Home
Posted By: rockinbbar The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Go.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Joan Rivers.
Posted By: garyh9900 Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
John Kasich - He must win Florida and Ohio. He needs more help in Ohio than he does in Florida. I think Kasich would deliver Ohio, but the advantage of him being on the ticket probably ends there.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Maybe Trump Jr..... I like him better than Sr.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
john bohenor.
Posted By: RWE Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by garyh9900
John Kasich - He must win Florida and Ohio. He needs more help in Ohio than he does in Florida. I think Kasich would deliver Ohio, but the advantage of him being on the ticket probably ends there.

Art of the deal.

Run Kasich.

Win election.

Fire Kasich and apply golden parachute for services rendered.

Then pick some total cluster [bleep] biden type for assassination insurance.
Posted By: JPro Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Chuck Norris
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
He seems to be buddies with Boehner.
Rand.
Posted By: jeffdwhite Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Remember how quick Krispy Kreme made nice and bowed out?
Posted By: Raeford Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Jan Brewer
Posted By: mathman Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Whoever it is, the announcement will be huuuuuge.
Posted By: Scott62 Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Oprah Gail Winfrey.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
I believe Trump when he says that you wouldn't believe all the calls he's been getting from people in influential positions.

My opinion is,..there's many members of Congress who have reached the point that they're seriously worried about where the country is headed,...but there wasn't enough of them to buck the system.

Now, they've got somebody to line up behind and they're ready to get on with it.

Jeff Sessions was one of the very early members to back Trump.

I'm sure he understands that if Trump doesn't make it that he's out of luck. But he did it anyway.

I think there's quite a few Republicans in Congress who feel the same way.

This is their chance to get on a team that will take on the system,..and if he doesn't make it, they've had enough of the mess Congress has become, anyway.
Posted By: Harry M Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Sessions brings nothing to the table, Trump already will carry Alabama.

Won't be crispy cream either.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by RWE

Art of the deal.

Run Kasich.

Win election.

grin
Posted By: atvalaska Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Newt...the guy has DC smarts...
Posted By: hatari Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Question -

When has the VP ever really decided the election?

Did Gore get Clinton elected?

Did Cheney get Bush elected?

Did Biden..... nevermind

Did Quale Help GHWBB

Did GHWB help Reagan?

MAYBE LBJ helped Kennedy

Point is, the electorate doesn't swing on the VP nominee.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Oprah Winfrey.
Posted By: Harry M Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Did Paul Ryan help Mitt.....or hurt Mitt...
Posted By: tedthorn Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by hatari
Question -

Did Biden..... nevermind

Did Quale Help GHWBB

Did GHWB help Reagan?

MAYBE LBJ helped Kennedy

I disagree

VP candidates have "cost" presidential hopefuls elections in the past
Question -

Did Biden..... nevermind

Did Quale Help GHWBB

Did GHWB help Reagan?

MAYBE LBJ helped Kennedy

I don't know, did....

Mondale hurt Carter in 1980?

Did Geraldine Ferraro hurt Mondale?

Did Lloyd Benson hurt Dukakis?

Did Kemp hurt Dole?

Did Lieberman hurt Gore?

I think a smart VP pick can help a candidate by not hurting them. I do understand what you're saying but I think a smart VP pick certainly helps an outsider like Trump.

Posted By: slumlord Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Rubio

gotta court the lady vote
Posted By: Longbob Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Watch him pick Biden and screw up everyone.
Posted By: callnum Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Palin hurt McStain
Posted By: heavywalker Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Question -

Did Biden..... nevermind

Did Quale Help GHWBB

Did GHWB help Reagan?

MAYBE LBJ helped Kennedy

Exactly, if he picks a VP simply to pander to a group he will lose.

Nobody votes for the VP they vote for POTUS.
Originally Posted by callnum
Palin hurt McStain

Yep.
Posted By: Terryk Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Kasich will help carry the rust belt. I think the decision will be made on shifting close states, and Kasich looks good there. Rubio may also help with hispanics and women. A more liberal pick would hurt GOP votes and probably not pick up any moderate voters.
More importantly Trump needs to show moderates that he represents change, and hillary represents corruption.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Roger Stone to Newsmax TV: Trump Should Pick Military VP

By Todd Beamon | Tuesday, 03 May 2016 09:01 PM

Donald Trump can beat Hillary Clinton in November if he selects a running mate with a strong military background because of her support for the disastrous Iraq War, Trump supporter Roger Stone told Newsmax TV on Tuesday.

