Home
Posted By: SCT Dog defends sheep from wolves - 03/04/16
Ran across this old video on youtube.
I thought some of you might enjoy it.
I wonder if it was staged somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatQSKaUIQQ
The Caucasian Ovcharka of the day. You don't mess with anything that they are guarding. Very similar in stopping power to a Kurdish Kangal.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Very similar in stopping power to a Kurdish Kangal.

I was thinking Freight Train but that'll do.
The Caucasian Ovcharka of the day. You don't mess with anything that they are guarding. Very similar in stopping power to a Kurdish Kangal.

According to the comments, it's not an ovcharka, but rather a cousin, sarplaninac. I've 2 of them. Cool dogs for sure.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

According to the comments, it's not an ovcharka, but rather a cousin, sarplaninac. I've 2 of them. Cool dogs for sure.

A wolf would never know the difference between the two.

I remembers when you posted about getting those pups! Least I thought it was you!!! Somebody here on the fire was getting the pups. I remember the video! What has azz dogs!!! Got to love em!!!
Originally Posted by SCT
" ...
I wonder if it was staged somehow."

Yes, no doubt about it. wink

L.W.

Very cool. Amazing how the sheeple just waited in line to be murdered.
Maybe they just happened to have cameras out in the woods where the dog was.
The wolves look like oversized coyotes. They're not nearly as big as our 'native' gray wolves.

Speaking of which, when are we going to see some pics of these killer mo fo's? smile
We had a Caucasian for a while. He was quite the dog.
My dog is very white.
that 1 dog was a killer. the others like to dance around.

ked
Originally Posted by Long_Duck_Dong
My dog is very white.

My dong is also very white.

Lily even.
My dog is name "two poops". Dog smell very bad, butt wind.

So bad.
Originally Posted by Scott F
We had a Caucasian for a while. He was quite the dog.

I like checking that box
That dog seem to take his time with the second wolf and appeared to enjoy his work.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The wolves look like oversized coyotes. They're not nearly as big as our 'native' gray wolves.

Wolves up here in the Great Lakes Basin are about the same size, I usually have a couple incidental catches every year. Largest maybe 100 lbs. most 50 - 70 lbs, not like the "non-native" species in western states.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Very cool. Amazing how the sheeple just waited in line to be murdered.

Trump voters. laugh
The dog reminds me of Trump going after Cruz and Rubio
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

The wolves in Europe/Central Asia are not as big as the gray wolf, plus they seldom have packs larger than 4-6 individuals. That's why the Mongolians can successfully hunt wolves with Golden Eagles.

It will be interesting to see how the Kangal breed that is being imported to the US holds up against the gray wolf.

Apparently the Pyrenees isn't working against gray wolves.

Casey
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

I remembers when you posted about getting those pups! Least I thought it was you!!! Somebody here on the fire was getting the pups. I remember the video! What has azz dogs!!! Got to love em!!!

Originally Posted by Rooster7

Speaking of which, when are we going to see some pics of these killer mo fo's? smile

Yeah, twas me. I'll get some pics up here soon. They're neat as hell, but really just giant furry puzzies still. But to be fair they are pups yet.
Good capture. Defense among most stock means the group huddles and hopes it's ones neighbor that gets picked off. Among canids, one gets submissive and hopes the attacker quits. Doesn't work out well when the attacker follows through.
© 24hourcampfire