Home
i'm finding some from .07 to .08.

sure wish it would start to come down

I buy a brick every time I go into Academy. About 6-7 cents per round ($30-35 per brick) - don't think it's gonna get much, if any, cheaper personally.

Edit - to be clear this is just for typical bulk Ammo, not minimags, etc.
Mini mags 10 to 14 cents a round. CCI's mostly
I've bought some lately in the 7-8 cent range just to keep up supplies. One of my best friends has been eating into my supply to keep his son shooting which is good for the kid but causing me to run lower on supplies that I've been for a long time.
It rained here awhile back and we had a few short days at work.

Got drunk, worried and ordered some off the internet.

10 cents a pop for hollow points.

Originally Posted by SamOlson
It rained here awhile back and we had a few short days at work.

Got drunk, worried and ordered some off the internet.

10 cents a pop for hollow points.

Ain't drinking a wonder?
Ed, you know the drill, if you aren't working you are more than likely spending money!

.08-10 I just received a shipment of browning 40gr (never used them before) thunderbolts and cci standard 1070fps today. I'm drinking a lagunitas sucks beer.
Rancho has showed up with Lagunitas and they are awesome.
I have some 22lr for sale in the classifieds
I like the brown sugga. I'm enjoying a brown sugga substitute ale....... The are good beers even though lagunitas sucks. wink
Been buying a little every once in a while if the price suits me and I'm familiar with the brand.

Average around 6 - 7 cents a round for standard velocity solid nose.
10 - 12 cents a round for high velocity hollow points in 50 and 100 round plastic packs.

Saw some CCI Stingers @ 14 cents a round but passed on them though.
I have not seen any 22 f2f on the shelves for a year. I bought a brick ar careless about 18 months ago. Bass pro had few boxes of 50 for $7 each about then too.
I would gladly pay .06-07 a round...... I haven't seen mini mags or stingers in a long time.
Haven't purchased any .22 RF ammo in over a year and previous to that it was about 3 years, that being some WRF ammo. Have sufficient supplies of the preferred ammo to last quite a spell at the rate I'm going. Brick of this and that carries far when you don't shoot it.

Cast bullet loads in small cap .22 and .25 cal cases is cheap. Biggest cost is the primer. Couple of grains of Bullseye and 44 grains of lead in a. Hornet is = to a .22 RF HV.
The last stuff I found was CCI AR Tactical. $28.97/300 rounds. By the time you add sales tax, it's just about right at .10
Saw this in this months FF&G.....anyone tried one...

http://22lrreloader.com/
.06 to .075 at my local Walmart. About twice a month they have the CCI or Winchester that I want, I pass on the Remington ammo.
I scored on some cci pest control at Walmart....... I was buying some oil and filter for the ride and thought I would take a look see behind the ammo counter. The blue jays better be quiet at 6am
Still not seen any recognized name brands out here in the sticks. Seeing some foreign stuff through for 50 to $60 a brick.
Got lucky a few weeks back. My local range got a big shipment of Remington in. 27.00 a brick. Bought a case.
Sportsman's Whs has been carrying some match stuff at a high price. I haven't seen anything else anywhere in town in a LONG time. Stuff online always costs too much to ship, sometimes raising the price by 50% or more.
.09-.10 for CCI, delivered; .16 delivered for RWS SSHP.

I don't even look locally. I don't buy any crap ammo, only stuff I like.

One of my sources generally has no limit or at most a limit of 1000. Midway often has a 500 round limit, so I order other stuff I want at the same time to cut shipping cost.

Sportsmans Guide regularly has free shipping offers, but so far hasn't had any .22s I want. I have gotten free shipping on .223s a couple of times.
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Not likely it'll ever be lower than that again. The '90s are over.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Still not seen any recognized name brands out here in the sticks. Seeing some foreign stuff through for 50 to $60 a brick.

Around here, I can get Aguila SuperExtra stuff for about 8cents per, and it's better than most of the US made stuff I've tried lately. I'm really impressed with the stuff, though the Eley priming doesn't appeal to my nose much. It shoots well enough to make me ignore that smell.

