Home

The Wife and I have laid a fine foundation for a visionary couple to build upon. Feast your eyes upon a great opportunity:

http://www.landleader.com/land-for-sale/crow-and-bear-winery-grants-pass

Special discount for Campfire members. PM me for details.

We are going to stay in the Grants Pass area because we have made many good friends here. We will buy another elegant house without the hassle of running a fulltime business. Finally we are retiring.
Nice looking place Spanky. You and the Mrs. put in a lot of work to get the place where it's at. Sorry to see you selling, but understand all to well the allure of true retirement.
Property is relatively inexpensive there it seems?
Originally Posted by EdM

That is a very true statement, one of the many reasons we moved from California.

A similar place in CA might be 5 to 10 times more.

This Southern OR wine region, especially the Applegate AVA is booming. It is one of the top ten wine destinations in the World.
Sweet house but you can keep the dandelion patch!
is this like the free classifieds? First "I'll take it" gets it?
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

SPF.... wink
Coulda made a profit if you canned the tasting room and put in a label printing shop.
oh and good luck with the sale Spanky
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

SPF.... wink

For sure, make me an offer. Give me a big down and I'll carry.
I know a guy with a spray plane that could take care of those weeds.

It would only take about 10 seconds...
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Coulda made a profit if you canned the tasting room and put in a label printing shop.

The tasting room is profitable on an operating basis.

LOL!
Congratulations. You have earned it and I hope you both enjoy it to the max.
Lovely place. Good luck with the sale.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I know a guy with a spray plane that could take care of those weeds.

It would only take about 10 seconds...

Thanks, but it would also take care of about 12,000 vines.

This will be our first crop. I'm thinking 10-15 tons. Full production in another two years should be 25+ tons.
What's the net $$$ per ton?

And I was joking about the spray plane.
does 25 tons mean at that point you sell what you make and quit relabeling bulk wine?
Nice place. Good luck!
Nice place. except the deer are on the wrong side of the high fence!

grin
Fantastic place & setting at a reasonable price...............too bad it's in a liberal stronghold like Orey-gun.

MM

Maybe he's gonna make wine with them dandy lions.
I figured there was a reason.

Organic?
Probably gluten free, also.
A winery is still a farm.
Tank those vines and grow some bud.

You'll make bank.
I'm getting back pains....just looking at it!!
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
A winery is still a farm.

A winery is not a farm. A vineyard is a farm.

We are selling an elegant home, a vineyard(farm), a bonded winery, and a tasting room all for a million two.

Refer all offers to our agent.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Probably gluten free, also.

Yes the vines are gluten free but not organic. I don't believe in thatshit.

Not. Those are Swamp Buttercups, a very desirable cover crop.

Are there any real estate agents here who would be willing to give a professional opinion?
Good luck to you and your wife in your "real" retirement. That's a nice place and you should have it sold in no time. πŸ‘
Well I've been on that property several times.. Matt and his wife have put a lot of improvements on that property since they bought it...

you get into that sort of price range, things do come cheap locally....

can tell ya, its worth every penny and then some...

Matt, best of luck on the sale...

Glad you're staying in the local area....

They don't "make" wine. They bottle and re-label bulk 'box' wine that is made elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Are there any real estate agents here who would be willing to give a professional opinion?

[Linked Image]
Really nice place. Best of luck!

The Wife and I have laid a fine foundation for a visionary couple to build upon. Feast your eyes upon a great opportunity:

http://www.landleader.com/land-for-sale/crow-and-bear-winery-grants-pass

Special discount for Campfire members. PM me for details.

We are going to stay in the Grants Pass area because we have made many good friends here. We will buy another elegant house without the hassle of running a fulltime business. Finally we are retiring.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for ya Spanky...what is the REAL reason you're trying to sell? Couldn't you just let your "peeps" run the place?

Even with "peeps" the place requires fulltime attention. We have four fulltime employees; a vineyard manager and three field hands. During some operations, pruning, tying, picking, etc. we hire contract labor and may have as many as 20 workers on site.

In addition to employees we have to deal with three levels of Government on a daily basis.

It is a complex fulltime job to run this place. We are well past the age most people retire. We have both worked all our lives and would now like to enjoy a little free time.

What's wrong with that?

We do buy bulk wine but it is not "cheap box wine". It is wine from prestigious local wineries (and one from our son's winery in Sonoma County, CA.)

We bottle some but most is sold in "growlers".

All who have tasted our wines say it is of the highest quality. Don't badmouth it if you haven't tasted it.

This year will be our first crop. Next Spring our first estate whites will be for sale and the year after our reds will come on line.

We have built a strong foundation for the future owners. They will reap the benefits of our hard work.

It is a complex fulltime job to run this place.

No doubt...enjoy "retirement" if that's what you're gonna do.
Very nice, wishing you the best.

I'm no real estate agent, but aware enough to know that is a very good deal. You better start packing. You'll be moving soon, I believe. Best wishes.

We priced it at the low end of what the agent thought we could get.

We have a very small first mortgage on it. We would like a quick sale but that's probably too much to hope for.

Bring all offers.

Even with "peeps" the place requires fulltime attention. We have four fulltime employees; a vineyard manager and three field hands. During some operations, pruning, tying, picking, etc. we hire contract labor and may have as many as 20 workers on site.

