Home
Posted By: crossfireoops Vet Medicine - 04/26/16
"Sunday Morning Coming Down"

The crosshead / Scotch arm atop the pump rod, on my solar driven pump.
It came down alright, and on a digit in the wrong place. blush
JUST missed the bone, took half the nail. At first view, I was LOOKING at the end of the bone.

Just photoed at 60 hours since sustained,....I've gotta toss out a rave review for:

" MicrocynAH (Animal Health) ...Wound and Skin Hrdrogel.
....All animal topical application to clean wounds, cuts,lacerations, abrasions, sores, & skin irritations. No alcohol,steroids, or antibiotics."

Worked yesterday and today, and have been re-dressing funky finger with same, pretty often...gotta' tell ya this stuff is GREAT !

[Linked Image]

GTC
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Vet Medicine - 04/26/16
I hate fingertip injuries! What ever I do, I always seem to bang the affected digit.

That sounds like some good stuff, Greg. Where did you find it?

Ed
Posted By: kciH Re: Vet Medicine - 04/26/16
[bleep], that's gonna leave a mark.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Vet Medicine - 04/26/16
Ouch. Finger injuries suck. I'm still dealing with one received 5 months ago.

If you wake up with a cone around your neck discontinue use.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 04/26/16
Local feed store, Ed. Everybody that's used it is pretty enthusiastic. If none over your way, I can fire some off.

I heal really fast, but this is almost spooky,.... that sucker was lopped /pinched off dead SQUARE, with a 3/16" HOLE in the end,...as noted,the end of the bone visible sick. I let it bleed a bunch, 'til it clotted up on it's own, this was no crazy glue case.

That's all new tissue, and there's just the tiniest of a vestige left of the "Hole".

Know what you mean about bumping it,....I've lost a coupla' weeks religion on this one.

Greg
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Vet Medicine - 04/26/16
Damn Greg,

That has to hurt.

I will be looking for some of that ointment. Thanks
Wrenched, welded, and millwrighted in the arctic and sub-arctic for many years.
That finger's been frozen FAR too many times,....if I hold an ice cold beer for a minute, it turns pale, almost blue.
Kind of a blessing now,...I'd expected it to hurt way worse,....
Sure as hell isn't going to throb because of built up pressure, either.

GTC
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Vet Medicine - 04/26/16
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
That finger's been frozen FAR too many times,....if I hold an ice cold beer for a minute, it turns pale, almost blue.

GTC

Same exact thing happens to 8 of my ten fingers. Had frost bite or very near a couple of times. My feet used to get cold even in summer until I switched to Merino wool socks. Wear them year round and no cold feet. Years ago when we were first married we had a red convertible Celica and my fingers would turn pale and blue on an 80 degree day because of the cool air flow. Anyway thanks for the tip, I'll grab some at the farm store next visit. Hope you continue to heal fast.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Damn Greg,

That has to hurt.

I will be looking for some of that ointment. Thanks

Not ointment,...sprays on wet, and than turns into a clear gel, cools and takes away "burn" RIGHT NOW,.....repeated spraying builds up a thick layer.

8 Oz. Spray bottle for $15.00

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beats the HELL outta' that purple "Wound Spray",....That stuff works, but MAN does it ever burn.
I don't even want to think about that blood stopper powder,....

Posted By: poboy Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Godspeed for healing Cross, Gonna be tender for awhile. If you start licking yourself you'll know it was a bad idea......

Only thing that perplexes me is the fact yer other fingernails are so clean.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16

GTC

eek cry
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Godspeed for healing Cross, Gonna be tender for awhile. If you start licking yourself you'll know it was a bad idea......

Actually cleaned it up for the photo

Scrubbing / Fingernail Brushing With an Injured Digit 101

* Cut a finger off of a Nitrile mechanic's glove
* Secure tightly around base of injured digit
* Wash, scrub, etc.

Caution: In the absence of a regular condom, do NOT anticipate this working very well as an emergency measure / substitute. Crossfire's health and wellness center promotes safe sex, and only patronage of chicks that carry their own condoms with em'.

