Home
Is about shooting actually.

Over time I've acquired several rifles which use tools for loading, forming bullets and so forth. The accoutrements have, from appearances, multiplied within their domain, becoming a confusing landscape of "which goes where?".

Having a few spare moments on hand I set about organizing the population by rifle and task. Wound up with 7 boxes for 6 rifles and one to go. The one below is the most petite of the bunch. Others run up to 10.5" x 7" x 2.5". They stack nicely. I am appalled by the vast emptiness on the shelves and puzzle about what I need to restore rampant disorder to my life.

[Linked Image]

3/16" red cedar is tedious to work with on this scale. Trust me.

Looks good, and making a few cedar boxes as wedding gifts (to keep cards and other small mementos) cedar can be picky.

For the muzzleloaders - I use ammo cans. 1 per.
Dan,
I can only imagine what it must be like to slide the tool into a beautiful, velvet lined box. Well done.

P.S. The tongue and groove is a source of great joy, also........if she's bald.

Keep pounding away, Sir.

Slave
Nice!
Nice work! Eagle Rare used to come in similar boxes (historical info).
What joint did you use on the corners?
Originally Posted by wageslave
Dan,
I can only imagine what it must be like to slide the tool into a beautiful, velvet lined box. Well done.

Keep pounding away, Sir.

Slave

This is deplorable....I'm sure the Poohba approves!
Pegged the cool meter.

Kent
Originally Posted by wageslave
Dan,

Keep pounding away, Sir.

Slave

For the unwashed masses, I suggest that a minor application of paraffin on the tongue reduces geometric conflict, jamming and such.

Side/end panels were relieved equal to stock thickness and half depth for the corner joints. Look close at the right side corners, it's visible.
.....and closely trimmed carpet.
Originally Posted by kingston

Over Lap Rabbet joint....

[Linked Image]
Very nice!

Tell me that you just didn't slap on some masking tape to put labels on them tho. grin
Originally Posted by Raeford

From a little blue hair snowbird!
Good show,...there's nothing like a snug box.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Very nice!

Tell me that you just didn't slap on some masking tape to put labels on them tho. grin

I did not commit such travesties. Having a weakness for oriental style boxes, I took the time to translate the affiliated rifle into mandarin and microengrave suitably for Braille script. It is useful for identification in light or darkness.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by kingston

Over Lap Rabbet joint....

[Linked Image]

Yes, I'm a sucker for bunnies.
Would you be interested in one of my new prototype vernier sights, calibrated in Braiile ?

GTC
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Originally Posted by Raeford

From a little blue hair snowbird!

I thought he was more of a 'Ginger' type. grin
Beautifully done Dan. Wish I had your talent and patience.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Would you be interested in one of my new prototype vernier sights, calibrated in Braiile ?

GTC

A) Only after I get some of those new fiber optic dayglow green front sights.
B) We're talking boxes here, not gun parts. Stay on track!
C) Are braille calibrations on a verier sight useful during the hours of darkness? I'm having problems with that concept.

laugh
Nice work Dan. Now you need to work on hand it dovetail joints.
Lovely work. smile

Reminds me I have some projects to finish. I think a Dremel is involved, however blush
© 24hourcampfire