In addition to employees we have to deal with three levels of Government on a daily basis.

It is a complex fulltime job to run this place. We are well past the age most people retire. We have both worked all our lives and would now like to enjoy a little free time.

What's wrong with that?

You should try real farming....
Can I sell my house on Hunter's Campfire?

If this isn't "real farming" I don't know what is.

Never thought I'd end up as a redneck farmer outside a hick town in a third rate state.

Time to move on. Life is strange.
We can't all be so fortunate. 😜
Originally Posted by GeoW
We can't all be so fortunate. 😜

We are truly fortunate and we thank God every day.

Now we would like the time to enjoy our fortune without the hassle of running a business.

Your attention whoring never ceases to amaze me.

We have a very small first mortgage on it. We would like a quick sale but that's probably too much to hope for.

Bring all offers.

Spanky,

Right on. I was hoping to buy a bottle of Rioja off you, when those tempranillo grapes came in.

Sycamore

Thanks. Let us hope you will be buying it from the future owners.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Bring all offers.

Spanky,

Right on. I was hoping to buy a bottle of Rioja off you, when those tempranillo grapes came in.

Sycamore

Just go to Costco and buy yourself some box wine. Same as Spanky's and much cheaper.

Not in real estate, but I do know it costs about $32K-$37K/acre just to plant grapes with climbers and irrigation. THEN the work and the wait starts.

Now tell me Bigfuck just how the hell do you know our wines are not good?

I can't recall you ever being here and tasting our wines.

Tell you what come over, sit down and taste our wine then tell me you don't like them. Until you can man up an do that SHUT THE BUCKUP.
Good luck on the sale Spano. Hope you get your price.

Now tell me Bigfuck just how the hell do you know our wines are not good?

I can't recall you ever being here and tasting our wines.

Tell you what come over, sit down and taste our wine then tell me you don't like them. Until you can man up an do that SHUT THE BUCKUP.

Just simmer down a little, jerkoff. Where did I say your "wine" was bad? You talk pretty loud for such an insignificant little man.
Never thought I'd end up as a redneck farmer outside a hick town in a third rate state.

He's just fragile from being out of the city.

"Tell you what come over, sit down and taste our wine then tell me you don't like them. Until you can man up an do that SHUT THE BUCKUP"

But, then again, you probably can't afford a bus ticket to your local Walmart.

So why am I toying with you? Tell me.

I'm a native Oregonian, almost 50 years here. We don't much like people that move here with a chip on their shoulder and look down on what we've loved our whole lives.

Time to move on.

Sounds like a good idea for all involved. You're free to go.

Life is strange.

No it's not. Your attitude sure is though. Talk about [bleep] in your nest. You're a jackwagon.

Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

??

??

Sure. Why not? You have my permission.

How much you asking? I might just buy it out of petty cash.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'm a native Oregonian, almost 50 years here. We don't much like people that move here with a chip on their shoulder and look down on what we've loved our whole lives.

Time to move on.

Sounds like a good idea for all involved. You're free to go.

Life is strange.

No it's not. Your attitude sure is though. Talk about [bleep] in your nest. You're a jackwagon.

We like Oregon, even though it is a third rate state. Always have, otherwise we would not have moved here. We like third rate states and intend on staying here.

I don't mind being a redneck farmer, just had enough of the hard work and now want to retire. We like rednecks, all rednecks what's wrong with that?

We like Grants Pass even though it is a hick town. We like hick towns. What's wrong with that? Proof of that is we intend to buy another home in the immediate surrounds.

What's a "Jackwagon"?

Yep...trying to negotiate up is the way to go... grin

What's a "Jackwagon"?

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/jack-wagon
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Yep...trying to negotiate up is the way to go... grin

Not trying to negotiate up. We have plenty of equity, just looking for a quick sale.

You wanna make an offer?

If so contact our agent.

But, then again, you probably can't afford a bus ticket to your local Walmart.

So why am I toying with you?

And:

How much you asking? I might just buy it out of petty cash

And there it is…

The real reason Spank comes here, to look down on the unwashed masses and gloat about what he has and they don't. Just to try and reassure himself that he is superior to all of us.

Always comes full circle to him bragging about his status in life and demeaning others who he assumes have less.

I realize some of you have met him and like him. But his true colors always show. His arrogance and condescension are pretty sickening. Would seem to me he does this to reassure his own lack of self esteem.

Like Trump I only counter-punch.

If you can't stand my brilliance because it contrasts so much with your ignorance put me on ignore.

Not many have because most here are intelligent enough to enjoy my satire, irony, and good humor.

Like Trump I only counter-punch.

If you can't stand my brilliance because it contrasts so much with your ignorance put me on ignore.

Not many have because most here are intelligent enough to enjoy my satire, irony, and good humor.

I enjoy satire and harsh humor more than most.

Please show me where I have shown ignorance. It is typically those lacking in intelligence who avoid facts, emote and resort to name calling rather than dealing with facts.

I note you ignored my revelation about your condescension to the minions and redirected your response away from my comments about you being a snob who comes here only to boost your own ego and brag about what you have and believe others do not.

Again, ignore the facts and emote and name call.

You and I both know I am right.

Let's see some of that brilliance shine and respond to the facts.
Now now u two !!!...head to your rooms !

