyghost Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that one of the cases was a criminal case naming officers and Trump himself for fraud and deceptive advertising and the like.

Phil
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Ted Cruz took the fact-bat to trump he must be hurting this morin
Originally Posted by bea175

Sorry Ace, but Trump has already testified under oath and answered questions about his sworn depositions.

3/3/16 The Washington Post: “The depositions were released Thursday as exhibits attached to a filing in the latest legal wrangling in the long-running dispute. The new documents show that Trump spent considerable time personally engaged in the litigation, even in the heat of the campaign. He sat for one deposition in New York on Dec. 10 from 10:05 a.m. until 5:02 p.m. He then sat again for nearly three hours in Las Vegas, concluding the deposition just three hours before he appeared in front of a rally in the city.”

Trump and his lawyers lost and he will be back in court during the election. Two more cases pending in California. If he settles before then, the Democrats will still have a lot to talk about...
Posted By: kingston Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
It appears that legal troubles are essential to viable candidacy.
Amazing lack of grasp but, you run with it bowsie.

Keep those updates coming.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
There he goes again, talking about something he has no personal experience with.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Originally Posted by wdenike
[quote=BOWSINGER]Hillary ain't the only one with legal problems. Even if she is indicted and drops out, the Dems are going to have a field day with this...

So an AG from a democratic state ok'd a CIVIL fraud lawsuit. On a republican, that just happens to be the front runner in a republican primary. All the while the Hilda bitch is running around. While the FBI and DOJ seems to be dragging their arses to bring a real criminal to justice. Quit drinking the bong water!! You'll have to do better than this.

Take care, Willie
Trump was a liberal democrat while committing the fraud
Originally Posted by wdenike

Take care, Willie

The fact that it IS a democratic state is one more reason the fraud lawsuit WILL happen during the election.

Any kind of legal trouble during a campaign is not good news.
Just ask Hillary.
Trump and his lawyers lost and he will be back in court during the election. Two more cases pending in California. If he settles before then, the Democrats will still have a lot to talk about...
So will the conservatives, even though we already had most of this figured out. cool
Trump and his lawyers lost and he will be back in court during the election.
-------------

Hilarious.

So an AG from a democratic state ok'd a CIVIL fraud lawsuit. On a republican, that just happens to be the front runner in a republican primary.
Two things: this has been under investigation longer than Hillary's server thing has, and Trump is no republican. He's just pretending to be one. Badly.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/04/16
Trump has got an "in" with Clinton appointed judges

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldrepo...inst-george-soros-and-donald-trump/17232

-------------

Hilarious.

Hey we agree! It tickles me, too. grin
Originally Posted by RickyD
-------------

Hilarious.

-------------

For different reasons, no doubt.

Do me a favor though. Keep us updated on these trial proceedings that occur during the election, if you don't mind.

This is too easy!
You can count on it.
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Tarla Makaeff has had enough of Donald Trump after spending six years fighting him in court.

The Southern California yoga instructor wants to withdraw from a federal class-action lawsuit that says Trump University fleeced students with an empty promise to teach them real estate. Her lawyers said the Republican presidential front-runner and his team have put her "through the wringer" and made the prospect of a trial unbearable. A judge will consider the request Friday, four days before Florida and Ohio hold their primaries.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/08/16
If there is a slower moving court system than NY, I don't know what it is. That case is years away from trial, particularly with all the added plaintiffs.

And for the Great Unwashed, there's a far cry from being deposed and being in court.

Just saying, because I don't care about this case in the least.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/08/16
Well, thank goodness some time has passed, otherwise those BBB complaints which were filed against the "university" would not have lapsed and they would still show a D- rating instead of the meaningless A rating they currently show. (That Trump, he's a good and honest man alright.)

(My info from lapdog Rush Limbaugh's IED network. laugh )
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Trump is Going to Court - 03/08/16
-------------

Hilarious.

What exactly did he "lose"?
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
-------------

Hilarious.

-------------

For different reasons, no doubt.

Do me a favor though. Keep us updated on these trial proceedings that occur during the election, if you don't mind.

This is too easy!

4/26/16/ FOX News: NY judge decides Trump University case going to trial
A New York judge decided Tuesday that a fraud case against Donald Trump over his former school for real estate investors will go to trial – raising the possibility that the Republican presidential primary front-runner could testify during campaign season.

