Home
This surveillance aircraft makes emergency landing in Russia. I wonder how the greeting went:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...landing-Russia-problem-landing-gear.html
Don't think I'd classify that thing as a 'spy plane'... That ancient thing doesn't have the CFM engines, still has the analog cockpit.
CNN headline - Trump bribes USAF spy plane to retrieve missing emails.

Question for the pilots. Why make an emergency landing for a gear problem when you weren't intending to land in the first place? What sort of problem would force them to land instead of returning to a more friendly area?
Does it take a plane that big to haul 30,000 email printouts?
Why does it have 'Open Skies' on the tail? Testing the treaty?

[Linked Image]
They verify compliance of the treaty.
Notice the complete blackout of previous Russian overflights of America. The corruption runs deep in D.C. and the news media........
Russians get to overfly the US (with an American observer onbaord) to verify our compliance of the treaty.
Think about the possibilities. A stowaway from the ME hides in the wheel well hoping to get to the US. He ends up in the middle of Siberia.

BTW, this was not a secret mission. The flight was allowed by treaty.
A United States 'spy plane' has made an emergency landing in eastern Russia, it has emerged today.
The surveillance Boeing OC-135B aircraft was flying a mission over Siberia as allowed under the Treaty on Open Skies when it reported a problem with its landing gear.
The unarmed plane made an emergency landing at Khabarovsk airport, but a military source in Russia has questioned whether the technical glitch was genuine.
Ends up much to do about nothing...

The airplane departed that base earlier in the day on a return flight back to RAF Mildenhal. Landing gear wouldn't retract after takeoff so the plane returned to the airport.
© 24hourcampfire