I don't mind going to my room it is huge and opulent and contains all my guns and reloading equipment.

His is a closet in his mothers trailer.

Just a few minutes ago we received an offer on the property. It's only been on the market eight days.
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Please show me where I have shown ignorance. It is typically those lacking in intelligence who avoid facts, emote and resort to name calling rather than dealing with facts.

I note you ignored my revelation about your condescension to the minions and redirected your response away from my comments about you being a snob who comes here only to boost your own ego and brag about what you have and believe others do not.

Your "revelation" missed that his comment was sarcasm.

Just a few minutes ago we received an offer on the property. It's only been on the market eight days.

Was it from hippies in a van?

That property is ripe for commune livin'!

Lets hope you get another one....and they start a bidding war! grin

No.
Originally Posted by add

Was it from hippies in a van?

That property is ripe for commune livin'!

Waaaaaay too much work for Hippies.

Not likely but it would be fun.

Not looking to get more than a million out of this place. We are not selling to make money we are looking to save our lives.

Damn I wish we had retired ten years ago. We could give this place away and not be hurt.

Not likely but it would be fun.

Not looking to get more than a million out of this place. We are not selling to make money we are looking to save our lives.

Damn I wish we had retired ten years ago. We could give this place away and not be hurt.

No reason you shouldn't make some money on it. You took a significant risk, put a lot of work into it, and created something of value. I do understand your priorities. You got to get out of it alive first, and if it happens to fund a few extra higher quality hunts, well, you earned them.

Break even or lose a few, doesn't matter. We want out.

Our manager this morning should have been here at 0700. Finally after four emails and two phone calls (mail box full) he shows up at 1400. Then it's, "Too hot to work".

I have an fully enclosed airconditioned tractor for him to drive.

Yeah, I know some jerks here will say, "Drive it yourself".

Your manager has short-timers syndrome and knows you ain't getting rid of him while its being sold.

Glad you got a bid and can look forward to relaxing.
Regardless, he'd be the former manager after that.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

No. He is trying to use a little sarcasm to cover his trail.

When I called him on his condescension, he resorts to name calling and calls me IGNORANT. I asked for him to show me where I earned that moniker. No response to that, just more bragging.

Guy comes on here posting that he has his place for sale and asks rhetorically, anyone here interested? I will give you a discount. He knows damn good and well that a property is not going to sell on the HC.

He asks for a real estate professional's input when he already has a realtor repping for him.

He comes on here to brag about how much his property is worth. And he can't help himself to attack others by intimating they aren't his equal because he has more money. Kind of like that a$$hole doctor from UT.

Like I said, seems the guy is not too bad in person as he has made a few friends. But I can't stomach a egomaniacal braggart like this.
A million bucks for the privilege of owning a FARM, with dealing with the general public and tight government regulation thrown in for enticements.....

Where do I sign up?

(Please engage sarcasm font).

Hope you get it sold Spanky. Farming is not a lot more than hard work.....

??

How much you asking? I might just buy it out of petty cash.

Now that it is established that Hunter Campfire is in the real estate business, here are some more vineyards for sale...
When it’s time to sell the dream
By Posted on Feb 03 2014 | By John Hagarty
Winery sales often lengthy and complex

There are 259 wineries in Virginia producing 511,000 cases of wine annually. The industry has achieved dramatic success in both growth and reputation since the first tasting room opened in 1975.

Today, the quality and repute of Old Dominion wine is recognized nationally and around the world. Last year, Steven Spurrier, a renowned international wine authority said, β€œVirginia is a solid competitor in the global wine industry.” Such high praise is a commonly heard refrain.

And yet, there is an anomaly to the sanguine picture of a robust and healthy wine culture: Few wineries are profitable and most are difficult to sell.

Indeed, notwithstanding advances in vineyard plantings and winemaking skills resulting in a commensurate increase in the production of fine wine, it still remains a challenge to actually make money in the business. If a winery isn’t turning a profit, potential buyers can be hard to conjure up.

With many of the state’s winery owners entering their retirement years, it is expected an increase in properties will go up for sale, especially if adult children do not share mom & dad’s dream. But selling even a marginally profitable business is a challenge. Typically, it takes three years or more to find a qualified buyer.

Rick Walden, owner of Virginia Estates, a Charlottesville real estate firm that specializes in selling farms, estates, vineyards and wineries says, β€œI’m just about the only guy in the state handling winery sales. How many are making money? I’m gonna go for zero.” He bluntly points up the narrow margins earned in a difficult business.
^ Lesson to those considerin a "dopery".

Probably couldn't even have an indoor "tasting room".

Everybody gotta stand outside.
"Dopery"

Hah! That's hilarious. I'm going to have a to use that.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

No. He is trying to use a little sarcasm to cover his trail.

When I called him on his condescension, he resorts to name calling and calls me IGNORANT. I asked for him to show me where I earned that moniker. No response to that, just more bragging.

Guy comes on here posting that he has his place for sale and asks rhetorically, anyone here interested? I will give you a discount. He knows damn good and well that a property is not going to sell on the HC.

He asks for a real estate professional's input when he already has a realtor repping for him.

He comes on here to brag about how much his property is worth. And he can't help himself to attack others by intimating they aren't his equal because he has more money. Kind of like that a$$hole doctor from UT.

