Home
Posted By: Bristoe Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/26/16
Lot of of things happening today and Vox Popoli gets around to this.

I suppose it could be called the "good riddance" post. I'm all in favor of it.

Should be some good discussion.

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/05/disavowing-nevertrump.html
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/26/16
Keep that intra-Republican war going, there, Bristoe. Too many folks think that the Democrats are our enemy, can't let them drive the conversation.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/26/16
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Keep that intra-Republican war going, .

It will go where it goes.
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/26/16
there's no war, everything GOPe is officially irrelevant.

DT @ 1238 puts the matter to bed , get on board or get plowed under...bigly.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/26/16
reading that article

ever notice when they talk about a state like West Virginia they say the people that support Trump are "white working class"

I don't think I've ever heard the term "black working class"

The true phenomenon with Trump is that regardless of the color of your collar - blue or white - the disparity between the wealthy and everyone else is so great that he's pulling in a very wide demographic.

Its not just the blue collar working man that supports Trump, its their managers, accountants, lawyers, salesman, and so on.
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/26/16
Originally Posted by KFWA

due to it being a contradiction in terms
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/26/16
reading that article

ever notice when they talk about a state like West Virginia they say the people that support Trump are "white working class"

The true phenomenon with Trump is that regardless of the color of your collar - blue or white - the disparity between the wealthy and everyone else is so great that he's pulling in a very wide demographic.

Its not just the blue collar working man that supports Trump, its their managers, accountants, lawyers, salesman, and so on.

That's true.

What many people have failed to realize, however, is that the Democrats, who used to *claim* to be the party of the working class, have turned into anything *but*.

Hillary gets up and loudly proclaims that if she's elected, "a lot of coal miners will be out of work".

Basically, the Democrats don't represent anybody in America. The GOPe doesn't either.

The Republican rank and file have started to address that issue of their side.

The Democrats have yet to get around to it.

This election isn't going to be between Democrats and Republicans. It's going to be "Does your candidate represent America or not?"

All of the Republicans and half the Democrats realize that Hillary doesn't.
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/29/16
When Bristoe starts making sense, time to open a new bottle.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/29/16
Originally Posted by Bristoe
reading that article

That's true.

What many people have failed to realize, however, is that the Democrats, who used to *claim* to be the party of the working class, have turned into anything *but*.

Hillary gets up and loudly proclaims that if she's elected, "a lot of coal miners will be out of work".

Basically, the Democrats don't represent anybody in America. The GOPe doesn't either.

The Republican rank and file have started to address that issue of their side.

The Democrats have yet to get around to it.

This election isn't going to be between Democrats and Republicans. It's going to be "Does your candidate represent America or not?"

All of the Republicans and half the Democrats realize that Hillary doesn't.

This. Bristoe hit it on the head again. It's not about the party anymore. We are all lucky that Trump decided to call himself a republican. He could have easily said he was a democrat. Even as a democrat he was going to beat Hillary because Hillary is so far out of touch with Americans. It's now about Americans who are lifting the load and paying the taxes. Party be damned. We can only hope The Donald lives up to the hype.

kwg
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/29/16
The democrats are for the upper classes of privileged victim groups.

As my wife points out, I may be on the absolute bottom, but she is not.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/29/16
Originally Posted by 320Keith
When Bristoe starts making sense, time to open a new bottle.

Mine is Kirkland blended scotch in the 1.75L version... yours?
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/30/16
Lots folks ain't figured out that most of us have NEVER voted for candidates............ we vote AGAINST one another.

All thru the R Primaries, I voted AGAINST all of you who were FOR Trump. And I still believe you sold out the 2A by supporting him.

Come November I'll vote AGAINST everybody who likes the Dem candidate, hoping Trump will choose a Conservative as V P and then die quickly.
My nephew, an avowed Never-Trumper, just yesterday texted me that he's decided to vote for Trump. His reason is that he so hates the groups that are hostile to him, and wants to see them defeated and demoralized.

I tell you, those rioters holding up Mexican flags to oppose Trump couldn't be doing a better job of getting Trump votes if he paid them to do it.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Disavowing #NeverTrump - 05/30/16
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Lots folks ain't figured out that most of us have NEVER voted for candidates............ we vote AGAINST one another.

All thru the R Primaries, I voted AGAINST all of you who were FOR Trump. And I still believe you sold out the 2A by supporting him.

Come November I'll vote AGAINST everybody who likes the Dem candidate, hoping Trump will choose a Conservative as V P and then die quickly.

Like that will ever happen. Waited for a miracle to strike Obama for eight years. Depressing to think that for another eight years we will be in wait with Clinton or Trump. Lot of us on here are old enough that we won't have to suffer through it. You younger members will have to live with those choices until the new world order is in total control. GW
© 24hourcampfire