"I would prefer to see Donald Trump choose somebody like Gen. Mark Kelly or somebody from the military who has a superior brass of foreign-policy issues and would be able to help Donald Trump bolster what I think is a non-interventionist peace through strength based Reagan-ite foreign policy," Stone told host J.D. Hayworth on "America Votes: 2016" in an interview.

"One of the most powerful issues Donald Trump has over Hillary Clinton is her support for the Iraq War. He would completely negate the use of that issue.

"In all honesty, I couldn’t vote for a Trump ticket if Condoleezza Rice was on it," Stone said, referring to suggestions that the former secretary of state join a possible Trump ticket. "I'm not a neocon.

"The rise of Donald Trump is a rejection of 30 years of bad decisions by the two parties that have run us into foreign wars where our national interest was never clear," he said. "Whether the Bush administration lied us into war or whether it was an honest blunder, it was still a mistake."

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/r...vice/2016/05/03/id/727070/#ixzz47irArNKh
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Crispie or Carson.
Posted By: bea175 Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Bernie Sanders or Megan Kelly
Bernie sanders would guarantee a Trump landslide
Posted By: rem141r Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
winnebago man. google it
Posted By: srwshooter Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
oprah is the main reason we ended up with obama. she spent years convincing old white america that blacks were ok.all part of the plan.

now we have ellen,steve harvey and the view hitting the old people from every angle . we are all now getting more training on blacks and [bleep].
Posted By: Sako76 Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Allen West!
Posted By: stevelyn Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Jan Brewer or Susanna Martinez.

He's going to need a western governor to off-set the NYC d-baggery and both of these fit the bill perfectly.

Allen West would add a more right leaning balance to a moderate candidate and since Allen West is now a Texas resident, one could make the case that he carries western state creds.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by Sako76
Allen West!

This
Posted By: huntsonora Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by RWE

Art of the deal.

Run Kasich.

Win election.

Kasich IS assassination insurance. He's a clown
Posted By: ltppowell Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16

Nobody votes for a VP. Trump will pick somebody that can't show him up in any way, and that will be hard to do.
Posted By: Tim_B Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
I would think carson could be a logical choice, seems to be a suitable candidate that just didn't get off the ground

although I also feel that someone with military background would be a huge bonus if Trump was smart and said "hey, i'm going to get the final call but he/she will be the main person since that is their strong point"
Originally Posted by Terryk
Kasich will help carry the rust belt. I think the decision will be made on shifting close states, and Kasich looks good there. Rubio may also help with hispanics and women. A more liberal pick would hurt GOP votes and probably not pick up any moderate voters.
More importantly Trump needs to show moderates that he represents change, and hillary represents corruption.

But he can do that with Portman, and have an Heavy weight on International Policy.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Allen West!

This

That would work. West if from Florida and great on intl policy, and a lively personality.

Or Trump could go all in with Thomas Sowell.
Allen West or Newt Ginrich
sean hannity
Posted By: watch4bear Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
sean hannity

excellent choice
cool
Posted By: seal_billy Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Crispie or Carson.

Carson would be good for Trump, he would be a good mediator. Trump has the fire Carson has the demeanor, both have brains.

I would vote for a the crazy bastard next door before the hildabeast.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Dennis Hastert...
Posted By: hatari Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by callnum
Palin hurt McStain

The GOP was doomed in '08. Too much hate Bush
Posted By: ltppowell Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
sean hannity

At least he would never have to doubt his loyalty.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Trump needs good optics for a VP choice. Susan Martinez is a strong possibility. A western Hispanic woman standing next to Trump as his political partner makes it harder to attack him as a misogynist and makes him look more friendly to women voters. The only down side is she may be damaged from a drunken run in with hotel security and police. Not sure how that plays into the decision. Senator Ernst of Iowa is another strong woman to stand next to Trump. I haven't heard Tim Scott speak but he's a distant possibility. Alan West has sexual harassment issues so he's a non starter.
Posted By: KFWA Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by Raeford
Jan Brewer

thats who I am thinking
Brewer would be good.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Coulter was on 'Hannity' this afternoon discussing this very topic. She said something about the VP pick needing to be right on immigration or risk impeachment or assassination in the first 100 days. I'm not sure if she meant the veep would have to be aligned with Trump on it, or if the veep was supposed to temper Trump's position. Not sure whether it matters either way. If he wins, we better have a good replacement in the wings.
Originally Posted by JPro
Chuck Norris

Rambo
Posted By: Daveman Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Trump likely will pick a female VP to negate the perception that he's a misogynst, and to counter the Hillary-estrogen crowd. Perhaps Jan Brewer? Whoever he picks must be able to deliver at least one state for him. If not a woman, he needs to tap into the Hispanic vote, so that would suggest Rubio. Whoever he selects will need to be an established politician, and not a first-timer such as Trump himself.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Trump won't pick a veep to prop up in the corner. Whoever works for Trump has to produce.
Posted By: add Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by ltppowell
sean hannity

At least he would never have to doubt his loyalty.