Like I said, seems the guy is not too bad in person as he has made a few friends. But I can't stomach a egomaniacal braggart like this.

Like I said, jackwagon is the word you're looking for.
Originally Posted by Dutch
A million bucks for the privilege of owning a FARM, with dealing with the general public and tight government regulation thrown in for enticements.....

Where do I sign up?

(Please engage sarcasm font).

Hope you get it sold Spanky. Farming is not a lot more than hard work.....

So we have found out. We might make a small(very small)profit but even if we take a loss it's not a big deal. At this stage the money is not important.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
"Dopery"

Hah! That's hilarious. I'm going to have a to use that.

Lotta people going into the dope business now that it is legal in Oregon.
Nice place! That would run $20 million in Colorado...
I know jacksquat about growing grapes but if you're hiring people to do the work on 8 acres you better have an amazing $$$ per acre profit to even break even.

I'm guessing the actual growing/winery business is brutal for a rookie.

You're getting a really nice house along a few acres in a nice location.

You're getting a really nice house along a few acres in a nice location hick town in a third rate state.

Fixt

Like I said, a nice location.....grin

But for that kind of money too many neighbors.

Not to mention a short view.
I know jacksquat about growing grapes but if you're hiring people to do the work on 8 acres you better have an amazing $$$ per acre profit to even break even.

limes would be good. 8 acres of limes would be good.

Only been to one winery in my life. bigger than 8 acres for sure.

Help might be pretty cheap in parts of Oregon though.

Sycamore
Around here all the money makin' places come with an old house and a bunch of acres.

And a couple old pickups and tractors.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Nice place! That would run $20 million in Colorado...

That's because we grow better wine, second only to California.
Around here all the money makin' places come with an old house and a bunch of acres.

And a couple old pickups and tractors.

And a couple of old dogs....
I would really look for better help, if it takes 20 people to work 15 acres some ones doing it all wrong, that or our guys a really, really fast. smile

I just came back from Napa, and some of that land has an amazing per acre cashflow. Case in point, According to our guide at Mondavi, one vine of Cabernet Sauvignon can yield 4 bottles of wine. Opus one sells for $150 per bottles, or 600 in revenue per vine per year. One of these vines, and the few square feet is sits on prices for about $15,000.

Tells you he is a coward.

I live in "Wine Country",...and way back when this whole ball of ear wax got rolling, asked WTF Spanky's "Vineyard-spurt" was doing planting that place before doing DEEP, DEEP tillage,.....crap, they damn near had to BLAST to get the trellis poles in,....and the cultivars were already in their TINY holes.The ridiculous show put on with the handheld auger was pretty pathetic, and a clear indicator that a LOT of $$$ and effort were being thrown at "step C.",....but steps A. and B. had just been to much of a headache for somebody's "people".

Edited to add,....when a hydraulic auger showed up, and the trellis pole started going into holes, the purveyor of this "Vineyard" started masturbating in public, and leaping around in paroxysms of somewhat ill advised joy.

Fungi LOVE alkali flats, ...poorly drained, and KILL Grapevines.
Takes about 4-5 years for the "Root Rot" to really get to work, though.

Not sayin' that the place didn't have great potential,....but what it never saw was a high track Cat with a big Noble blade or a ripper busting up the deep hardpan,...and creating DRAINAGE.

Whoever's going to cough up hard earned for this ill advised stunt better retain a good soil sampling outfit, and do a few split spoon sample tests down at what's known as the PLOW SOLE,....digging a few trenches for scoping out the SOIL HORIZONS , would not be so worse an idea, either.

GTC

crossfire;
Good evening to you sir, I trust this finds you well on this balmy evening.

It's interesting - for me anyway - to note that we both live so far apart and yet live in countryside which produces excellent wines.

These guys for instance have one of their vineyards just across the road from our driveway - and the winery is a 5 minute walk down the road.

http://wildgoosewinery.com/wines/awards/

The winemaker uses the game pole in our yard when he gets something hunting and has made a habit of leaving a bottle of his work behind on our front step when he does. It's always appreciated of course, as is the notes on the label such as "good big bodied 3x3 mulie" or "3 point whitetail - really fat!". grin

I too offered some thoughts on the matter when this all began, as the whole vintner thing has become a big deal here and it behooves a local to be somewhat conversant in why that is.

Anyway yes for sure good drainage makes for happy grape vines and up here where we get some spring frosts a bit of a slope to the land is helpful too. Wind machines are employed in the flatter vineyards - mostly with success - but a well drained slope with good sun exposure is a grand beginning to a long, successful vineyard or so the folks who really and truly know have told me.

All the best to you this summer crossfire.

Dwayne
You must be right about the life expectancy age, that's nice.
Evenin' Hoser,

It's become very "chic" to "own a vineyard" out to the West of me, and one CAN get pretty fair vines here on my side of the Huachucas, too.

The baseline is and will continue to be DRAINAGE.

Yeah, you and I both KNOW that working side hills and slopes can be a PITA,...and have been labeled more than once, "sidehill gougers".

A FLAT, basin like hay meadow was NOT the smartest choice for establishing a vineyard.

ANY slope is better than none,....and It's been interesting watching this play evolve.

IIRC correctly, there have been a whole PARADE of manager-spurts retained, and than moved off.

