Home
Brexit is a vote against one World government. The EU is governed from Brussels not by elected officials, but by appointed functionaries. Those functionaries are not accountable to the people. Brits finally got fed up with authorities from across the Channel running AND ruining their country.

I predicted the collapsed of the EU as it formed. I couldn't see GB, France and Germany allowing counties like Greece, Italy and Portugal running down the collective economy. The EU has net winners and losers. GB was always a loser, propping up Portugal, Ireland, etc. as well as Greece. After Brexit, don't be shocker
d to see France follow. The French are fiercely proud and independent, and have no qualms about standing on their own.

When France leaves, Germany will be the only economic power left. They will not support Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Italy etc. alone. The EU will die, and the push for one World government will die with it for generations.
Angelia Merkel killed the EU with her insistence that other EU nations take Islamic refugee's who's values were not consistent with modern democratic values.

I expect Sweden will soon follow Great Briton out the door.
That would be sweet.
Marine Le Pen sounded like she supported France telling the EU to go fahq themselves too.

I also watched that smug elitist bastard president of the EU. He revealed himself to be about power and control. He and his cronies need an appointment with a gallows, guillotine or the end of a bayonet.
Thank god. Vacation will be inexpensive again. I was so pissed when hotel and food cost tripled after the euro came out.
Progressive central planning is ALWAYS a dud, but the arrogant power hungry types can't resist. Took a hit today, with a smile.
The Brexit is backlash against the immigration policies of the EU

Between brexit and the decision against Obama's illegal immigration policy (another one world sop), you know why Obama's crying in his beer this weekend.

On the other hand Hillary doesn't care except for what she can get out of it. For all his faults at least Obama has some ideals like being a one worlder. Even if it's dead wrong.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Marine Le Pen sounded like she supported France telling the EU to go fahq themselves too.

I also watched that smug elitist bastard president of the EU. He revealed himself to be about power and control. He and his cronies need an appointment with a gallows, guillotine or the end of a bayonet.

What's stopping you?
if it is all backlash over immigration policies, leaving is all well and good.

What will they all do about their immigrants?
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Between brexit and the decision against Obama's illegal immigration policy (another one world sop), you know why Obama's crying in his beer this weekend.

On the other hand Hillary doesn't care except for what she can get out of it. For all his faults at least Obama has some ideals like being a one worlder. Even if it's dead wrong.

those cry baby democrap buddies of his and there set in for gun control really made it a great week for O.
world wide, liberals are for bigger and bigger, more consolidated government.
Originally Posted by RWE

If they are muslim I suggest liking them
Britain should just be thankful Abe Lincoln isn't in charge of the EU.

Nato would be bombing them right now
Funny but true
wonder what happens to the guys holding Greeces debt ?
THIS
Originally Posted by KFWA

Guessing the Brits are going to regret turning in their guns...
But, but, but wait.............the losers now want a re-do on the vote.

That's really rich............must have learned from the U.S.; keep voting until you get the right answer.

Hope the libs & the elitist's there are told to go pound sand & that the vote is over.

MM
Those who voted for BREXIT tended to be older and less educated. Like in the US, these folks have been less prepared to the changes that have occurred with globalization (which is good for economic growth). One British commentator noted that the majority of those who voted for BREXIT) will live for an average of 16 years while those favoring remaining in the EU have an average life expectancy of 69 years remaining. Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view.

I believe that Britain will rue the day they took this vote. Already, several major manufacturers are discussing relocating to the continent (with the expected lay-offs in Britain) and several large corporations are making noises of relocating their corporate headquarters. Currently, Britain has the lowest unemployment rate (55) in the EU - this is expected to change over the next few years (upward).

We can only speculate the long term consequences of this vote, but it is not expected to be good.
I was really surprised that Scotland voted in the majority to stay in the EU. And it seems that they are renewing the effort to vote again on their own independence from the United Kingdom.
Originally Posted by jdm953
THIS
Originally Posted by KFWA

NATO and the EU are totally separate entities. NATO has 22 members (including the US and Canada) while the EU has 28 (including the UK, but no US or Canada). They do cooperate, but are separate and it is doubtful whether the US or Canada would permit NATO to intervene.
thanks for clarifying the "if Abe Lincoln was in charge analogy"
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I was really surprised that Scotland voted in the majority to stay in the EU. And it seems that they are renewing the effort to vote again on their own independence from the United Kingdom.