In fact, I think I'd rather have the Aguila than anything Remington makes, and some of what Winchester makes, too.
Demand is still outstripping supply here in Minnesota. It does seem to stay on the shelves a bit longer when places do get it in, but it's still tough to come by. I've got enough put away that I don't go out of my way to look for it, but don't pass it up if I find any either. I'm more focused on stocking up on 9mm and .223 right now.
I haven't had to buy any in a looooooong time, but did pick up some federal automatch (a few boxes) a couple months ago. That stuff seems to be floating around pretty good at the local gunshows and such. I was looking at my stash and it's dwindling down a bit. Going to a rimfire match today so I'll be burning up some of my ammo. Good thing I stocked up a long time ago and I also don't shoot much 22lr. Hopefully we start seeing a little more of the stuff on the shelves. I have standards though and won't buy that cheap azzed Remington 22lr. Federal and American eagle (federal) is about all I ever use.
I had an inkling about the trajectory of this country, and about what was going to happen after 0 got elected. Each time I went into Fleet Farm I bought a brick of 500 for well under $20. At the same time I was ordering a brick or two of Aquila super colibri a month. By the time things got sparse I had accumulated a generational supply for our family's needs.

I have not seen any .22 at FF in years….likely not since January 2013. Thankfully I will never have to buy .22 again in my lifetime. Our boys probably won't either. By the time their children are coming up I dread to imagine the extent of the damage that will have been done to our freedoms if things keep trending the way they are.

Immediately after I had acquired our family supply of .22, I switched my purchases to shotgun, rifle and handgun ammo. I have been done with those acquisitions for almost a year….Feels much better than money in the bank, with current interest rates versus the inflation of ammo prices.

In retirement, or sooner, I plan to get set up for reloading for a hobby.

We are in a battle in this country, and if things go wrong this next election cycle there will be an intensifying war against our entire way of life. Trump was not my first choice during the primary. Now after hearing his 2nd amendment stance, learning he has a carry permit, and seeing who is against him, including RINOs, the media, violent protesters, BLM, etc. I am now all in for him.

I haven't seen any at Walmart in years. Some of the local gun shops get in a few boxes from time to time. There is an Academy in the next town, about 35 miles south of here where I pick up a box or 2 anytime I'm in the area.

The only place I've seen it consistently is Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna. That is a long drive, 60+ miles, so I don't go there often, but if I'm in the area make a detour there. They have had it sitting in the floor on pallets for over a year. CCI minimags are $10/100 rounds. They have been selling Norma TAC 22 ammo for $5/50. The Norma shoots well in my guns.

I can't remember the last time I saw the cheaper bulk 500 round boxes anywhere. The stuff I've been buying the last couple of years is more expensive. But shoots so much better I probably won't go back to the cheap ammo even if it becomes available.
was in the Bass Pro, Dania Beach, the other day with Greg, Local Dirt.
They had 1400 round buckets for .06 a round. I bought three boxes of CCI MiniMag for .08 a round.
They had about 20 different kinds of .22 LR on hand, and lots of it.
Paid 8cts here, but the prettiest little plastic box. grin
I haven't bought much in the last year. $.05 a round is about as much as I'd pay and they're still a bit over that.

yeah, they're still a bit over $.05 a round in these parts too....

I rarely see 22lr ammo on shelves around here and when it does show it's $.10/rnd at best.

I see a lot of this Federal Automatch online, any thoughts on how it shoots?
I like Blazer. Inexpensive and does well in my rifles.

Never tried Fed Automatch.
Walmart comes through again:

Today, two boxes of Federal AutoMatch 325ct, $17.42/box or $0.0536/round. They had a good pile of Remington .22LR, too.
Bulk Ammo dot com seems to have a lot in stock.
Maybe not the best prices, but they ship fast.
I see a lot of this Federal Automatch online, any thoughts on how it shoots?
I have a Shaw heavy barreled 10-22. Federal Automatch shoots better than any other round I've shot in it and I've shot a lot of different brands and tppes. I'd guess over 2 dozen. It's now the only kind I buy.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Today, two boxes of Federal AutoMatch 325ct, $17.42/box or $0.0536/round. They had a good pile of Remington .22LR, too.
I don't get it. We NEVER get .22's in ours.