Guess one of these spurts BURIED the drip system,...which pretty much screws up any potential for "Deep Banding",...no ?

GTC
So it appears Spanky is passing this turd onto some poor unsuspecting soul?

I just came back from Napa, and some of that land has an amazing per acre cashflow. Case in point, According to our guide at Mondavi, one vine of Cabernet Sauvignon can yield 4 bottles of wine. Opus one sells for $150 per bottles, or 600 in revenue per vine per year. One of these vines, and the few square feet is sits on prices for about $15,000.

Do the math: we have 12,000 vines times 4=60,000 bottles. Our average price is $25.00 a bottle. And our property is nowhere near $15,000 for a "few square feet". And you get an elegant, highend home with a steam shower and a bidet

Bring all offers.

I have enjoyed Opus One on more than one occasion. Better than our wines.
Originally Posted by irfubar

As a buyer of anything I always take it upon myself to be knowledgeable of what I am buying. A poor unsuspecting soul buying about anything deserves precisely what he/she gets IMO.
Being in the irrigation business in Spankys hick town in a third rate state, I know a little about what's underground in our area. As a matter of coincidence, I worked on the property above Spankys a few years ago. Lots of water in the soil. So wet I had to rent a tracked machine to get the job completed. Standing water is very common in winter in Jerome Prairie where they're at. When I first read about this project, that's the first thing I thought, too wet. Spanky has a gentle north exposure rather than the south slope most vineyards choose, and it's pretty flat. There's a hill to the west that might cut the evening sun a bit short.

Hey what do I know about vineyards, but I second guessed the operation from the beginning. I see lots of vineyards in my travels, and it sure doesn't look anywhere near ideal. But like I said, what do I know about them. Just my observations.

What wines?
Originally Posted by EdM

As a buyer of anything I always take it upon myself to be knowledgeable of what I am buying. A poor unsuspecting soul buying about anything deserves precisely what he/she gets IMO.

I take your point Ed, and agree with much of it.

However, if something for sale is misrepresented, many places will call that fraud.

Do the math: we have 12,000 vines times 4=60,000 bottles. Our average price is $25.00 a bottle. And our property is nowhere near $15,000 for a "few square feet". And you get an elegant, highend home with a steam shower and a bidet

Bring all offers.

You are not in Napa, and don't have 40 year old vines, so I doubt you can achieve those yields.

Do the math: we have 12,000 vines times 4=60,000 bottles. Our average price is $25.00 a bottle...

Nice math you have there:

1) 4*12,000 != 60,000. Off by 25% you are. Why do I think this could be symptomatic?

Remember this?

I expect the vineyard to turn an operating profit in three years.

And:

This is our desired lifestyle and it is a great lifestyle.

I just have to ask, how's it working out for you so far?

Even I, The Great Spanokopitas, make mistakes.

The tasting room is profitable selling our wines.

No we are not Napa but this area is where Napa was 30 years ago.

This is an amazing opportunity to buy your way in at a very low cost.

We are working a deal right now.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by EdM

However, if something for sale is misrepresented, many places will call that fraud.

I stand by my comment. Hiring a subject matter expert may be needed at times where one lacks the personal knowledge.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by EdM

I stand by my comment. Hiring a subject matter expert may be needed at times where one lacks the personal knowledge.

How does one ensure they get a good subject matter expert? Do you need to hire a subject matter expert that is an expert at finding you a good subject matter expert?
Originally Posted by Steelhead

How does one ensure they get a good subject matter expert? Do you need to hire a subject matter expert that is an expert at finding you a good subject matter expert?

He's got "peeps"...
Yeah,...."peeps" that don't stick with him, or ride for his brand, it would seem.

How MANY "Vineyard managers" now ?

Help us out here, Oh Great Spanky, the omnipotent.....

Looks to me like rinsing your brain with a bidet didn't really improve things.

GTC

Fireball,

you ought to head over and a lift a glass with Spanky! everybody that has met him has liked him. the internet is way over-rated in getting to really know people anyway.

Sycamore
Fireball,

you ought to head over and a lift a glass with Spanky! everybody that has met him has liked him. the internet is way over-rated in getting to really know people anyway.

Sycamore

I've met him. Been long enough now I don't remember much. Still begs the question why the internet attitude?

My gentle friends:

Linda and I invite all of you over to enjoy a free glass of our fine wine (or beer) and the elegant ambiance of the Crow and Bear.

Those of you who have never been here will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of our wines and the hospitality offered. Those of you who have been here know whereof I speak.

Just say, "Spano sent me" (not Spanky) and you will be treated with the utmost respect and courtesy.
Looks like a nice place to me.

[video:youtube]watch?v=kb6ErLPt4t8[/video]
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I live about a mile and a half from Matt's property....

For all the critics out there knocking him selling the property for the 1.2 Mill asking price...

I know he has done some upgrades and remodeling on the home, which has made it nicer than it was.... plus he has put in the winery, and all that entails ( which I wouldn't no squat about except that it isn't cheap).....the Tasting Room use to be just a brick building with just a concrete floor, the former owners stored a lawn tractor in and used it as a second garage....

I had talked to the former owners before Matt ever bought the property ( doing something for them thru Boy Scouts)... they were moving to a bigger town.. deciding it was a little too rural for their retirement plans...