I expect Scotland to withdraw from the UK (it is already independent except for several issues) so it can completely withdraw and remain in the EU. Following a referendum in 1997, the Scotland Act 1998 was passed by the British Parliament to establish a Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government with responsibility for most laws specific to Scotland (most notably defense and international diplomatic issues remain with the UK).

Scotland and Northern Ireland have benefited from EU membership (as has the entire UK) and may vote to separate from the UK; this may portend the dissolution of the UK as we know it.

I expect that Scotland will completely secede from the UK and establish itself as an independent nation with EU and NATO membership.
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I expect Scotland to withdraw from the UK (it is already independent except for several issues) so it can completely withdraw and remain in the EU. Following a referendum in 1997, the Scotland Act 1998[120] was passed by the British Parliament to establish a Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government with responsibility for most laws specific to Scotland (most notably defense and international diplomatic issues remain with the UK).

Scotland and Northern Ireland have benefited from EU membership (as has the entire UK) and may vote to separate from the UK; this may portend the dissolution of the UK as we know it.

I expect that Scotland will completely secede from the UK and establish itself as an independent nation with EU and NATO membership.

I think your analogy is spot on but would hate to see that happen.
Originally Posted by djs
Those who voted for BREXIT tended to be older and less educated. Like in the US, these folks have been less prepared to the changes that have occurred with globalization (which is good for economic growth). One British commentator noted that the majority of those who voted for BREXIT) will live for an average of 16 years while those favoring remaining in the EU have an average life expectancy of 69 years remaining. Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view.

I believe that Britain will rue the day they took this vote. Already, several major manufacturers are discussing relocating to the continent (with the expected lay-offs in Britain) and several large corporations are making noises of relocating their corporate headquarters. Currently, Britain has the lowest unemployment rate (55) in the EU - this is expected to change over the next few years (upward).

We can only speculate the long term consequences of this vote, but it is not expected to be good.

I think you are using the term "less educated" in place of "less indoctrinated "
It is a common mistake among those overly educated.
Originally Posted by djs

Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!

The youth in Brittain, even more so than here, don't have a clue. All they know is what was taught them in schools and colleges and on the globalist government controlled media.
Wasn't the youth vote a big part of the Brexit? I think it was according to what was on the news.
They were quite heavily against it, as the government came out and told them their "free schidt" would be in jeopardy. The UK is much like the U.S. in that the youth are happy to see the country flooded with immigrants that do the jobs that are considered beneath them...as they sit on the dole with a degree.

They did the same thing with Scottish independence, even going so far as opening the vote to 16 year olds!

Generations of indoctrination in government controlled schools and by professors and reporters with similar indoctrination/agendas...and folks wonder at the "changes"!
Originally Posted by kciH
They were quite heavily against it, as the government came out and told them their "free schidt" would be in jeopardy. The UK is much like the U.S. in that the youth are happy to see the country flooded with immigrants that do the jobs that are considered beneath them...as they sit on the dole with a degree.

They did the same thing with Scottish independence, even going so far as opening the vote to 16 year olds!

Generations of indoctrination in government controlled schools and by professors and reporters with similar indoctrination/agendas...and folks wonder at the "changes"!

Remind you of the Bernie Sanders crowd?
Originally Posted by RWE

The enlightened youth gave us the POS in the White House.
Originally Posted by djs

Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!

The youth in Brittain, even more so than here, don't have a clue. All they know is what was taught them in schools and colleges and on the globalist government controlled media.

"Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!"

By younger, I was referring to those in their early-mid 30's, not 20 year olds. These folks have 30+ years to work and then a retirement that my extend for another 30 years. A 60 year old with lesser education is approaching retirement and their work life is nearing its' end. The younger generation has (generally) greater education and a more professional or white-collar employment. Just as in the US, blue-collar employment has dropped as jobs have gone overseas, while professional/white-collar employment has grown. This younger generation is concerned that their future will be diminished.

Keep in mind that US manufacturing is at its' all time high, but with productivity gains and automation, many manufacturing jobs have disappeared - never to return.
[quote=hatari]Brexit is a vote against one World government. The EU is governed from Brussels not by elected officials, but by appointed functionaries. Those functionaries are not accountable to the people. Brits finally got fed up with authorities from across the Channel running AND ruining their country.

I could be wrong, but I believe you are right. In my mind I can connect the dots to see what you are seeing, as part of it they are trying to destabilize by using immagration, what I can't connect is how they transfer all power to a central Government. It seems there would be a all inclusive world war as to which country would house the Govermental seat. I just hope I'm wrong and even stupid for thinking they are attempting to do this.

Are you talking about George HW Bush and his New World Order?
And his implementing NAFTA? A border-less society.

For modern times that is where is started.

Sept 11 1990
Originally Posted by SU35

Are you talking about George HW Bush and his New World Order?
And his implementing NAFTA? A border-less society.

For modern times that is where is started.

Sept 11 1990

------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember it well -made me sick to hear hw speak of it.

He can KMA -so can his boys.
Originally Posted by djs

I'm not sure what your sources are, but that runs counter to just about every astute analysis that I've read. As in 180 degrees opposite of what most economists think will really happen. Within a couple of months when everyone realizes that the sky won't fall, the UK economy will be buzzing. It will be an ideal spot for "european" corporate headquarters going forward as well, since it will no longer be bound by EU regulations.

The main "unintended" consequence will be that numerous other better-developed countries will run for the exits now also, in order to get on the gravy train that the UK will have rolling within a year.
Originally Posted by hatari
...The EU is governed from Brussels not by elected officials, but by appointed functionaries. Those functionaries are not accountable to the people. Brits finally got fed up with authorities from across the Channel running AND ruining their country...

That's exactly what our own government feels like, a bunch of foreigners, with nothing much to lose, monitoring our every move, telling us what's good for us and just what we are allowed to do. While taxing us to death.
You can argue all you want that a European Union was a good idea. Maybe it was. However, the EU was poorly thought out. If they wanted a union that would have worked better, they would have formed a republic. As it was, the EU was just a half-azzed attempt.
BREXIT.

Stage right.
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by djs

I'm not sure what your sources are, but that runs counter to just about every astute analysis that I've read. As in 180 degrees opposite of what most economists think will really happen. Within a couple of months when everyone realizes that the sky won't fall, the UK economy will be buzzing. It will be an ideal spot for "european" corporate headquarters going forward as well, since it will no longer be bound by EU regulations.

The main "unintended" consequence will be that numerous other better-developed countries will run for the exits now also, in order to get on the gravy train that the UK will have rolling within a year.

The UK’s exit (not a done deal yet, the UK government has to formally file an Article 50 application to the EU), but we are in uncharted water. No one really knows what the long term result will be. Over 50% of the UK’s exports are to the EU; as part of the negotiations to withdraw, new trading agreements with duties will need to be negotiated. I don’t think the EU will look too favorably on the Brits and may tax their exports (to the EU) at a high rate. This will dampen demand and cause a slowdown on British manufacturing (i.e., a recession).

A number of corporations (including British financial institutions and others that deal in Euros and exports) are considering relocation to Paris or Frankfort. This withdrawal WILL cause an economic slowdown in the British economy; we just don’t know how much yet – it will take about 2 years for formal withdrawal and then we’ll see.
Originally Posted by BarryC
You can argue all you want that a European Union was a good idea. Maybe it was. However, the EU was poorly thought out. If they wanted a union that would have worked better, they would have formed a republic. As it was, the EU was just a half-azzed attempt.

One of the founding ideas behind the EU's formation was to reduce the likelihood of another European war (e.g., Germany attacking its neighbors as it did on three occasions within 70 years - 1870, 1914, 1939. To this end it has succeeded by intertwining economies.

Actually a republic was proposed and quickly discarded as no one was willing to relinquish sovereignty. Here is a summary of how the EU is governed - see: https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/RS21372.pdf
Id expect it to be busniness as normal as the EU has as much to loose from reacting irrationally, Id expect the French and a few other countries may also leave.

I predicted this would happen a decade ago as the open border policy and financial equalization of rich and poor countries would only end in tears.

This has little relevance to the US at all

and no parallels can be drawn or assumed

Originally Posted by hatari
Brexit is a vote against one World government. The EU is governed from Brussels not by elected officials, but by appointed functionaries. Those functionaries are not accountable to the people. Brits finally got fed up with authorities from across the Channel running AND ruining their country.

I predicted the collapsed of the EU as it formed. I couldn't see GB, France and Germany allowing counties like Greece, Italy and Portugal running down the collective economy. The EU has net winners and losers. GB was always a loser, propping up Portugal, Ireland, etc. as well as Greece. After Brexit, don't be shocker
d to see France follow. The French are fiercely proud and independent, and have no qualms about standing on their own.

When France leaves, Germany will be the only economic power left. They will not support Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Italy etc. alone. The EU will die, and the push for one World government will die with it for generations.

It ain't rocket science is it?
In part alot of this anti EU is because its a failed social experiment that had to tried.

Wealth has been transfering from the old world Economies like Europe and the US to Asia since they started to get their economies mobilized.

