Home
Posted By: memtb Tour de France - 07/02/16
Am I the only one on the fire, Who watches the Tour every year? It's not the same after Armstrong "tarnished" it so badly. But,the scenery is something to see,and in spite of the "doping" they are amazing athletes! memtb
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Tour de France - 07/02/16
I followed it for a while. The Tour, Vuelta, and Giro. All the spring classics and one days.

Indurain was the man! Though I imagine he doped as well. I could care less about doping though. You still have to ride the bike.

Haven't paid much attention in the last 10-15 years.
Remember when that French cop stepped out into the middle of the lane to get a pic of the sprinters?

Jalabert nailed him at top speed. He ended up worse than the cop. Bloody mess.

Who was that huge Russain/Ukrainian fella? Abdujaparov? That guy was a pedal masher!
Posted By: antlers Re: Tour de France - 07/02/16
Originally Posted by memtb
It's not the same after Armstrong "tarnished" it so badly. But,the scenery is something to see, and in spite of the "doping" they are amazing athletes!

How'd Armstrong "tarnish" it when all of em' were doping...?

Like you mentioned above, in spite of the "doping" they are amazing athletes, including Armstrong.

If all of the top guys were doping, the playing field among the top guys was still level, and Armstrong still beat all of em' seven times.
Posted By: Kudu11 Re: Tour de France - 07/02/16
Watch it every year without fail - wife and I love it!
Not to mention "doping" in cycling includes a whole bunch of penny ante bullchit.
Posted By: Kudu11 Re: Tour de France - 07/03/16
Good start - great win by Cavendish.....

Awesome scenery as always
© 24hourcampfire