Before Matt did anything to that property, the previous owners had that thing for sale for over a year, originally at $1.6 mill, and eventually lowering it to $1.4 million...

Skip doing anything with the winery, and the asking price is well below what the previous owners ( and I think they had it built, as I remember when that was a huge vacant piece of property, cut off from someone's farm that had been in the family for many decades.. when everything around here was cheap cheap cheap..

Less that half a mile down the road from him along the Applegate River, there is a vineyard put in not long before his, that is substantially larger...all former river bottom land, but it has plenty of irrigation to it...

I am sure Matt is far from the only Campfire Member who may have a different personality on line, than in real life...Matt's a real down to earth kind of guy....actually sorta quiet type....

I also know that Matt has also been generous unceremoniously to several campfire members in their times of need.. no big fanfare attached to it...

think what you want of Matt... but he's definitely not trying to rape anyone on the value of that property.... I can show you properties in a several mile radius, that cost a lot more and have a LOT LESS to offer....Prices are low around here, basically because the average local can't even start to afford a place like that...

Thanks for the nice words SF. Standby for incoming...

After this place is sold I'll have time for another (many) sage rat shoots.
Originally Posted by Seafire

For all the critics out there knocking him selling the property for the 1.2 Mill asking price...

I know he has done some upgrades and remodeling on the home, which has made it nicer than it was.... plus he has put in the winery, and all that entails ( which I wouldn't no squat about except that it isn't cheap).....the Tasting Room use to be just a brick building with just a concrete floor, the former owners stored a lawn tractor in and used it as a second garage....

I had talked to the former owners before Matt ever bought the property ( doing something for them thru Boy Scouts)... they were moving to a bigger town.. deciding it was a little too rural for their retirement plans...

Before Matt did anything to that property, the previous owners had that thing for sale for over a year, originally at $1.6 mill, and eventually lowering it to $1.4 million...

Skip doing anything with the winery, and the asking price is well below what the previous owners ( and I think they had it built, as I remember when that was a huge vacant piece of property, cut off from someone's farm that had been in the family for many decades.. when everything around here was cheap cheap cheap..

Less that half a mile down the road from him along the Applegate River, there is a vineyard put in not long before his, that is substantially larger...all former river bottom land, but it has plenty of irrigation to it...

I am sure Matt is far from the only Campfire Member who may have a different personality on line, than in real life...Matt's a real down to earth kind of guy....actually sorta quiet type....

I also know that Matt has also been generous unceremoniously to several campfire members in their times of need.. no big fanfare attached to it...

think what you want of Matt... but he's definitely not trying to rape anyone on the value of that property.... I can show you properties in a several mile radius, that cost a lot more and have a LOT LESS to offer....Prices are low around here, basically because the average local can't even start to afford a place like that...

I am not familiar with the market there and at a glance, I don't think what he's asking is out of line or that he is trying to rape anyone. I don't care for Spano's treatment of members here based solely on his belief they have a lower net worth than him. Treating them like they are beneath him and calling them out for it. To me, that is the essence of low class.

I don't mind going to my room it is huge and opulent and contains all my guns and reloading equipment.

I missed this one earlier.

Closet in my mothers (sic) trailer

I unlike you don't yell from the rooftops what I own to make others feel less so that I may feel better. But I will say, I am doing alright and don't have to worry about retreating to my mother's closet.

Here we go again, avoid reality and sling slurs.

For a guy that asserts his brilliance, your well of thought and wit is quite shallow.

You have mentioned on here many times how you are surrounded by miscreants, ne'er-do-wells, and lawlessness.

My gentle friends:

Linda and I invite all of you over to enjoy a free glass of our fine wine (or beer) and the elegant ambiance of the Crow and Bear.

Those of you who have never been here will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of our wines and the hospitality offered. Those of you who have been here know whereof I speak.

Just say, "Spano sent me" (not Spanky) and you will be treated with the utmost respect and courtesy.

Thanks for the invite spanky, but I don't do "elegant ambiance" very well...
Originally Posted by add

You have mentioned on here many times how you are surrounded by miscreants, ne'er-do-wells, and lawlessness.

Glad you're paying attention.. but I wasn't aware you lived near here also....

Thought you were in the the Land of 10 Million Somalians still...

I missed this one earlier.

Closet in my mothers (sic) trailer

I unlike you don't yell from the rooftops what I own to make others feel less so that I may feel better. But I will say, I am doing alright and don't have to worry about retreating to my mother's closet.

Here we go again, avoid reality and sling slurs.

For a guy that asserts his brilliance, your well of thought and wit is quite shallow.

It is given to people like you (those of low self esteem and lower intelligence) to resent the brilliance of The Great Spanokopitas.

It heartens me to know that your mother has a closet. Please give her my condolences.
[Linked Image]
Somebody told me there's free beer on this thread.

Dave
Yeah but it has been relabeled and put into a box for proper keeping.
Originally Posted by add

What other community could you find to pick you up at the airport and take you to North Mpls at midnight?
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Nope, just cheap wine that's been relabeled after spanky pissed in it...
Originally Posted by add

Pouring beer into a box?

Sounds German.

Dave
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Good luck to you and your wife in your "real" retirement. That's a nice place and you should have it sold in no time. πŸ‘

Same, same here, Spano. Enjoy that retirement and all that you guys have worked for. May life be long and comfortable for you 2.
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

No free beer but plenty of patronizing condescension towards the unwashed masses.

