Home
Posted By: 86thecat Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
Went to Midway site to look for some bullets, no option (that I could find) to list product by manufacturer. Most popular, price, availability, etc were options but how many Dmn pages am I supposed to look thru? Final straw, haven't ordered from them for quite a while and doubt if I will ever go back to their site even for a look see. Why do manufacturers feel a need to take a working website and turn it into worthless trash? Their computer techs must be complete morons. Off to Grafs now, just had to rant.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
I was always a defender of midway, but the $10 surcharge to Alaska despite the invention of flat rate boxes lost me.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
It appears you were having a brain fart. The brand option is right there on the left side of the page, along with all of the other search criteria.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
I read the OP, then went to Midways website,

I seached for 55gr Barnes, took 2 seconds.

I searched for H4350 powder, took 2 seconds.

I then searched for 165 gr Sierra, took 2 seconds.

That thing called the search box, try it once.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I read the OP, then went to Midways website,

I seached for 55gr Barnes, took 2 seconds.

I searched for H4350 powder, took 2 seconds.

I then searched for 165 gr Sierra, took 2 seconds.

That thing called the search box, try it once.

Likewise here, I've never had any problem with Midway's website. It's one of the easiest to navigate of the many I frequent.
If you want to see every bullet except the brand of bullets your looking for try Midsouth Shooters supply.

Doc
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
Didn't receive my order from Midway.
Emailed customer service - no response.
Emailed again - no response.
Called and they told me they had system shipped to a previous address and order was returned.
"But I entered both current shipping and current billing address on the new order"
"I know. We are re-shipping"
Then the shipment didn't arrive for 3 or 4 more weeks.
Posted By: LostHighway Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
And there is the stocking fee if you return anything. That was a deal breaker for me. I haven't ordered anything from them in 10 years. Too many other companies to put up with that.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
Generally, Midway gets things here pretty quickly (and we are one day farther away from anywhere else in the US). But, when they screw up, it does take some time to sort out. That said, I usually check them first when I am ordering components on line. Beats a 300-mile round trip to NW Tucson...
Posted By: old_willys Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
After their web upgrade the "search within results" was gone, after writing them I was answered with an email saying it was coming back. They said that a lot of folks asked for that option to return so they put it back.

My favorite is the "lead free" option which makes searching for lead free items so easy. To me MIDWAYUSA now is one of the easy sites to search.
Posted By: Ray Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
Originally Posted by Calvin
I was always a defender of midway, but the $10 surcharge to Alaska despite the invention of flat rate boxes lost me.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to buy a riflescope from Midway on the telephone, because I got a flag that the scope had a DOT shipping to Alaska. The scope has a Lithium battery, so supposedly it could not be shipped here. I ordered it online from one of the vendors in this forum, and three days later I had the scope delivered to my house, shipment free of charge from NY.

Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
First world problems.....

Yawn....
Posted By: EdM Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/18/16
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Went to Midway site to look for some bullets, no option (that I could find) to list product by manufacturer. Most popular, price, availability, etc were options but how many Dmn pages am I supposed to look thru? Final straw, haven't ordered from them for quite a while and doubt if I will ever go back to their site even for a look see. Why do manufacturers feel a need to take a working website and turn it into worthless trash? Their computer techs must be complete morons. Off to Grafs now, just had to rant.

Another 'fire simpleton...
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
midsouth is usually cheaper but they will sometimes burn you on the shipping.
Posted By: bmgillum Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
I have bought quite a bit (for me) of ammo during the past year...most of it from Midway, with absolutely no problems...

Cheers/bg
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
I've always had good results/service from Midway...got a Timney 510 from them just last week...I find their site easy to navigate and their service exemplary.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
What? Midway's site is one of the most easily navigated shopping experiences on the net! Really - it's the one site other's should emulate. It's slick, fast, reliable. Damm they stock like a billion items with a mix and variety that is not to be found elsewhere. Where else can you sort bullets by unit price? Flat Rate shipping options would be cool and I wish they were a couple thousand miles closer, mega cheaper, never out of anything etc... Shaking head...

Posted By: Terryk Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Midway has always been easy to order for me. I like the free shipping, but just has to get hidden in the price to stay in business anyhow.
I do want to say that Midway donated 20,000 dollars to our college team three years ago. No strings attached, we could use the funds for anything. So we put the money in a fund that is supported by the university. So the team earns 5% interest on the fund, and there is always money to buy needed equipment. Team members raise funds by selling goods at football games etc, so the goal is to keep the fund above 20K. Anyway, it was a very nice payback to the shooting community. They also supported the local turkey foundation, so I have respect for Midway's vision.
Posted By: RDW Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Too funny, a lot of people jacking for joy with a 20% off code a few days ago and today bitch'n about finding bullets. Hell, Google Midway and the exact bullet and you can go straight to the page.

Posted By: doubletap Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
If you can't do a search on the Midway site, you can't do a google search either.
Click - what's a click I am looking for Boolits!
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Originally Posted by Terryk
I do want to say that Midway donated 20,000 dollars to our college team three years ago. No strings attached,

Solid move. Things like this need to be acknowledged and admired.

