Home
Just read this, and it just reaffirms my belief that many otherwise intelligent people simply have no common sense. If you're a veterinarian, just what would possess you to post a picture of the tomcat, that you just arrowed, on Facebook, and brag about it???

Texas Vet Fights To Keep License

A woman from Brenham who posted on Facebook about killing a cat with an arrow is fighting this week to keep her veterinary license.

Kristen Lindsey is taking part in an administrative hearing before the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners that is expected to last three days, KAGS-TV reports.

Lindsey sparked outrage in April 2015 when she posted a picture on Facebook in which she was holding an orange-and-white tomcat that had been shot in the head with an arrow.

“My first bow kill LOL,” the post said. “The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head! Vet of the year award … gladly accepted.”

Lindsey was later fired from the veterinary clinic she worked at.

A veterinary board committee recommended that her license be revoked, but she has been able to continue practicing as a vet while appealing her suspension.

Lindsey and the board attempted to reach a settlement in mediation last month, but their failure to do so resulted in this week’s hearing.

The board called witnesses Monday who said that the cat was their pet, Tiger, and not a stray, KAGS-TV reported.

An attorney for Lindsey argued that it was a different cat.

An Austin County grand jury declined to indict Lindsey on animal-cruelty charges in June.

I [bleep] hate cats. Your cat better not be in my yard. Want to keep it alive? Keep it inside.
Stupid move on her part. The Facebook posting, I mean. Shooting feral cats NBD.
Worlds gone nuts
The question is whether or not she did it legally. Terminal stupidity isn't grounds to lose her license.
Originally Posted by Chris_EOD
I [bleep] hate cats. Your cat better not be in my yard. Want to keep it alive? Keep it inside.

Don't misunderstand me. I have no problem with her killing the cat, as I've killed them before, and don't doubt that I will again. The Facebook post bragging about it, with pictures, is what put her squarely in the dumbazz category.
I've seen so many otherwise somewhat intelligent people totally screw themselves by posting stupid stuff on Facebook.
S,S,S. Not to bright to post it ANYWHERE on the internet nowadays.
Facebook isn't the only place that's overran with idiots.

Good thing there , though, is that whoever starts a thread has the ability to cancel out idiots that post BS on his thread.
Cats is cats.
Most of 'em need killin'.

I dunno.

I try to do my share of the work lain out before us but there's only so much one man can do.

All I know for sure, word to the wise, is if ya stick an arrow in one and he turns 2 complete flips don't report it on the Leatherwall.

Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Don't misunderstand me. I have no problem with her killing the cat, as I've killed them before, and don't doubt that I will again. The Facebook post bragging about it, with pictures, is what put her squarely in the dumbazz category.

Yeah I gotcha, I just wanted to bitch about cats. I loathe them. They are the liberals of the animal kingdom.
I'm not sure we should cower in the face of political correctness.
Dead cats need buried.

Deep!

Don't ever try to cook and eat one them nasty bastards.
Word to the wise.

We have a lot of cats that go missing locally. Very difficult to instill the dangers a free roaming cat may come across in his travels through others property and from various predators. Anytime I am asked I always shake my head and suggest Coyotes which we have in profusion... Who truly knows what happens and why would they put it on FB. Which is quite possibly the dumbest invention that ever made a Billionaire...

Regards, Matt.
Cats need lovin' too.

I'm glad to meet ya, Matt.

I know they won't be gettin' some from us.

The first 30 years we had cats. The wife loved them.
Burying those cats were dramatic funerals.
But the last cat peed on the bed.
When that cat died, the wife's eulogy was brief, "Sneakers, you were a lot of trouble." [turning to me] "You can fill in the hole." [walks away].

We have not had another cat in 10 years.
Archerhunter,
Unlikely...:) Always like to meet another Cat fan...(grin)

Decided to tone that down a touch, however, you know which way the wind blows. Actually had that .223 AI built for the purpose. I've found it is the small, four footed, things in life that make it truly enjoyable...(laughing)

Regards, Matt.
As if kicking the damn things from under your feet while trying to walk weren't enough, their piss is my least favorite smell on planet Earth.

Yep.
They need killin'.