Step up and help yourself to some Flave.

Our beer is on draught, (not in box) a porter and a pale ale.

Our wines are sold in bottle and in growlers, none in box.

A lot of people badmouthing our products who have never tasted them.

A lot of people who buy our products like them as evidenced by the large amount of repeat business we have.

Stop by for a free tasting.

My gentle friends:

Thanks for the invite spanky, but I don't do "elegant ambiance" very well...

Please stop by anyway we will do our best to make even you feel welcome and at ease.

Don't be scared.

Please stop by anyway we will do our best to make even you feel welcome and at ease.

Don't be scared.

If you'll relabel some strawberry hill & throw in a few buds of the early 70s vintage, I'll have my peeps clear my schedule... wink
Originally Posted by add

Spanky doesn't produce ANY wine. Costco boxed wine is what you get at his place. You can probably get lots of WHINE, though.
Originally Posted by add

Spanky doesn't produce ANY wine. Costco boxed wine is what you get at his place. You can probably get lots of WHINE, though.

Bigfuck---Don't believe you Have ever been here. So, tell me why do you lie about our products?

Just asking.
What part is a lie?

I was there almost two years ago but your man had never heard of Spanky so down the road.
What'll ya take fer just the crow?
He wont catch on to that as he is far too intelligent.
I doubt that I could afford the bear. Besides,...way I hear it they chit like a fuggin' gooose.

I don't wanna have to get up every mornin' and have to start scoopin' bear chit.

One would hope you would treat everyone that way. Especially when representing your own business on the internet.

One shouldn't have to say a secret code word to be treated with the 'utmost respect and courtesy' at a place of business.
If you'll relabel some strawberry hill & throw in a few buds of the early 70s vintage, I'll have my peeps clear my schedule... wink

I got some Strawberry Cough and a Panama Red/Cinderella 99 hybrid. the old school sativas pretty much are gone from the indoor and non-equatorial scene these days, sadly. frown
This thread's starting to get real "Campfire Legs".

....some damn fine humor, gents.

GTC
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by add

What other community could you find to pick you up at the airport and take you to North Mpls at midnight?

white Guys when I lived there...
What part is a lie?

I was there almost two years ago but your man had never heard of Spanky so down the road.

Bigfuck---Did you taste any wine? I doubt if you were here. Describe the tasting room. Or shut the buck up.
[Linked Image]
Wouldn't walk onto the property.

I dealt with you a few years back, you still owe me money chump.
Originally Posted by Medina
Wouldn't walk onto the property.

I dealt with you a few years back, you still owe me money chump.

Why do I believe that so easily?

Are any products sold, sourced onsite?

Thought so...
What part is a lie?

Bigfuck---Did you taste any wine? I doubt if you were here. Describe the tasting room. Or shut the buck up.

Well, dumbazz, your gate wasn't up yet and there was two of your slaves tinkering around near the main road so I stopped and asked them if this was Spanky's place. They both looked pretty blank and one of them said he didn't know a "Spanky." So I left.
"Visionary"

[Linked Image]

Good on you. Don't stop by again. My people are armed.

Over the next few days there is a FREE glass of wine or beer for any American veteran.

Stop in and enjoy.
WTF are your people going to do when you retire?

Who will hire them as minions?

And who, besides us here at the Campfire will you have to look down your nose to?

You pompous Piece of schitt....
Hey Spanky,

Might get more traffic, and offers from a certain segment of the net, if you renamed the place:

The Crow and Watch4bear".

It'd give the term "tasting room", a whole new meaning.

Just tryin to help.
Come on now, I can't believe a bunch of Trump voters are going to harsh on a man who just happens to have more business acumen than they do.

There are only two differences between Trump and Spanky:

• Spanky doesn't need anything from you
  • Spanky is a good man, underneath all the bluster

That is all, carry on.

Sycamore

[*] Spanky doesn't need anything from you

Why then, does he troll this money pit here?
Originally Posted by ingwe

And who, besides us here at the Campfire will you have to look down your nose to?

"Ballad of the Spanker"

Yeah, mama and papa told me
I was crazy to stay
I was gay in Grant's Pass
Just a fΓ g in L.A.
So I saved my money
And I took a plane
Wherever I go they treat me the same

When the whip comes down........

Come on now, I can't believe a bunch of Trump voters are going to harsh on a man who just happens to have more business acumen than they do.

That is all, carry on.

Sycamore

I know you truly believe this, but it isn't true.

Anyone who denigrates others simply because they have less than he does is lower than low. That is not the action of a good man.

So am I.
Hey Spanky,

Might get more traffic, and offers from a certain segment of the net, if you renamed the place:

Just tryin to help.

Help me cough Pendelton through my nose? cause that's what you did
My people are armed.

Since when is willow branch sling-shots loaded with 2nd year grape seeds considered "armed"?

Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by ingwe

"Ballad of the Spanker"

Yeah, mama and papa told me
I was crazy to stay
I was gay in Grant's Pass
Just a fΓ g in L.A.
So I saved my money
And I took a plane
Wherever I go they treat me the same

When the whip comes down........

Good work there. Hell, he'd be "normal" in Portland. Phugging California elitist phaggot.
Quoted to prevent editing or deleting this threat to the health and well-being of Bigbuck215.

