Home
Posted By: hanco Johnny Football - 08/11/16
What is the latest, greatest on Johnny Football? He signed with anyone? Is he done?
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Johnny Football - 08/11/16
No one will sign him as he's a drunk.
No newspaper articles lately.
So I guess he's in rehab or not in Dallas right now. Maybe he went down to Mexico for a while.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Johnny Football - 08/11/16
I'm pretty sure that everybody wrote him off when he went to Ohio.
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Johnny Football - 08/11/16
The little azzwipe had the world by the tail. But the party life was more important to him. I doubt anyone would give him a serious shot now.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Johnny Football - 08/11/16
There was a link on FoxNews about him hitting 'rock bottom'.

Don't care enough to click the link. Maybe you can find it.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Johnny Football - 08/11/16
If his 'dick' was a big as he thinks it is....he could use it for a pogo stick!

He's done...as last weeks fried catfish!!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Johnny Football - 08/11/16
Originally Posted by ironbender

He's fallen a long ways but he's far from rock bottom. He was seen partying at a night club. He's still on his feet and has reasonable health. I've seen, and buried, people at rock bottom and it's pretty ugly.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
I hear he is hang'n with Ryan Leaf...
Posted By: hanco Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Johnny football looks like a dog now???
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
"Hangin' with Ryan Leaf."

Probably true.

What a sad story. I played 5 years of high school football. Wasn't that big and I was a linebacker. I was a pretty good player, but nobody wanted to give me a scholarship. Played my senior year and that was it for me.

So, I see a guy like this, he was such a fantastic college player. Such talent, unreal.
Got drafted, had a million bucks in his pocket. Looked like he was on top of the world.
And threw it all away for booze and dope.

He didn't appreciate the gift that God had given him.
Sad.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Originally Posted by tommyd53
The little azzwipe had the world by the tail. But the party life was more important to him. I doubt anyone would give him a serious shot now.

Story going around that Ray Rice is saying he will play this season for free. Maybe Johnny azzhole should try that grin
Posted By: victoro Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Originally Posted by Wtxj
So I guess he's in rehab or not in Dallas right now. Maybe he went down to Mexico for a while.

He lives in Hollywood. I guess that's a little better than Mexico where he could get drugs easier. I've been a fan of Johnny Manziel since he played high school football at Kerville, Texas. He set records therethat will probably never be broken. He did great at Texas A&M but I believe being drafted by the Browns was his downfall. He only got to play when the starting quarterback was injured. When he got to play and did good he went right back to backup as soon as the starting quarterback was cleared to play. The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse. At this point I'm afraid that he has damaged his brain with excessive alcohol and drugs enough to ever make a come back. I believe he has the talent to make it big playing football or baseball but I can't see it happening with his drug problems.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
He has no one to blame but himself.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Originally Posted by victoro
I believe being drafted by the Browns was his downfall.

I think it has more to do with being possibly the stupidest, most clueless human on earth.
Posted By: jimy Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
He changed his name, he's now "Johnnie Foose ball" and he is a star in his own mind!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16

He lives in Hollywood. I guess that's a little better than Mexico where he could get drugs easier. I've been a fan of Johnny Manziel since he played high school football at Kerville, Texas. He set records therethat will probably never be broken. He did great at Texas A&M but I believe being drafted by the Browns was his downfall. He only got to play when the starting quarterback was injured. When he got to play and did good he went right back to backup as soon as the starting quarterback was cleared to play. The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse. At this point I'm afraid that he has damaged his brain with excessive alcohol and drugs enough to ever make a come back. I believe he has the talent to make it big playing football or baseball but I can't see it happening with his drug problems.

Yes, a high-talent guy - and it's absurd to even think that the Browns'organization/coaches are at all responsible for his weaknesses and mistakes. Pro football guys want to win and would play drunks/druggies like him if he looked like their best shot. Not a new story. Big talent does not mean big person or big brain/disicpline. His father's facial expressions and reactions during the Heisman ceremony revealed sad stuff - no doubt he knew the working negative factors in his son and could foresee what has happened. Johnny F did this to himself.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Originally Posted by RufusG
I believe being drafted by the Browns was his downfall.

I think it has more to do with being possibly the stupidest, most clueless human on earth.

Insightful.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Johnny's Dad wrote him off in June. Said he's going to die and there is nothing he can do about it. Johnny then posted a pic of himself partying and said "Hi Dad" or something like that.

A few days later, he said he's quitting the booze/drugs on July 1st.

A few days ago a new photo surfaced. He's back at it again.

Truly a waste
Posted By: Big C Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Who gives a f uck? Spoiled rotten punk ass [bleep].
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Originally Posted by ironbender

yeah right-which time?
Originally Posted by sactoller
I hear he is hang'n with Ryan Leaf...
And Art Schlister?