I am very fond of cats. My cats roam around.
Be very careful, you bad asses, if you wish to harm my cats you may meet your match. I have weapons, too.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am very fond of cats. My cats roam around.
Be very careful, you bad asses, if you wish to harm my cats you may meet your match. I have weapons, too.
I could care less whether you have cats, like them, or whatever. If you let them roam, you are irresponsible in that regard. Maybe I should send my dog over to your yard to crap, pee, and kill stuff, Mr. Badazz...
Just read this, and it just reaffirms my belief that many otherwise intelligent people simply have no common sense. If you're a veterinarian, just what would possess you to post a picture of the tomcat, that you just arrowed, on Facebook, and brag about it???

A woman from Brenham who posted on Facebook about killing a cat with an arrow is fighting this week to keep her veterinary license.

Kristen Lindsey is taking part in an administrative hearing before the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners that is expected to last three days, KAGS-TV reports.

Lindsey sparked outrage in April 2015 when she posted a picture on Facebook in which she was holding an orange-and-white tomcat that had been shot in the head with an arrow.

“My first bow kill LOL,” the post said. “The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through its head! Vet of the year award … gladly accepted.”

A veterinary board committee recommended that her license be revoked, but she has been able to continue practicing as a vet while appealing her suspension.

Lindsey and the board attempted to reach a settlement in mediation last month, but their failure to do so resulted in this week’s hearing.

The board called witnesses Monday who said that the cat was their pet, Tiger, and not a stray, KAGS-TV reported.

An Austin County grand jury declined to indict Lindsey on animal-cruelty charges in June.

Obviously you're relatively new here. Posters have posted lots of pics over the years of offed kitties utilizing various methodology.
Tag
There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing feral cats and there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting pictures of your dead feral cat either.

This is just another example of PC gone insane.

Travis
I like how the neighbors tried to sue her for shanking their pet.

"Mom, have you seen fluffy?"

"I think he's speared to that tree over there...."
I don't hate cats, but I have to grudgingly admit that's pretty funny.

"The Comanches got Fluffy,".
I don't understand Facebook at all....
SSS is the best practice. Shoot, shovel and shut up.
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

The problem most people have is the last S...
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Obviously you're relatively new here. Posters have posted lots of pics over the years of offed kitties utilizing various methodology.

No, I've been around here a while, and have seen it. But, they were posted to a somewhat like minded audience, not posted, and bragged about, on bleeding heart Facebook.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

No, I've been around here a while, and have seen it. But, they were posted to a somewhat like minded audience, not posted, and bragged about, on bleeding heart Facebook.

Post it where ever you want. Thanks for letting the anti's win.
When I was a kid there were books on shooting at our Burien Satellite Library of the King County Library system.

In one of those books, it explained how a boy was to do "plinking" with a 22. One of the targets was a feral cat.

They probably got rid of that book before they got the unisex bathrooms.

The backlash was predictable. Dumb idea. Cute vet! smirk
Im having a deja vu moment

Wasnt this story posted about a year ago?
the OP link was the Dallas News dated yesterday so I think it's new.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

The problem most people have is the last S...

Amen !
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
Cute vet! smirk

This prompted me to go click the link in the OP.

"Cute" is an understatement! She looks like she slippped and fell into a giant puddle of Yummy!
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
the OP link was the Dallas News dated yesterday so I think it's new.
ok the date is for the story of the verdict recently decided.

The kill posting was april last year.

I knew my memory was scratching at something. I usually don't read postings more than 3 sentences. I just can't take my eyes off the hummingbird feeder that long.

Too funny... Feral cat killin' stories usually make me happy, this one is no exception.

The comments on that link are truly terrifying though. Yikes.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I just can't take my eyes off the hummingbird feeder that long.

Garden guns work great on hummingbirds.

Travis
Originally Posted by mtcurman

The comments on that link are truly terrifying though. Yikes.

yeah they are.

makes me want to go out an lance a tabby, and post it.
In the 80s I called up the county animal control supervisor. He told me that I have the right to shoot animals on my property that harass my animals. He warned me I will never get along with the owners again.

A neighbor, Leo, was in his 80s then and told me about the three S's, shoot, shovel, and shut up. He said he had only killed a few dogs chasing his chickens, but he had killed hundreds on his trapline. He maintenanced tractors for Smith farms, but before work he would walk his trap line. Any dog caught in the trap he would let go, unless it growled at him. If the dog growled, he smacked it over the head.