New York County Supreme Court Judge Cynthia Kern made the decision at a hearing Tuesday, though it remains unclear whether the case will be weighed at a jury trial – which is what Trump’s team is seeking. Trump attorney Jeffrey Goldman said it’s possible the trial could be held this fall, and Trump could testify.
Posted By: isaac Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Just give us the summer trial date when you can, Columbo.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16

I miss Columbo.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Someone get on Pacer and try to find a scheduling order.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Whooppeee this is huge.

Some interlocutory order doing what? Expanding the class and we go to trial? Gee that's enormous.

Big deal. You'd have to be a layman to get jollied up over this POS.

Most of the plaintiffs are stiffs, part of a class and the whole thing is orchestrated by a bunch of lawyers who took the case on the come (contingent fee).....because there is no way you're gonna get 5000 plaintiffs to keep up with legal fees LOL!

No wonder Trump said he could settle cheap...the lawyers will want to get paid.

I would rather have this as a problem than Hillay's situation. That's real....this is a huge joke.

Judge sets Trump University hearing for first day of GOP convention
By Josh Gerstein 4/26/16

As the Republican National Convention kicks off this summer, political mavens will be focused on the maneuvering in Cleveland, but it might be worth keeping an eye on happenings some 2000 miles away in a federal courtroom in San Diego.

A federal judge announced this week that on the first day of that convention he plans to convene an important hearing on a class-action lawsuit against Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump and his Trump University real estate seminar program.

U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel issued an order Monday setting the July 18 hearing on a move by Trump's lawyers to toss out the Cohen v. Trump case. The judge also plans to take up other motions, including one asking that the case be stripped of its class-action status.

In a series of public appearances in February, Trump said Curiel seemed to be biased against him because the judge "happens to be Spanish" and could be expected to disagree with Trump's strong statements against illegal immigration.
The real estate mogul said he might move to disqualify Curiel, but no such motion has been made and Trump's attorney did not raise any issues about the judge during a hearing last month. (Curiel, who was born in Indiana, is of Latino origin.)

Curiel is also considering when to set a trial in a related case involving people in three particular states who paid up to $35,000 to take part in the Trump University program.
There has been discussion of a trial in June or August, but at last month's hearing Curiel seemed uncomfortable with the idea of a jury trial during the campaign if Trump remains an active candidate. Another hearing on that scheduling issue is set for next week.

Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
That is a pretrial hearing. Trump won't be there.
Posted By: add Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by kroo88

I miss Columbo.

More so than the gray matter?
Posted By: 16bore Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Trump University is a success because Cruz got schooled...
Posted By: kciH Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Apparently the trauma brought about by witnessing "his girl" on the Donald has driven the OP off the edge.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RobJordan Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
This suit has been in the works for along time----way before Trump announced his candidacy. The larger question is what special kinds of morons nominate a guy with this kind of baggage?

From an article summarizing the complaint: "Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers' advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm," Schneiderman said. "Trump University, with Donald Trump's knowledge and participation, relied on Trump's name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand."

And it doesn't look like "the Donald" is finished yet fleecing the "uninformed, unintelligent and easily led". Hell, he's done a nice job of it on this forum!
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by RobJordan
This suit has been in the works for along time----way before Trump announced his candidacy. The larger question is what special kinds of morons nominate a guy with this kind of baggage?

From an article summarizing the complaint: "Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers' advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm," Schneiderman said. "Trump University, with Donald Trump's knowledge and participation, relied on Trump's name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand."

And it doesn't look like "the Donald" is finished yet fleecing the "uninformed, unintelligent and easily led". Hell, he's done a nice job of it on this forum!

laffin.....so naive.
Posted By: add Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
The .gov slug, doth type.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
That is a pretrial hearing. Trump won't be there.

Curiel is also considering when to set a trial in a related case involving people in three particular states who paid up to $35,000 to take part in the Trump University program. There has been discussion of a trial in June or August, but at last month's hearing Curiel seemed uncomfortable with the idea of a jury trial during the campaign if Trump remains an active candidate. Another hearing on that scheduling issue is set for next week.

A state judge in New York held a hearing Tuesday in yet another case relating to the now-defunct Trump University education program.
The judge rejected a bid by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman for an immediate ruling in the state's favor. The decision appeared to clear the way for a trial in the coming months, although a pending request from Trump's side for another appeal could forestall that.