Posted By: victoro Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Thanks for posting this. I'll get some of that stuff today! I could have used it many times in the past. I had an injury that looked like a lot that years ago on my left index finger that cut the nail completely in two and broke the bone. I'm sure you know you did the right thing by letting it bleed out.
Posted By: mathman Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Originally Posted by 12344mag

'Flave is buying it by the case. laugh
Posted By: ingwe Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Greg, is that stuff occlusive?

I have heard ( though I don't know cause Im not a Doctor...but I stayed at a holiday Inn Express last night...) that occlusive ointments aren't good to put on digits. Doesn't let oxygen get in and could accelerate infection.

If Im right, you'll know within a day, if not...Rock on! laugh

That looks like good stuff to me!
Posted By: 257wby Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Vetricin is what we use on the horse, the dog and the humans in our house. I suspect it's similar stuff. It works great on all of us!
Originally Posted by 257wby
Vetricin is what we use on the horse, the dog and the humans in our house. I suspect it's similar stuff. It works great on all of us!

Same company that makes this stuff.
Posted By: WillARights Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16

"Owie" is the word that comes to mind.

Hope it gets better Cross and its back to cleaning out ears in no time.

I also will look for that stuff.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
had no idea you were runnin low on axle grease Greg or I'd sent you some.

guess that stuff'll work in a pinch .
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
That looks good and clean. If your Tetanus is up to date you can concentrate on not putting that hand in your pocket.

You have not yet shared the first 10 words uttered post trauma.

mike r
Sunday Morning,....and it was pretty obvious that work on that pump was off the sched. for a while.
I bandaged it up, cahnged my shirt, and headed off to the Sierra Springs Church, Hereford Az.
Got there in time to line out with several other bust up folk.
Lady sitting beside me had a runt buckling wrapped in a towel, bottle feeding it.
Nice place, good sermons, fair music,....
Got another pic this AM,( right at 72 hours) after an hour of Sun and fresh air,....I'll post it in a bit.

GTC
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16

[Linked Image]

GTC

Don't do that smirk grin

My last boo-boo was bigger, as the guys at the Hog Hunt can attest...blush

[Linked Image]

8 weeks later, there is only scar tissue left...
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Crossfire's health and wellness center promotes safe sex, and only patronage of chicks that carry their own condoms with em'. [/color]

Those that bring their own raincoats always get first consideration.
Posted By: powdr Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Every man should have a tube of panalog in his first aid kit. Will take out infection in one day. Numbs the affected area and heals much faster. Get a tube from your vet. It will save a hunting trip. powdr
After feeding and morning chores, I dismounted a light bandage worn overnight last night, and let this minor wound get some Sun, and dry air (fulla' dust, pollen, and radioactive dust from bleepashima)

right at 72 hours, took these.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That little blackish red speck visible left of center is what's left of the hole within which the falange was peeking from.

[Linked Image]

I can't lay this all on the "vet medicine",....been pretty lucky, indeed blessed with good fast, and infection free healing most always.
This Vetricine / Microcyn Gel mojo sure seems to speed up regrowth of healthy tissue, though.

Semper Coonass,

GTC
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Vet Medicine - 04/27/16
Okay I'm convinced. I'm gonna dump the four or five tubes of Neosporin I got laying around and get a bottle of that stuff.
I've seen it on the shelf but didn't pay much attention to it.
It's on the list for my next trip to town.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Thanks for the tip, Buddy!

I'll be picking some of that stuff up. smile
Posted By: Scott F Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Ouch. Finger injuries suck. I'm still dealing with one received 5 months ago.

If you wake up with a cone around your neck discontinue use.

LMAO
Posted By: Scott F Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Sorry for the pain involved and thanks for the tip. That stuff will be in my first aid kit as soon as I can find some.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Thanks for the flashback?

Ouch!

Dayum if that don't make my eyes water a bit.

Dan

Posted By: mathman Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Okay I'm convinced. I'm gonna dump the four or five tubes of Neosporin I got laying around and get a bottle of that stuff.
I've seen it on the shelf but didn't pay much attention to it.
It's on the list for my next trip to town.

