Home
Posted By: Scott F It was Nice While It Lasted. - 06/19/16
Left our little pop up A frame at the farm because we will have to spend another week up there starting the 27th. Well they got a bit of a storm and A tree I wanted to take out ten years ago got me back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That sucks! No other words for it.

Insurance?
We did get to use it for 12 days and it is insured but I am not thinking this outcome is going to be real good.
Almost as bad as what the mice in the barn did to mine!

It appears a pop up camper has a rather large number of natural enemies.
Bummer!!
Some beech. Sorry to see that Scotty. Any insurance? Hope you get it repaired soon. Glad nobody was injured when the tree fell. Split the tree for fire wood and cuss it out every time you throw a log on the fire. BURN BITCH BURN. grin
Major bummer Scott. Hopefully insurance will take care of you. I don't think I have insurance on our RV. I've lost track with so many trucks and trailers around here.
We are insured and will be dropping in for a little chat with out agent Monday. We were leaving for a month long trip to Quemado but there is no way it would be ready by then if it can even be fixed.
We were told to never store ours closed due to mice....

We have a pop up slide in right now, stored closed for yeras... due to height issues...

Sorry to hear of that. Good luck with insurance..

I asked a company once that insisted we list our tractor at 5000, why we only got 2500 when it was totalled by a BIG tree limb.... I repaired it but they gave us totalled and only 2500... sometimes you have to wonder about crap like that.

If you give me 2500,t hen list it at 2500 and i'll pay at 2500... not 5000..
Originally Posted by Scott F
We are insured and will be dropping in for a little chat with out agent Monday. We were leaving for a month long trip to Quemado but there is no way it would be ready by then if it can even be fixed.

They should take care of you.

Had a rock go through one of my tractor windshields, and they took care of it.

Sometimes they surprise you.

As much as we pay for insurance those SOB's ought to shell out when need be.
Posted By: cv540 Re: It was Nice While It Lasted. - 06/19/16
stinks. woulda stunk more if you and the family were in it when it happened.

That sucks Scott. maybe the insurance co. will pay for a rental to go to Quemado.

I hope things work out for you.
Posted By: T LEE Re: It was Nice While It Lasted. - 06/19/16
DAMN, sorry to see that Scott. That sucketh the BIG one!
That's really a bummer.
Posted By: ingwe Re: It was Nice While It Lasted. - 06/19/16
Damn Scott! eek
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Almost as bad as what the mice in the barn did to mine!

It appears a pop up camper has a rather large number of natural enemies.

My Son has a camper on his hunting property. Birds nests and mice all the time.
Scott, hate to see this happen to you. Keep the faith. smile
Sorry to hear of your loss. Here's hoping you come out of the deal better than before it happened.

I had a real simple (cheap) Colman pop-up for a number of years and we loved it. I pulled it into a lot of 4 wheel drive only areas, usually ripped the back end out of it, dragging it over rocks but it was great. But mice found a home in it one winter and that was the end of it. I still miss being able to latch onto it at a moments notice with either the car or truck and go where I want to go.
Damn ol' tree.

Have saw
Been known to travel

Baloney...get yourself a roll of Gorilla tape...you already have the blue tarp...
That is a bummer, that was a nice unit. The wife and I were looking at tents today at REI, I think we will keep it simple. Good luck with the insurance.

mike r
That's a bummer buddy, I hate it for you. But, you really need to drop that dead tree (widow maker) in the picture background before it takes out anything else.
Ouch...

Rule on the farm is never leave machinery parked under a (large)tree.
Anyone ever shrink wrap their pop-up camper when storing it like they do with boats?
Originally Posted by Virginian2
That's a bummer buddy, I hate it for you. But, you really need to drop that dead tree (widow maker) in the picture background before it takes out anything else.

I wanted to tame that tree down ten years ago while it was still alive. Now trying to cut it down could easy get a guy dead.
I am generally willing to take down even dicey trees but I would think long and hard before cutting on that one! That kink in the trunk could do ANYTHING.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Ouch...

Rule on the farm is never leave machinery parked under a (large)tree.

LOL< I've told this before... the tractor I mentioned above being totalled..

Shredding one spring, and a storm was coming in, late cold front. Parked under a fairly large, appx 48 inch diameter trunked water oak. Looked up. Thought about the weather. And then drove out from under it and parked in the open pasture.

Next morning the wind had torn the top of the tree out and a fairly large limb, around 30 inch diameter in all its glory and flown far enough to land on the tractor. If I'd have left it under the tree.... it would have had a few scratches....

As it was it was not dead, just took some fixing and some fenders could not get quite right, and finding old parts is tough...

It still shreds today, and will shortly when the damn temp drops to under 100 for the evening

I wanted to tame that tree down ten years ago while it was still alive. Now trying to cut it down could easy get a guy dead.

Camping, hunting, or just walking anywhere near it could easily get a guy just as dead. It really needs to go.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I am generally willing to take down even dicey trees but I would think long and hard before cutting on that one! That kink in the trunk could do ANYTHING.

I have cut silver snags and I am still alive. I dont wat to cut that tree now that is dead.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
That is a bummer, that was a nice unit. The wife and I were looking at tents today at REI, I think we will keep it simple. Good luck with the insurance.

mike r

That sucks big time.....

Mike.....give these guys a look....best tent made IMO and their service is rock solid....

https://www.springbar.com/

Camping, hunting, or just walking anywhere near it could easily get a guy just as dead. It really needs to go.

Maybe I will shoot it down. Just give it a shake and big pieces will fall.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I have cut silver snags and I am still alive. I dont wat to cut that tree now that is dead.

Fertilizer and a strong oxidizer. Or Tannerite.
Don't be a bunch of old women, cut that sucker down!
Scott, is there a way the dealership could replace the plastic parts that are crucial, and you could patch the non crucial stuff enough for the trip?

That aluminum tape works wonders on some things. Ask how I know... frown
Posted By: K1500 Re: It was Nice While It Lasted. - 06/19/16
Given sufficient water damage they may total it out.
We may know more ana couple if days. It is a four hour drive from here. The may just repla the two roof panels and so d us on our way. The limb may have gone through the floor and it could be totaled.

As of now we are still planning to make the trip just not as comfortable. It is a 24 hour drive for us and we are to old to do it in one streatch. hotels will add a lot to the cost.

We have a tent and good a air mattress.
Thanks FG, I will check them out.

mike r
That's a real bummer Scott. We're back home in MN visiting family and they had some pretty good weather last night. Tornados, wind, and hail from 1/2" to several inches in various areas.
Sorry to hear Scott, best of luck going forward with it.

Call UtahLefty.....he'll shinney up there and have that thing whittled into presto logs in nothing flat...
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Call UtahLefty.....he'll shinney up there and have that thing whittled into presto logs in nothing flat...

Nope. I like UtahLefty.
Doggone, it Scott. That's not good, but maybe it will turn out that way. Prayers offered.
Thanks my friend..

Insurance adjuster has taken it on as a challenge to have it fixed in time to leave for Quemado. I like his attitude.
© 24hourcampfire