Trials in any of the cases have the potential to force Trump off the campaign trial and onto the witness stand. And even if he is not present, they would be a significant distraction for the potential GOP nominee.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/under...y-of-gop-convention-222468#ixzz46zYaSY8x
Posted By: kciH Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Sad to see such a bitter clinger...hell hath no fury like a disillusioned Palin fantasizer.
Posted By: RobJordan Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by kciH
Sad to see such a bitter clinger...hell hath no fury like a disillusioned Palin fantasizer.

If Bow were a Palin fantasizer he'd be supporting her candidate, but he's not. Clear it up for you? laugh
A New York judge decided Tuesday that a fraud case against Donald Trump over his former school for real estate investors will go to trial

Is this not a case of repeating yourself in the same sentence? miles
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by milespatton
A New York judge decided Tuesday that a fraud case against Donald Trump over his former school for real estate investors will go to trial

Is this not a case of repeating yourself in the same sentence? miles

Only if you don't know anything at all about real estate investment.
My thought are that selling real estate is rife with fraud just like selling cars. Investing is enabling the same. miles
Posted By: Redneck Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Any businessman with the holdings DT has will end up in court.. No big deal, no matter what the dems try to do with it..

THEY better be worried about TFP who absolutely SHOULD end up in court with charges severe enough to ensure she will face 25-to-life wearin' a 'large' orange jump suit..
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by Redneck
Any businessman with the holdings DT has will end up in court..

He's been sued about 180 times.
Originally Posted by milespatton
My thought are that selling real estate is rife with fraud just like selling cars. Investing is enabling the same. miles

Isn't that just ridiculous.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by BobinNH

laffin.....so naive.
Yes you are, but glad you can laugh about it. The country won't be. At least conservatives living here won't be.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Redneck
Any businessman with the holdings DT has will end up in court..

He's been sued about 180 times.

So which is worse? For the country?
Being sued for major fraud during his campaign or after he is elected?

laffin.....so naive.
Yes you are, but glad you can laugh about it. The country won't be. At least conservatives living here won't be.

Never seen an attorney who knew less about the law than you do. Pathetic....meaning "you". You may fool some people with the BS you post on here but be assured I'm not one of them.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16

This.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by DocRocket

This.

It has been on course since 2013 and all of Trump's lawyers have lost so far...
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by DocRocket

This.

It has been on course since 2013 and all of Trump's lawyers have lost so far...

Whooooo....ominous. How devastating.

Based on last night's results, it seems no one GIS.
As Trump has 43% nationally with POSSIBLE REPUBLICAN VOTERS, lots of people GAS. That's less than 22% of the general electorate. The only way he could win would be if the Democrat candidate dies the day before the election.
Posted By: isaac Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
As Trump has 43% nationally with POSSIBLE REPUBLICAN VOTERS, lots of people GAS. That's less than 22% of the general electorate. The only way he could win would be if the Democrat candidate dies the day before the election.

=================

That's absurd, Pat.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Hillary ain't the only one with legal problems. Even if she is indicted and drops out, the Dems are going to have a field day with this...

Cry baby Trump is always going to court about something or the other
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
I could explain that all Trump's lawyers have "lost" so far are motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgement. I could explain that Defendants rarely win those because they basically have to prove that an act or omission didn't happen or for whatever reason the lawsuit is groundless. Proving something didn't happen is much more difficult than proving it did and the law is set up so that the judge must give maximum consideration for Plaintiff's allegations. I could explain all that. But I doubt that it would keep the usual suspects from crowing about how Trump keeps "losing".

I could explain that all Trump's lawyers have "lost" so far are motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgement. I could explain that Defendants rarely win those because they basically have to prove that an act or omission didn't happen or for whatever reason the lawsuit is groundless. Proving something didn't happen is much more difficult than proving it did and the law is set up so that the judge must give maximum consideration for Plaintiff's allegations. I could explain all that. But I doubt that it would keep the usual suspects from crowing about how Trump keeps "losing".

True. Hard to explain this to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Posted By: JoeBob Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16

True. Hard to explain this to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

I could then explain that Trump's $1000 an hour lawyers aren't really "losing" anything but rather fighting a protracted war of attrition as they churn those files and file motion after motion forcing the other side to respond and dragging it out over years and years.

=================

That's absurd, Pat.

How so?
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
You, Joe Bob, and Isaac demonstrate to everyone what oil promoters have always known........... Lawyers are the easiest marks you can find.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16

laffin.....so naive.