I think a lot of people over use Neosporin et al when more good would follow from keeping things clean and dry.
Posted By: Bugout4x4 Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Hard to take with you mobile, but Fresh Raw Aloe Vera sap will amaze you. smile Every Family in our Clan now keeps an Aloe Vera plant going just for things like this. The ability to almost completely remove any scarring is truly incredible!
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Is the clotting powder (ferrous sulfate) used to stop bleeding in animals safe and effective for humans? A big bottle at the farm store is 5 bucks which is a hell of a lot cheaper than quick clot.
Is the clotting powder (ferrous sulfate) used to stop bleeding in animals safe and effective for humans? A big bottle at the farm store is 5 bucks which is a hell of a lot cheaper than quick clot.

Hey! This is a Tinfoil Hat Bugout Question! I have been wondering this same thing for quite awhile now...I truly hope this is the case and I am seriously interested also!

Side note...When researching this very issue I came across super glue!

http://www.supergluecorp.com/blog/tag/topically-stop-bleeding/
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16
Been using super glue for minor shop cuts etc FOREVER,....it works, and if you get right on it, it works well. Best results are if one can get the stuff onto the cut BEFORE it starts to really bleed. The liquid stuff works best, but have used gel in the past.

Got a split fingernail ?....glue a piece of gauze or two (layered) with Loctite Super Bonder over it, and keep it trimmed as it grows out.

If this FUBAR had not clotted up on it's own, I certainly would have used Vet grade blood stopper, but MAN does that stuff ever HURT.

Can't see Aloe Vera doing what this stuff is doing, scrapes and burns ?....absolutely,not so hot on using it on anything deeper.

GTC
Been using super glue for minor shop cuts etc FOREVER,....it works, and if you get right on it, it works well. Best results are if one can get the stuff onto the cut BEFORE it starts to really bleed. The liquid stuff works best, but have used gel in the past.

Got a split fingernail ?....glue a piece of gauze or two (layered) with Loctite Super Bonder over it, and keep it trimmed as it grows out.

If this FUBAR had not clotted up on it's own, I certainly would have used Vet grade blood stopper, but MAN does that stuff ever HURT.

Can't see Aloe Vera doing what this stuff is doing, scrapes and burns ?....absolutely,not so hot on using it on anything deeper.

GTC

You would truly be surprised my Friend...I have personally witnessed it for many years now. It is now the first "Go To" with the Grandkids and ourselves. Especially for Burns, even Sunburn! It seals the wound fast and has natural antibiotic agents and is the best thing for quick healing and scar prevention I have found yet!

In my line of work I damage myself just about everyday. You really should give it a test run my Friend...I promise you will NOT be sorry! smile

http://www.cappersfarmer.com/farm-and-home/health-aloe-vera-heals-wounds-naturally.aspx

Started using aloe Vera at least 40 years ago,....no surprises on this end.

Question,....HOW do you sterilize Aloe Vera, before applying to an open wound ?

If I'm not mistaken, mine grow in DIRT.

Healing properties ? Si.

Antisepic Properties ? Lo siento, no tiene.

GTC
Pretty impressive lineup,....as far as I can see the chemistry is basically all about "taming" bleach.

Link: http://oculusis.com/

GTC
Started using aloe Vera at least 40 years ago,....no surprises on this end.

Question,....HOW do you sterilize Aloe Vera, before applying to an open wound ?

If I'm not mistaken, mine grow in DIRT.

Healing properties ? Si.

Antisepic Properties ? Lo siento, no tiene.

GTC

Wash wound well...split a pre-washed Aloe Vera leaf long ways with a clean instrument and apply. It naturally has both antiseptic and antibiotic qualities. I don't know about your DIRT Greg but mine is still sterile from last Summer's intense heat. smile

That's one thing about the Desert... smile
'Scuse me, did you just say WASH WOUND WELL ?

....please elaborate.

"Wash Wound" with what ?

GTC
I don't know about your DIRT Greg but mine is still sterile from last Summer's intense heat. smile

That's one thing about the Desert... smile

Sterile?

That's horsechit.

....and I have no problem starting a Petri dish or two to prove that.

All the dirt and dust on the Aloe sterile, too ?

GTC
Originally Posted by victoro
Thanks for posting this. I'll get some of that stuff today! I could have used it many times in the past. I had an injury that looked like a lot that years ago on my left index finger that cut the nail completely in two and broke the bone. I'm sure you know you did the right thing by letting it bleed out.