He was an interesting guy. He said at 15 he could whip anybody, and got a job working for a bootlegger during prohibition. He drove a Winton automobile on the back dirt roads from Canada to the US all the way down to Seattle.
Wife has two cats, good mice killers. I wouldn't mind hearing more about the ole timer and his drive on a Winton though.
Anyone on FaceBook, is a full blown retard.
First, last, and ONLY cat I ever fed anything other than lead was a kitten dumped on our lane. I shoulda run it over, but like an idiot, I gathered it up and took home. I thought we'd give it a away, but Wifey #1 decided to keep it.
I seldom miss, but that one had a charmed life. Neighbor finally got it in a leg hold trap and eliminated it after it killed his daughter's kitten.
7mm
Killing feral cats is a civic duty.

It's great fun too!

Pheasants quail and turkey are nesting out behind the shed and in the pasture and woodlot.

I shot two tomcats just last week about 15 minutes apart.
The first one's flipping and flopping and yowling must have lured the second into the clearing. While he was sniffing his dead buddy's carcass I pasted him.
Those two will never piss in my shed again.

The wife and I teamed up and got one last fall.
Our kids' little calico was in heat, that's the most excellent wild tom bait known to man.

I heard him caterwauling on the front porch and saw our cat up on the table hissing at him.

Told the wife give me a count of 90 to get out the back door and make ready then ease out the door and look at him. He'll bolt north around the house for the trees and I'll plug him when he jumps the fence.

Worked like a charm.
He landed over the fence, turned and looked at me, and I nailed him right between the eyes from about 4 yards.

He jumped 5 feet high and did 37 flip flops with blood spraying.
It was beautiful.

The wife stood there by the front porch laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes.

He'll never piss on our front porch again.

Originally Posted by 4ager
Anyone on FaceBook, is a full blown retard.

I'll respectfully disagree.

There are a long list of people on Facebook that are not "full blown retard."

Travis
Best thing about cats is it don't matter how many ya shoot.
We'll never run out of 'em.

We've always kept a spayed cat or two around for mice. They're outdoors, and if they go off the property, they're on their own. Exactly ONE has lasted 12 years... she don't go outside the lines much, and is a killing bitch. We've been through a BUNCH of others in that time. When one doesn't show up for a while I'm left to assume someone else pet her or fed her better and she adopted them... and we find a replacement.

Good on the gal for smoking Mr. Thomas with an arrow. Vets smoke trapped kitties that can't escape by the dumpsters full daily with a needle. At least she was sporting about it. Looks like he went quick. Last thing to cross his mind before he bought it was a broadhead.
Just found this. Appears to be the newest available.

Vet Cries At Hearing

On the second day of a hearing to determine whether she should lose her veterinary license, a Central Texas woman teared up as a former co-worker described how customers at a Brenham clinic still loved her.

Kristen Lindsey posted a controversial picture to Facebook in April 2015 in which she was holding an orange-and-white tomcat that she had shot in the head with an arrow.

At a hearing with the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners on Tuesday, Karen Chapman, who worked with Lindsey at the Washington Animal Clinic, said Lindsey had spoken to a doctor at the clinic about a feral cat she was having trouble with, KAGS-TV reported.

The doctor told Lindsey to “take care of it,” said Chapman, who also added that people in the area often shoot feral cats because it’s hard to trap and immunize them.

As Chapman went on to describe how customers of the veterinary clinic loved Lindsey, Lindsey started to tear up.

In other testimony Tuesday, a pair of veterinarians disagreed on how to deal with feral cats — and whether the cat in the controversial photo was feral.

Bill Folger, who works at Memorial Cat Hospital in Houston, said that such cats should be trapped and that he was “shocked, bewildered that a colleague could kill a cat like this.” He added that the cat may have still been alive when the photo was taken, based on the position of its legs.

Folger also testified that the cat appeared to be a well-fed, neutered male. He said he thought it was the same cat — Tiger — seen in pictures provided by Claire and William Johnson, who live near Lindsey.

But veterinarian Paul Smith, testifying by phone, said that the cat probably died instantaneously and that trapping feral cats is not a good idea.

On Monday, Lindsey said that the cat she shot was flea-ridden and had an odor. She admitted a photo into evidence Tuesday that she said showed it was not the same cat as Tiger.

For now, Lindsey can still practice as a vet, but a veterinary board committee has recommended that her license be revoked.

Both sides will submit closing statements in writing by early June, the VIN News Service reported. After that, the judges have 60 days to issue their recommendation to the board.
Them cats do jump real high when they get hit.
Myself, I kill everyone I see. Would much rather have quail and turkeys than a bunch of feral cats. Feral animals don't belong in the wild in my book. I try to keep a tidy place. :):):)
So if you don't happen to possess a veterinarian licence whats the penalty for killing your neighbors cat?