That's a great buy! Good for you!
Originally Posted by Tracks
Bulk Ammo dot com seems to have a lot in stock.
Maybe not the best prices, but they ship fast.

You aren't kidding they're expensive. They're asking almost 3 times what a 500 round brick should cost if that does not include shipping in that price.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I haven't bought much in the last year. $.05 a round is about as much as I'd pay and they're still a bit over that.

As long as you don't care if you ever get any again, you'll be fine. Many don't, having all they anticipate needing.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I like Blazer. Inexpensive and does well in my rifles.

Never tried Fed Automatch.

blazer shoots surprisingly tight and consistent in my savage mkII
I always keep my eye out for it at academy and midsouth shooters supply along with the cci sgb,40 grain minimags and velocitors
Originally Posted by RickyD

I don't get it. We NEVER get .22's in ours.

That's a great buy! Good for you!

Your store should be getting shipments on a regular basis. Ask the store manager how often and on what days to expect it. If it's not making it to the shelf then the employee's are pulling some stockroom shenanigans.

My store's employee's tell me that it won't come on Sunday or Wednesday night trucks (here), and to enter the store number on Walmart.com before 0700 and search to see what was scanned into stock.
I've been finding Winchester X and Browning BRP for around $.10 /rd and bricks of 500 Rem Thunderbolt for $.06 / rd.
18.00-20.00 for 325 of automatch. That is the only plinker ammo I look at. Pretty much available everywhere around here.
Just happened to hit the stockers just right at Wal-Mart for our maximum

6 box's of 550 Winchester at $23 per for my wife and myself

Bass Pro in Ft Lauderdale had Remington bulk packs, 1400 rounds, for .06 each. They had CCI Mini Mags for .08
There be a little shop in Citrus Springs, FL called Patriot Sporting Goods. They have more .22 RF ammo on the shelf than the average Joe could use in 3 lifetimes. No high end match ammo, but everything else in spades.
I found 3-333 packs at Wally World for $18 or about $.05/ea, but been paying 2x that since, and those 333s are long gone.

I think the cheapest I seen since was a brick of RP Thunderbolts for $43.

I'm buying whatever I can afford if I see em a dime or less. When the Reps like Jordan give Hil the Whitehouse it'll be impossible to find fresh food for 22s!
Originally Posted by efw

I'm buying whatever I can afford if I see em a dime or less. When the Reps like Jordan give Hil the Whitehouse it'll be impossible to find fresh food for 22s!

I fully agree. Buy up to .10/rd and buy NOW.

I've been finding it on these shelves for years and don't pay a thing...

[Linked Image]
Usually about 8-10 cents per round
Originally Posted by shrapnel

[Linked Image]

better stock up on some more of that death march 8mm nambu stuff
Sportsmen's Warehouse off Platte seems to have .22 a lot. They had several bricks of Federal Auto Match on the customer service counter last time I was there.
I haven't really been going out of my way to find it, but don't pass it up if I do find some. I'm up to several thousand rounds now.

watch these guys.....just bought a 5K rd case for $405 shipped

Agulia copper coated 1270 fps....

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-long-rifle-ammo-c-202.aspx
'Bout .06 a round for CCI mini-mags in the 300 round "choot em" packs at a local shop. He just got 3 more cases Monday.
Im not buying 22LR at this time. Haven't bought any in a couple of years. My stock of 40K rounds is plenty for now.

At Cabelas last weekend and paid 10 cents for the high velocity HP in the 100 rd plastic packs.

[Linked Image]

Shrapnel, Can I shop at your store? Fully stocked shelves, and priced right
.22LR is easy enough to find. Where the hell is all the .22 mag ammo?
Bought a few bricks of really good old ammo for $45 each, last I bought.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
.22LR is easy enough to find. Where the hell is all the .22 mag ammo?