Yessir, I DO know that,....the most voracious and frightening creatures on the planet, MY antibodies, White corpuscles, hitting the potential invasion site en masse, and doing their job.

I also know that "washing the wound" would have been about the most stupid thing imaginable that I could have done at that point.

NOTHING but this Microsyn Gel has been applied to this wound intentionally,....can't deny that the dressings have gotten wet a time or two, and inadvertently oil soaked once. All I've done is apply, and reapply the rather impressive product that is the REAL subject matter of this post.

GTC

....please elaborate.

"Wash Wound" with what ?

GTC

A Brillo Pad and Water of course... smile
Hour 108,

Note the horrific discoloration, oozing putrid pus screaming for "antibiotics", no doubt precursor to amputation or lingering death.
Oh how I wish I'd washed it, when I had a chance, and than rubbed plant surface dirt on it.

Sarcasm off

Worked the crap outta' this hand today, the new tissue REFUSES to bleed. These new "non-stick" bandages are sure nice to have around.
The "Nexcare" ones sure seem to go the distance, and are lookin' to be good for initial dressings. Ran breathable sports bandages and horse leg wrap covering today,....fun getting a welding glove on and off.

NOTHING has been applied to this wound but the gel discussed, so far,...the areas adjacent are getting wiped with 98% iso alky, prior to re-dressing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cheers !

GTC
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16

That stuff stings like a BIIIIITCH.
Posted By: mathman Re: Vet Medicine - 04/28/16

Ferrous or ferric?

All I can say is the version my dentist used was some bitter tasting stuff.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 04/29/16
Looking at a 16 Oz. Jug of Agripharm (Westlake Tex.) Blood Stopper, label reads:

84% Ferrous Sulphate 7H2O.......84%
Ammonium Alum ...................5%
Chlorolxlyenol....................1%
Tannic Acid........................1%

must be some secret mojo makes up the other 9%.

GTC

Posted By: stxhunter Re: Vet Medicine - 04/29/16
i need to get some of that, i've been known to slice the tip of a finger on occasion with my carpet knife. have lost all the skin of the tips grouting tile without gloves also.

I've never dipped a finger in a lead pot, but imagine that 'twould be a similar level of discomfort.

....please elaborate.

"Wash Wound" with what ?

GTC

Crickets ?
Posted By: Bugout4x4 Re: Vet Medicine - 04/29/16

....please elaborate.

"Wash Wound" with what ?

GTC

Crickets ?

Not with a Brillo Pad for sure! I was being cantankerous in return Greg. smile

It has become common practice in modern first aid to at least rinse out a wound well with clean water before treating. It hurts like hell but a good preventative practice because your finger might have also been dirty before you injured it.

Your water there is clean right? smile
A.) Define "Clean" water

B.) Explain how after a healthy bleed out, and good strong clotting,...... rinsing away all of a healthy body's internal defense products ( Vitamin Ks and antibodies ) from the zone most needed is contributory to immediate healing and tissue regeneration.

Are you mounting some kinda' high horse and suggesting that anything I've done here in the treatment of this wound is in some way INFERIOR to what you're espousing ?

....cuz' it sure the fugg comes across as such.

GTC

Posted By: Owl Re: Vet Medicine - 04/29/16
Hows the finger coming along. No pics for a day or two.

PM me with the brand names of that stuff. I need to check the local feed stores in Mesa & Phoenix,

Jeff
Originally Posted by Owl
Hows the finger coming along. No pics for a day or two.

PM me with the brand names of that stuff. I need to check the local feed stores in Mesa & Phoenix,

Jeff

Jeff,....pics at top of this page were taken last night ( hour 108 since sustaining ) after a hard day's work. I'd bandaged it about 10-11 hours earlier, after repeated heavy sprays with the Microcyn Gel. I USED that hand a lot through the day, and the wounded finger got LOTS of exercise.
I removed the bandage, and the photos were taken immediately. I could squeeze the end of that finger and it would neither bleed, or exude any lymph. One can see from the color that gangrene's not set in.