Kudos Midway.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Never had any trouble with Midway and use em all the time, did have a big cat bud get me a number for the executive office about two years ago, called em and said "you guys gotta cut the bullchit on the shipping gouging, it's not nice to treat your customers that way, it shouldn't leave a foul taste in a customers mouth at the conclusion of an order when he/she hears the shipping charges"

I like em.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Been a Midway customer for over twenty five years, even had breakfast with Larry a time or two at the DSC convention. When they started their "smart Post" program, I ordered a box of Woodleigh 480gr 450 NE bullets that come in a cardboard box.

Some genius in their shipping dept stuffed them in a padded envelope. Suffice to say, when i got them they box was completely destroyed and a there was a hole in the envelope and it was missing three bullets. I wrote and called to suggest they put them in a box next time (like everyone else does) and of course nothing happened. Next I ordered some Hornady bullets; sameshit different day. I wrote Larry a nice note and told him to have a nice day. Haven't ordered from them since...
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Some time ago,I also cut out Midway from my doing business with them.

I use Graf almost exclusively now and I've been very impressed with their customer service and their pricing.

Steve
Posted By: Huntz Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
I have been buying from Midway since their flyer was a sheet of paper.Right now they probably have the cheapest shipping going and most orders are here in three days.MidSouth had good prices on Varmint bullets so does Shooters Pro Shop.
Posted By: 86thecat Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed. Yes, you can search for one specific bullet. Yes, you can look at each manufacturers bullets by going back to the menu on left side but that takes forever when looking to scroll thru all brands when not looking for a specific bullet but trying to find something to fill a purpose. Every time I go to Midway the website seems to work differently.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
I spend money at Midway just to thank Potterfield for making and putting such good gunsmithing videos on youtube.

Rich old guys can go around giving every nice person a new Cadillac, but it will not make anyone any happier. It just makes problems for the giver AND the receiver.

Potterfield putting that effort into videos, has found a way to give that works.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Those videos are great if you are into half-assed solutions...
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed. Yes, you can search for one specific bullet. Yes, you can look at each manufacturers bullets by going back to the menu on left side but that takes forever when looking to scroll thru all brands when not looking for a specific bullet but trying to find something to fill a purpose. Every time I go to Midway the website seems to work differently.

open google.
Type "midwayusa"
click on "midwayusa"
type "bullets" in search box
scroll down looking on left hand side of page
click on "brand"
chose from "armcor", "barnes", or "berger" etc. by checking in the box next to them.

You will now see a complete display of that brand
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed.

Good Lord, the drop down menu is still there.

1. shop by department
2. reloading supplies
3. Bullets
4. Brand.....

No disrespect meant here, but it don't get any easier.
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
I just received an order from Midway, a large box (5 ft x 1.5 ft x 6 Inches). I had ordered several items, mostly small stuff but did have a 40" cleaning rod in the box with 4 boxes of bullet of which 1 had busted open and 7mm bullets were loose in the big box. Somebody needs to be fired for the way that order was packaged.
Posted By: 86thecat Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed.

1. shop by department
2. reloading supplies
3. Bullets
4. Brand.....

They changed sort by menu, removed the option that I found most useful. OK, so I am an idiot dinosaur. Thanks, will just use an old dinosaur site like Grafs that doesn't change their site navigation every month. Sorry to bother ya all.
86thecat,
you are not an idiot.
There are two types of engineers:
1) Those that get stuck, and then ask for help.
2) Those that get stuck, and stay that way.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16

Oh my
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Always had great service out of Smilin' Larry.
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Wow.....someone needs to toss an alligator into the gorilla exhibit. cry
86, Can't fathom what you are talking about - still.

Midway's site is super easy to locate stuff and it's been functionally the same for years, it has not changed monthly.

I'd suggest something along the lines of: "Thanks guys for the tip, not sure why I missed that but I hadn't had my coffee yet... Dohhh."

Happy shopping!

1. shop by department
2. reloading supplies
3. Bullets
4. Brand.....

They changed sort by menu, removed the option that I found most useful. OK, so I am an idiot dinosaur. Thanks, will just use an old dinosaur site like Grafs that doesn't change their site navigation every month. Sorry to bother ya all.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Originally Posted by cra1948
I've always had good results/service from Midway...got a Timney 510 from them just last week...I find their site easy to navigate and their service exemplary.

I never had an issue with Midway. When they say Nitro-Express shipping, they mean just that. I get stuff from them that should take much long than it does.

The weak link is the minimally-trained, third-grade literacy apes that work for the local airlines.
Posted By: KEVIN_JAY Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Placed two Orders with them within the last Week. Both shipped the same day, got $16 off an $80 order just by punching in a Promo Code. I have good luck with them.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Originally Posted by Batchief909
Wow.....someone needs to toss an alligator into the gorilla exhibit. cry
no toss Hillary
Posted By: SKane Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
86',

Take a deep breath. It's easy for us to overlook things right under our nose. (I do it all the time)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16bore Re: Midway Stupidity Again - 06/19/16
Some folks couldn't find their ass with a flashlight.
Skane, very helpful. Recently, an unnamed Campfire member got a new computer and could have used some assistance...

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire