Home
Falling into the trap of PC. Can't see what problem this action fixes.

Following the massacre on June 12th at an Orlando, Fl. night club, "assault-style" guns are no longer being sold at four Coast Guard exchange stores.

Chief operating officer for Coast Guard exchanges, John Riley, says assault-style guns are defined as semi-automatic guns with magazines with a capacity of at least 20 rounds.

The Coast Guard base in Kodiak is the largest in the Pacific.

Riley says banning the sale of the weapons has been an idea the Guard has been looking at for several months, but the tragedy in Orlando was the tipping point.

http://www.youralaskalink.com/news/...eaa54e8-398f-11e6-84b8-2f0c9dcc16cd.html
'Cause the Orlando shooting was carried out by a Coastie with an AR he bought on base? How dumb can people get?
I would think the CG would be promoting private sales of a gun that is very similar to the issue weapon.

("gun" and "weapon" terms carefully chosen)

Be willing to bet they don't ban muslims though.
Great. Now the Coastie officers that have survived Obungo's purge can feel warm and fuzzy.

Originally Posted by mark shubert
I would think the CG would be promoting private sales of a gun that is very similar to the issue weapon.

("gun" and "weapon" terms carefully chosen)

Seriously????

You apparently have no personal military experience. The military and govt are all about control. Those degreed fools that make the rules and policy look out for themselves first. If any of them think for one second that pushing a moronic policy will give them another step to the top, they'll be going full-used-car salesman on anyone who entertains the idea of hearing the sales pitch.

The idiot that implemented this policy is on track for an early promotion and a get-over dream assignment.

Well, that's it then. Problem solved. Heck, THAT was easy! And that is it. This decision does nothing at all. It makes it look like they are doing something, and it's easy. Kinda odd though, that people are afraid of the firearm, but preach love and roses for the people that pull the trigger.
I use to buy fishing gear at that Exchange, but their guns were always too expensive... Not all USCG exchanges have guns but the one nearby in Chesapeake still has them.
There likely ain't 1/2 dozen CG exchanges that carry guns.

This is what happens when you make the military a social experiment. Open the doors to F A GS, promote women and blacks because they are women and black.

Damn shame what is going on in the military.

I'll also add, one of the worse days in recent history was the creation of the Patriot Act and most certainly the creation of DHS.

I saw the CG change SO much, and not for the better, after becoming a part of DHS.

Yes, I will be retiring soon.... will not miss a lot of the DHS stuff... When we came under DHS we were the largest outfit.... under DOT we were pretty small and left alone.
DOT didn't know what we did and they didn't care. They gave us money and said 'Go do good things'
And after Ft Hood you'd think it should be the ohter way around.....
Women in f a gs in the BIG offices, shameful.

Women and f a gs need to be working in Starbucks.
A couple years ago on the show Coast Guard Alaska they showed one of the rescue swimmers off duty. He took his two young kids out to the rifle range to plink - with an AR15. Loved it, bet it made heads spin in DC grin
The Navy stopped selling guns a long time ago, when clinton banned personal firearms from bases. The Marines still sell them and have no problems with them, but I did not realize the CG still did it. Too bad they stopped.
Accomplishes nothing but making some idiotic PC azzholes feel good & allows them to say that THEY DID SOME-THING.

MM
Hill AFB still sells guns in the BX. I haven't looked in a while, but they had bolt action rifles and shotguns on display the last time I noticed. Might've been an AR in there.
Ban the ban muslims and save lives.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Accomplishes nothing but making some idiotic PC azzholes feel good & allows them to say that THEY DID SOME-THING.

MM

yup.

Gotta do SOMETHING, even if it's wrong.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Hill AFB still sells guns in the BX. I haven't looked in a while, but they had bolt action rifles and shotguns on display the last time I noticed. Might've been an AR in there.

Mountain Home AFB BX has a rack full of AR-style rifles....but then we's rednecks here....
Originally Posted by BigNate
'Cause the Orlando shooting was carried out by a Coastie with an AR he bought on base? How dumb can people get?

No, more to do with encouraging gays to joy the service... show them a little love! wink

Never question how dumb people CAN be... there is no bottom to that pit.
I'm almost ashamed at calling myself an American.
Just make a 19 round magazine, and keep selling them.
Back in the day, when men were men, you could peruse the base newspaper private owner gun ads and go to the seller's base housing and buy a gun from the seller. We truly supported and defended the Constitution back then, against all enemies.

© 24hourcampfire