As totally pathetic as the Browns and their coaches are, it's not their fault at all. I highly doubt any of the coaches told him he had to go get schidtfaced every night if he wanted to meet their expectaions. He's got no one to blame but himself.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Perfect example of an immature kid making too much money.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
I enjoyed watching him play.
I'm astonished that booze can be so addictive to some people that it will cause them will toss away away a one-in-a-million opportunity.
Posted By: kingston Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16

...I've been a fan of Johnny Manziel since he played high school football at Kerville, Texas. He set records therethat will probably never be broken. He did great at Texas A&M but I believe being drafted by the Browns was his downfall. He only got to play when the starting quarterback was injured. When he got to play and did good he went right back to backup as soon as the starting quarterback was cleared to play. The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse...

Yea, the Browns are definitely to blame.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
He comes from a "interesting" family in Tyler Texas.
USGS maps still show the "Manziel Oil Field" called out on them.
Some of his uncles were big into Cock fighting and sold fighting roosters and breeding stock.
I know there's a large building in Tyler called "The Oil Palace" built by his granddad or great granddad.
Maybe a old time Tyler resident here on the fire can chime in
some of his families dealings in and about Tyler.
Originally Posted by Alamosa
I'm astonished that booze can be so addictive to some people that it will cause them will toss away away a one-in-a-million opportunity.
I lost my dad to alcoholism. 3 plus years of combat during WWII were very hard on him, and he turned to the bottle. I've always been bitter over it. He was my best friend, and my hero. It's a very tough habit to break, or control, or even just live with.
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Probably true.

What a sad story. I played 5 years of high school football. Wasn't that big and I was a linebacker. I was a pretty good player, but nobody wanted to give me a scholarship. Played my senior year and that was it for me.

So, I see a guy like this, he was such a fantastic college player. Such talent, unreal.
Got drafted, had a million bucks in his pocket. Looked like he was on top of the world.

Sad.

5 years of high school.... must be a nawth care lina thing
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
David Jaynes.
Posted By: SKane Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse.

This could very well be the funniest thing I've read all week.
Couldn't possibly be his fault - or lack of talent. whistle

It appears only a handful of Texans and John Gruden thought he'd tear up the NFL. The rest of the NFL teams (and country) know sandlot football only works at the collegiate level.
Posted By: Teal Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16

Booze is likely the least of his problems.
Posted By: antlers Re: Johnny Football - 08/12/16
I saw many country acts at The Oil Palace in Tyler in the 90's...Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Restless Heart, Kenny Rogers, Reba McIntire, Ricky Van Shelton, etc.. The Manziels were an 'oil family' in Tyler, with 'oil money', and they were accustomed to having their a$$ kissed...and the Tyler political/social machine was very adept at doing just that.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Johnny Football - 08/13/16
Originally Posted by teal

Booze is likely the least of his problems.

Probably. Never been a fan of his but hate to see a young man spiral like he has.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Johnny Football - 08/13/16
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Probably true.

Sad.

5 years of high school.... must be a nawth care lina thing

Five years of high school football.
No, it was an Atlanta thing. Back in the sixties high school was 5 years in Atlanta, 8th through 12th grade.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Johnny Football - 08/13/16
Originally Posted by hanco
What is the latest, greatest on Johnny Football? He signed with anyone? Is he done?

This dumbass just needs to float away
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Johnny Football - 08/13/16
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Perfect example of an immature kid making too much money.

This
Posted By: barm Re: Johnny Football - 08/13/16
Originally Posted by SKane
The Brown's coaching staff and managers really sucked. I don't blame him for getting frustrated but drinking and taking drugs only made it worse.

This could very well be the funniest thing I've read all week.
Couldn't possibly be his fault - or lack of talent. whistle

It appears only a handful of Texans and John Gruden thought he'd tear up the NFL. The rest of the NFL teams (and country) know sandlot football only works at the collegiate level.

+1

I don't follow college football only the NFL, but I had heard of Johnny Football. When he made his debut in the NFL my first reaction was this kid has a long way to go. I don't know if anyone remembers his game against the Redskins where he gave the Redskins defense the middle finger in front of all the cameras. He is not mentally tough enough to make it at the professional level. It looks like he figured out he doesn't have it and he is hiding his shame behind a bottle. I hope he learns from this and comes out a better man. Only time will tell.
Posted By: SakoAV Re: Johnny Football - 08/13/16
Originally Posted by hanco

You mean Johnny Goofball?

I don't know whether his ego surpassed his talent or he's plagued with demons of mental illness. However, he's done been Ryan Leafed.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Johnny Football - 08/13/16
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
David Jaynes.

I was always led to believe that his vices ran in another direction. (?)
© 24hourcampfire