GTC
A.) Define "Clean" water

B.) Explain how after a healthy bleed out, and good strong clotting,...... rinsing away all of a healthy body's internal defense products ( Vitamin Ks and antibodies ) from the zone most needed is contributory to immediate healing and tissue regeneration.

Are you mounting some kinda' high horse and suggesting that anything I've done here in the treatment of this wound is in some way INFERIOR to what you're espousing ?

GTC

Of course not my Friend. I would not disrespect you like that, especially over something like this. I merely shared another very good treatment option for things like this that ALSO works well and you got defensive about it by questioning my additional option.

Looks like your stuff did the trick very well Greg and in no way was I trying to compete with your treatment just sharing another very good treatment with everyone. If you are going to take things the wrong way I will just stay out of your hair from now on Sir.

Out...
Posted By: Otter Re: Vet Medicine - 04/29/16
Originally Posted by poboy
Thanks for the tip.

Very punny laugh !!!

I've had two memorable "finger" incidents . . . I think the stuff crossfire touts would have been very helpful with one - not so much the other. Got my push stick too close to the blades on leaf side of the chipper-shredder last year, it kicked back into the palm-side base of my index finger and ripped the flesh down to the bone. Hurt like the dickens for several days but healed quite well after several weeks with mostly restraint of movement and range of motion.

My left thumb got into an argument with my table saw 22 years ago and took off the end at the base of the nail. The spray on ointment would NOT have helped that at all !!! Every time I reached for something with my left hand (after the first few months) it seemed I was leading with the end of my shortened thumb. Hurt like crazy and would nearly drop me to my knees . . . Had to "re-learn" how to button shirts and tie shoes. It still hurts when it is cold outside.
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
A.) Define "Clean" water

GTC

Of course not my Friend. I would not disrespect you like that, especially over something like this. I merely shared another very good treatment option for things like this that ALSO works well and you got defensive about it by questioning my additional option.

Looks like your stuff did the trick very well Greg and in no way was I trying to compete with your treatment just sharing another very good treatment with everyone. If you are going to take things the wrong way I will just stay out of your hair from now on Sir.

Out...

I'll not dispute the efficacy of herbal and botanical medicine,....and have a pretty fair backround in such myself.

What comes across as kinda' jivey, and confrontational is the mixmaster approach evident in the combination of old lore (Aloe Vera) with "Modern accepted practice",....or WTF you called this "clean water" bit.

All butt hurt now, you are apparently not ABLE to define "clean water" or answer my other question.

I smell a puzzy

GTC
Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
A.) Define "Clean" water

GTC

Out...

I'll not dispute the efficacy of herbal and botanical medicine,....and have a pretty fair backround in such myself.

What comes across as kinda' jivey, and confrontational is the mixmaster approach evident in the combination of old lore (Aloe Vera) with "Modern accepted practice",....or WTF you called this "clean water" bit.

All butt hurt now, you are apparently not ABLE to define "clean water" or answer my other question.

I smell a puzzy

GTC

Man...that's rough Greg. lol Somehow I thought we were Friends man, I have backed your play here a LOT. I know now that if you post a thread it is all about "You" and there is to be no other suggestions or optional input "Allowed" at all.

Cool...no problem...If this is how you chose to treat "Supportive" Friends who "like you and respect you" I can Roll with this too... smile
Posted By: KuiLei Re: Vet Medicine - 04/29/16
Don't sweat Greg. 2-3 times a month he has to get his Gooch on over some imagined slight...
Originally Posted by KuiLei
Don't sweat Greg. 2-3 times a month he has to get his Gooch on over some imagined slight...

I have already noticed this before. smile No problem and if it helps his Finger feel better to dump on me, then he is absolutely welcome to do so all he likes.

His Finger needs to get healed no matter what it takes! I'm all in for him feeling better. smile
Originally Posted by KuiLei

Perhaps it's due to my lack of clean water and sterile soil.

Probably that, and an innate loathing for condescending horsechit.

GTC

Man...that's rough Greg. lol Somehow I thought we were Friends man, I have backed your play here a LOT. I know now that if you post a thread it is all about "You" and there is to be no other suggestions or optional input "Allowed" at all.

Cool...no problem...If this is how you chose to treat "Supportive" Friends who "like you and respect you" I can Roll with this too... smile

Lemme square you away about something, Medicine Man.

