Home
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
I'm sure that I have stated more than once here that I am eighty one and have beat cancer twice, by the grace of God. That was colon in 1999 and prostate in 2008 so now I have LUNG cancer.

Back in November I crashed a dirt bike and the ER people thought a chest x ray was in order. Nothing found. About two months ago or so I developed a miserable cough, cough cough. Off to the walk in clinic where the doctor gave me a prescription for some good codeine based cough syrup. No help so about ten days later I went back and saw a different doctor.He decided we needed to do a chest x ray and sure enough there is a "mass" in my right lung.

So off to the big hospital for a CT scan. Sure enough. Cancer about the size of a nickel with some lymph nodes looking pretty sad. Next they did a biopsy. Bad. So Monday I will get started on six weeks of radiation with a shot of chemo once a week. Fun!

So, if you're a mind to, I would appreciate a few prayers.

Thanks

Ivan
Posted By: RickBin Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
You have my prayers and also my best wishes for a full recovery.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Prayers with you

Hank
You have mine as well as many others, I'm sure.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Friend of mine has stood with his wife three times now as she beat cancer.This is over about a ten year period.She is a couple years younger than you but beat it the last time less than a year ago.
You got 'em, my friend. Been down the "Big C" road with "The Warden", and wouldn't even wish cancer on my worst enemy!
Posted By: krp Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Ivan, both Cheryl and I have been sending you our best strength and prayers. You are one of her favorites... and mine also.

Kent
How can I not pray for a guy named Ivan? You got it.

Steve.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Kick cancer's ass again, Ivan.
Ivan, I'm very sorry to hear this. You certainly have my prayers.

Ed
Done!
Nothing pisses off big C like folks with grit.

Best wishes Ivan
Posted By: Dale K Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
My mother in law beat lung cancer. Best wishes to you.

Dale
Posted By: yhc Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Lifted up a prayer on your behalf Ivan.

Regards,
Posted By: Scott F Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
You have mine.
Ya got them. Wish that I could do more. miles
Posted By: tzone Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Ivan, you got em from here.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Sorry to hear that, BigBuck. Best wishes for your recovery.

L.W.
Hate to hear that. I have prayed and hope for the very best for you.
Ivan,

You have my prayers, you have my forever friendship, and you have my love. May the Grace of God be with you again.

Remember, I am just a call away if you need anything at all.

Lynn
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Prayers sent for you! God Bless!
Prayers offered up for a good outcome.
Hang in there you gotem from Michigan!
Posted By: SKane Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Ivan,

I salute you for licking it twice - and for riding a riding a dirt bike into your 80's. smile
Twer I betting man, I'd bet the farm on you licking it a third time!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Prayers on the way
Ivan

Seems were in the same boat, hopefully with both of us paddling and others prayers we can cross this river even with the swift current. Prayers to you and yours. GW
Originally Posted by SKane
Ivan,

I salute you for licking it twice - and for riding a riding a dirt bike into your 80's. smile

+1... Hang in there, I am pulling for you.
You've got prayers coming from my house Sir.
Posted By: kingston Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
May you be the first to say wrecking a dirt bike in your 80's saved your life!!! Kick cancer's ass! I pulling for you Ivan.
Posted By: Owl Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Ivan, sorry to hear about the cancer. Sounds like you've kicked it around the block twice already.

You caught it early. That is the key. Eat healthy, get the rest that you need.

You'll beat it a third time.

Prayers, and continued prayers to bolster you up and support you in your time of need.

Jeff
Hey Ivan,

You have some folks in N.C. praying for you. Keep us posted.
Major bummer. Prayers sent.
Prayers sent from here
Good luck pard. Kick its ass.
Sounds like you're already on the road to recovery.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16

Prayers and good thoughts headed your way.
Mine, too.
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Ivan

Seems were in the same boat, hopefully with both of us paddling and others prayers we can cross this river even with the swift current. Prayers to you and yours. GW

Prayers sent for you, also, oldtimer.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Hey, you got this. Don't let that bastard get you down.
Our friend Ivan, he has lots of folks pulling for him.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Owl Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Kent- Thanks for posting the pics from this year's gathering at Roosevelt.

