Home
Posted By: watch4bear The Gowdy - 06/23/16
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=144&v=DNDcd1Fe5lg[/video]
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
i like him, but so far, nobody seems to EVER be held accountable.
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
I thought at first he was really going to hold people accountable but like all politicians these days he's all take and no action!
Posted By: JDK Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Typical bullshit artist.
Posted By: tzone Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I thought at first he was really going to hold people accountable but like all politicians these days he's all take and no action!

EXACTLY!
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Yep....the fuggin republicans need to stop pursuing these endless hearings and investigations that end up going nowhere....
It's like the little boy that cried wolf....eventually people just shrug them off or assume it's a witch hunt depending on which side of the fence they're on......
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Bluster without action.

Pretty much what the dims did with their sit in the other day.

People are getting tired of inaction.

Time for some accountability.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by JDK
Typical bullshit artist.

Exactly............Gowdy has become the master at talking tough & doing nothing.

All blow, no go; talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

MM
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
What else is it that he is supposed to do? He is a congressman, not a prosecutor. It seems all he can do is try to expose the truth about what happened. Hard for me to believe that he doesn't want to put people away, but his hands are tied to a great extent. What am I missing?
Posted By: poboy Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Nobody can make a Democrat tell the truth. It can't be done.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Yeah, curious here what his job allows him to do about the injustices besides exposing them. Is he falling short?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
The lack of appreciation as to what a Congressional committee can and can't do is staggering...
Posted By: BKinSD Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
No reason to pick on people who are generally with you...gotta close the ranks people.
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
What else is it that he is supposed to do? He is a congressman, not a prosecutor. It seems all he can do is try to expose the truth about what happened. Hard for me to believe that he doesn't want to put people away, but his hands are tied to a great extent. What am I missing?

He's not a federal prosecutor but why doesn't he go on all the major media outlets and state that his committee recommends charges be brought against her then lay out his case!
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Other than being in contempt of court, I am not aware of any mechanism to hold someone (how else are you going to make them accountable)until they cooperate. Congress does not have a jail cell in the basement to hold those folks until they comply.

Does Congress need some effective way to hold someone responsible or to answer questions for bad behavior or questions of bad behavior? We found out with Lois Lerner, who is a public employee that we cannot even fire, hold them in contempt or even suspend them without pay for bad behavior.

This is Congresses fault for not creating a system to ensure cooperation.

kwg
Posted By: jdm953 Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
At least he is a voice for the constitution.I would like more also.
Posted By: JDK Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
I am fully aware that the legislative branch cannot convene a grand jury, issue search warrants, or conduct criminal investigations. I actually like the guy but let's be honest..his Benghazi investigation was a loud and expensive nothing.

Typical bullshit artist.

Posted By: RickyD Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by JDK
I am fully aware that the legislative branch cannot convene a grand jury, issue search warrants, or conduct criminal investigations. I actually like the guy but let's be honest..his Benghazi investigation was a loud and expensive nothing.

Typical bullshit artist.

You or him?

Benghazi is not settled science yet. Not by a long shot.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
I actually like the guy but let's be honest..his Benghazi investigation was a loud and expensive nothing.

The investigation didn't help hillary at all. In fact it pointed directly to collusion between her and the whitehouse.
Posted By: Raeford Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
I would venture a guess that he is doing just about everything he has the power to do.
Originally Posted by Raeford
I would venture a guess that he is doing just about everything he has the power to do.

and there's that little thing called evidence.
Posted By: dassa Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16

Don't know if that's a typo, but I agree
I wonder what crooked hillary did with those emails? grin

Originally Posted by dassa

Don't know if that's a typo, but I agree
I wondered if anyone was going to catch that! wink
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I can see how the majority leaders can hold him back from actually going forward with prosecutions, but I think his greatest gift to the public is bringing the facts to light.

Regardless of how corrupt the leadership is (yes, small case "l" because they are truly not Leaders) I see him doing everything to show how corrupt this administration is.

Through his superb questioning, we, the people, have learned much more than we could ever have by any other Rep. in Congress.

He isn't just cursing the darkness, he's lighting a candle.

It's up to the American people to make the conservative (relatively speaking) members of Congress do the right thing.

Ed
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Good Words, Ed.

GTC
Posted By: RickyD Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I can see how the majority leaders can hold him back from actually going forward with prosecutions, but I think his greatest gift to the public is bringing the facts to light.