22MAG is out there, but it is hard to find and cost too much when you do find it. mad
I stopped buying after I figured out where my friends store their 22LR.

Dave
I have tons of 22 mag. It was easy to find locally until a local shop sold almost 100 pmr30's for $349 each one weekend. Now you can't find 22 mag on the shelf anywhere. I'm glad I already had about 10,000 rounds.

Bb

[Linked Image]

+1!!!!

Travis
Winchester 333's about $0.05 per round @ local hardware store...
i might know, maybe not, about a 5k count of federal .22lr obtained during a b.k. sale for 50bucks. or, a 5k case of remington peters in the old green boxes for about the same amount.
Don't believe either have been touched yet.
the remington comes from a period when they actually put powder in the casings.
Originally Posted by willhunt4
Got lucky a few weeks back. My local range got a big shipment of Remington in. 27.00 a brick. Bought a case.

You need a case of remingtons so you can get about 1/2 of them to shoot.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Demand is still outstripping supply here in Minnesota. It does seem to stay on the shelves a bit longer when places do get it in, but it's still tough to come by. I've got enough put away that I don't go out of my way to look for it, but don't pass it up if I find any either. I'm more focused on stocking up on 9mm and .223 right now.

I have been able to find it everywhere Ive looked except Fleet Farm and Gander Mt.

Supply here in Kentucky seems to have out paced the rate that the neckbeards can buy it. I've been able to find it almost every time I walk into a store. Mostly mini-mags and automatch. Couple weeks ago cabelas had the buckets. I buy it when I see it even if I don't need it. If Trump blows this election there is gonna be a run on ammo like you'd never seen before.
22LR prices are still too high for me!!!

I've not bought anything in previous 4 yrs.
This year I'm buying only what I shoot up.
Trying to be as picky on prices as possible.

GS are still way way too high. I just pass it up.

Swapped for a 325 box of Fed auto match. Good deal.

Got a brick for CCI blazers for $29 at LGS. 3x old price.

Got a brick of RWS match rifle on line for $79. 1.5x old price.

Got a brick of CCI velocitors for $89. 2.5x old price.
Im seeing it all over the place.past couple years b4 zilch.22mag not so much .
Walmart came through for me again tonight. First purchase, 900 rds of CCI AR Tactical: $0.072

Clerk told me to come back an hour later, soooo.....

975 rds of Federal AutoMatch: $0.058

Bam! That just happened!! smile smile
just opened a Cabelas a few months back here

I'm low on .45, 22lR (define low I guess, about 3K rounds at this point) , .38 and 9mm lugar

My daughter plays lacrosse once a week up there so I'm just gonna drop by and $100 there for the remainder of summer until I get back to where I can live with another 8 years of democrats.
Walmart yesterday morning, 2 boxes winchester m-22 1000 per box, $50.87/box. 1 box cci are tactical 300rds $19.97
Local pawn shop had 500rd bricks of Federal HV Match Gold Medal for $49.95 so I bought one, even though it exceeded my normal goal of .06/rd. They also had a big pile of various Aguila .22LR, Browning .22LR, Winchester X .22LR, and Remington .22LR .

Walmart had several boxes of Federal AutoMatch (325 rds).

Walmart today, Federal 22lr, 50rd box --$3.27 + tax, 3 box limit.
Not a Federal fan, but ok for plinking
Week before last, Walmart, CCI Mini-Mags, 100 rd plastic boxes, $7.47 + KY sales tax.

These were just laying in the floor behind the sporting goods counter, in a single unopened cardboard box, along with a few other opened and unopened boxes of various other caliber and brands of ammunition, and no sporting goods clerk anywhere to be found.

Surprisingly for me, this was a little after 5:00 pm, on a Monday.
Bought a box of 555 Winchester .22LR Thursday at the Walmart at La Marque, Texas for $27 and some change + tax. Also had some Federal Auto-Match and some CCI, but do not recall the prices.
bought 2 boxes of CCI 100rd. shorts for 9.97 each yesterday.For my Bearcat.
Originally Posted by Hugh
bought 2 boxes of CCI 100rd. shorts for 9.97 each yesterday.For my Bearcat.