Wow. The owner of the Crow and Bear, trying to sell the property, not likely aware anyone googling Matt or his email (all public) [email protected] will find this thread and wonder why he would threaten some goofus posting NO threats or pending disaster?

Holy crap, true colors.

and like others quoted to prevent altering history-

The Crow and Bear has been sold. http://www.landleader.com/land-for-sale/crow-and-bear-winery-grants-pass

We are now homeless or will be in 30 days.
Price reduced....

laughing
Price reduced....

laughing

LOL, damn, wonder what ol spanks has in his back pockets, 995k is front pocket money. laugh
Originally Posted by gunner500
Price reduced....

laughing

LOL, damn, wonder what ol spanks has in his back pockets..laugh

Matching his and her dilldos?
Price reduced....

laughing

25% hit to move it, and a third mortgage taken back.

Course, it's gonna take some $ for the new owner to bulldoze alla those weeds.
LMFAO, Id'a thought a power mover with 'people' would have had at least 10 times that much..................... IN THE CLEAR!
A real bonafide dandelion ranch!
Originally Posted by add
My people are armed.

Since when is willow branch sling-shots loaded with 2nd year grape seeds considered "armed"?

Hahaha. Too true, but they may have a few wine bottles too. grin

That is all, carry on.

Sycamore

And there is fertilizer in chitt, too.
Originally Posted by EdM

That is a very true statement, one of the many reasons we moved from California.

A similar place in CA might be 5 to 10 times more.

This Southern OR wine region, especially the Applegate AVA is booming. It is one of the top ten wine destinations in the World.

If I move to OR it will be smack-dab between the Chetco and Smith. smile
Congratulations on the sale. After looking at all those pictures, I can tell that it is a well cared for place. The house is beautiful along with the tasting room and grounds.

Now on to bigger and better things!
nice crib
Matt, congrats on the sale, enjoy your retirement years.

Cash deal. I get a fat check at COE. Less than I wanted but this is a clean deal with no bank involved no appraisals just a few inspections which I am sure will come up clean.

Big problem now is to find another place. We looked at two today.

Cash deal. I get a fat check at COE. Less than I wanted but this is a clean deal with no bank involved no appraisals just a few inspections which I am sure will come up clean.

Big problem now is to find another place. We looked at two today.

Congrats. Hope you find something you like. The norcal place was sure nice.
Just think, spanker, if you can make a bigger bundle, that will mean you are better than, and can look down on, an even bigger bundle of losers. You could even end up dying feeling much more mobetter than you do rite now! You could be on the verge of a life fulfilling event leading to earthshaking conditions almost equaling orgasmic ecstacy.

You have the opportunity to become a legend-in your own mind.
Price reduced....

laughing

Must have edited out the MUST SELL part
Spanokopitas gets into more panties than Brad Pitt.
Congratulations, Spano!
I thought about buying your place but it became too much work. Having my people deal with your people is problematic. I don't have any people and the cost of going out and buying people, well you know, it's outrageous. Perhaps, now that you sold the place at a discount, you would consider a discount on your people. It's not like you need them anymore.
Hey Spanky,

Just tryin to help.

a bunch of fat little asian guys will show up wanting to dance
If he gets into panties like that ole prune arse on that video!! Who cares? seen better than that at china-mart

I'm looking forward to re-retiring. I feel as though a great weight has been lifted off my back. I no longer have responsibility for 12,000 employees. I'll still keep many of my people on payroll and have my Chief of Staff run my domestic operations. I'm looking for a foreign Operations Manager. Anyone interested? Send a detailed resume by PM.

Booked an expensive cruise this October. Thinking on buying a Jaguar...
A real bonafide dandelion ranch!

LMFAO!
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Spanokopitas gets into more panties than Brad Pitt.

Yep. It's hilarious.
Spanker, you should get your hearing checked. Money can buy ass, not class.
Spanky,

Will the Crow-Bar still be open for "Tasting"? Did you ever serve Strawberry Hill by Boone's Farm? Some historical hooch there..

Have you'uns shot down the antenna yet? Pics?

I'd keep the dandelions. The Honey bees love 'em and really produce a lot of honey (and more bees) from them. Honey = mead in the making. Expand the wine business with mead (and bees). Money in the bank. wink

Can't find a [bleep] antenna around here anywhere. Damn those things were fun to shoot. Mostly used muzzle stuffers but to really get them you need a Ruger 10/22. Let me know if you see any I'd love to get on one again.

Looked at two houses today both very high end one in a gated community, 4,000sf, a large shop, four car garage, dynamite views, lot of outside gardens and amenities.

The other a little smaller but with even better views and not as much yard maintenance.

The Crow and Bear has been sold. Escrow closed today.

Eschewed the gated one, instead spent $150,000 more for the other. Five acres, gated, knockout view, Machine shop, wood shop, no yard work, 3700sf, wine cellar, hot tub, suana, greenhouse. Room to put in a shooting range.

Spanocopitas is a happy man.

I was afraid senility had taken hold of you.

Take care.

Congratulations. πŸ‘

You spelled your name wrong again. 😁
Classic Spano.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Congratulations. πŸ‘

You spelled your name wrong again. 😁

ROFLMFAO!!!