Some great pics of Ivan, and the rest of the motley crew.
Seafire posted them in our group thread, I just borrowed them.

Kent
A great big THANK YOU all for praying and to everybody else! Lots of support means a lot when you kinda feel like you are about to run out of aces.

Monday I will start on radiation once a day, M-F, for six weeks with a dose of chemo once a week. If all goes as planned, I just might be able to make Armijo Springs.

Kent, Cheryl and I missed out on our long visit last time but tell her we will make it happen this time. It is great to have friends like everybody here.
Best wishes Ivan. Done that trip a couple of times myself. Have found that telling your C that you're too busy to die seems to work.
Getcha this on a T-shirt!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
A great big THANK YOU all for praying and to everybody else! Lots of support means a lot when you kinda feel like you are about to run out of aces.

Monday I will start on radiation once a day, M-F, for six weeks with a dose of chemo once a week. If all goes as planned, I just might be able to make Armijo Springs.

Kent, Cheryl and I missed out on our long visit last time but tell her we will make it happen this time. It is great to have friends like everybody here.

Please do _ I don't believe we've met FTF before.
Done. Amen.

I love your attitude. Kick it down the road. ;-{>8
Posted By: norm99 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
done man ,,,, i fight skin cancer every day.

norm
Ivan, Joe told us a few days ago and I was sure bummed to hear it. We are pulling for you. I hope you feel well enough to make NM this summer too!
Originally Posted by SKane
Ivan,

I'll second that!
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Best wishes big guy. Beat it again.
Done
Posted By: 700LH Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/19/16
Done, our best from here.
You got em sir

Fight the good fight

F cancer
Do it one more time Ivan!
Prayers on the way from TX
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
I hate to hear this Ivan, Prayers for you fur a full recovery.

You kicked cancers ass twice already, now lets make it three bro!
Beat it down big man! Prayers sent.
Posted By: bangeye Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
I sorry for your news Ivan. Best wishes.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Ivan, I'm very sorry to hear this. You certainly have my prayers.

Ed

And mine, as well.
Joel
Posted By: dale06 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Hang in there man
You'll be three for three with cancer a year from now
Posted By: VAhuntr Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Prayers sent.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
On the way, Ivan... Damn stuff's tenacious..
Posted By: CEJ1895 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Prayer's sent!
Posted By: g5m Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Prayers and best wishes Bigbuck.
Posted By: memtb Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Ivan, You've proven that you can beat the cancer. Keep the faith, keep the will to fight, and you'll do it again! memtb
On the way. Kick it's A$$ again!!
Posted By: ISRO Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Prayers sent
If you are crashing motorcycles and surviving at 80 years old, you can kick this cancer's a$$. Hang in there, yo tough old sonova gun!

Prayers sent. Some of those prayers are thanks for having a guy like you here with us.
Prayers on the way.
Prayers sent.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
You've got them, Amigo.

FWIW to you, a distant friend's wife was late stage 4 and was able to get in on the trials involving T-Cell modification to the body's immune system, works sort of like dialysis for the re-entry to the body. She's in total remission for the past 8 months. The friend's Dad is a retired M.D. and he led the research on the latest.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Prayers with you
Prayers on the way ...
Hello Ivan, I'm saddened to hear your news. Yes, I will send prayers for you. Wishing you all the best.

You can beat this.

Stay strong!
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
You've got them, Amigo.

FWIW to you, a distant friend's wife was late stage 4 and was able to get in on the trials involving T-Cell modification to the body's immune system, works sort of like dialysis for the re-entry to the body. She's in total remission for the past 8 months. The friend's Dad is a retired M.D. and he led the research on the latest.

Man, that is great news! Hooray for the lady!
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
I believe she got this via M.D. Anderson to, possibly, Sloan Kettering.

Immune cell(s) modification to recognize cancer and disallow cancer from supressing the immune system (subduing the supressors) is the new frontier for treatment of this despicable disease that continues to rob us of loved ones and dear friends.