Had you written, "Irrigate the wound with sterile saline from a sterile syringe,a mild solution of Gentian Violet, or Betadine Povadone Iodine " as opposed to some dumbass, "Wash with clean water" jive......
And followed that with, "Prior to cutting into your fresh picked Aloe, dip or flush it's surface with Peroxide, Potassium Permaganate, Copper Sulphate, or Betadine / Bridine Povodone Iodine scrub,....PRIOR to cutting into it with a sterilized blade."
HAD you written that I'd have been jumping up and down nodding in agreement.

Sorry, what you DID write is the kinda' crap that sees WAY to many "Organic" back to the landers in emergency rooms, with all sortsa' easily avoidable infections.

You speak to people here as though they just came down with the rain, or fell off a potato truck, and than go all drama queen when asked to clarify just what your muddy, and in this case almost DANGEROUS "advice",...that you feel compelled to "share", MEANS.

If I pulled that kinda' crap, my friends would let me know, and sort me out muy pronto.

GTC

So, hurt butts, and sandy twats addressed, let's get some more inside skinny on just what this Microsyn AH is all about, and how it relates to Vetrocyn.
Our local Vet Clinic is the best of both worlds,...lots of old school and traditional savvy, combined with a genuine interest in scoping out any and all developments that show promise in the fields of both Nutrition, and in "Curing What ails em'".
The ORIGINAL formula for both the people and animal Vetrocyn was developed, and brought to the table by Microsyn. For years Vetrocyn garnered rave reviews, and market share. At some point the board of Vetrocyn decided, "To hell with paying this Microsyn outfit all these annual royalties for their patented formula",....and CHANGED the formula, slightly.
At that point folks that had sworn by it noticed it was NOT working as well, and all sortsa' hell raised in consequence.
Enter the original outfit, Mycrosyn, ......their board decides, " pizz on this, we'll produce and market our original patent protected formula."
So it is now, and one can only assume that the Vetrocyn outfit WISHES they'd kept paying the royalties, ...their stick is barely floating these days.

Usage Information

Indications: For care of traumatic wounds, cuts, abrasions, skin irritations, skin ulcers, postsurgical incision sites, hot spots, burns, scratches, rashes, irritated skin and wound odors. Safe for use on all animal species.

Directions for Use: Remove excess hair from wound area. Clip if necessary. Saturate the affected area with MicrocynAH®. If dressing is required, saturate dressing with MicrocynAH® at each dressing change. Repeat 3-4 times per day until wound is healed or per treatment protocol as directed by the veterinarian. No rinsing is necessary. Safe for use around mouth, nose, ears and eyes.

Use Precautions: For external use only. Not for injection. Discontinue use if irritation develops and contact your veterinarian. For animal use only. Not for human use. Keep out of reach of children. Safe if licked by animal. Always consult with a veterinarian for systemic conditions.

Storage: Store in its original container at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat. Do not freeze.

Disposal: No special disposal considerations required.

Made in the USA.
Ingredients

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Hypochlorus Acid.

Picking up feed, and discussing this today, I came to find out that the salts, in combination with the acid ("tamed Bleach") actually set up a pretty strong electrolytic action in reaction with our own blood and lymphatic chems.....believed to promote healing, in some sectors.
The word POLARITY came up repeatedly.

To late to monkey with this evening,....but I'm going to have an Ohm Meter / Millivolt meter out tomorrow,...and see what transpires wink .

GTC
Hour 132

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There's a shiny membrane, sub dermal tissue ( I GUESS that's what you'd call it) all formed up, ...and the nail's growing out.
Bit sore,...but bumping it all through the day's likely the villain in that piece.

I think I'm gonna' give this one or two more days before showering / hand washing without a condom over it.

Hit your feed store,...put some of this in your kits.

GTC
Posted By: okie Re: Vet Medicine - 04/30/16
("tamed Bleach") actually set up a pretty strong electrolytic action in reaction with our own blood and lymphatic chems.....believed to promote healing, in some sectors.
The word POLARITY came up repeatedly.

To late to monkey with this evening,....but I'm going to have an Ohm Meter / Millivolt meter out tomorrow,...and see what transpires wink .