Never seen an attorney who knew less about the law than you do. Pathetic....meaning "you". You may fool some people with the BS you post on here but be assured I'm not one of them.
What my post has to do about the law exists only in your mind. Sophomoric insults, too. BTW, I'm not a lawyer or gave any indication I am.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You, Joe Bob, and Isaac demonstrate to everyone what oil promoters have always known........... Lawyers are the easiest marks you can find.

Problem you got is....we haven't been wrong about anything yet....LOL!

Go Cruz!

RickyD i might have mistaken you for that other Establishment Conservative on here. That you aren't a lawyer...explains a lot.
Oh, y'all are wrong, alright. It just has not yet been revealed to you.

If Trump gets the Nomination, then loses to Hillary, you were wrong for not backing a Conservative in the Primaries.

If Trump becomes President, you will be proven wrong for supporting a White Obama.

Y'all own the bastard.
Posted By: isaac Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Talk about easy marks.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Somehow, this doesn't quite seem to be in the same class as mishandling top secret information or selling influence to foreign governments while Secretary of State.

To Libs, of course, those are qualifications, not character defects.

Personally, I think Donald should settle and put this to bed, even if he or his minions didn't do anything crooked.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Somehow, this doesn't quite seem to be in the same class as mishandling top secret information or selling influence to foreign governments while Secretary of State.

To Libs, of course, those are qualifications, not character defects.

Personally, I think Donald should settle and put this to bed, even if he or his minions didn't do anything crooked.

Amazing how so few people want to pay attention to THAT, isn't it?
Oh, y'all are wrong, alright. It just has not yet been revealed to you.

If Trump gets the Nomination, then loses to Hillary, you were wrong for not backing a Conservative in the Primaries.

If Trump becomes President, you will be proven wrong for supporting a White Obama.

Y'all own the bastard.

"White Obama" was Rubio. The GOPe even touted him and had him in media that way. First term Senator, "immigrant" parentage, "good looking", quite possibly homo or bisexual, no political record behind him at all, promising all manner of things that couldn't be delivered, etc.

As for "owning" anyone; whomever the R nominee is will be the choice against Hitlery. Vote R, or by default give Hitlery an additional 1/2 vote advantage in your state. The math is pretty damned simple.
Originally Posted by 4ager

As for "owning" anyone; whomever the R nominee is will be the choice against Hitlery. Vote R, or by default give Hitlery an additional 1/2 vote advantage in your state. The math is pretty damned simple.

Yeah exactly.

The problem on here is people confuse "predictions" with "convictions" and they aren't the same. This whole Trump/Cruz thing is turning out pretty much exactly as a lot of us figured it would.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Yeah exactly.

The problem on here is people confuse "predictions" with "convictions" and they aren't the same. This whole Trump/Cruz thing is turning out pretty much exactly as a lot of us figured it would.

As it has been from the beginning, I'll back whomever the R nominee happens to be - because the alternative is Hitlery.

I voted Cruz in the primary here, would do so again if he were the nominee, but will just as readily vote R if Trump is the nominee in November.

It's about beating Hitlery, and the only way to do that is vote R no matter who the nominee might be. All the cheerleading and other horsechit is self-defeating; concentrate on attacking Hitlery and worry about the other schit later.
Posted By: Deflagrate Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16
Exactly. Truly being true to your convictions is stopping the leftists and their agenda. My candidate isn't in the running. I have reservations about the front runner. However, I will swallow my pride and vote for the nominee.
Staying home or giving a protest vote on conviction is one less vote against Hillary.
Please go to the polls, swallow it down if you have to, then vote for the R nominee.
Remember Ross Perot? Remember when Paul Sr. ran as an Indie? Please don't split the vote and hand the Clintons another win.
The media kept hammering at the weak sisters that nobody was gonna vote for Perot, y'all voted for Bush and gave us Clinton.I voted for Perot and was proud to do it.

There were several Conservatives to choose from at the outset of this primary season but the "man love" phenomenon coalesced around Trump and here we are.

If the only choice is between two Liberals, Trump and Clinton, money and time is better spent on the House and Senate races.

It will be a cold day in hell when I vote for a N Y Liberal for POTUS.
Posted By: 86thecat Re: Trump is Going to Court - 04/27/16

.....If Trump becomes President, you will be proven wrong for supporting a White Obama......

A white Obama would be held within Constitutional constraints by the other branches of government. No way Trump will be able to get away with 1% of what Obama has done.
© 24hourcampfire