Regardless of how corrupt the leadership is (yes, small case "l" because they are truly not Leaders) I see him doing everything to show how corrupt this administration is.

Through his superb questioning, we, the people, have learned much more than we could ever have by any other Rep. in Congress.

He isn't just cursing the darkness, he's lighting a candle.

It's up to the American people to make the conservative (relatively speaking) members of Congress do the right thing.

Ed
Well said, Ed. I fully believe Trey would take these traitors to the woodshed if allowed to, by either his position or handlers. He's making a name for himself that should allow him to move to that level should a R get elected in the next election. We can only hope and pray!
Posted By: GeoW Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Who would actually appoint a special prosecutor?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
And after all his bluster and BS, all congress can do is recommend charges be brought.

Guy's lightin farts, not candles.

Special prosecutor hasn't been requested by the RINOs *on purpose*.

Puzzies, all of em.
Posted By: Stevil Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16
Gowdys a great Politician working hard LOL !!
Posted By: RAS Re: The Gowdy - 06/24/16

Exactly.
Posted By: model70man Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Originally Posted by RAS

Exactly.

I like him. Maybe we should remember how long it took to get Nixon with the endless hearings but in the end they got him. Nixon didn't do anything any of the other presidents probably did. I actually liked him and voted for him. He just got caught. He was certainly ahead of the lunatics this country has progressed to. My only regret is that Nixon and Kissinger had that friggin' ping pong game with Red China.
Posted By: BobWills Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Originally Posted by kwg020

Other than being in contempt of court, I am not aware of any mechanism to hold someone (how else are you going to make them accountable)until they cooperate. Congress does not have a jail cell in the basement to hold those folks until they comply.

Does Congress need some effective way to hold someone responsible or to answer questions for bad behavior or questions of bad behavior? We found out with Lois Lerner, who is a public employee that we cannot even fire, hold them in contempt or even suspend them without pay for bad behavior.

kwg

Check this out -->> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/opinion/04tue4.html?_r=0
Posted By: Redneck Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
EXACTLY..

All saber rattling - nothing else..
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Read Ed too many letters post

Then read it again

Well stated sir & spot on imo
Posted By: ringworm Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Literally saw him 15 mins ago.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Originally Posted by BobWills
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Check this out -->> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/opinion/04tue4.html?_r=0

Then Congress needs to grow a set of balls and use it. Witnesses have NO rights. They have obligations to speak truthfully when compelled. Only the accused have the right to remain silent. Witnesses can be held in contempt until they talk or they are no longer useful.

kwg
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Originally Posted by jdm953

True but his committee is a toothless hoax.
Posted By: victoro Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Originally Posted by JDK

Typical bullshit artist.

I'm guessing all you liberals that are critical of the Benghazi investigation have watched very little or none of the actual investigations that were televised and form your opinions from the little snippets that your liberal media feeds you. All the Republicans and especially Gowdy have done an outstanding job even though they are only allowed 5 minutes to ask questions and are constantly interrupted by the Democrats on the committee. I watched ALL 13 hours of Hildebeast's testimony and your liberal news media reported how she really put it to the committee. The exact opposite was what happened. She did like she always does-she lied constantly , wouldn't answer the question asked, she stalled until the questioner's time was used up and the answer to many questions was "I don't recall". "I don't recall" has always been one of her favorite answers. Gowdy also did an excellent job with the "Fast and Furious" investigation. THE BULLSHIT ARTIST IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN HILDEBEAST.
Posted By: poboy Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
In 1996 Hillary (1st First Lady to be subpeonaed before a grand jury in American history) " could not recall" anything during the Whitewater hearings. 20yrs of not recalling anything.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jdm953

True but his committee is a toothless hoax.

I got "true" figured as you being a whiny defeatist that will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, if anybody's ever stupid enough to trust you with ANY mission where morale is a factor.

GFY,

GTC
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
Originally Posted by ringworm
Literally saw him 15 mins ago.

saw WHO ?

GTC
Posted By: Stevil Re: The Gowdy - 06/25/16
I think its funny as [bleep] that you dopey Teabagggers are waking upto the fact that this was a just a Political Witch Hunt designed to take down an opponent.

Ultimately its been a distraction and a waste of resources for the GOP and it meant you accepted a Draft dodging, fraudster and a hysterical ex Bankrupt as your nominee.....
© 24hourcampfire