Home
One perk for those 62 years of age.

Senior Pass
$10 Lifetime pass
For U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using this application form. The cost of obtaining a Senior Pass through the mail or online is twenty dollars ($20). Ten ($10) for the Senior Pass and ten ($10) for processing the application. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship.
May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services.
Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
One of the best senior travel bargains anywhere is a low-cost lifetime national park pass that admits seniors free of charge to most U.S. national parks, forests, refuges, monuments and recreation areas, from Denali National Park in Alaska to the Florida Everglades.

Senior Pass Eligibility
As part of the American the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass program, U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are at least 62 years old can purchase a Senior Pass for a one-time processing fee of $10. This Senior Pass to national parks and lands offers benefits to you and your traveling companions.

Senior Pass to National Parks Benefits

In National Parks that charge an entrance or standard amenity fee, the Senior Pass admits you and the passengers in your car or other private vehicle.
In National Parks where a "per person" entrance fee is charged, the Senior Pass admits you plus three other adults (who need not be seniors). This is an especially good deal if you are also traveling with grandchildren, because children under 16 have free admission.
Good to know. might hafta go back to Yellowstone fishing....
Thanks for the 411
I'll be taking advantage of it for sure. I will be retiring in western colorado in a few years and it will be 12 hour drive or less to 11 national parks.
I have had ours for 10 years or so
Thanks!
Had mine for a bit. I use it at Shenandoah National Park (Skyline Drive). The North entrance is about 40 minutes away, but we usually get on at Panorama where the Drive meets Rt. 211.

SNP is very accessable, being long and narrow, with several access points, multiple overlooks, and lots of trails suitable for day hikes. While some of them are a little tough, many are easy enough for kids and geezers to enjoy.

Big Meadows is a favorite area, where Indians used to perform periodic burns to benefit game populations to facilitate hunting. It's a great place to view deer and birds. A couple if years ago, I shot some pics and short videos of a nice buck with ear tags as he strutted his stuff for the ladies. I learned later that he had wandered out of the park during the deer season and someone hung him up.

Anyone that likes to travel or that has a park nearby needs to get one of these passes. You do need another ID with you to prove you're the actual passholder.

I've been using my Senior Pass for several years. Free admission to all Federal recreational facilities, i.e., National Parks, National Monuments, National Recreational Areas, National Museums, National Historic Parks, etc. Half price camping is included.

The original Golden Eagle Pass gave you free camping also. But those are no longer available.

KC

Thanks sir, for that info.

I will take advantage of it come September!

Geno
The pass is also good at Army Corp Engineer places. There is a ACE boat ramp near our camp on the Ouachita River, and they charge to use the ramp. With this pass, no charge. The $10 pass has paid for itself many time over, just at this one ramp.
We have had ours for many years and use it frequently. Hard to believe you can actually get a good deal on something from the government. wink

The last time I used my pass was earlier this week. I've had one for 14 years and have saved a lot on money. And I used the money I saved to buy beer so that the savings were well spent!

Steve

I always tell my dad that his pass is the only reason I invite him to go with me, haha.
Thanks for posting my secret.Now my camping neighbors will go from this....
[Linked Image]

to this...
[Linked Image]
I have ad my pass just short of five years. I have a pass that lets me camp for free in Oregon state parks too.
I sure got mine before the price went up!
I think it was our third year camping in Everglades Nat'l Park that the Ranger sid, "You look like you might be a senior", then told me all about the ten dollar pass. Not only the pass but our camping was 1/2 price. There are some perks to getting old. GD
$10 so they can spend the rest of their lives living tax free out of their Winnebagos in our National Parks. laugh
I wouldn't tread on Nazi Park Circus grounds with a written invitation from the bastards.
The "public" land that will never be paid off.
I thought everyone new about that pass. My better half got hers a few years ago. It's a good deal for sure.
I got mine at the Badlands in South Dakota in 2009. It allows entrance to all who are in the vehicle with the cardholder. Used it a bunch of times including the Little Bighorn battlefield, Yellowstone, and others. A great benefit for us older folks.
Hail to the public land. If not for pubic lands add a zero to your tags.
Yup - applied for mine a couple years ago and I keep it with my when traveling..
Had mine for a year now.

It's paid for its self many times over.

Just used it yesterday, to get into the Oregon Dunes and play with my V W Sand rail.

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by TAGLARRY
I always tell my dad that his pass is the only reason I invite him to go with me, haha.

Same here!!! grin
Originally Posted by KC

I've been using my Senior Pass for several years. Free admission to all Federal recreational facilities, i.e., National Parks, National Monuments, National Recreational Areas, National Museums, National Historic Parks, etc. Half price camping is included.

The original Golden Eagle Pass gave you free camping also. But those are no longer available.

KC

I have had mine for 19 years. They were free then but some of the YNP people have tried to get me to buy a new one. Fat chance!
© 24hourcampfire