Home
I was rummaging through some stuff and found my jr. high yearbook.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This would not be considered acceptable today.

This might be one of the influences that kept me from achieving the status of 'sensitive new age guy'. I remain stuck as a western barbarian.

Did I hear someplace that a longstanding Texas football rivalry was forced to change it's name? Red River shootout or something like that had to adopt a new name?

Back in the days of this yearbook we all rode the bus to school.
I can remember a morning when a young cowboy wasn't at his bus stop. A few miles down the road a sedan full of cowboy hats became visible through the dust behind the bus. The high school kids in the front seat fired their 6 guns out the car windows to get the drivers attention so that their young brother that missed the bus could get on.
Is that a pop tart chewed into the shape of a gun?
STOP! you're triggering me....where's my safe space?
You will need counseling now!
Originally Posted by ingwe
You will need counseling now!

My wife's been sayin' that for years! grin
My high school yearbook was the "Mangonel".
Our mascot was The Crusader.

Not that I care, haven't checked for years, but now they're probably the queer jihad yearbook with mascot a sideways zebra striped goat.

With an obama bumper sticker in its ass.

I like it! Was your school mascot the Rough Riders?

Just for fun drive by the Little Cow Town of Gordon Nebraska some time and read the sign off of HWY. 20......... Same rough exterior but what a tough little place. Our 118 pounder in college was a 2x state champ from Gordon and that cat was the toughest pound for pound kid I have ever met.
CM Russell. Gotta love it.
I think we need to revisit the First Amendment.

I shocked and ashamed you are even allowed to post such a picture on a public forum! shocked

Such a philistine you are. wink

Geno

PS, our mascot was a bullfighter. Now you have me wondering if they changed that too.

I guess my school was ahead of its time. We were the Black Tornadoes (although I would have to admit that I have never seen a white tornado).
Originally Posted by logger
I guess my school was ahead of its time. We were the Black Tornadoes (although I would have to admit that I have never seen a white tornado).

You're lucky you didn't grow up in my house. My Mom was a "White Tornado" when we pizzed her off. grin

Ed
Originally Posted by logger

Here's a black tornado for you:

We were the Vikings, very friendly folk...
I'll say it's incorrect! Get that cheek down to the stock!
© 24hourcampfire