Good luck going forward, Pard.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Originally Posted by Dale K
My mother in law beat lung cancer. Best wishes to you.

Dale

It can indeed be done!

Doesn't take away from me hating to hear this news....

All the best for a speedy win over this Bigbuck!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Done here
Prayer sent for your recovery and health. So far just prostate cancer for me.
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
I'm sure that I have stated more than once here that I am eighty one and have beat cancer twice, by the grace of God. That was colon in 1999 and prostate in 2008 so now I have LUNG cancer.

Back in November I crashed a dirt bike and the ER people thought a chest x ray was in order. Nothing found. About two months ago or so I developed a miserable cough, cough cough. Off to the walk in clinic where the doctor gave me a prescription for some good codeine based cough syrup. No help so about ten days later I went back and saw a different doctor.He decided we needed to do a chest x ray and sure enough there is a "mass" in my right lung.

So off to the big hospital for a CT scan. Sure enough. Cancer about the size of a nickel with some lymph nodes looking pretty sad. Next they did a biopsy. Bad. So Monday I will get started on six weeks of radiation with a shot of chemo once a week. Fun!

Thanks

Ivan

Damn sorry to hear this Bigbuck215 no one should have to battle Cancer 3 times. Im going thru Chemo now for Colon Cancer. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you have beat it twice you can do it again. I really am starting to dislike this cancer crap.

Good Luck Sir.
Posted By: Deans Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Just saw this. Prayers sent.

Deans
Sir you have my prayers. I have to say that if you're 81, have beat cancer twice and just wrecked your dirt bike you are one tough dude. Not only do I believe you'll beat cancer I'm more afraid FOR the cancer.lol

God bless
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Thanks

Ivan

Damn sorry to hear this Bigbuck215 no one should have to battle Cancer 3 times. Im going thru Chemo now for Colon Cancer. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you have beat it twice you can do it again. I really am starting to dislike this cancer crap.

Good Luck Sir.

Cancer is easy to dislike, huh.

And I will be praying for you.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Lots of us cancer survivors on this forum.

You know how to beat it. Just do it again.
BigBuck, Best wishes for your recovery. Prayers on the way. It was a true pleasure to get acquainted with you at Tonto Basin. I know your presence there was enjoyed by all. The pictures snapped me right back there.

I hope you get to take many more trips in your RV. And more rides on your dirtbike, too. I look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future.
Posted By: djs Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16

Thanks

Ivan

You got them as well as my thoughts.
My prayers, thoughts & best wishes for a full recovery.

I have a fairly good friend who begins treatment for the exact same thing, stage III, on Monday, also a 6 week initial regimen.

MM
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Ivan, you sound like one tough sonofabitch. I would be humbled to pray for you. Godspeed and His healing.
Ivan , prayers sent, keep fighting !
Posted By: Seafire Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sir you have my prayers. I have to say that if you're 81, have beat cancer twice and just wrecked your dirt bike you are one tough dude. Not only do I believe you'll beat cancer I'm more afraid FOR the cancer.lol

God bless

If you've never met Ivan... he's a hell of a guy.

Real down to earth and humble, yet you spend time around him, he's a perfect example of the type of guy I looked up to growing up, and he's my idea of the fastly disappearing type of guy that made this country great... positive in thought and action, work ethic off the charts, generous.. the list is unending...

I feel blessed to have met him and gotten to know him a little.

What I don't comprehend is the Good Lord not preserving guys like Ivan for as long as the old body is good for, while all of these lazy, spend their life on the couch getting high all day, types are sitting in front of the TV and being cancer free...

things aren't fair in this world...that's for darn sure.

most of us would be blessed to be made of half "the right stuff" that Ivan's made of, believe me... and I doubt anyone else on the campfire that has met Ivan would think anything less...

as my granddad would say, He's tougher than a pine knot.