No matter.

As long as, Cuba, Israel, or Canada are not in play.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Whoever works for Trump has to produce.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 86thecat Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Never seen an attractive woman before? You seem stuck on that pic.
Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
A proctologist or Calvin
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Kate Upton
Posted By: walt501 Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Trump is the "big personality" in the room. As my Dad related to me years ago, there can only be one "big personality" in a room. Put two in the same room and they'll fight until one leaves. I suspect Trump knows this, which rules out other "big personalities" like Chris Christy. Who ever the VP nominee is, I'm guessing they'll understand very clearly who the boss is and will defer to him in all situations.
Posted By: strosfann Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/04/16
Condoleezza Rice
Posted By: steve4102 Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Trump has stated on more than one occasion that his VP will not be a career politician, but will have political experience. ??
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Trump won't pick a veep to prop up in the corner. Whoever works for Trump has to produce.

This is what I think as well. I believe he'll look for someone who'll help politically and at the same time be someone who gets things done.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
carl rove
Posted By: muleshoe Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Glenn Beck
Posted By: RWE Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Glenn Beck

Ok, you caught me.

Neti-potted dark roast.
Posted By: Hotload Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Go.

Jan Brewer .... one time governor of Arizona
Posted By: mudhen Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Martinez obviously dislikes Trump. Now that he has the nomination wrapped up, she is still refusing to endorse him. I think that you can cross her off the list.

I'm guessing that he will select someone with significant public service experience outside of DC--perhaps a fellow New Yorker, or at least someone from New England. He doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for people outside of the the sphere of influence in which he operates.
Originally Posted by mudhen
Martinez obviously dislikes Trump. Now that he has the nomination wrapped up, she is still refusing to endorse him. I think that you can cross her off the list.

I'm guessing that he will select someone with significant public service experience outside of DC--perhaps a fellow New Yorker, or at least someone from New England. He doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for people outside of the the sphere of influence in which he operates.

Trump will win New York on his own, without any help from the VP. The place he needs a lot of work is the Southwest.
Someone from Texas would be a great pick. I would like to see him pick Perry. The man is a hard core gun nut. I like that. grin
Rick Perry has pretty much been a career politician since he graduated college...
Rick Perry has pretty much been a career politician since he graduated college...

.... and he has loved guns since he graduated grade school.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16

When does one become a career politician? After their first term is up and they seek re-election?
Posted By: Longbob Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Agree about Rick Perry being a 2nd Amendment proponent, but Trump wouldn't choose him. Competing hair.
Originally Posted by Longbob
Agree about Rick Perry being a 2nd Amendment proponent, but Trump wouldn't choose him. Competing hair.

Perry is not on the short list. Trump very much needs to win a big numbers state like Texas because old Hildabeast is going to win California.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

When does one become a career politician? After their first term is up and they seek re-election?
I would say that a politician who has held a variety of elected offices for 30 years until he or she was term-limited out, and who then decides to run for President, pretty much fits the description. Especially if he started out moving up rapidly in one party and then switched to the other when it was obvious that was his only hope to continue to seek higher elective offices.

I don't have anything against Rick Perry, but I don't think that I would like to see him one heartbeat away from the Presidency, as the saying goes...
Posted By: Longbob Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by Longbob

Perry is not on the short list. Trump very much needs to win a big numbers state like Texas because old Hildabeast is going to win California.

I wouldn't worry about Texas. I feel it is a given that the Republican (Trump) will win it.
Posted By: Huntz Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
Allen West!

Yes!!!!
Posted By: KEVIN_JAY Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 05/05/16
I would think Condoleezza Rice would be a great choice.
Posted By: strosfann Re: The Donalds VP Pick? - 07/21/16
I didn't read every post but I'm sure Pence wasn't mentioned above. I like him but I would've liked my prediction of Condaleezza Rice more.
© 24hourcampfire