[bleep] happens and I wont be crying over the UK leaving
Originally Posted by Stevil
In part alot of this anti EU is because its a failed social experiment that had to tried.

Wealth has been transfering from the old world Economies like Europe and the US to Asia since they started to get their economies mobilized.

[bleep] happens and I wont be crying over the UK leaving

I suspect you might be a failed social experiment.
Originally Posted by Stevil

This has little relevance to the US at all

Typical small-mind America thinking.
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by djs

"Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!"

By younger, I was referring to those in their early-mid 30's, not 20 year olds. These folks have 30+ years to work and then a retirement that my extend for another 30 years. A 60 year old with lesser education is approaching retirement and their work life is nearing its' end. The younger generation has (generally) greater education and a more professional or white-collar employment. Just as in the US, blue-collar employment has dropped as jobs have gone overseas, while professional/white-collar employment has grown. This younger generation is concerned that their future will be diminished.

Keep in mind that US manufacturing is at its' all time high, but with productivity gains and automation, many manufacturing jobs have disappeared - never to return.

You nailed it with the use of 'their' several times. It's a short range view because they are worried about THEIR good and not what's good for the NATION.

Long range planning would say, what's good for the Nation is good for everyone.

The younger generation's only concern is themselves, the generation of ME.

Originally Posted by djs

Actually a republic was proposed and quickly discarded as no one was willing to relinquish sovereignty.

That's unfortunate because they pretty much gave up their sovereignty anyways.
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by djs

Actually a republic was proposed and quickly discarded as no one was willing to relinquish sovereignty.

That's unfortunate because they pretty much gave up their sovereignty anyways.

Not quite. While the citizens of each EU country-members do not vote for the EU Commissioners, the Commissioners are appointed by each nation's government. Voter's elect the Parliament (in the case of the UK) and the Parliament selects the EU Commissioner to represent their country. In the same vein, the UK's Parliamentary system, voters elect Members of Parliament, who in turn select the Prime Minister - no citizen votes for the Prime Minister.

see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Commissioner
Originally Posted by djs
- no citizen votes for the Prime Minister.

The citizens can get rid of the PM by voting out his party. How do they get rid of the EU President?
Originally Posted by djs

The citizens can get rid of the PM by voting out his party. How do they get rid of the EU President?

The EU has the most convoluted system of choosing leaders I've ever seen.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by djs

The EU has the most convoluted system of choosing leaders I've ever seen.

"The EU has the most convoluted system of choosing leaders I've ever seen."

As useless as ours!!
Originally Posted by djs

The majority party chooses the prime minister.

As for the EU president, which one? There are at least two EU presidents, maybe more and no one votes for them. They are chosen through some Byzantine bureaucratic process that almost no one understands.

The EU has more than 10,000 employees who have higher salaries than the British prime minister.
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by djs

The UK’s exit (not a done deal yet, the UK government has to formally file an Article 50 application to the EU), but we are in uncharted water. No one really knows what the long term result will be. Over 50% of the UK’s exports are to the EU; as part of the negotiations to withdraw, new trading agreements with duties will need to be negotiated. I don’t think the EU will look too favorably on the Brits and may tax their exports (to the EU) at a high rate. This will dampen demand and cause a slowdown on British manufacturing (i.e., a recession).

A number of corporations (including British financial institutions and others that deal in Euros and exports) are considering relocation to Paris or Frankfort. This withdrawal WILL cause an economic slowdown in the British economy; we just don’t know how much yet – it will take about 2 years for formal withdrawal and then we’ll see.

If you talk to the UK 40-50 and under crowd, I do daily being married to one, they act as if anything other than socialism is insanity...as if any other option does not even exist. The government controlled schools and universities, as we have here, have been more successful than you can imagine. When you talk about "more educated", what you really mean is "more thoroughly indictrinated" It really IS that simple. Highly educated, successful, individuals who have never EVEN CONSIDERED THE OPTION of an education system not controlled by government...that DON'T EVEN CONSIDER the BBC to be a propaganda machine.

We all better watch the hell out, as we are only a generation behind the UK on mainstream socialism. If you don't believe that, you are blind.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by djs

The majority party chooses the prime minister.

As for the EU president, which one? There are at least two EU presidents, maybe more and no one votes for them. They are chosen through some Byzantine bureaucratic process that almost no one understands.

The EU has more than 10,000 employees who have higher salaries than the British prime minister.

Pretty much my point.

Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose smart phone!

(slight correction) smile
© 24hourcampfire