GTC

Did ya get the Fluke out on it yet? Interesting stuff. Will pick some up...
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 04/30/16
Did ya get the Fluke out on it yet? Interesting stuff. Will pick some up...

Beautiful AM here,a crisp 47F.
Fresh coffee's on, and a busy day ahead.

You inspired me to dig out a series 70 Fluke series II multimeter,...
Set on 300 mV,
* Across a "dry finger I got a high read of 25 to 30mV
* Sprayed the wounded one, just got a high read of 249 mV !

GTC
Go check the SG of that latest batch, Igor

[Linked Image]

The "Salts" used in this formula are as well as chemically active, also silicates. Reduced to almost impossible to comprehend fineness, they are purported to permeate / bond with regenerating cells.

Our feed store owner goes to an annual "Trade Show", and advises that the MicrocynAH booth is an interesting visit.
I'd suspect that the Vet grade products may be a mite stronger than the "People Grade",...they certainly are damn sure going to be more affordable.

GTC

Posted By: stxhunter Re: Vet Medicine - 04/30/16

you can also get the smaller bottles.

http://www.amazon.com/MicrocynAH-Wo...21806&sr=8-1&keywords=MicrocynAH
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Vet Medicine - 04/30/16
Cross

Dip that dude in a little FAMOUS GROUSE....and it'll cure the problem!

While you're at it....snort down about 5 fingers worth and ya won't give a damn!! grin crazy
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Cross

While you're at it....snort down about 5 fingers worth and ya won't give a damn!! grin crazy

Good idea,and thanks for the offer....but maybe after this detail's out of the way. Damn fine place to have your helper send up an icy cold Shiner Bock,...but I'll pass on the hard stuff, 'til later. grin

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...er_Well_Derrick__/_Windmill#Post11154397

[Linked Image]

Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
Well,....time to put a wrap on this,...
just a coupla' hours shy of a week old,and after a good night's sleep with no dressing on this nasty wound, I'd venture that we'd be on firm ground stating that this MicrosynAH is good medicine,....and worth putting in one's kit.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The CVS Pharma brand "Extreme Sport" bandages get an honorable mention, when they say "Extreme Hold Adhesive" it's on the level.
Horse leg wrap is horse leg wrap,...don't leave home without it.
The wide rolls can be cut into any width desired, and 1/2 the price of similar people grade tack.

Cheers !

GTC

Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
and if infection should start to take hold, pop a few SMZ's. Another Vet medicine that works good on peoples.....
Posted By: ingwe Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
Whats an SMZ?
Don, thanks for that advice.

You had a recent brush with a table saw or some such not to long ago,

No ?

GTC
Posted By: WildWest Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
According to WsbbMD
This medication is a combination of two antibiotics: sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections (such as middle ear, urine, respiratory, and intestinal infections). It is also used to prevent and treat a certain type of pneumonia (pneumocystis-type).

The old Sulfa drugs were used to prevent shipping fever in cattle on the railroads. They put it in the water tanks.
I have used the old Terramycin Powder you can find in the Ag supply places for years. Topical and internal. Does make you pee more.
I told a couple of gals, that had urinary tract infections about it and it cured them. I think
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
Cross

Good idea,and thanks for the offer....but maybe after this detail's out of the way. Damn fine place to have your helper send up an icy cold Shiner Bock,...but I'll pass on the hard stuff, 'til later. grin

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...er_Well_Derrick__/_Windmill#Post11154397

[Linked Image]

What....in Hades are you putting up there??
Posted By: WildWest Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
When I first read Crosses post I orders some from Amazon. I have used aloe Vera for burns for years. This stuff seams to be pretty good. I will keep a bottle in the vet and human first aid kit. Thanks for the info.
Cross

[Linked Image]

What....in Hades are you putting up there??

Flak tower, ....black helicopters are approaching. eek eek eek eek eek

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/Water_Well_Derrick__/_Windmill#UNREAD

grin
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
You need to trim that nail, it's gettin' a little long on the corner.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
Originally Posted by ingwe
Whats an SMZ?

[Linked Image]

Same sulfa drug your doctor will give you. But without the presciption.....
You need to trim that nail, it's gettin' a little long on the corner.

