Home
Posted By: kaywoodie Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
1/4" yesterday afternoon! Trace this morning. Looks like more headed this way. Cooler temps too! Currently 78! High here yesterday only 92!
And to top it off got flash flood alert about 5 minutes ago!

I'll take what we can get!
Posted By: poboy Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Yep, about 1 1\2" so far in Central Austin. Nice slow rain for hours. Radar looked good out your way, B.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Got .4" last night.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Yeah! Little shower going on now! Lovely!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
No measurable rain at my house since early June. Only an official trace at the airport. Wet season doesn't really start until October around here. If it weren't for the lightning and wildfires, I'd sure like to see some storms roll through.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
All around us here, but only hitting the home place just enough to dimple the dust on the vehicles. Still, it's nice to sit on the porch just after sundown and watch the lightning shows and see the rain falling on the ranches surrounding us. Even nicer to see the green-up on those ranches!
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Had 4 5/8 inches here over the last two days. Had several showers prior in July. Not sure of the total for the month. Average for July here is 1 7/8 inches. Going into August greener than I can ever remember. GW
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
We have 96 now and a promise of some showers later in the day.

They have been wrong before.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
1/4" inch yesterday.

Better than nothing. The cool down was nice.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
We got almost 2.5" Saturday and another shower this afternoon. Haven't looked at the gauge yet, so I dont know how much.

Good part is 80% chance tonight and 90% tomorrow.

Posted By: mark shubert Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Since around the middle of June we had .05" or so - until Sunday evening.
We got .45 - .60" on the close end of the place.
Dunno about the far end, as I haven't been down there since Sun noonish
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Originally Posted by Oldman03
We got almost 2.5" Saturday and another shower this afternoon. Haven't looked at the gauge yet, so I dont know how much.

Life is good at Frog Level!
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
1/4" yesterday afternoon! Trace this morning. Looks like more headed this way. Cooler temps too! Currently 78! High here yesterday only 92!
And to top it off got flash flood alert about 5 minutes ago!

I'll take what we can get!

We used to set on the porch and watch it rain. Being dry land cotton farmers my dad used to say " see that boys.... thats money falling from the sky".

In the end there wasn't enough money falling from the sky for all us boys to stick around so I found my way to the oil field and never looked back!
Posted By: Terryk Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
Most of the corn around here is dead or really stunted. We had rain, but it ain't bringing back the corn here. Crop insurance will be writing checks.
Probably bad for deer mast.
Posted By: buddy Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
We had 2" in 20 minutes about an hour ago and its still raining nicely 3".. In NC Ar.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/27/16
The last day we had over 0.10" was May 21. Since then, we had a few brief showers that totaled 0.04" inches or so each time - measurable but insignificant. Forecasters say we might see a cloud this weekend, just to remind us what they look like.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/28/16
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Life is good at Frog Level!

We got our name honestly.

As I mentioned earlier, it rained some late yesterday afternoon (didn't check the gauge), and we got another good rain last night. Poured out 3.2" this morning. The frogs are singing!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/28/16
3.3" today + 3.2" last night = 6.5" in the last 24 hrs.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/28/16
3.3" today + 3.2" last night = 6.5" in the last 24 hrs.

Turd!!!

Rained like all hell in town while I was trying to grocery shop. Sprinkled at the house!
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Wow! A little rain! - 07/28/16
3.2" last evening and another .3" this afternoon. Today's rain was a slow, steady rain, soaking in.

Plants are already starting to show the effects.

Ed
© 24hourcampfire