My Bearcat hates shorts, Colibris, and even the CCI Quiet22s, which are quite accurate in other guns. Go figure.
Academy had LOTS of .22LR today - no limit. So, I bought 18 boxes of CCI Standard Velocity (50ct boxes), $3.99/box. They had lots of various Federal and Aguila; also 100ct boxes of Winchester and Browning.
6 cents a shot

https://www.natchezss.com/federal-champion-target-22-lr-40-gr-sld-rimfire-ammunition-50-box.html

I bought a few bricks a few years ago for $38 and change each. I've been pretty frugal with them. I have seen plenty of empty shelves since too. A few months ago I was building a fireplace for a guy who was knockin squirrels out of his trees with a fancy top shelf .22 air rifle. I can't remember the brand but it was .22, rifled, scoped, very accurate, very quiet, and IIRC shot something like 1350 fps.

I've been thinking of looking into getting one of these, not to replace a .22lr but to supplement one. I haven't messed with air rifles since I was a kid, but this one I saw was nothing like the old Crossman .177 pump ups I had back then. Have any of you tried these out, or have recommendations, advice etc. on them?
No. .00

Small cap cases, lead and a pinch of powder is cheaper and played right, more accurate. My current supply of RF ammo will outlive me.
I used to occasionally shoot my twenty-twos, but since the shortages of recent years I got out of the habit. Not because I didn't have any stockpiled. I have thousands of rounds stockpiled, and did before the shortages too. I guess I'm conditioned now to be in the conservation mode rather than shooting mode, when it comes to rimfire.
Picked up some more Auto Match yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse for $22 per 325 round box. All of my .22s shoot it pretty well and it's consistently reliable. They also had some Remington crap, and misc. match ammo in 50 rd boxes.
I find some now and then, but won't pay more than .05 a round. At Wally World the other day, found a box of Winchester, 1000 rounds, for $49.95
This past "shortage" and current prices, is proof that all along, the shortage was brought on by the manufacturers themselves. The good stuff is still priced where it needs to be and the junk is still junk; just costs more.

The manufacturers won. Nothing but a contrived shortage.....
Me & two buddies just split another case of 5K rds...

Target Sports USA....$385 shipped......not bulk packed either

10 50 rd pks per brick...just less than 8 cents a rd shipped....

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-long-rifle-ammo-c-202.aspx

[Linked Image]
LGS had CCI Mini-Mags for $7 per 100.
Dicks has Fed Auto Match $18 per 325.
CCI std vel for $4 per 50
Plenty in stock around here for now.

Coach
I have a few thousand rounds now so I have not been buying on sight. Good stuff (CCI MiniMag, Win Super X, etc) is $10 / 100 - bulk Rem TBolts are $35/500. Some of that is showing up as well as lots of the Aguila stuff. That ammo stinks when you shoot it so I try to stay with the domestic stuff.
Every place I've been to that has 22lr it's .10 a round so I don't buy it.
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dick's
Big 5
Yep, 50 round boxes of odd brand ammo for $.10/rd. I literally don't remember when I last saw a brick of 22s on a store shelf.....at least four years ago.

I am still loading Hornet ammo for around $.07-08/rd with cast bullets so I have no plans to sell the mould any time soon. laugh
In the last couple of years, I've shot more 22 bird shot than I have solids.

[Linked Image]
I have purchased 2250 rounds in the last couple weeks from a new Academy Sports store that just opened.
I went in last Sunday afternoon, the last day of their 3 day grand opening sale and they still had an end cap mostly full of 22LR ammo.
I purchased four 325 count Federal AutoMatch @ the sale price of $16.99 each.
The $10 coupon covered the 9% sales tax.
I bought 10X my previous purchases during the shortage.
It is like pulling on a dog's tail.

Now I have 20 years left to shoot, and 2 million years worth of ammo.