Making light of another's sufferings is not very compassionate,
you gator herdin' azzwhole. grin

Just in to warm hands around a hot cup of coffee,...there's a cold edge to this AM's wind. Had to shorten the driving chain on that Coffing fall hung yesterday. In the process of cutting the chain, and fitting in a beotch link, have now managed to bump the damn thing 8-10 times. I'm starting to think that I've awoken some long buried masochistic proclivity, and will now leave your incompassionate and social media etiquette ignoring company, and seek out a leather, whips and chains website. blush

Oh, sorry Dan, I'm feeling so sensitive this AM, maybe I should have some Chamomile Tea, and some roots and berries.

Pretty damned interesting the way this Medicine co-reacts with one's own chems, and sets up an electrolytic cell.....No ?

GTC
Posted By: g5m Re: Vet Medicine - 05/01/16
Well,....time to put a wrap on this,...
just a coupla' hours shy of a week old,and after a good night's sleep with no dressing on this nasty wound, I'd venture that we'd be on firm ground stating that this MicrosynAH is good medicine,....and worth putting in one's kit.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The CVS Pharma brand "Extreme Sport" bandages get an honorable mention, when they say "Extreme Hold Adhesive" it's on the level.
Horse leg wrap is horse leg wrap,...don't leave home without it.
The wide rolls can be cut into any width desired, and 1/2 the price of similar people grade tack.

Cheers !

GTC

At least it's looking better.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Vet Medicine - 05/09/16
Greg: thanks for the PM, I missed this thread. As you say, I was having adventures. I won't elaborate except to say that if you review Bill Jordan's definition of "adventure" in his timeless book, No Second Place Winner, you'll get a better view of my recent frame of mind.

Anyway: that is an impressive product. I need to get some and keep it in my first aid kit for these types of injuries.

I had a similar injury a number of years ago. I was slicing vegetables for our Thanksgiving turkey dressing, and in my zeal to complete the job I sliced a goodly chunk of my left index finger off. Bled like a stuck pig and it hurt like Hell. I applied pressure dressings until the bleeding stopped, the non-stick dressings to protect the healing wound, and in about a week my finger looked just about like your photos, above.

The difference is that your wound didn't throb painfully for several days, because the spray-on gel provided a protectant layer that kept air off the injured/exposed tissue.

I have been using a product called Second Skin for years, mostly for burns but also for abrasions, etc. It works on the same principle. But it's hard to get it to work for places like fingertips, etc. Your spray-on dressing appears to work a LOT better on these sorts of locations.

I would like to see how well it works on burns, abrasions ("road rash"), etc. I'm not sure any of my hospitals will like it if I use it on ER patients, but I'm willing to give it a try on folks who are willing as well.

Great tip, looks like a really interesting product.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 05/09/16
Right at 2 weeks and 1 day,....
I'll get a pic or two this evening, when the dressing comes off.
Doc,...it's the electrolytic action this stuff "generates" ( no pun intended) that fascinates me.
I guess Microcyn is out there as a "People Grade" , too. You'd be in a better position to scope that out than I, Hombre.
I'm betting that it would be cat's azz for road rash and such.

GTC
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Vet Medicine - 05/09/16
Got this in one of the cup holders in the minivan

Thanks.

Vets are awesome.

Real doctors treat more than one species.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Vet Medicine - 05/09/16
Sliding a welding glove on and off 50-60 times a day leaves one wondering about "healing",....my manicurist will not approve.
Wondering if bumping and banging the end of this poor sucker around all day long is contributory to good circulation, and vigorous healing, as well.
Doc, you made a GREAT point about the lack of throbbing,...outside of the treatment outlined in the foregoing para.. Given that this was basically a crushing trauma, v. an incision,....would one be correct venturing that a lot of the blood vessels were pinched off from the get go ?
Given the somewhat less than hygienic circumstances, grease, grit, etc. I let this bleed all it wanted to. After it clotted up and quit, I started spraying it with this wonder juice, and that's ALL I've used since.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This stuff is good medicine.

I approve this message.

GTC
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Vet Medicine - 05/09/16
tag
© 24hourcampfire