Home
Posted By: Timbermaster Cold War relics - 05/30/16
Cleaning out the garage and found these old signs my father in law, a cold war spy, brought back from West Germany during the 1980's. Thought it would be fitting to show these as I remember him this Memorial Day. God Bless to all Veterans.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: packrat77 Re: Cold War relics - 05/30/16
Not something you see everyday. Pretty cool.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Cold War relics - 05/30/16
More stuff...
The license plates allowed foreign military liasons to enter the Russian sectors and vice versa.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Cold War relics - 05/30/16
My FIL is in center of photo in the back, with moustache. Don't know the signicance of this photo, but he displayed it in his office until the day he died.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: speedsixman Re: Cold War relics - 05/30/16
That is a super neat collection that deserves to be on display on your wall or in a museum somewhere.

Myron
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Cold War relics - 05/30/16

Definitely agree.
Posted By: chuck_tree Re: Cold War relics - 05/30/16
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
My FIL is in center of photo in the back, with moustache. Don't know the signicance of this photo, but he displayed it in his office until the day he died.

[Linked Image]

Way cool picture!

Just speculation on my part, but...

The 4-star on the left looks a bit like George Blanchard. If so this picture was made in Europe in the mid-to late 1970's.

The guy in the center appears to be a Red Army Marshal. Not sure which one, though. Commander Group of Soviet Forces in Germany at the time was a general not a Marshal.
Posted By: g5m Re: Cold War relics - 05/31/16
Very neat!
© 24hourcampfire