The shortage was brought on by expensive tooling running 3 shifts a day to feed bricks into closets that previously held boxes of 50.
Have seen .22 on the shelf twice in three years here in Montana that wasn't gouge prices like $95 a brick.

Would love to have the option that the rest of you have.
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami
I bought a few bricks a few years ago for $38 and change each. I've been pretty frugal with them. I have seen plenty of empty shelves since too. A few months ago I was building a fireplace for a guy who was knockin squirrels out of his trees with a fancy top shelf .22 air rifle. I can't remember the brand but it was .22, rifled, scoped, very accurate, very quiet, and IIRC shot something like 1350 fps.

I've been thinking of looking into getting one of these, not to replace a .22lr but to supplement one. I haven't messed with air rifles since I was a kid, but this one I saw was nothing like the old Crossman .177 pump ups I had back then. Have any of you tried these out, or have recommendations, advice etc. on them?

There's a whole boatload of high end airguns...IMHO PCP powered is the way to go...most now have factory "lead dust collectors" or "shrouds" that also act as suppressors and the good news is that they aren't subject to the gun control act. The largest I've tried is a .25 caliber (my current)... If I had to suggest one to get started with I'd recommend this one. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Marauder_PCP_Air_Rifle_Synthetic_Stock/3139/6069 and with a couple of very inexpensive modifications, they are virtually silent.

Go with the .25 caliber...the knockdown power over a .22 caliber is significant. If I could afford it, I'd be trying the .357/9mm's
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
Have seen .22 on the shelf twice in three years here in Montana that wasn't gouge prices like $95 a brick.

thats why I buy online at $38.50/brick...shipped/no tax/no limit

here in Podunk have no selection...Walmart (sucks) is 45 miles away...

Sportmans Whorehouse is 2 hrs away....they had a 100 rd limit the

last (LAST) time I was there....screw 'em.......
Originally Posted by Henry McCann

Henry as some have said you can easily find a brick of decent quality .22 online with no hassle and cheap or free shipping..I havn't bothered with stores for years
Academy had Federal Champion (40-grain solids) for $2.49/box = .0498 - I bought 10 boxes. I was actually in there looking at the Glocks......
Originally Posted by Ringman
I have some 22lr for sale in the classifieds

What do you have and what price?
I recently bought several thousand rounds of Federal Auto Match (shoots well in my rifles) for about 5.6 cents a round at a local Dick's Sporting Goods.
are you buying 22lr?

No, and I am not shooting much of it either. Supply is sufficient for any reasonable scenario and it's cheaper to cast and load CF small cap cases.
I have had no trouble equalling or bettering common $.09 LR ammo by casting my own for the hornet at around $.08/round, gas check included. I don't remember the last brick of bulk box of LR I've seen on a store shelf.
No! I bought a 'lifetime supply' 30 years ago! It ain't nowhere near....short!!
Federal 325 rounds @ $21.99 so that's what .06?

that isn't on sale and you can guy as much as you want I guess. I didn't see any limits on it at Cabelas.
Walmart comes through again - 1000 of the Winchester M-22 (40-gr solids) for $55.07, or .055/round.

Counter-boy initially said "we're out, except for this rat-shot"....an older lady clerk who has sold me ammo before was walking away but whipped around and pointed under the counter and told counter-boy "sell him that" and made him pull out the box of Winchester.
Walmart comes through again - 1000 of the Winchester M-22 (40-gr solids) for $55.07, or .055/round.

Counter-boy initially said "we're out, except for this rat-shot"....an older lady clerk who has sold me ammo before was walking away but whipped around and pointed under the counter and told counter-boy "sell him that" and made him pull out the box of Winchester.
Yep, they do keep .22 ammo under the counter for their friends. I've seen it myself.
I didnt need any but I picked up 3 x 100 packs at Sportsman's for $8.99 each this morning. They had plenty of supply.

Bulk pack of 333 Win. 36 grain copper plated hollow points, just a tad over 5 cents per round.

Stopped buying. Don't need any more.. in my lifetime, anyway.
© 24hourcampfire