God be with ya thru all of this Ivan... You're friends on the campfire sure will be pulling for ya.
Those are nice words Seafire and I am sure Ivan is all that you say. I certainly enjoy his posts and look forward to perhaps sharing a post cancer drink with him, should our paths cross. In the meantime time I'll be sending good thoughts his way.
Hey, John, thanks for the writeup. Now I have a reputation to live up to so I guess I'd better not cash in my chips just yet.

Aces, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you in the Seattle area? I have been going out there ever so often so the next time I'll hunt you up. You can have a shot or so of whatever but I'm pretty much a coffee guy.
Posted By: EdM Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/20/16
Ivan,

I met you a bit ago on the Tonto trip and it was clear, quite clear actually, that you were, while gentle, proper and kind, hard as nails (pardon all of the commas as I am just a simple engineer so a brilliant one like CCCC can correct). As such I look forward to chatting and shooting again with you next year at the Tonto gathering. See you then.

Ed
Cancer sucks, big time. mad
Hey, John, thanks for the writeup. Now I have a reputation to live up to so I guess I'd better not cash in my chips just yet.

Aces, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you in the Seattle area? I have been going out there ever so often so the next time I'll hunt you up. You can have a shot or so of whatever but I'm pretty much a coffee guy.

I'm north of Seattle about 45 minutes. Let me know and we'll get coffee.
Posted By: KuiLei Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16
Pulling for you to kick its ass x3!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16

I'm north of Seattle about 45 minutes. Let me know and we'll get coffee.

with traffic, that would be about Mont Lake Terrace, wouldn't it? grin you'll enjoy Ivan a lot...

Ivan, if ya can't make Quemado, then some of us may have to stop by in Billings to check up on ya, on the way down....
Ivan, I sure hate to hear this. Cancer is one terrible thing, and I am certainly going to be praying for your full and complete recovery.
Ivan, you have my prayers in this latest fight against that damned cancer.

Take care.

Mark
Posted By: tomk Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16
will do
It's just a diversion to give you something to do in June, it's a boring month anyways. You'll be ready to ride soon enough.

Godspeed
Posted By: Aviator Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16
Done
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16
My thoughts are with you and your family.

donsm70
Aces, I have relatives in the Stanwood area so that should be easy to do. So now all I have to do is beat this lousy cancer and with all you guys pulling for me, I surely will win.

Ed, I sure enjoyed visiting with you and hope to see you at Quemado.

Steelhead, I hadn't thought about it that way but you just might be right on. May and June here are real "cabin fever" months.

I really am overwhelmed with all the support all of you are showing. And I have some PMs that are amazing. Thank you a zillion times. I am sure that I have some rough, rocky roads ahead of me but when that happens I will gain strength by reading this thread again.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16
Kick it's ass Bigbuck!
Aces, I have relatives in the Stanwood area so that should be easy to do. So now all I have to do is beat this lousy cancer and with all you guys pulling for me, I surely will win.

Small world as I'm on Camano. Let me know next time you're in town and we can go to the new French pastry shop here on the island.
Don't be afraid to slip one to a nurse!
Posted By: broomd Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16
Lifted up, Ivan...give it heck...
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Roofies?

Roofies?

I was thinking a body part, but I ain't from WA...
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/21/16
Prayers sent.

Always try!
Ivan - prayers rebooted - and I hope you make Q, feeling well!
Prayers lifted for peace, comfort, and healing according to God's will...
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Ivan - prayers rebooted - and I hope you make Q, feeling well!

Thank you! And I sure hope to be there also.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/22/16
My thoughts and prayers to you for a speedy recovery to full health
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/23/16
Originally Posted by RickBin
You have my prayers and also my best wishes for a full recovery.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Same here -haven't posted in a little while - I hate to hear that Ivan best of luck to you my internet friend ! wink
Posted By: Scotty Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/23/16
praying for you.
Jeebus, good luck!
On the positive side, in a year you'll be able to say you beat cancer three times.

P
Posted By: JD338 Re: Lousy, miserable CANCER!! - 05/23/16
Prayers sent from MI.

JD338
You got'em my friend!
Prayers, sir.
Prayers sent to a fellow Montanan.
© 24hourcampfire