Originally Posted by jimy
So if you don't happen to possess a veterinarian licence whats the penalty for killing your neighbors cat?

No penalty if you keep quiet.

Just mail them their collar.

Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
Myself, I kill everyone I see. Would much rather have quail and turkeys than a bunch of feral cats. Feral animals don't belong in the wild in my book. I try to keep a tidy place. :):):)

Feral cats wreak havoc in their local ecosystem.
They displace natural occurring predators that belong there.
It's civic duty and the environmentally friendly thing to do.
Truth.

They do a great job on our mouse population. Have plenty of wild birds around too.

But probably because we keep the cat population to 2 that live in the big hay barn...

A barn/farm cat is not a feral cat.

Dave
Bull snake or rat snake is 10 times the mouser any cat could be. It goes places a cat can't.

Plus it isn't fat and lazy from being fed by humans.

fwiw & ime,
The hardest part about killing a feral cat is shot placement. If you are not VERY careful you will kill the miserable bastard right off... Done properly the flopping can quite therapeutic...(grin)

Regards, Matt.

Originally Posted by deflave
There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing feral cats and there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting pictures of your dead feral cat either.

Travis

That's right.

Travis

Travis,

She's a DVM. She has been trained in how to kill animals and what constitutes legal and ethical killing. She violated ethical practice by arrowing the cat. Anything but Sodium penta-barb IV would be open to question by the board. The board has little leeway in it's action in her case.

Personally, I have no problem with her shooting the cat with a bow or anything else for that matter. I have no sympathy for her getting hauled before the board and losing her license for being stupid enough to post that picture though. She had to know what would happen if it got back to the board.

As for the idiots on here who let their cats run loose so they can kill mice:

You know full good and well that people use poison to kill mice. You know cats eat mice, maybe not all they kill, but they all eat some of them. No small number of cats die from warfarin poisoning. Not as enjoyable as lead poisoning, but the fact it works is comforting though.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
S,S,S. Not to bright to post it ANYWHERE on the internet nowadays.

says it all, right there
Originally Posted by MILES58

She's a DVM. She has been trained in how to kill animals and what constitutes legal and ethical killing. She violated ethical practice by arrowing the cat. Anything but Sodium penta-barb IV would be open to question by the board. The board has little leeway in it's action in her case.

I'm not familiar with the oath they take but I don't see how arrowing a feral cat is illegal or unethical.

Wouldn't that mean that vets can't hunt?

Travis

people are bitching about using an arrow?

Hippocrates used to club them with a snake clued to a stick.

[Linked Image]
Got 3 cats. All indoors, all fixed, all of good disposition.
Litter box is in garage, cats go through little door to get there.

Won't have a mean or messy animal.

My oldest cat is almost 18. Gorgeous Himalayan. Been a wonderful pet.

Know what that means?

Yeah, I'd shoot her last.
Did the vet in question use a broadhead or a field tip?
The latter might be grounds for trouble.

I used to hunt ground owned by a vet. He told me everybody dumped ferals there thinking he'd take care of them. He told me what ones were his, and to shoot all the others.

Even said it OK to pop a couple of mean neighbor dogs that ran loose, just be sure to kill them, not wound them so he'd have to repair them later.

All those dumped cats, brought in coyotes. Stray pop was eaten, as were his own cats. One snatched off the deck while his kids watched from inside. Of course I arrowed a coyote the next day.

Knocked on the door and asked if he wanted to open it to check for his cat. He about flipped out! Pretty damn funny it was.

He just stammered and said "no no no, just haul it away".

Think he was stunned, since he told me the day before to kill any coyote I saw, and I smoked one........with my recurve.
Hookeye seems normal.

Dave
A barn/farm cat is not a feral cat.

Dave

Is this the trophy (cat)pic thread?
Yep.

Clark
barn cats are just that.they have the run of the farm. i can and do walk up and scratch them once in a while. if the go wild where i can't approach them they are feral cats. they go to the great mouse house via a 22 mag.
don't want a house cat because i feed birds and the sob's will hide at the base of the feeder and git my birds. the barn cats know that starlings(rats on the wing) are fair game but don't come to the house.
once in a while someone gets the bright idea that they can drop off a cat and Mr. farmer will take it in. i do. in a bag on the way to the ditch where the dead critters on the farm end up.
by the way , that slough is a great place to pop yodel dogs too!
© 24hourcampfire